• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 42
Posts: 42   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 7265 times and has 41 replies Next Thread
thyren

Lime Day! January 16, 2008

January 2008

Ahoy Mateys!

Straight up from the shores of Cobalt comes Lime Day. Originated from Stevensam's initiated event on the Cobalt Ocean, I bring Lime Day to Midnight!

What is it; I hear you ask?
Lime Day is simply a day of fun and games. Players throughout the ocean are encouraged to make tournaments with a few limey items as prizes. Tournaments are open to anyone.

Shown below are a few examples of what "Cobaltians" have presented on the first Lime Day:

This thread is for anyone who plans on doing anything special for lime day! If you want to advertise a special event, lime day pillage, or just that you'll be posting tournaments throughout the day, post here so there can be a record of who is participating!

Since this is the first ever Lime Day for the Midnight Ocean with very little time to plan for January 2008 and PoE constraints; I myself am only able to commit approximately 50,000PoE towards tournaments throughout the day.
----------------------------------------
Jezzeka on the Cobalt Ocean
Captain of Lunar Eclipse

Jezzeka on the Crimson Ocean
Captain of Lunar Eclipse

Opique on the Viridian Ocean

[Jan 7, 2008 8:34:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Jezzeka [Link]  Go to top 
thyren

Re: Lime Day! January 16, 2008

Just to give you some sort of insight as to what prizes to expect in Lime Day tournaments; I have prepared a screenshot of my Pending Orders list found in-game.

I'd like to point out and thank all the stalls and shoppes that are shown on the list for having enough commodities for me to order my items. The owners and managers of the stalls and shoppes shown should feel very pleased that they have contributed to Lime Day January 2008!

There will of course be more items being ordered for a spectacular Lime Day!

Captain of Lunar Eclipse

Captain of Lunar Eclipse

[Jan 8, 2008 5:19:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Jezzeka [Link]  Go to top 
egc3729

what a great idea!!!!!!!!!!! I will definitly participate.. (not sure how yet tho)...

My first idea would be a lime outfit competition.. runway style..
what do you guys think?

P.S. We should pick our own colour for Midnight ;) (maybe next year)
EGC Capt of the Guppy Wackers!!

All art work provided by L&L avatars.

Addicted to clothes? Get some for cheap!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by egc3729 at Jan 8, 2008 5:40:49 AM]
[Jan 8, 2008 5:31:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Phour

Did you get Stevensam's permission to use his "event"? I'm personally against you doing this, but if you got his permission, then I suppose I wish you the best of luck.
Familiar on Cobalt
[Jan 8, 2008 5:33:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    lyndi6384 [Link]  Go to top 
thyren

Did you get Stevensam's permission to use his "event"? I'm personally against you doing this, but if you got his permission, then I suppose I wish you the best of luck.

Indeed I did receive his permission to start up Lime Day for the Midnight Ocean. You should not worry over such things, you should be back home in Cobalt Events, Be off with you! :P (Stevensam and I had a chat via these forums)

Stevensam said, :
"Lime day is all about having fun. I'd love to see it spread to the other oceans, but odviously I can't be involved on every ocean due to poe-contraints. I would have no problem seeing Midnight, or any other ocean for that matter, starting up Lime Day as well. (Just remember, the 16th day of every month.) Thank you for PM'ing me and good luck getting it going on Midnight ^_^"

what a great idea!!!!!!!!!!! I will definitly participate.. (not sure how yet tho)...

My first idea would be a lime outfit competition.. runway style..
what do you guys think?

P.S. We should pick our own colour for Midnight ;) (maybe next year)

In reply to Egc; it was not my original idea, it indeed came from Cobalt. Click here for more information regarding the Cobalt original.
Captain of Lunar Eclipse

Captain of Lunar Eclipse

[Jan 8, 2008 5:47:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Jezzeka [Link]  Go to top 
Phour

I was just asking a question and am allowed to give my opinion, even on Midnight forums. :)
Familiar on Cobalt
[Jan 8, 2008 6:20:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    lyndi6384 [Link]  Go to top 
thyren

I was just asking a question and am allowed to give my opinion, even on Midnight forums. :)

Of course you're allowed to share you opinion! Anyone is. smile
Captain of Lunar Eclipse

Captain of Lunar Eclipse

[Jan 8, 2008 6:38:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Jezzeka [Link]  Go to top 
Hazarath

Indeed I did receive his permission to start up Lime Day for the Midnight Ocean. You should not worry over such things, you should be back home in Cobalt Events, Be off with you! :P

If you're going to tell us to not post here, You should stop posting in the Cobalt forums.
Morbuzaan

I support PvP in sinking environments.

Cremate wrote: 
Cremate tells ye, "Anyway I have hockey to watch"

[Jan 8, 2008 6:45:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
egc3729

Why are we always so negative.. Positive poeple.. Think positive..
This is a great event. Let's have a converstation on how this could work on Midnight :)

** I realize that by posting this I add to the fire.. so let me re-direct your attention.

What do you guys think of a lime clothing contest?

[Jan 8, 2008 7:30:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
thyren

A Lime Clothing Contest can be discussed. Contact me in game. Unfortunately, no promises can be made.
Captain of Lunar Eclipse

Captain of Lunar Eclipse

[Jan 8, 2008 7:44:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Jezzeka [Link]  Go to top 
makingpoe

AzureBlue
PTG wrote: 
I always wondered what would happen if nobody got any questions right.
Sorry, kids, you're all too dumb. No prizes for anybody, and Carmen Sandiego's drinking pina coladas with Castro. Way to go, retards.

[Jan 8, 2008 2:59:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    AzureMourning [Link]  Go to top 
Shorty_Jack

I agree with the different color thing.
Shortyjack of the Midnight Ocean
[Jan 8, 2008 3:11:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    silversleak [Link]  Go to top 
thyren

I agree with the different color thing.

You mean we should have another colour other than Lime or ...... ?
Captain of Lunar Eclipse

Captain of Lunar Eclipse

[Jan 8, 2008 4:25:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Jezzeka [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

Yeah, she got my permission and I do suppose that if midnight decided doing a different color, that'd be just as cool ^_^
Stevensam -Cobalt Native, founder and host of The PoE is Right. Creator of Lime Day.
[Jan 8, 2008 5:30:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
quickslvr

can even choose a different day than the 16th lol :P
[Jan 8, 2008 9:51:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Grinfish

But but but EVERY DAY is LIME DAY!!!!!!!!!

...I can't believe everyone else has been behind the times for so long!

WW - unofficial booster of Lime clothing and paint sales on Midnight since April 2007.
Whitewyvern. Distinctly Limey.
Retired, No regrets.
Unretired, still No regrets.
Available in Cerulean and Obsidian flavours.

Briggs wrote: 
StuManchu puts the "sensual" back in "Nonconsensual"

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Grinfish at Jan 8, 2008 10:26:04 PM]
[Jan 8, 2008 10:25:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
thyren

Yeah, she got my permission and I do suppose that if midnight decided doing a different color, that'd be just as cool ^_^

Perhaps after this month's Lime Day, I can perform a vote and collect results to see which colour Midnight would like best. We can also take up a vote to select a different date too.
Captain of Lunar Eclipse

Captain of Lunar Eclipse

[Jan 8, 2008 11:05:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Jezzeka [Link]  Go to top 
KingofGreen

How about 'Green Day?'
A. It's in honour of my name and could double up as my special holiday for being... Me.
B. It's close enough to lime.
C. It's the name of a (crappy) band.
Greenking of the Midnight Ocean
Captain of the Stray Foxes
King of the flag Dawn of the Ash Fox

Collecting 'Sawfish' ships.

Cronus says, "I still want a /win button."
Cronus says, "Ooo or a /asplode"

[Jan 9, 2008 12:45:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jonathan165

It sounds absolutely delcious and ill def throw in some tournys but id love to see it on a saturday or sunday so i might actually be able to participate:p kkthxbai
What once was never will be.
Joker on the Viridian ocean..
Jokert on the Midnight ocean

Its JOKER + T PEOPLE GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEADS<3
[Jan 9, 2008 4:18:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
stormmutant

Jezzeka,

Go with lime, go with the 16th - yer awesome for doing this and bringing some fun to Midnight.

I will do a lime tourney on the 16th.

I will have a ship set up on a foraging island with game boards and we will forage for limes. LOL
(well gold would be a bonus) ;)
Stormmutant
[Jan 9, 2008 8:22:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
thyren

How about 'Green Day?'

LOL.

It sounds absolutely delcious and ill def throw in some tournys but id love to see it on a saturday or sunday so i might actually be able to participate:p kkthxbai

Well, feel free to join any of the tournaments or make a tournament.

Go with lime, go with the 16th - yer awesome for doing this and bringing some fun to Midnight.

I will do a lime tourney on the 16th.

I will have a ship set up on a foraging island with game boards and we will forage for limes. LOL
(well gold would be a bonus) ;)

Thank Ye!
And; a limey pillage would be awesome!

But just a note for anyone making tournaments; they should have no entry fee.

Captain of Lunar Eclipse

Captain of Lunar Eclipse

[Jan 9, 2008 10:55:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Jezzeka [Link]  Go to top 
egc3729

I also have a few things il'l put up in a tournament.. I also bought some lime bandana's il'l be passing around ;)

[Jan 10, 2008 5:26:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Grinfish

In protest at this horrendous compartmentalisation of the celebration of Lime, a colour which should be given respect all year round, not just for one solitary day of it, I shall be wearing anything BUT lime for the duration of 16th January, to express my disgust at this soundbite bandwagonism.

I shall also post a sequence of Tourneys, under the "LIME IS 4 LIFE" motto, with prizes being full outfits of various other colours, so others can join me in expressing their outrage.

You cannot squeeze lime into 24 hours. It's not just a colour, it's a marque of lifelong style and finesse.
Retired, No regrets.

Briggs wrote: 

[Jan 10, 2008 8:39:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
egc3729

In protest at this horrendous compartmentalisation of the celebration of Lime, a colour which should be given respect all year round, not just for one solitary day of it, I shall be wearing anything BUT lime for the duration of 16th January, to express my disgust at this soundbite bandwagonism.

I shall also post a sequence of Tourneys, under the "LIME IS 4 LIFE" motto, with prizes being full outfits of various other colours, so others can join me in expressing their outrage.

You cannot squeeze lime into 24 hours. It's not just a colour, it's a marque of lifelong style and finesse.

/em is not sure what to think of this! ;) lol

[Jan 10, 2008 1:02:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mari_

TicTac Revolution is so 2007....
Calamarie - now also in Obsidian flavour!
Dignity - Emerald

"Always remember... Rumours are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots."

The Shadow is in my very core ;)
[Jan 10, 2008 1:04:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wafflesauce

Erm...

Lime Day?

Well - I have a Lime and Blue sloop, so I suppose I need to participate somehow.

Unfortunately my weekend's already shot and it is a weeknight - But I'll come up with something I can fit into mt RL schedule - If only a Lime Tourney
HereBTrouble

SO of Merchants of Midnight

Princess of Merchant Marines

Saving the world - a pint at a time - Countdown to 100 started
[Jan 10, 2008 3:38:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
makingpoe

Phour, In a PM to me wrote: 

If you're gonna say something, say it out loud.

Just because Stevensam started this "Event" does not mean that someone doesn't have the right to do it elsewhere.

If you're against this because she didn't ask (Which was clarified that she did) then maybe you're also against Booty or no Booty , the PoE is right , and Extreme Pirate Makeover: Ship Edition

Maybe you should contact the Creators of the original game/reality shows and express your distaste.

Until then, go back to your ocean and leave us alone
AzureBlue
PTG wrote: 
I always wondered what would happen if nobody got any questions right.
Sorry, kids, you're all too dumb. No prizes for anybody, and Carmen Sandiego's drinking pina coladas with Castro. Way to go, retards.

[Jan 10, 2008 5:02:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    AzureMourning [Link]  Go to top 
thyren

I am most unsure of how to respond to the above post.

Anyway; just for fun, I though I'd show the readers of this thread what I've been carrying around with me:

Did you notice something common with all the items shown.
Captain of Lunar Eclipse

Captain of Lunar Eclipse

[Edit 1 times, last edit by thyren at Jan 11, 2008 6:32:00 AM]
[Jan 11, 2008 6:00:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Jezzeka [Link]  Go to top 
Grayside

Objects shown may not be actual size?

And WW, Limeday its monthly. Your indignation needs to be reduced by 11/365ths.
Firestone, Captain, Mad Tea Party, Cobalt
Gallant, PotD, Midnight

[Jan 11, 2008 11:20:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://grayside.org/ypp/mayhem    Tires.Pirate [Link]  Go to top 
Grinfish

I'm considering posting my response to the above display of items, but to get the full scroll list of clothing in would require a very strange-shaped monitor =)

And where's the Lime furniture? you're missing a trick there ;)

ed: That's still 27-30 days a month light of the ideal situation. Limetime is Funtime, All the time. =P
Retired, No regrets.

Briggs wrote: 

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Grinfish at Jan 11, 2008 11:44:24 PM]
[Jan 11, 2008 11:42:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 42   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates