• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 35
Posts: 35   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4601 times and has 34 replies Next Thread
kuibbles

Suggestion: B.Nav Auto_Reply Reply to this Post

So... right now when someone sends you a tell and you're in a puzzle, they get a reponse stating that they're working on a puzzle, be it drinking, swordfighting, bilging, sailing, carp or guns... but why, oh WHY do they NOT get a message when someone is Battle Navving exclusively?

Please add an auto-reply to tellers for the battle navver.

~Kuibbles
----------------------------------------
"Fall seven times, stand up eight." - Unknown

"Be honorable yourself if you wish to associate with honorable people." - Unknown
[Edit 1 times, last edit by kuibbles at Jun 11, 2004 6:33:18 AM]
[Jun 11, 2004 6:33:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gotagota

Re: Suggestion: B.Nav Auto_Reply Reply to this Post

Possibly because you have thirty-five seconds to both type out your reply and place your moves?

That's not nearly enough for me, being a slow typist and a slow battlenavver, but I hear you're pretty quick, Kuibbles....

Fronsac,
offerin' an answer and not a suggestion
Fronsac, human.
Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to
add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
-Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

[Jun 11, 2004 6:47:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
HeyStine

no thanks Reply to this Post

Unlike the other puzzles, battle nav allows you to communicate without having to hit 'esc' or anything...as is generally quite necessary or at least helpful. Please don't give me yet another thing to worry about during battle besides token placement, gun use, and directing crew as needed.

(eg: the turn token I need pops up just before the timer runs out for the round, I go to place it and miss because I forgot to hit escape to go back to the nav puzzle from sending more crew to the sails via chat...mucho damage ensues because I didn't get out of the way...

It happens enough in swordbattle command as it is
[Jun 11, 2004 6:51:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    HeyyStine [Link]  Go to top 
kuibbles

Funny how when someone is *drinking* they get auto-replies though, eh Fronsac?

Ah well.

And to Heystone, I'm ask for an auto-reply. So they you don't have to type anything in response to a tell. Because *I* feel bad when I'm battle navving, someone sends me a tell, they don't know I'm battle navving and because I'm doing all the things you mentioned above, I can't respond. Then I get more tells wondering why I'm not responding, whether I'm ignoring the person and so forth. But ah well.

~Kuibbles

"Be honorable yourself if you wish to associate with honorable people." - Unknown
[Jun 11, 2004 6:57:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Whitefire

YES! GIVE ME!

Erm, I mean this would be very helpful. I've had more than one person send me tells up to wazzoo while I b-nav. Although /afk works, its a pain to turn it on and off for every battle. Just a little message saying, "Pirate is busy Navigating and may not be able to respoond." would be awesome =).
[Jun 11, 2004 8:14:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ashebrethafe

Whitefire wrote: 
YES! GIVE ME!

Erm, I mean this would be very helpful. I've had more than one person send me tells up to wazzoo while I b-nav. Although /afk works, its a pain to turn it on and off for every battle. Just a little message saying, "Pirate is busy Navigating and may not be able to respoond." would be awesome =).

Shouldn't it say Sea Battle to distinguish it from the Nav puzzle they were doing before the battle?
[Jun 11, 2004 8:19:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Male Guest

Ashebrethafe wrote: 
Whitefire wrote: 
YES! GIVE ME!

Shouldn't it say Sea Battle to distinguish it from the Nav puzzle they were doing before the battle?

Does it really matter if they know exactly what I'm doing at every moment? We don't need to aid the stalkers even more. And if it were to say it was battle nav then you'd get those extra messages like you do in swordfights wishing you luck.
[Jun 11, 2004 8:25:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post   [Link]  Go to top 
HeyStine

OK, I'd rather not feel rude either. I was just pointing out (and not very well, I admit) that the auto-response seems connected to the puzzles that don't allow chat and puzzling simultaneously and if it were a choice between an auto-reply and freedom from the escape key, I wouldn't want the auto-reply.

And maybe I just don't have enough friends to make it a frequent problem ;)
[Jun 11, 2004 8:36:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    HeyyStine [Link]  Go to top 
Lizzie

You could make it a super funny message like "Greasy doesn't want to talk to you right now, so shush up!"

I'd giggle..
Ravine
Black Death, Midnight

[Jun 11, 2004 8:38:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rubby

/afk Battle Navving, jerko!

Kuibbles Win!

/back
[Jun 11, 2004 8:41:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Whitefire

HeyStine wrote: 
that the auto-response seems connected to the puzzles that don't allow chat and puzzling simultaneously

Kuibbles wrote: 
Funny how when someone is *drinking* they get auto-replies though

[Jun 11, 2004 8:53:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kuibbles

Just as a clarificaton, in no way did I mean me response to be sarcastic, or insulting. I should've really re-phrased it a bit. Me apologies to ye Heystine if it came across that way.

I suppose it's a preference. Because of the drinking game, I think that there is the option availible where you can chat, puzzle and have the auto-reply and not have to hit escape to do the chatting. This be what I'd like.

If someone is stalkin' you, well, you know they're stalkin' ya and you can mute or complain about them. The purpose of the auto-replies now are just to let the teller know that you are in mid-puzzle and might not be able to respond at the moment. That's all I'm askin' fer.

~Kuibbles

[Jun 11, 2004 9:30:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
quikbot

oh reply i tought you said replay, now that would be cool! slow motion replays for a nice blast ram grapple combo!
Checkmate - Captain (playing again!)
The Thieves Guild
http://botlove.com
[Jun 11, 2004 9:50:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.BOTLOVE.com [Link]  Go to top 
Gotagota

For the record I'm for the auto-response while battlenavving too.
Fronsac, human.
Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to
add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
-Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

[Jun 11, 2004 10:25:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
adramolek

quikbot wrote: 
oh reply i tought you said replay, now that would be cool! slow motion replays for a nice blast ram grapple combo!

Slow motion battle nav is already implemented. Problem is, every time it becomes enabled, they reboot the server to turn it off again. ;P

I second/third/fourth the battle nav autoresponse. Mostly for two reasons: 1) consistency with every other puzzle in the game, 2) it's presence hurts nobody.
The List: Where good suggestions go when they die.
More swords now thx.
CLICKY -> CLICK HERE TO CLAIM YOUR 100000 POE PRIZE! <- CLICKY
[Jun 11, 2004 6:17:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
54x

Actually, in addition to adding this autoreply for battle nav, (seems only fair if drinking gets one) perhaps you should have:

"puzzling" and "busy" show up on your /who. "Puzzling" would be for whenever you'd recieve an autoreply if you told them something, and "busy" would be if they've got any of the overlay screens up (ie. they're managing a shoppe, writing ship news, ordering something, founding a crew, etc...)
Diamondblade, Cartographer, Crimson Tide.
from Midnight.
Dear sir or madam can you read my book, it took me years to write, will you take a look?
[Jun 11, 2004 9:04:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
FireMonkey

I like the puzzling idea, but not the busy one. Quite a lot of the time I look at things like that when bored, not because im actually busy. And id be surprised if I was the only one.
[Jun 11, 2004 9:08:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
54x

I highly doubt you would be. It wouldn't be a foolproof indicator. Maybe if it only worked if you were managing a store, ordering from one, or writing/viewing news?
from Midnight.
Dear sir or madam can you read my book, it took me years to write, will you take a look?
[Jun 11, 2004 9:22:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
Lizzie

None of those things you said need to be done *RIGHT NOW* like the puzzles, so I wouldn't be so keen to put auto indicators on them.
Ravine
Black Death, Midnight

[Jun 11, 2004 10:02:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
54x

None of those things you said need to be done *RIGHT NOW* like the puzzles, so I wouldn't be so keen to put auto indicators on them.

Well, the idea would be that you'd know they were distracted, (like with the puzzles) and not to stop you from talking to them. Also, the "busy" indicator would deliberately be there to tell you that they may either be really engrossed in what they're doing, or be completely free for chat, and to understand if they don't reply. (which is how those screens usually work with me)

I wanted those indicators to also show up on /who, because then I know if I'm interrupting anything BEFORE I send off a tell, which can often mean I don't impose on people unnessecarily and feel bad about it, or send them stupid messages asking them to do something when they're already busy, or even asking them if they're busy, and then seeing the auto-tell, then saying obviously they are because I haven't gotten a reply, AND THEN being told that in fact they aren't busy quite politely, but leaving me feeling like a complete dork.
from Midnight.
[Jun 11, 2004 10:11:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
adramolek

54x wrote: 
Actually, in addition to adding this autoreply for battle nav, (seems only fair if drinking gets one) perhaps you should have:

"puzzling" and "busy" show up on your /who. "Puzzling" would be for whenever you'd recieve an autoreply if you told them something, and "busy" would be if they've got any of the overlay screens up (ie. they're managing a shoppe, writing ship news, ordering something, founding a crew, etc...)

I think that "afk" would be more useful than "busy". Shown (with your afk message) while you have an /afk message up.
The List: Where good suggestions go when they die.
More swords now thx.
CLICKY -> CLICK HERE TO CLAIM YOUR 100000 POE PRIZE! <- CLICKY
[Jun 11, 2004 11:28:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Deceptive

Well, I have to bump this. Faulky locked my thread and pointed me here. So here goes my almost 5 year bump.

It doesnt take everyone only 5 seconds to decide moves, some it takes the whole time, or the are way to busy paying attention to it. If they have it for poker, why not b-nav? B-nav takes much more concentration. And im sorry again for this huge bump, Faulky made me.
I honestly don't care anymore.
[Apr 28, 2009 7:43:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Parrrdner

/afk I am battle navigating and may be too busy to respond.
Pardner; Riot Forever
[but not around :/ these days ]
[Apr 28, 2009 7:53:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Deceptive

/afk I am battle navigating and may be too busy to respond.

We could do that for every other puzzle in the game also. Question is: Why should battle navigation not be on that list?
[Apr 28, 2009 8:50:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cephalopod
Developer

If they have it for poker, why not b-nav?

Because a poker player has an associated GameConfig, while someone holding a vessel's helm doesn't (unless they're in some other sort of GameManager derived thing at the same time).
[Apr 28, 2009 1:52:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Deceptive

Because a poker player has an associated GameConfig, while someone holding a vessel's helm doesn't (unless they're in some other sort of GameManager derived thing at the same time).

But would it be too hard to code it into the game? Im not that smart with programing or coding or anything you just said really, but wouldnt it be somewhat simple to code into the game?
[Apr 28, 2009 2:34:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BehindCurtai

Oh, yea, get technical on us why don't you. :-)
"We're trying to find the error bars on that number"

Dylan wrote: 
Why buy sham poo when real poo is so readily available

[Apr 29, 2009 3:09:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://StrictConstitution.BlogSpot.Com [Link]  Go to top 
Roleni

Cephalopod is holding a vessel's helm and does not have an associated GameConfig so may be too busy to respond.

:D
Thalatta & others

Hera tells ye, "You got me so flustered by the spanking, I booched my chat response!"
Hera tells ye, "Purple is the most awesome colour ever!"
[Apr 29, 2009 11:34:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ShoyuLite

Cephalopod is holding a vessel's helm and does not have an associated GameConfig so may be too busy to respond.

:D

Heartily endorse ;)
Soulchild on Malachite + Viridian = Meridian

Seriously, unicorns and dragons? How's a pirate monkey going to compete with the Wizarding World of Puzzle Pirates Mages?
[Apr 30, 2009 3:05:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Terrify

Endorsed.
Terrify, Hunter Ocean.

[Apr 30, 2009 3:28:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 35   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates