• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 3
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1962 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
CapnCrunch

Hang at "Checking Media" Reply to this Post

First post in a long time but I'm ready to plunge into the beta. However, after a successful install I consistently just can't get past "Checking Media" on the application. It just searches and searches, etc. Any tips?
[Jul 20, 2003 11:45:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Male Guest
Re: Hang at "Checking Media" Reply to this Post

Are you using the Windows installer? If so, go to the directory in which you had it installed (the default is C:Program Files\Yohoho\ I believe). From there go into Java\javaws and run the program in that directory called javaws.

If you're not using the Windows installer, but installed Java by hand, there should be an entry in the Programs menu called "Java Web Start", run that.

In that program, select File -> Preferences from the menu. From there click on the "Advanced" tab and click the "Show Java Console" checkbox. That will cause a log to be displayed while you are running the game that you can copy and paste and email to us at bugs@puzzlepirates.com so that we can try to diagnose the problem.

Thanks in advance for your help. Hopefully we'll be able to get things shipe shape.
[Jul 21, 2003 4:39:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post   [Link]  Go to top 
muffy

hang on "Checking media" Reply to this Post

I've had this problem as well, and submitted a bug about it. It's been consistent for the last two weeks or so. However, if ye wait about 20 minutes, it will actually finish "Checking media" and let ye log in, so be patient and go do somethin' else for a while while it starts up. And do make sure to submit a bug with the log, as suggested.
----------------------------------------
[Jul 21, 2003 5:06:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates