• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Thread Type: Sticky Thread
Total posts in this thread: 197
Posts: 197   Pages: 7   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 55315 times and has 196 replies Next Thread
Hypnos
OceanMaster

Blog questions and topic suggestions Reply to this Post

Please post questions or topics here that you would like to see answered/covered in the weekly blog entries! Each week, at least one OM will be going through the questions and topics posted to write up an entry.

If you have a question or an issue that you would rather be anonymous about, please PM me instead so that your name will not show up in the entry.
----------------------------------------
face down in the soup again - Avatar by Sharktail of Sage
Cnuofesd of Viridian wrote: 
I regually snort porridge oats up my nose too.

[Edit 3 times, last edit by Artemis at Dec 28, 2007 9:19:45 AM]
[Dec 26, 2007 11:54:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Serpentiator

Re: Blog questions and topic suggestions Reply to this Post

What I'd really want is, because I VERY often delete all my cookes, and I dislike using a favorites list (don't ask me why!), a link to the blog, at the start of either of your threads Hyppie!:)

EDIT: Thanks a bunch for the link hypnos!:D
- Archonis
Damagon said:

There is nothing sweeter than making fun of those who PNT by mistake.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Serpentiator at Dec 28, 2007 6:32:59 AM]
[Dec 27, 2007 3:00:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jdnx429

I'd like to know more about the status of the oceans. Is there a new ocean coming? Is it going to be a green one (probably)? Is it going to be an English ocean? Or Japanese? Are the subscription oceans really on the decline or is that just the way it appears? Is there serious thought to merging the blue ones or just fanciful ideas?
Josephdaniel on Midnight.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by jdnx429 at Dec 28, 2007 12:28:30 PM]
[Dec 27, 2007 4:41:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
seb_long_uk

*pokes Hypnos*

Could have just stickied my thread... and your link is broken in the OP.

:D
Domokun
Avatar by the incredible Tilinka
[Dec 28, 2007 5:06:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    My other sloop is a Gold/Gold rename [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

Maybe this is slightly perverse, but I'm curious about what's involved work-wise in the disciplinary process.

I'm also curious about some of the broader governing principles behind game design - is there something specific that OOO is trying to achieve with the economy, pillaging, etc.?
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. ~ Jack Layton

Sublime is shame.
[Dec 28, 2007 10:25:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bia
OceanMaster

Maybe this is slightly perverse, but I'm curious about what's involved work-wise in the disciplinary process.

How do you mean? It does seem like a fascinating topic to address, but I am not quite sure what you are asking about.
[Dec 29, 2007 5:59:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Quitex

How do you mean? It does seem like a fascinating topic to address, but I am not quite sure what you are asking about.

email to banpleading@puzzlepirates.com (check?)
I HAS BEEN BANNZORZED I DEEDNT WAN'D 2 DO EET JUS STEEL A FAMILYR FRUM A PLEYAR PLZ UNBANOZORS ME TNK U LOTZ!!!

then someone comes and...?
Quitex, everywhere, mainly Ice.
Monarch of Cows
Joly wrote: 
Someone asked why Quitex would do this as a rogue. All I can say is, well, he's QUITEX! No one knows what he will do next, ESPECIALLY Quitex.

[Dec 29, 2007 10:37:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

Hmmm something like peeking over your shoulder for what you might do, how you look into a complaint, what kind of tools are available, if there's some kind of 'hey guys what's your take on this' discussion time for the fuzzier areas, that kind of thing perhaps? I'm also a bit curious about what kinds of things people complain about - perhaps a rough sense of the 'crime stats' for our wee watery world, if you will - and the kinds of resolutions there might be?
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. ~ Jack Layton

Sublime is shame.
[Dec 29, 2007 11:05:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
yaypuzzlez

Who would win in a fight: pirates or ninjas?

Hmmm this make me wonder... Will Three Ring make some kind of an event or a new game related to the new question?

Pirate VS Ninja will surely be a good topic to talk about. Hehe.
I am Capberry | Rumbleboy.

Retired.
[Jan 2, 2008 6:36:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Piplicus_BNO

What's been the most interesting piece of correspondence from a player you've read?

Have you ever played any office jokes on Cleaver (or any other staff, for that matter), like barricading the secret door shut?

What Pip tried to do was something totally unprecedent. He, in some strange way, used Midnight as a test server, without him even knowing. [Crap, it sucks I was not online when he did that :'(... pfft, anyways]

Like a bad penny.
[Jan 3, 2008 3:40:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com    Intermission #3 - click here! [Link]  Go to top 
Shikyo

Unless my co-workers were talented survivalists with great personalities, I think I'd prefer to go solo. Reply to this Post

If (insert respondee HERE) were stuck on a deserted island and could pick one...but only one...of your co-workers to be stuck with you, who would you pick and why?
Cassis, Sage
Evil Mastermind

A quick wit's best accompanied by quick reflexes.
Save Scrappeh!
[Jan 6, 2008 2:33:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Indeed

Re: Unless my co-workers were talented survivalists with great personalities, I think I'd prefer to go solo. Reply to this Post

If (insert respondee HERE) were stuck on a deserted island and could pick one...but only one...of your co-workers to be stuck with you, who would you pick and why?

Obviously the one with the most nutritional content.
Dmentia says, "It thrills me when Indeed is mean."
SomeIdiot tells you, "I am muting you, because you're unnormal, maybe you're hurt in real life"
Quoth Rubby, "There's something wrong with your brain."

[Jan 7, 2008 4:38:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.goonbunnies.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
firechic0

Re: Unless my co-workers were talented survivalists with great personalities, I think I'd prefer to go solo. Reply to this Post

Or, the one with the most snacks tucked away in the ears of bunny slippers and inside a sleeping cap! o_O
Crazy MaryJo- Viridian~proud Mama of a little pirate!biggrinBorn:11/21/08
Shorty Jack wrote: 
Just because you started the thread doesn't mean everyone is talking to you. tongue

[Jan 8, 2008 2:46:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kavlin

I've been wondering about the Titans. How are they progressing, or has the idea been scrubbed, that sort of thing.
Kavlin S. Teer
SO and Surgeon of Stark Raving Mad
White Lord of that demented flag Dark Asylum
Cobalt

Blessed are the cracked
For they let in the light!
2 Baby Kavs!! God help you all!! err.. us....
[Jan 9, 2008 6:29:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Kavteer [Link]  Go to top 
Serpentiator

Generally -- some kind of "To-do-list" from the Ringers.

Kinda like this:

"We're currently working on implementing chain-mail and other cool stuff to the game!"
- Archonis
Damagon said:

There is nothing sweeter than making fun of those who PNT by mistake.

[Jan 9, 2008 10:39:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

Er, not quite. I believe from a comment made in the blog (I think that's where it was) that the Titan is on hold due to the reactions to BK cades. And something sea monsterish and new is in the works, I believe, with little to no evidence.

Sublime is shame.
[Jan 9, 2008 6:23:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
actreal

I would like some commentary in the blog on the policy for the release of new islands, particularly on Hunter Ocean.

None of the oceans has had a new island since May last year and rumour has it that the next island will be released for all oceans (presumably except Midnight) in a similar event to last time.

So my questions:

Is Hunter being kept deliberately uncolonised compared to the other oceans? If so, why?

The other oceans had many more islands colonised at this stage in their history.

For example, Hunter is now 21 months old and has 12 colonised islands in 3 archipelagoes. Sage had over 20 islands open in 7 archipelagoes when it was 21 months old.
Donall of Hunter

[Jan 9, 2008 9:45:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pianoman1125

What was the coolest gift you or any of the OM's have ever received from a player?

What is your most fascinating and memorable (good or bad) interaction with a player or group of players in-game?

In the office, do you call your fellow OM's by their real names, Greek God designations, or some cornucopia of the two resulting in really cute nicknames?

How do you sleep at night with the knowledge of how many bunnies have died just to keep your feet warm?

~The Maestro
Muffynz
A Cartographer

Member of Crimson Tide
YPPedia Admin
Not-so-secretly conducting the oceans since 2003.
[Jan 10, 2008 10:26:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Pianoman1125    Your average cupcake is just not as tasty. [Link]  Go to top 
Fiddler

Do you, or any of the other OMs, use the Forum mute Greasemonkey script?
Orsino, Viridian ocean
Forum-mute: your best friend
Whitewyvern wrote: 
The only high end goals are those you set for yourself. What happens to anyone else is irrelevant.

[Jan 11, 2008 11:49:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Avatar by Stimmhorn [Link]  Go to top 
Kandle44

Has any thought gone into making a chest that will hold both POE and Doubloons? I'm one of those people who can't save money unless it's locked away out of sight. (ooo Shiny! I must have now!) I've only been able to save by steadily adding poe to a chest in a shack on an island far far away from the shopping. It would help a ton to have a chest that could hold doubs too. Converting them just makes you lose so much currency, it's not fair to tax your savings.
~ Kandle

Viridian Ocean

SO of the Unscrupulous Rumrunners
*~*Lady of the Riddlemaker's Flag*~*
[Jan 11, 2008 12:04:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
firechic0

Has any thought gone into making a chest that will hold both POE and Doubloons? I'm one of those people who can't save money unless it's locked away out of sight. (ooo Shiny! I must have now!) I've only been able to save by steadily adding poe to a chest in a shack on an island far far away from the shopping. It would help a ton to have a chest that could hold doubs too. Converting them just makes you lose so much currency, it's not fair to tax your savings.
QFT!!!
I currently have poe stashed in several houses and a couple ships. I've gone so far as to buy stock on ships and just store it there so that if I really need the poe later I can sell that stock.

I definitely wish for an answer to the "doubloon chest" question though! :)
Crazy MaryJo- Viridian~proud Mama of a little pirate!biggrinBorn:11/21/08
Shorty Jack wrote: 
Just because you started the thread doesn't mean everyone is talking to you. tongue

[Jan 11, 2008 1:28:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
seb_long_uk

I definitely wish for an answer to the "doubloon chest" question though! :)

The Doubloon chest idea (I think) has been anti listed, as doubs represent real money, and therefore room mate theft would be deemed more serious. I can't find it on the anti list, so this is coming straight from memory.
Domokun
[Jan 11, 2008 2:12:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    My other sloop is a Gold/Gold rename [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

Since doubloons are directly exchangeable for PoE and vice versa, they are identical in nature except for one exception - the original fountain for one is time, and the original fountain for the other is cash. But once they're bought and in-game, they are of exactly the same nature - pixelated representations of stuff you're allowed to play with.

Sublime is shame.
[Jan 11, 2008 3:02:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
seb_long_uk

Found it.

One of many suggestion threads

Rhodin's link
Domokun
[Jan 11, 2008 3:14:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    My other sloop is a Gold/Gold rename [Link]  Go to top 
Shikyo

Personally, I'd like a pet collar so I could foist Yorick risk-free. (Mostly so I could get rid of surplus skulls in the process. Genius!) Reply to this Post

On that note, seeing how many questions seem to center around the basic theme of "What's up with (insert possible new release HERE)?", it might just be simpler to force Cephythingy to do a bi-monthly developer blog entry or something. "Stuff we're working on!"

I'm not sure how much he (or whoever takes this up) would be able to talk about, all things considered, but the demand seems to be here.
Cassis, Sage
Evil Mastermind

A quick wit's best accompanied by quick reflexes.
Save Scrappeh!
[Jan 11, 2008 6:37:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
seb_long_uk

Eh? Reply to this Post

On that note, seeing how many questions seem to center around the basic theme of "What's up with (insert possible new release HERE)?", it might just be simpler to force Cephythingy to do a bi-monthly developer blog entry or something. "Stuff we're working on!"

I'm not sure how much he (or whoever takes this up) would be able to talk about, all things considered, but the demand seems to be here.

Heartily endorse to a previously unseen level of endorsement.
Domokun
[Jan 12, 2008 2:55:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    My other sloop is a Gold/Gold rename [Link]  Go to top 
Marelain

<Cassis's Post Title> QFT Reply to this Post

Do you OMs ever petition each other under alt disguise?

Also... Do any of the Ringers have funny accents?

~Carsomyr, avoiding 'six' and 'deck' like the plague.
--- no longer Carsomyr ---
[Jan 12, 2008 3:05:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
AhoyLindsay

Re: <Cassis's Post Title> QFT Reply to this Post

What is your favorite island and why?

What has been your favorite player-run event?
Castawayjoe of the Midnight Ocean.
To err is human, but to arr is pirate.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Catharsis on Cobalt and Malachite.
[Jan 13, 2008 10:23:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Apollo
OceanMaster

Oh dear. I'm going to have to write another one. ;)
[Jan 13, 2008 11:07:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
meeper50

Is the Cake a lie?

But really, Hunts on new Releases?

(Poor Apollo.)

da_ripper says "And they also deleted my marijuana price thread that was required for educational purposes."

[Jan 13, 2008 12:10:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 197   Pages: 7   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2014 Three Rings Design, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates