• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 2
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 662 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
muffy

Market pay Reply to this Post

I see no reason for the vast majority of players to ever take market jobs on uncolonized islands. Since their pay is essentially stuck on the island until/unless they can persuade an officer of a crew to take them to the island and back home again, during which time they have a good chance of losing that pay to pillage anyway, why would they ever choose to do it?
----------------------------------------
[Jul 15, 2003 7:29:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
stevoid

Re: Market pay Reply to this Post

Unless you trade of course - I'm quite happy to trade someone money on a market island and bury it, then give it back to them on Alpha, Turtle or Guava....saves me carrying extra money around, or being short when there's a fantastic find ;-)

But I think that the vast majority of players would prefer their wages to go into their home bank account instead; I have found people saying they've been waiting for ages for a player ship to go to Winter Solstice or Papaya so that they could get their pillaging gains home! If anyone's stuck like that, send any of my alts a /tell and I'll sort it for you as quick as I can.
[Jul 15, 2003 9:10:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates