• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 11
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3040 times and has 10 replies Next Thread
Akivasha

Sound problem Reply to this Post

Ever since the last update I've not had any sound and was wondering if this is something others have experienced? I don't know if this is a "bug" or not...suggestions?...My soundcard is built into my motherboard and is VIA AC'97 Audio Controller (WDM)...any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
[Jul 17, 2003 9:41:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
garf

Re: Sound problem Reply to this Post

its always a good idea to read the patchnotes. true for every game, but even more so when in a beta test.

ye can find them here, your question is answered in there:

http://www.puzzlepirates.com/news/releases/
----------------------------------------
- Randal

[size=9]also Garf, Silvain and a few others
[Jul 17, 2003 10:44:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    garf+on+aim [Link]  Go to top 
Skipper

Since the last update, sound has been turned off by default since it cause problems with many players. If you want to turn it back on, go to options, then click the sound tab, and then change the volume levels to however high you want it. Tell me this doesn't work because I don't have the client on the computer I'm responding to this on.
[Jul 17, 2003 10:47:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
JetsetUK

Thats been one thing I've found very disappointing about this game, the real lack of sound.
Nothing during puzzles, just a few bleeps when walking about and the like.
[Jul 17, 2003 9:24:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
homullus

Sound takes up a lot of space, music even more.
[Jul 17, 2003 10:51:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    homullus [Link]  Go to top 
Nemo
Artist

homullus wrote: 
Sound takes up a lot of space, music even more.

More sounds are slowly being added. And changed. Sound is one of the last things we started on and will be one of the last to be refined. Even so, as Homullus said, sound is very expensive.

-Nemo
[Jul 18, 2003 2:49:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cleaver
Captain

Sound Reply to this Post

We actually have sounds in swordfighting, navigation, carpentry, bilging and sea battle right now. They do take up a lot of space, but the big problem has been persistent issues with Java's sound playback; we suspect it is the culprit for 'locking up' problems that have been reported. We shall see.

Music is much more of a space fiasco, although we do have some rough tunes that we should probably just fling up for yer all to download and play at yer leisure.
[Jul 18, 2003 2:50:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
boro

Music as MIDI? Reply to this Post

How about adding music as MIDIs? Java can do it (haven't tried how well thou') and ye can even have your own soundbanks. MIDIs won't even take much space. Well, maybe you have already thought about it... :o)

[size=9]--
Boromir / Gaspard / Meralda
[Jul 20, 2003 6:57:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ely

Boro, I believe they are set on using MOD for their music files.

Cleaver, have you guys thought about making the music part of an optional download package? That way you guys would be able to work on all the music you like, and if the size is an issue for anyone they can just skip out on the tunes.

Or possibly keeping it in an easily accessible directory, so people can plug their own music in.
[Jul 20, 2003 7:15:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Ely114 [Link]  Go to top 
biohazard

Ely wrote: 

Or possibly keeping it in an easily accessible directory, so people can plug their own music in.

or why not just start up winamp....
Embla
Retired first mate of the Black Widows
Princess of the Pillage People

- People are calling me insane, as if that was a bad thing...
[Jul 20, 2003 7:58:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ely

^ Which is the current solution.

Actually I think the idea is made more moot from there being a real lack of MOD music out there to replace the pirate tunes with.
[Jul 20, 2003 9:32:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Ely114 [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates