• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 376
Posts: 376   Pages: 13   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 61870 times and has 375 replies Next Thread
Cephalopod
Developer

Releases 01/07 - 02/04

Another year, another release thread...
2008-02-04

• Add a button, instead of the link, to a user's pirate page if they have no portrait set and the portrait mission is available.
  • Fix bug booching some Atlantis sites.
  • More internal cleanup.

2008-02-01

• More internal restructuring of NPPs. Please report any strange behavior.

2008-01-29

• Clean up behavior of island news on island tab instead of having a scroll area embedded in a scroll area.
  • In boxing, let either mouse button be used. And show a right fist normally, or a left fist if mouse buttons are flipped.
  • Remove run-time need for JVMPI (specifically, this fixes a bug where the client would instantly close under certain vms, e.g. the "server" vm that gets used on some linux systems that are considered server-class by java)
  • When sinking in Atlantis, there's now a chance of having a starfish cling to you.
  • New potion available for manufacture at apothecaries to remove said starfish.
  • Show a message explaining to players why they don't qualify for a brigand king trinket if they don't.
  • New background for boxing.
  • If a user has the portrait mission available, show a link on their own pirate page to direct them there.
  • Remove clothing purchase prerequisite from the portrait mission.
  • Don't cache gallery data for as long; sometimes it would take several minutes for new portraits to show up in a player's gallery.
  • Fix bug causing periodic lag spikes on ice.
  • Fix bug that missed the first-time-greeter dialog when toggled to duty by joining a greeter pillage.
  • Fix bug that kept pvp records from being kept when they involved crewless ships.
  • Fix bug with scuttling brigand kings multiple times.
  • Various internal cleanup; in particular, NPPs have changed a bit under the hood, but should behave the same. Please report any broken NPP behavior.

2008-01-25

• Fix installer issues. To try the new installer, you'll need to uninstall and reinstall your copy of ice.

2008-01-15

• Re-enable unrated, unwagered matches between multiple clients on the same
    computer.
  • Update formatting of headers on various tabs under the sunshine panel.
  • Break labor report out to its own tab because of space issues.
  • Add missing translation for treasure haul portrait item.
  • Disable manufacture of firs and wreaths.
  • Minor adjustment to the blackjack's pattern.
  • Allow people to plank players from their homes while in a puzzle.
  • Fix an issue that could cause the sailing puzzle to get stuck between board changes. Please file bugs if you still see this happening.

2008-01-07

• Remove home island from ye tab to save space
  • New clothing for manufacture: chainmail
  • Minor tweaks to the mission page layout
  • Adjust color of santa hats to better match other attire
  • Disallow people on the same computer from challenging each other or joining parlor tables with each other
  • Adjust seeding in double-elimination tournaments to avoid repeat matches until as late as possible
  • New portrait item based on treasure haul experience
  • New portrait item to display trophies won by the player
  • Option on rumble to play "boxing" with only one launcher
  • Overhaul and rework aspects of the pirate info page
  • Disallow wrapping of snow furniture
  • Don't jump back to the start of the palace shoppe after purchasing something
  • Fix bug where players would sometimes get the brigand king swordfight background at parlor tables
  • Add buttons to the palace tab to conveniently access the shoppe and portrait room
  • Sort various lists of color options alphabetically
  • Remove pirates from the list signed up to fight skeletons/zombies when they disconnect
  • Reduce the amount of work needed before a bout of carpentry counts towards ratings
  • Various internal cleanup

----------------------------------------
[Edit 9 times, last edit by Bungleton at Feb 4, 2008 5:44:02 PM]
[Jan 7, 2008 3:55:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
InfamyScream

Re: Release 01/07

New portrait item to display trophies won by the player

I think I luv u
~Infamy~
I'm on your Ocean, Stealing your blockade jobs.

Av by Mavacagare
[Jan 7, 2008 4:33:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
YugiohRO

New clothing for manufacture: chainmail

Disallow people on the same computer from challenging each other or joining parlor tables with each other

New portrait item based on treasure haul experience

Option on rumble to play "boxing" with only one launcher

Don't jump back to the start of the palace shoppe after purchasing something

Remove pirates from the list signed up to fight skeletons/zombies when they disconnect

The best update IMO this year. be it the only one ... lol
Ninjacow--Viridian
"Piratemobile"CarAuction (Win a familiar)
[Jan 7, 2008 4:46:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://z15.invisionfree.com/O_Malleys_Crew/index.php? [Link]  Go to top 
Biliter01

So make haste with the goods mate, no client update for me as of yet.
Haywoodx on Viridian and Hunter

No Crew
No Flag
No Money
:P

The Shop Tool
[Jan 7, 2008 4:46:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cephalopod
Developer

Ah, the joys of ice; looks like things aren't getting stuck into proper places at the moment on a real ocean, so this item's just showing up as an empty scroll for now.
[Jan 7, 2008 4:50:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cephalopod
Developer

So make haste with the goods mate, no client update for me as of yet.

As the forum this is posted in implies, these are release notes for the ice ocean. I see you haven't logged in your ice pirate in half a year; you're not likely to get a update unless you're actually running an ice client.
[Jan 7, 2008 4:53:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
B_licker

• Disallow people on the same computer from challenging each other or joining parlor tables with each other

• Can you please change this to only rated challenges? I don't see a problem with having unrated, unwagered SF, rumble, drinking, or TD games between two clients on the same computer. Sometimes, it's useful to be able to do this, to learn more about a puzzle or for an event like a raffle.
    [Jan 7, 2008 4:54:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    davsbrander

• Can you please change this to only rated challenges? I don't see a problem with having unrated, unwagered SF, rumble, drinking, or TD games between two clients on the same computer. Sometimes, it's useful to be able to do this, to learn more about a puzzle or for an event like a raffle.

QFT... I like being able too see what attacks I send in SF sometimes, helps my game and all that...
    Davsbrander
    [Jan 7, 2008 4:56:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Cephalopod
    Developer

Ah, the joys of ice; looks like things aren't getting stuck into proper places at the moment on a real ocean, so this item's just showing up as an empty scroll for now.

And Arcturus has properly applied a two-by-four to the side of the portrait painters' heads, so you can get these now.
    [Jan 7, 2008 5:16:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    damagon

I can't believe I have missed this for 6 days. It's been a while since an update has gotten me so excited.

One of the best updates evah!
    Damagon
    [Jan 7, 2008 5:26:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Varthlokkur

As long as it omits wagered as well as rated, I could see that.
    Vistr of Innocent, of Crimson Tide
    - Midnight, the grudge-holding ocean
    [Jan 7, 2008 5:38:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    craigld [Link]  Go to top 
    damagon

And the code is already there, well kinda, teachers won't let you have a rated and/or wagered challenge.
    Damagon
    [Jan 7, 2008 5:48:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    B_licker

Well, 1-on-1 matches can be unrated and wagered and there would still be no harm done. Group matches need to be both unrated and unwagered to be allowed.
    [Jan 7, 2008 6:27:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Patetch

Nice update, but I must admit the most exciting thing is:

Sort various lists of color options alphabetically

Pletoo of Sage
    [Jan 7, 2008 6:59:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    sweetnessc

Remove home island from ye tab to save space

Will there be another way to determine this without whisking home? Sometimes I need to check where Im currently homed before going, because I don't have a whisk potion available if it's in the wrong place.

Disallow people on the same computer from challenging each other or joining parlor tables with each other

Could you please still allow unrated self-challenges? It really is one of the best ways to learn how to play and how attacks translate to your enemy.

I would very much appreciate if there some way to add an option to the card games as well - it's asking a lot of patience of strangers to have them sit through explanations of how you play the game while teaching someone, as well as possibly bordering on cheating when done during a 'real' game. Maybe a "practice" game checkbox for an unrated, unwagered game?

Remove pirates from the list signed up to fight skeletons/zombies when they disconnect

Yay!
    My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. ~ Jack Layton

Sublime is shame.
    [Jan 7, 2008 7:07:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Barrister

The shape of the trophy affects the shadow on the ground.

Compare:

It's more noticeable if you open the pages in two browser tabs and flip back and forth.
    http://ice.puzzlepirates.com/yoweb/gallery/portrait.wm?pirate=Shyster&itemid=462674
    http://ice.puzzlepirates.com/yoweb/gallery/portrait.wm?pirate=Shyster&itemid=462675
    Barrister
    - YPPedia Administrator
    - Looterati
    [Jan 7, 2008 7:11:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    damagon

It's more noticeable if you open the pages in two browser tabs and flip back and forth

Z0mG1! /E mAID AniM4TIONz!11!!
    Damagon
    [Edit 1 times, last edit by damagon at Jan 7, 2008 7:24:36 PM]
    [Jan 7, 2008 7:14:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Biliter01

In refernce to my previous post, my client was screwed and wouldnt load at all, I reinstalled and its ship shape.

In other news, since I'm not an officer or manager of a stall on Ice but I am now updating the shop tool, would someone mind posting or emailing me the recipe for the new chain mail clothing items so that I may roll out an update?

No Crew
    No Flag
    No Money

The Shop Tool
    [Jan 7, 2008 7:17:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Cephalopod
    Developer

The shape of the trophy affects the shadow on the ground.

It doesn't, actually; IIRC, there are a couple different shadows that are used essentially at random.

But aye, it leaps out when you're sitting around actively flipping between several nearly identical portraits. "Better like this? Or this? Or..." /me having flashbacks to his last eye exam.
    [Jan 7, 2008 7:21:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    imwamphyr

Will there be another way to determine this without whisking home? Sometimes I need to check where Im currently homed before going, because I don't have a whisk potion available if it's in the wrong place.

Some of these buttons are rather ugly looking, IMO, at the moment. However, the answer is yes. Instead of an "info" button on the Ye tab, and instead of your name being a link, your avatar is now smaller and the avatar and name are on a button which functions as a link to both your pirate info page and the old job/furniture/labor/etc info button. So, if you click that button and show your pirate info page, it still says your home. Mine on ice still says Commander in the Eieio navy, for example, because my home is on Eieio.
    Selling my Grunion Collection!
    174 ships, 164 sloops, ALL GRUNIONS!
    [Jan 7, 2008 7:49:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Pirate Muroni [Link]  Go to top 
    imwamphyr

Recipes as they currently stand now are in that screen shot, except it cuts labor off. Labor is 10/20/15 on each male and female.

Disclaimer: Please keep in mind that often times recipes may be changed from what they were on ICE before release on production oceans.
    Selling my Grunion Collection!
    174 ships, 164 sloops, ALL GRUNIONS!
    [Edit 1 times, last edit by imwamphyr at Jan 7, 2008 8:09:52 PM]
    [Jan 7, 2008 7:57:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Pirate Muroni [Link]  Go to top 
    Patetch

OK now that I have actually gone to Ice to see the updates...

Overhaul and rework aspects of the pirate info page

Well, first impressions - that blue button is VERY noticeable - I wouldn't mind seeing the color toned down a tad. I'm not sure why the home island was removed - I found it pretty handy for my alts because I can't remember where they live. It is still on the pirate page so I can deal with it. Though it doesn't look like the big blue button is taking up any more room than the way it was before, the empty space will just take getting used to.

I do like having the info tab combined into the pirate page, my only request would be that there would be one more tab for vessels (name, type, port, lock status would be great, cargo onboard would be awesome.)

Reduce the amount of work needed before a bout of carpentry counts towards ratings
    What does this mean exactly? As a carper I would hate to see it become even more unforgiving, but if it means that the hammer gets moving a little quicker I am all for it.
    Pletoo of Sage
    [Edit 1 times, last edit by Patetch at Jan 7, 2008 8:05:42 PM]
    [Jan 7, 2008 8:00:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    damagon

This is an ugly button.

Plz ch4nge. Kthnxbai.
    Damagon
    [Jan 7, 2008 8:16:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Biliter01

Thank you for the recipes, mainly I was looking for the information so I could prepare the sheet for the item, the actual recipes are easily changed. I'm not sure anyone on Ice even uses the The Shop Tool.

No Crew
    No Flag
    No Money

The Shop Tool
    [Jan 7, 2008 8:45:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    davsbrander

This is an ugly button.

Plz ch4nge. Kthnxbai.

aye very ugly, make pretty plox...

Also the recipys for the chain mail, maybe more iron couple units less cloth... would seem more realistic to me... then again to keep prices up need quite a bit of cloth, so maybe just more iron
    Davsbrander
    [Jan 7, 2008 9:17:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Fellsloop

I think you forgot to add the "Pending Orders" Tab. I also noticed the text under the "Skills Column is slightly off. Under Jobs box it only displays how much you get paid for Basic Labor it does not show your pay for Skilled or Expert.

I hope everyone had wonderful holidays...
    [Edit 1 times, last edit by Fellsloop at Jan 7, 2008 9:43:02 PM]
    [Jan 7, 2008 9:33:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    tilinka

Pending orders are under the items tab.

Adding me dislike of the giant blue button. Something more subtle would be greatly appreciated.

And, well, I hate to say it, but I'm not finding the trophy portrait items very appealing. I suppose they'd be more entertaining on group portraits - on solo ones, eh.

Chainmail is very shiny. <3 Magenta plz?
    Tilinka, Emerald
    Perilous Puppet
    Artsy Stuff
    [Jan 7, 2008 10:03:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.perilouspuppets.com    Tilinka    3569427 [Link]  Go to top 
    Silverfur

Also the recipys for the chain mail, maybe more iron couple units less cloth... would seem more realistic to me... then again to keep prices up need quite a bit of cloth, so maybe just more iron

The cloth could also be figuring in the padding and shirt often worn underneath the chainmail. A tunic would be worn over the chainmail.
    [Jan 7, 2008 11:46:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    bronzebeard

I don't see any new puzzles on that list. Grrr...
    Also, I agree about the ugliness o' the blue button.
    Peglegpaul
    [Jan 8, 2008 1:35:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    davsbrander

The cloth could also be figuring in the padding and shirt often worn underneath the chainmail. A tunic would be worn over the chainmail.

good point well made, more iron plz kkthnxbai
    Davsbrander
    [Jan 8, 2008 3:58:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Posts: 376   Pages: 13   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
    [Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2014 Three Rings Design, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates