• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 12
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2220 times and has 11 replies Next Thread
yitzir

the significance of enamel colors Reply to this Post

What is the significance of the various colors of enamel. For example why might one want a foil with black and white enamel versus yellow and blue or all purple.
[Jan 8, 2008 2:44:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pireteash

Re: the significance of enamel colors Reply to this Post

I forget where the Thread is. And i am too bored to look for it. But there was a thread saying why should not be varies Colors of enema l. You should search it. And read it.
----------------------------------------
Piratesh
Sage Ocean
TRIED to Quit the game.
Gea says:

I'm a planet. Planets usually have rocks :-p

[Jan 8, 2008 3:07:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

The different enamels in swords create different drop patterns, but all of the drop patterns for each swords are the same, just with the colors switched up. So basically, if you're going to buy a sword, there is no advantage to spending 10 times as much on black/black when you could get a yellow/yellow.

Enamel colors in drinking mugs make no difference in the gameplay, it's just a status symbol if you have a more expensive color/
Stevensam -Cobalt Native, founder and host of The PoE is Right. Creator of Lime Day.
[Jan 8, 2008 3:36:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
SirCarl67

There at least 4 reasons that a pirate might choose particular coloured sword:

1. To show of his wealth

2. To reverse the drop pattern as the 4th column is critical in sf those swords that do not have a simetrical drop pattern may be improvved (or made worse) by mirrorring. Green blue and purple as the first colour will have a mirrored drop pattern.

3. Opponents might have memorized the drop patterns of popular sword colours if you have a colour pattern they have not memorized you have an advantage

4. If you pillage regularly with the same people you might want different colours swords to aid teaming, conversely if you are poor at teaming you may want a sword of a common colour so the captain does not knowit was you who was solo the whole time.
Apollo tells ye "If you're ok for me to do one [bake-off], I'll go with that."
[Jan 8, 2008 5:20:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
scm621

There at least 4 reasons that a pirate might choose particular coloured sword:

1. To show of his wealth

2. To reverse the drop pattern as the 4th column is critical in sf those swords that do not have a simetrical drop pattern may be improvved (or made worse) by mirrorring. Green blue and purple as the first colour will have a mirrored drop pattern.

3. Opponents might have memorized the drop patterns of popular sword colours if you have a colour pattern they have not memorized you have an advantage

4. If you pillage regularly with the same people you might want different colours swords to aid teaming, conversely if you are poor at teaming you may want a sword of a common colour so the captain does not knowit was you who was solo the whole time.

5. To match his or her outfit (not always showing off wealth).
Searmin of the Midnight Ocean
Currently unaffiliated
[Jan 8, 2008 6:11:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Silverfur

http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Swords
Read the 4th paragraph.

Also check out the following websites.
http://www.rustycutlass.org/portal.php?module=sword&mpage=swordcolours
http://www.rustycutlass.org/portal.php?module=sword&mpage=sworddrops&colour
[Jan 8, 2008 9:42:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shorty_Jack

The different enamels in swords create different drop patterns, but all of the drop patterns for each swords are the same, just with the colors switched up. So basically, if you're going to buy a sword, there is no advantage to spending 10 times as much on black/black when you could get a yellow/yellow.

[derail]
I believe this is the reason they didn't allow the new enamel colors to be used in the iron mongers (and distilleries). Although, I would think they would not be hard to implement into drop patterns as you could just use the same color drop patterns for similar enamels. Such as, pink would work as red, aqua as blue, lime as green, etc.
[/derail]
Besides swords and mugs, I believe they are mainly used to pretty things, like furniture.
Shortyjack of the Midnight Ocean
[Jan 8, 2008 9:50:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    silversleak [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

Hmm, I thought they did allow the new enamel colors on the mugs...
Stevensam -Cobalt Native, founder and host of The PoE is Right. Creator of Lime Day.
[Jan 8, 2008 1:43:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
Cephalopod
Developer

Yes, the enamel colors are allowed on mugs. And the reasoning behind not using them on swords has nothing to do with drop patterns, but rather some implementation details of the puzzle (much the same as bludgeons being restricted to only 16 of the paint colors)
[Jan 8, 2008 1:45:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Quitex

Yes, the enamel colors are allowed on mugs. And the reasoning behind not using them on swords has nothing to do with drop patterns, but rather some implementation details of the puzzle (much the same as bludgeons being restricted to only 16 of the paint colors)

Thanks for finally answer my question!!! :D
Quitex, everywhere, mainly Ice.
Monarch of Cows
Joly wrote: 
Someone asked why Quitex would do this as a rogue. All I can say is, well, he's QUITEX! No one knows what he will do next, ESPECIALLY Quitex.

[Jan 8, 2008 5:43:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CashCarStar

If *everyone* on your pillage has a yellow/yellow foil, you'll all be dropping the same pattern. If everyone has different colors/types of swords, different patterns will be dropped. This is only slightly more effective against brigands, but it is a significant advantage in a PvP situation.
Festrunk - Viridian
[Jan 9, 2008 12:22:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
gnidmas

4. conversely if you are poor at teaming you may want a sword of a common colour so the captain does not knowit was you who was solo the whole time.

One word- lol.
Gothmog1065 wrote: 
Edit: See?
Double: Look at me! I can edit my post!
Triple *giggles*
Bingo: Does this count as postcount++ since it's so much work?
Donkey: Can't stop me now!
Vegas: I must be butter, because I'm on a roll.

[Jan 9, 2008 3:58:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates