• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 69
Posts: 69   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 12330 times and has 68 replies Next Thread
Stephensam

Lime Day! January 16, 2008

January 2008

This thread is for anyone who plans on doing anything special for lime day! If you want to advertise a special event, lime day pillage, or just that you'll be posting tournaments throughout the day, post here so there can be a record of who is participating!

For starters, I will announce that I will be committing no less than 250,000 PoE to tournaments throughout the day, along with a few trinkets and other fun goodies!

LIME DAY!

----------------------------------------
Stevensam -Cobalt Native, founder and host of The PoE is Right. Creator of Lime Day.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Stephensam at Dec 17, 2007 7:35:05 PM]
[Dec 17, 2007 7:30:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

Re: Lime Day! January 16, 2008

I hope next month's Lime Day is as much fun as this months. :-)

My only suggestion is maybe it would be better to make Lime Day the second sunday of the month, rather than the 16th. January 16th is a Wednesday and weekdays might be much harder for people to participate.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Dec 18, 2007 5:08:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sky_of_fire

awsome, loved the 1st lime day, walked away with about 15k ish from the tourneys <33

looking foreward to the next 1

although, id just like to kno, how did lime day come about, and wat does it stand for?
Mrimported

Retiredish
[Dec 18, 2007 8:24:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
anchorking

Lime is Steve's favorite color AND his favourite octos colour.
Axetheman, Can be found lurking around the Meridian ocean

Blobbles says, "Soooo....we need to be mean drunken Aussie jerks to get muted?"

[Dec 18, 2007 4:22:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

Lime Day started at 11:30 PM the day before when I was bored and started just randomly /paying people 10 poe for wearing lime clothing at the DN docks. From there I started inviting pirates to come aboard my Grand Frig for local only tournaments and then from there, it just jumped into tons of tournaments being posted by everyone!

Why lime? because it's my favorite color

What's the purpose? I thought it'd be awesome to see tons of different people posting tournaments throughout the day, spreading the wealth across the ocean, no matter how much you can give!
Stevensam -Cobalt Native, founder and host of The PoE is Right. Creator of Lime Day.
[Dec 18, 2007 9:09:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
fredtheelf

He needs no more reason than I do for promoting the use of pigs as pets :D
Fredtheelf
longtime Governor of Kirin, Cobalt
Proud member of Bad Sushi
Flag of Valor
Owner of many pigs

Allow me three more letters and I could have that Fredtheplatypus alt I've always wanted...
[Dec 19, 2007 10:51:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
thyren

Assuming I have internet access on Lime Day January '08, I can make a few tournaments with Limey things.
Jezzeka on the Cobalt Ocean
Captain of Lunar Eclipse

Jezzeka on the Crimson Ocean
Captain of Lunar Eclipse

Opique on the Viridian Ocean

[Dec 23, 2007 7:34:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Jezzeka [Link]  Go to top 
Egg0

Oh sorry Jezzeka this event is not on Midnight... it is on Cobalt. Didn't you move to Midnight? Could have swore I read that in several different places on the forums. Yet, you seem to be posting more than ever in Cobalt forums since you moved to Midnight. (From what I have read, pointless and rude posts mostly.)

To keep with the thread..... Should be interesting to see all of the items colored lime that couldn't previously, now that lime enamel is available.

Eggo

---------------------------
"Ya, you should pay more attention to the post Jezzeka. Didn't you move to midnight?" - Ilya
[Dec 23, 2007 3:18:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ilyarus2004

I can't wait i loved the first Lime Day. There were over 50 turnies with lime. We even got the OMs to make a Lime Tourny! Now i think we should buy and make lime bandana's and on lime day just hand them out so everyone gets a piece of lime!
Ilya on most of the oceans,
Russian on Midnight.

Hypnos tells ye, "i burn u"

Avatars by Silverransom, Domokun, Shortyjack and Tilinka!
[Dec 23, 2007 3:32:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
thyren

Oh sorry Jezzeka this event is not on Midnight... it is on Cobalt. Didn't you move to Midnight? Could have swore I read that in several different places on the forums. Yet, you seem to be posting more than ever in Cobalt forums since you moved to Midnight. (From what I have read, pointless and rude posts mostly.)

To keep with the thread..... Should be interesting to see all of the items colored lime that couldn't previously, now that lime enamel is available.

Eggo

---------------------------
"Ya, you should pay more attention to the post Jezzeka. Didn't you move to midnight?" - Ilya

Eggo and Ilya, you should really learn to read; my original post said I would be moving to Midnight early 2008, that could be anywhere between January - March '08. And besides, I have to do something with what I have on Cobalt, might as well turn it into Limey things and put in up for Lime Day.

Surely, you aren't discouraging people from being a part of Lime Day!

And, Ilya; I cannot believe what you just said, something from a young'in. And Ilya, don't pretend that you don't know what's going on with my move; heck, you've been on Midnight talking to me about my move and all about it.
Captain of Lunar Eclipse

Captain of Lunar Eclipse

[Dec 23, 2007 10:34:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Jezzeka [Link]  Go to top 
nover62

Okay, back to the original point of this thread....

The last Lime Day was a blast! Expect to see Bloodworthy and I put up several tournaments featuring lime wigs for January's Lime Day. Wheeeee!!
Fireangel
[Dec 24, 2007 4:40:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gumptiongirl

I await Lime Day with much excitement ^_^

I missed the first one ;_;
Surrptitious/ Slurppie - Cerulean

Feb Frenzy
Feb Frenzy 2.0
[Dec 27, 2007 1:08:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://gumptiongirl.deviantart.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
hellblznlady

I am so there! And will be tournying off LIME outfits and poez, too!

/e has been collecting stuff for this one!
~Hollyberry
Better off alone.

Callistan tells you, "hollyberry=evil!"
You told Callistan, "yaso?"
You told Callistan, "Your point?"
[Dec 31, 2007 2:05:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tryn2behave

I don't have 250k poe to spend on tourneys but I will be doing what I can to add to the fun. :o)

Ladyari
Various pirates on all English-speaking oceans.

Love the people who treat you right. Forgive the ones who don't. Life is ten percent what you make it and ninety percent how you take it! ~~ Dwan
[Jan 2, 2008 10:15:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    tryn2behave2 [Link]  Go to top 
Sophiarrr

Don't have a lot of poe at the moment but I'll do what I can to add to the general lime fun. Limeade for all!
--Sophiarr, a proud data point of Scatter Plot.
"Spelling is not an area in which your ordinary human freedoms should be allowed free rein; there are no human rights appeals against the facts of spelling." -Geoffrey K. Pullum, Language Log
[Jan 2, 2008 11:07:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kavlin

If I can remember to be here, I'll put up a couple rumble tourneys featuring lime bludgeons. I had a great time with the first Lime Day and have a reminder of it following me around everywhere. Necessity isn't the mother of all invention, boredom is.
Kavlin S. Teer
SO and Surgeon of Stark Raving Mad
White Lord of that demented flag Dark Asylum
Cobalt

Blessed are the cracked
For they let in the light!
2 Baby Kavs!! God help you all!! err.. us....
[Jan 6, 2008 4:10:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Kavteer [Link]  Go to top 
Phour

Necessity isn't the mother of all invention, boredom getting high is.

Fix0rz.
Familiar on Cobalt
[Jan 7, 2008 7:03:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    lyndi6384 [Link]  Go to top 
Shellyjohn

Hi,
I m Shelly a pirate in Cobalt Ocean and i would also love to participate on Lime Day in Lime dress with lots of poes and lots of Limes.

Thanx and Regards
Shelly Johnson
[Jan 7, 2008 9:36:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

Now here's something weird...
The spinoff of lime day that appeared on Midnight has been listed on the official upcoming events section of the notice board....but...Cobalt's....isn't....there....o.O
[Jan 9, 2008 12:05:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
Pireteash

Hello, I would like to Participate.
Piratesh
Sage Ocean
TRIED to Quit the game.
Gea says:

I'm a planet. Planets usually have rocks :-p

[Jan 9, 2008 12:09:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
thyren

The spinoff of lime day that appeared on Midnight has been listed on the official upcoming events section of the notice board....but...Cobalt's....isn't....there....o.O

Ehhh! I know I'm not meant to be here since I'm a Midnightian poster now but Jalan PM'd me about the Events problem. I haven't seen the Midnight version of Lime Day posted under the Events tab of the Notice Board yet. But I'll petition an OM and notify you of the outcome.
Captain of Lunar Eclipse

Captain of Lunar Eclipse

[Jan 9, 2008 3:22:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Jezzeka [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

The official events thingy can be found on the YPPedia:

Search for "Official:Events"

But yeah, hopefully it'll get added soon.
[Jan 9, 2008 8:11:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
Xessive

That just doesn't seem fair. Lime day belonged to Cobalt first and we should get the cool stuff!

You alone must find the way. No one else can help you. Every way is different. And if you do lose yourself at least take solace in the absolute certainty that you will perish.

[Jan 9, 2008 8:26:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Phour

I logged on yesterday and found I had ordered all the clothing items in lime/lime. Looks like I gots some tournaments to make, yo!
Familiar on Cobalt
[Jan 9, 2008 8:34:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    lyndi6384 [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

Okay, the issue has been cleared up! Lime Day, coming to a Midnight and Cobalt near you on the 16th!
[Jan 9, 2008 9:26:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
ClaudeJr

Do ye realize how bright a lime bathtub is? Glad I giving it away it gives me a headache!!
Jesseduke on Cobalt
[Jan 9, 2008 10:35:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
thyren

Okay, the issue has been cleared up! Lime Day, coming to a Midnight and Cobalt near you on the 16th!

Good, Good. So all is Good!
Captain of Lunar Eclipse

Captain of Lunar Eclipse

[Jan 9, 2008 10:49:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Jezzeka [Link]  Go to top 
limeday

Just a sample of things you will see appearing in tournaments!
[Jan 10, 2008 3:14:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Naomiscott

o_0 ahhh... its... soo.... purrdy.....

lol the ropes hardly have any lime colour XD
At my door the leaves are falling
A cold wild wind has come
Sweethearts walk by togeather
And i still miss someone

I go out on a party
And look for a little fun
But i find a darkened corner
Because i still miss someone
[Jan 13, 2008 6:18:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.google.com/intl/xx-bork/ [Link]  Go to top 
Phour

Yup, yup, yup! Lots of LIME GOODIES!! I woke up the other morning to find all kinds of limey clothing items in my wardrobe! They'll all be given out in tournaments on Wednesday, in hopes of dressing even more folks in fashionable limewear!

Familiar on Cobalt
[Jan 13, 2008 7:32:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    lyndi6384 [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 69   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates