• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 216
Posts: 216   Pages: 8   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 151277 times and has 215 replies Next Thread
BobBee88

Re: December Daily Doodles 2007 - contest thread week 3

Bobofarc of Sage
Interview: Glaucus

Fade into a small dark room with one spotlight in the middle. Here we see Glaucus just waking up...scratches on his face, wearing tan rags, and peg leg looking as if a cat had used it as a scratching post.

Enter "The Investigator"

Investigator
: So Glaucus, mind if I ask you a few questions?

Glaucus: Where am I and how did I get a peg leg?

Investigator: I'M ASKING THE QUESTIONS HERE! Now, where were you on the night of Dec. 4th?

Glaucus: I can't remember...

Investigator
: Does this look familiar to you?

Glaucus (stuttering): I've never seen that before in my life...

Investigator: You think it's funny keeping yourself locked up in a toy shed and keeping happy little trinkets from good little pirates?

Glaucus: But I'm giving them away...I swear...

Investigator: At the cost of what...Some wasted JELL-O????

Glaucus: Wait...why do you care so much?

Investigator: Well let's see...you are using my reindeer to do my job, making those good pirates complain, and you think you can just "magic" up whatever you want! Do you realize how hard is it to make those gifts all year?!?!

Glaucus: Santa?

"The Investigator" disappears.
Glaucus stands up to walk out of the room and hears breathing...and the lights turn on to reveal all of the Three Rings staff standing around and laughing.

Apollo (mocking): Do you realize how hard is it to make those gifts all year?!?! Hahahahaha

Glaucus: You guys just wait...I will get my revenge...

Lights fade out.

(Edit to include information)
----------------------------------------
Bobofarc of Sage
*SO of TLL and Lord of Good Grief*
[Edit 1 times, last edit by BobBee88 at Dec 21, 2007 8:22:19 AM]
[Dec 21, 2007 5:15:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Llamaluver

Llamagirl of Hunter

Questions I would ask Apollo (Somewhere with snow. I've never seen snow =P )

1) cAn i haS sum trikIts?

2) Why haven't you let me win a doodle yet?

3) Can I have a familiar?

4) Why won't you let me have a familiar?

5) Want some cookies?

6) Can I have a hug?

7) Are you at all worried about the titans overthrowing Olympus, the way the gods overthrew them?
Llamagirl on Hunter
Beautiful avatar by Albini!

You told Cronus, "So, what kinda snacks you got?"
Cronus tells you, "Small children"
Cronus tells you, "Sometimes coated in chocolate."
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Llamaluver at Dec 21, 2007 10:37:16 AM]
[Dec 21, 2007 5:20:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.myspace.com/no1_llama_luver [Link]  Go to top 
Benzene265

Rhodin
Viridian

Now, of course, when you're a well-tanned blonde preaching the benefits of being a well-tanned blonde to anyone who will listen (and a few who won't), you're not too picky about your audience. I would interview the first sucker... er Ringer I ran into, except maybe Glaucus since he's clearly been pro-Revolution from the beginning. Then, I'd tell him or her about how great blonde, well-tanned pirates are and how they're obviously better than pale, brunette ones. As far as questions go, there's only one I want answered:

So, enough about me. What do YOU think of my tan?

A Ghyslaine and a Rhodin for every Ocean, but mostly on Viridian.
Make the natural choice for our oceans: Google Rhodin Blonde!
[Dec 21, 2007 5:44:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Have you considered becoming a well-tanned blonde? [Link]  Go to top 
raincake

Pirate: Spoonio
Ocean: Sage

I would like to interview his lime-ness Cephalopod over some hot chocolate in a coffee shop with squishy sofas. (You must have the squishy sofas.)
  • There were rumours that for Christmas you would release Penguin pets which would sing and dance at random times. Why did you decide to not do this in the end?
  • What do the veils hang on to if pirates don't have noses?
  • Why is there no Rudolph team in the competition? Is it because his red nose distracts the other reindeer and this would be an unfair advantage?
  • In the YPP world, the elephants are smaller than the pirates, so they MUST be baby elephants. What are you going to say to the animal rights campaigners when they come knocking on your door?
  • Is there some kind of Puzzle Pirate law that forbids pirates from sticking out their tongues in portraits?
  • Have you ever thought about making your own island on one of the oceans, naming it after yourself, naming all the buildings after your favourite foods and having hundreds of bots that looked exactly like you?
  • Why do you never smile in portraits? Is it because you have bad teeth?
Was really strange, I was actually thinking yesterday "I hope Apollo makes a December Doodle where we can ask questions to the developers..." And then it happened! Could this be the magic of Christmas December Daily Doodles?
Spoonio on Sage Ocean
Avatar? - Not taking anymore requests until current queue is finished!
[Dec 21, 2007 6:15:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mr_cherno

Jackanape
Hunter Ocean

Questions for Hypnos (those any OM would do):

1. JoO giFs pOeZ?

2. PlEaSe jOo gIfs PoEz?

3. joo GifZ FamIlIar?

4. pLeAse jOO gIFs fAmiLiaR?

5. JOo gIfS iNjerY?

6. PLeAse jOo gIfz InJEry?

7. wHaT gUd iZ jOO?
[Dec 21, 2007 7:37:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cannedfood

Canned food, of the Viridian

I would like to interview Hermes, god of keepin' it real. I wish to interview him at a place of my own discrepancy. Suffice it to say somewhere in Mexico. Do not call the police. He will be returned duley, after some questions.

1. You may feel slightly dizzy, the opiate is wearing off. Lets start things with a few simple questions. First of all, if you're an Ocean Master, why are your stats so low?

2. Do you indeed use "hax" to get what you want? And dont play to the whole government lie of /magik!

3. What is your real name?

4. Where are you hiding the Jello!? Tell me now!

5. Is it true you had a secret relationship with Jane Fonda?

6. Which reindeer team are you on, and why?

7. Have you ever had the afflatus to defenestrate an annoying greenie?
Don't have time to play and havent in a long time, but I'm still here to torment all of you!
Hypnos said:

Word.

[Dec 21, 2007 8:07:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jennygalaxy

Jennygalaxy of Cobalt
Questions to Nemo:

Set in a white room with photos of noses all over the walls.
1. Why do us pirates have no noses?
2. Why do you not just draw some noses?
3. Can you draw me a nose?
4. What happens when us nose-less pirates get colds?
5. Do you have a bad experience with noses as a child?
6. Do you want me to give you a lession in drawing noses?
7. Why do skeleton heads have nose holes - are the skeletons remains of a lost civilisation of pirates with noses that you wiped out due to your hatred of noses!?
Jennygalaxy, formally Cobalt, now Meridian Ocean.
[Dec 21, 2007 8:21:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    jennylikesgalaxy [Link]  Go to top 
Cloverwood

Re: December Daily Doodles 2007 - Questions, Questions

[Pirate]: TheRunt
[Ocean]: Cobalt

[Interview]: Apollo
[Location]: Three Rings Breakroom, Mt. Olympus (that's where it located, right?)
Questions:
1.) Where do you get the ideas for your contest? How long does it take you to come up with them?

2.) I'm a bit confused by the term 'Sun God':
a) Are you the sun, or do you just control it?
b) Do you ever use your 'sun powers' to pull pranks on your sister?

3.) Of the other OM's, who would you say you are closest to (your 'best friend')?

4.) What do Doodles mean to you?

5.) If you could take on any other OM's powers for 1 day, who's and what would you do with them?

6.) What's it like working at Three Rings?

7.) Is there anything else that you would like to say or that we should know about you?
- If so, What?
- If not, How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if it were aided by an otherwise unladen (african) swallow? ;)

TheRunt (Cerulean)
[Dec 21, 2007 9:33:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SilveRansom

Re: December Daily Doodles 2007 - Questions, Questions

Silveransom of Sage

Dear Nemo,

1. How are you and your family?

2. What are you working on these days?

3. Do you need help?

4. Why Max instead of Maya?

5. What is your favorite art book?

6. What is your favorite bit of advice for other artists?

7. Why do you work in games?

Thanks, and best wishes for you and yours!
Sincerely,
Silveransom

Edit: These are none too crazy/creative/funny, but they have the virtue of being honest questions I'd ask if I had a few minutes with Nemo. That's what happens when I don't try to get cute with a doodle, I guess. ;)
Silveransom
makes art like this or this &
Blender Eggs!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by SilveRansom at Dec 21, 2007 12:36:54 PM]
[Dec 21, 2007 10:00:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://s13.invisionfree.com/Peregrine_Design/ [Link]  Go to top 
micklauer

Kingpriam of Midnight

My personal victim subject of choice would be Captain Cleaver. I'd likely lure him out with a group of sexy piratey mates to the German Beer Garden in Astoria on a mild New York summer afternoon. Drinks would, of course, be on the Three Rings business expense tab.

Question #1 ("Fore-play"):
Brother, I just want to thank you (and your team) for comin' up with such an excellent way to devour my spare time. Sure, there's a lot of massive online games out there to kill boredom...most of which are either strictly social puzzles or hack-n-slash level-uppers...so what inspired this particular game: Why was it important enough for you to invest the time and money into Yohoho! Puzzle Pirates?

Question #2 ("Foot in the door"):
Apparently, I'm not the only one enjoying Y!PP. The reviewers seem in favor of the product, as well as your millions of registered netizens. But what about you? How would you define "success" in terms of creating an online game: Customer satisfaction? Game quality? Generatated revenue? You tell me.

Question #3 ("...the other foot"):
Okay, so strictly based on the criteria of success you just listed, has Puzzle Pirates met, exceeded, or fallen short in your projections of success?

Question #4 ("No, no, I got this Round"):
Well, I think we can all admit that the game has a fairly weighty history, and with a handful of years beneath you...where do you see the future of Y!PP? In a year? In 5 years? And, dare I say, 10 years?

Question #5 ("Dude, don't worry, I dry-hump everyone"):
While there was a brief stint (the Ubisoft era) in which it appeared as if Y!PP was really on the main-stream wagon, it feels like those days have been waning. Are there are any major game distributors/developers that you've got your eye on...or better yet, that you're in discussions with?

Question #6 ("It's not LATE, it's only 2am!"):
We know that Y!PP isn't the only pot on the stove. And while the success of some of these other ventures are questionable or to be seen, with the growing number of projects being released by Three Rings, how has your involvement in Puzzle Pirates changed? And as time goes on, how will it continue to change?

Question #7 ("This is a manly hug...ignore the tears"):
Maybe it's the four pitchers of Blue Moon, maybe it's those shots that Hypnos got...I don't know...I'm not a doctor...but I gotta ask. Which of the following best depicts your relationship to Y!PP: Yohoho! Puzzles Pirates...pick one of the following... (1) Nest egg of unending love...(2) Favorite jacket that just doesn't fit like it used to...(3) Stray dog you regret saving from that abusive alley bum...(4) Father in law that doesn't stop calling to give advice...(5) Best friend you don't feel like talking to most of the time, so you turn off your ringer and hope they leave a message. If none of these feel sufficient, please create your own.

And with lucky number seven~ That's all she wrote!

Much love!

Kp
Devout follower of Apollo
d(-_^) Blackhat Approved
[Dec 21, 2007 11:09:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kgarrett1969

Pirate: Hawkings
Ocean: Viridian

Interviewee: Glaucus. . . An Ocean Master who wishes to remain anonymous.

Interview Location: The nature of the questions require a discreet setting, so the interview will be conducted in the private, back room of an undisclosed tavern to maintain anonymity and provide refreshment to encourage free and honest conversation.

Questions:

1) What are the names of the pirates that Cleaver uses when he wishes to remain incognito in the game? I'm only asking out of scientific curiosity and in no way implies that I wish to harass or panhandle him.

2) What is the most embarrassing thing that a fellow Ocean Master has done that they do not wish to be made publicly known and who was the perpetrator?

3) What is the best thing to say to Bia if you want to get her to come completely unglued? The one thing that really pushes her button and will cause her to start shrieking in a high squeaky voice.

4) Who at Three Rings would you most like to slap with a cold, wet fish and for what reason?

5) What has been the best practical joke you've played on one of your fellow Ringers, who did you play it on, and what was the outcome?

6) In your opinion, what has been the silliest enhancement made to Puzzle Pirates? You know, the enhancement that once implemented secretly made you think, "What on the oceans were we thinking with that?!"

7) How far away from Apollo do you stay during the month of December due his frequent and disturbing outbursts at inappropriate times?

Hawkings
Fleet Officer of Silver Dragons
Citizen of Meridian

Apollo wrote, "Hawkings has changed my life. ;)"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by kgarrett1969 at Dec 21, 2007 12:18:18 PM]
[Dec 21, 2007 12:11:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MadMe

Madme's on the Viridian piratey intarrrrrview the OceanMaster Hypnos

You told Hypnos,"Ahoy, are you available for that Daily Doodles interview?"

Hypnos tells you, "Yes, Apollo mentioned to expect your tell. I have some time for that interview you requested. Turn off dnd."

"Do not disturb" disabled.

You are whisked to an uninhabited isle where Hypnos laying in his favourite hammock strung between two palms trees.

Intarrrrview Questions:

1. I'm interested to know more about your family, especially about your twin brother Thanatos, who is known as the "god of death". I find it interesting that you have played a key part in the Yohoho Puzzle Pirates' Davy Jones' Lockering Forum, which is essentially the death of forum threads. Are you tapping into your twin's psyche there?

2. It's been talked about that you have this secksay James Earl Jones' voice, have you've been approached by LucasArts for "the DARK-SIDE" starring role in their upcoming Star Wars TV series?

3. You've certainly set the fashion trend regarding the "sleepy caps arrr 4 pirates" fad. However, there are rumours that you wear the sleepy caps to cover a receding hairline. Is this true?

4. Errrr... Mr. Hypnos... could you wake up?

5. Moving onto those signature fuzzy bunny slippers, what size do you wear and why the choice of pink?

6. In addition to being a well-known OceanMaster, I understand that you are now the community manager and liaison of the Puzzle Pirates' blog . I'm sure that you have endless stories of unforgettable greenie tells/petitions. However what are some interesting or most memorable issues/topics you've encountered during your current tenure with the online blog?

7. Although this may be hard to talk about, I'd like to go back to 2005 when you were arrested and charged with a SWS offence (sailing while sleeping). Can you comment on what really happen and your time in the sleep-disorder clinic?

You have been planked by Hypnos.
Madme (on all oceans)
Captain of the Black Rum on the Meridian
A loyal Riddlemaker© on the Meridian
...and going MAD one gene at a time

Awesome Avatar by Catlin
[Edit 4 times, last edit by MadMe at Dec 21, 2007 1:13:10 PM]
[Dec 21, 2007 12:24:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
samthetrue

This is Samthetrue from the viridian ocean reporting from my cottage on kirin, I'm interviewing Hephaestus, god of technology, blacksmiths, craftsmen, artisans, sculptors, metals and metallurgy, and fire.
We sat down on some carven chairs and i had the cleaning greenie to fech some tea, hephaestus likes his tea strong with two sugars, but i was eager to get to the questions.

#1)"Mister hephaestus, for my first question may i ask why you chose to be a Ocean Master? wouldnt you have perfered to be a normal pirate like the rest of us?" I asked as the tea arived.
"Well sam, I couldnt pass up beutifull women throwing poe at me by the millions, and the power is quite wonderfull. I enjoy torturing new players with useless rules and doubloon fees"

#2)"For my second question I want to know what your least favorate thing about being a OM is, its the endless stupid petitions asking if people can have a free monkey isnt it?"
"Nay, my least favorate thing about it is cleaver, he snores like the black-ship firing its cannons, its quite deafening.
Just last week someone tried to wake him up from his afternoon nap because the walls where shaking from it... We are now looking for a new cabin critter around the OM office, he rolled over and squished the poor person."

#3)"Can i have a free monkey?" I asked hopefully.
"No." My spirits where crushed, i couldnt beleave it!

#4)"Can i run lima? I know i would do a good job" My spirits where low, but i still had hopes.
"No."

#5) "Why not?" I asked, quite disapointed.
"You dont have the experiance one would need to be a govenor of lima, Its a hard job, and Ajax has been hand picked from over two hundred thousand aplicants for his supirior bake off fun."

#6) "If you could be a animal what animal would you be?"
"A black/gold parrot, I would be coveted by the players, I could sit back and preen my self all day long and be offered crackers and not have to do any more work... "

#7) "Do you still have fun playing puzzle pirates? Hmm that actualy isnt broad enough, do you actualy play the game you make? or is all most of you do just manage us players?"
"Play puzzle pirates? I hardly have time to catch up on the petitions, before i know it its 3 am and I've still not finished my tasks... I heard though that nemo took out a sloop last week. They attacked rudebwoi on one of his elite WF pillages and took half his poe and most of his goods"

(unofficial questions from here on)
"If you ever get a moment want to come on one of my trips?"
"No. I've got a family to take care of, and my pet pig has been sick recently."

"Heartys?"
"Nay, my list is full... hermes has a million foraging alts and insists on me heartying them all"

"Why do females get belly buttons and us guys dont? with my belt and bracers i am free from neck to waste of all body parts, yet
girls with midrift blouses get a belly button clearly shown when they face south."
"If that angers you check under your kilt, your missing some other parts"

(I'll end it on that note, although i have many other questions to ask a ocean master if they would like an interview. Also, please dont smite me for making fun of any of the OMs mentioned above, or any of the fun poking that I was thinking wile writing this but failed to find words for)
Samthetrue on all oceans, but only viridian is home.
Captan of Puzzling Privateers,
prince of Imperial madness, if ye want to join eather let him know or one o the other officers/royals
[Dec 21, 2007 12:28:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com    samthetrue    Samthetrue    none [Link]  Go to top 
Ray_Leo

Sharkiez of sage

This Interview wiith Apollo was held at a secret under ground bomb shelter.

1. Why is the company called three rings? Why not one ring, or name after its creator?

2. Do you volunteer to be a event host or did Cleaver force you?

3. What is the criteria you look for when judging art entries?

3. How can I bribe you so I can win contests?

4. Do the OM live up to their personality in real life? Does Hypnos really wear bunny slippers when he work and sleep all the time?

5. You have host alot of events, singing, drawing, writing, video making. But are you any good at them? if yes please show me you talent, so I can learn from you. : D

6. If there's no OM, developer, artist right now, what will become of the game? Does the game depend on a running hamster for eletricity? (in this case the OM would be the hamsters)

7. Is there anyone in the three rings office you have a crush with? (just only a yes or no would be nice)
Sharkiez, Sage
My first comic
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Ray_Leo at Dec 21, 2007 10:34:53 PM]
[Dec 21, 2007 1:17:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dougerarg

Scervy
Hunter
By the way, I really think you should ask this. :P

We're adressing Oceanus, in San Fransisco on the Golen Gate bridge. My goal is to make him dig up some dirt! Hehe

1) Every office has that one guy who is lazy. I think we all know that. Which ringer is laziest, and why?
2) Do you envy anyone in your staff? If so, who?
3) Let's say you're on Survivor with your other ringers, and you lose the immunity challenge. Who get's sent home?
4) Who does the most work?
5) Is cephalopod actually a developer, or is he really an artist as I suspect him to be?
6) You have a choice between the death or Apollo or Artemis. Who do you take, and for what reasons? (Mwahahahaha, I am soooo evil.)
7) Finally, Cleaver bursts into the room in a yelling tantrum; how do you propose to calm him down?

Haha, I enjoyed this.
Scervy of Hunter
Omnis on Sage

Retired YPP player. Miss all my old pals from long ago
[Dec 21, 2007 1:23:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ilyarus2004

Ilya
Cobalt

I would probovly ask Nemo/Ceaver.
At the Three Rings Office.

1. How does it feel to make so much people happy?

2. How much people work at a time i your office everyday?

3. Is it fun and interesting to develop games and talk to players?

4. How do you feel to when people thank you so much for being so great?

5. Do you enjoy working for Three Rings?

6. Would u ever close Three Rings?

7. Would u ever have people come and tour the Three RIngs office?
Ilya on most of the oceans,
Russian on Midnight.

Hypnos tells ye, "i burn u"

Avatars by Silverransom, Domokun, Shortyjack and Tilinka!
[Dec 21, 2007 1:25:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nordenx

Interviewer: Nordenx, Viridian
Interviewee: Cleaver/OOO management
Subject: Seven Random Questions

1) Whirled Beta; When?
2) Y!PP Asian Theme; When?
3) I see the "we're hiring" sign still up on the OOO site, it's been up for a long time now - is that still the case?
4) What are you looking for in an employee; what's the most important quality/qualification?
5) Have you received my emailed resume'?
6) Why haven't you hired me yet?
7) Any plans for a SoCal branch?
Nordenx of Viridian

Mariner's Used
[Dec 21, 2007 1:28:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
swimer2

An interview between a greenie and Cephalopod.

how u becom a om/dev?
y dont u giv ppl beter gifts on xmas instead of old foyle!!11
y dont u mak other langae ocaens liek a lolcode ocaen and stuf
so hu is ure favorit pirat pls sai me@!
wat is ure favorte puzle say td plzzzzzzzz i luv td!11111111111//
hi is it posible 2 cod in flufy bunies 4 every1 liek a fam it wud be kewl!
y dont we hev other types of hare like rs we cud have blu and porple and gren and stuf

Admire of Hunter.
Admire, Hunter Ocean.

[Dec 21, 2007 1:54:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ayenedya

The interview setting:

A cabin in the woods, several miles away from civilization. There would be a table in the kitchen with 2 chairs, a small table containing a cage, seemingly that of a rabbit.. Could it be Peanut Butter's? One chair with it's back against the wall, would be the formerly bestest OM... Apollo, and the other... Myself.. And sitting on the table... the one... the only... Peanut. The door would be locked and the interrogation.. er interview would begin.

Questions:

If you have friends coming over, what would you cook?

Which T.V. program would you never miss?

You have got six months to live, what will you do first?

If you were an animal in the wild, what would you be?

If you could travel back through time, what single mistake would you correct in life?

Which is the last book you read?

and the last question will be reserved for Peanut..

Now, that we've speed dated; however, forced it may have been...

If you could pick one person or Bunny to interview living, dead, etc, who would it be and why?

You thought I was going to ask why you broke my heart didn't you! ha..
Casiopia
Luckypavo says, "Can you guess which OM I am?"
Casiopia says, "You're not apollo :( or I'd be stalking >.>"
Luckypavo says, "Casiopia."
Luckypavo says, "My heart. You just broke it."
[Dec 21, 2007 2:10:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jeda_Moon

Viconia Of viridian

Interviewing Apollo God of the sun

Place of Interview: The Oprah Winfrey Show

(Viconia has taken the place of Oprah this show to hold a special interview showing, she tells the audience and the viewers at home to pay no attention to the banging coming from a closet off set )

Welcome everyone to this special Oprah show. I am Viconia who is taking the place of hosting duties, seeing as Oprah is 'tied' up at the moment. Today i have with me a very special guest and i would like you all to give him a warm welcome. Apollo of Three Rings Designs. (Everyone applauds as Apollo comes running out and jumps onto the sofa )

Welcome Apollo. Lets get the questioning under way shall we? (Apollo jumps up and down on the sofa yelling out jibberish )

I'll take that as a yes. First question: What made you decide to become part of the Three Rings Family? (Apollo jumps off the sofa. runs to the other side of the stage and attempts to flip accross to the other side but fails misserably and returns to the sofa )

Oooook Next question: What part of being with Three Rings is truly the most satisfying?(Apollo stares blankly into space as if in a daze )

I guess i'll move on. So tell me apollo what truly makes you tick? I mean what makes you, well you? (Apollo rummages through his clothes as if looking for something, when finally he pulls out what appears to be a rum jug and takes a swig with a satisfied look )

Lets get to know the apollo away from Three Rings. Whats your favorite kind of food?(Apollo closes his eyes and appears to be in deep thought, but falls back on the couch in a uproar of snoring )

Can we get a bucket of ice water out here? (After waking Apollo up, the questioning continues )Now Apollo alot of single women out there want to know, Is there a Mrs. Apollo?(Apollo smiles, then jumps up onto the sofa, jumps a couple of times then falls behind it )

(Viconia grumbles to self, I should have interviewed Bia )Oh wells, lets see, Oh apollo, Do you like all of your co-workers?(Apollo comes around the sofa, sits down and shakes his head no and refuses to go in depth )

Well then seeing as how he wont tell us anymore, I'll move on. How is it working under a Boss like Cleaver?(Apollo gives Viconia a shocked look and yells out that he is ruler of all )

Well folks it looks like(theres a loud crash from off stage and Viconia rushes off the other side of the stage as Oprah comes running onto the stage. A few moments pass and Vic reappears and says in a hurried voice ) I would like to thank all of you for coming it was a pleasure to be your host, i would also like to thank apollo for coming and letting me interview him. Good-bye :D(Vic then runs outta the studio avoiding Oprah )

Sorry for the length but i wanted maximum humor :P
[Dec 21, 2007 2:22:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
smuggy4

Albie of Sage

Hai Apollo.

#1 What, in your opinion, makes YPP so addictive in its own right? Could it be the wholesome fun, the community, subliminal messages, that cookie scent?

#2 Define how you view your role in the world of Puzzle Pirates in relation with the other OMs. How do you all balance each other out, etc.

#3 If you were an LOLcat, which would you be?

#4 There are naked statues of you on display all over the world, we have footage of you running around in a cape going 'whee!'... What has been the MOST embarassing thing to happen to Mighty Apollo?

#5 What would be the catchphrase for each OM? Make up one of one doesn't already exist.

#6 Tell us a brief history of how Apollo came to be. I mean, what lead you to be the handsome god of Sun and music, instead of that goaty-legged half man thing? Or the god of Poundcake?

#7 Did you ever know that you're my hero? Truly, you're everything I wished I could be. I can fly higher than an eagle, cuz you are like, the wind beneath my wings.

I hope these all count as single questions...the The extra lines are to clarify what I'm trying to get at.
[Dec 21, 2007 7:24:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Godssniper

Apollo is the god of the sun, an Ocean Master in the popular game Puzzle Pirates, and the King of the December Daily Doodles, a contest into which this special will be entered. But is he hiding a secret? Our news team was informed that Apollo was also the king of a trinket smuggling ring. When our news team asked him for an interview, he ran off like a true-blood rumbler from a SF Challenge. But Apollo was weighed down by the prizes he was carrying slowed him down, and our fearless reporter was able to catch him and force him into an interview.

Godssniper: You were connected with the trinket smuggling ring known as "The Trinket Smuggling Ring run by Apollo," and were even told to be their leader. How can you face these charges, they seem to be overbearing.

Apollo: Um, er... well, uh... next question please Well you know, I'm not the kind of person to back down to a challenge. Now, maybe Cleaver* will run away from a greenie with a stick wanting to SF, but not me.

G: So are the charges true? Are you their leader?

A: What charges? I don't know about any charges, or trinkets, lots and lots of trinkets. Of course not! My name probably came up as being in connection to their leader because I just captured him! I've got that Nemo* locked up in my ship now.

G: Let me show you this, it is a video showing you taking illegal gold-gold clam shells and handing them off to agents of the ring. How can you say you aren't connected with these people now?

A: Hmm, that's not me. It must be someone else. But not me. And that's not my clothes, or my familiar, definitley not me. Ah, I had to go undercover to get close to Nemo. I was giving them special trinkets so that if they tried to sell them off, they would be attacked by skellies. Pretty clever, huh?

G: Apollo, when you go to trial next week, what do you expect the jury to think of your testimony?

A: Okay, look, if I give you a prize in my Daily Doodles contest, will you please just change this interview a little bit, you know, editing? I'll make it worth you're while.** I'm not concerned about them. I know I'm innocent, so I know that I will do my best at court, but it will all come down to when I am aquitted. I think you'll agree then, won't you?

G: Okay, I think I will Apollo. Thanks for your time.

So Apollo is a great guy, and he would never commit a crime like this. He'll get off, I'm sure. And that's the last of our 60 minutes, good night and have a Merry Christmas.

*No offense intended. I was just thinking of names. I know knothing of Cleaver and his grennie relations and Nemo's illegal activities.

**Better keep your word Apollo, or the truth will get out!

Godssniper on Viridian
Winston Churchill wrote: 
History shall be kind to me, for I intend to write it.
Jasonbourne on Malachite (Primary)
Godssniper on Viridian

(Who am I kidding, I haven't played in forever.)

Sucking at Pac-Man since 2008!
[Dec 21, 2007 7:37:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
stormmutant

Stormmutant of Midnight

I would like to have a conference with the Artists that developed the game at the Neuschwanstein castle, located in Germany, in southwest Bavaria. I would have a few of their favorite software developers there. The Artists would get lots of free t-shirts, cool trinkets and the scoop on new releases. We would have a party after in the ballroom.

My question session would be as follows:

1. What is your favorite 3D software?

2. How come you all decided to make us 1 inch tall?

3. Did you use reference, the details on the game are amazing?

4. Are the Java programmers snobs (hehe) or do they appreciate your talent?

5. Wow, how much time did it take to develop the first major release?

6. I just love all the different islands ~ did you split those up and each Artist design how they look?

7. Do you love getting paid to draw for a living?

Stormmutant
[Edit 1 times, last edit by stormmutant at Dec 21, 2007 7:57:19 PM]
[Dec 21, 2007 7:53:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ddraigeneth

This is Gwiddon deSage, reporting live to you from The Bermuda Triangle on Scrimshaw island. Our guest today is the lovely Artemis, here to share a bit about herself with our audience. Thank you for joining us.

Artemis, as the older of our twin gods, please, tell us about your relationship with your brother Apollo. Is it congenial? Competitive? Pestering?
I understand that you helped your mother with Apollo's birth, as now you have helped with his development as an event organizer. How does this make you feel? Do you ever see yourself as put-upon, being burdened with unnecessary responsibilities concerning your brother? Or are you proud to see what your aid has helped him achieve?
It is commonly known that the sun shines out of Apollo's various bodily orifices. Do you ever feel that your own glory is dimmed in comparison?
There was once a reference made to the possibility of romantic interest between yourself and Apollo, yet we are all well-aware of your self-enforced chastity. And so, the question many of our fans have been dying to know for ages. Is Apollo seeing anyone?
Gwiddon d'Sage - Making her own avatars since 2005
DeviantART

Is yer sword a foil?
[Dec 21, 2007 8:52:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BlackBeth

Feylind, Midnight

In order to take maximum advantage of this rare opportunity to pose questions to any Ringer, I will interview one of the most elusive of the Ocean Masters. These questions will be directed at Lelantos.

For his comfort (or at least that of his retiring persona), the virtual interview will be held on the sloop Hidden Plaice, ported at the uninhabited island of his choice.

1. Lelantos, I am very interested in your name. In greek mythology Lelantos is a titan whose name means to escape notice or to move unseen. In fact, he's managed to escape notice so well that the name is not listed anywhere in wikipedia. What led you chose such an obscure persona?

2. A lot of players think OM is their dream job without really thinking about what's required. What would you say are the most important characteristics someone needs to be a successful Ocean Master?

3. While much of the YPP population glamorizes the position of Ocean Master, it is still a job. What would you say is your least favorite part of the job?

4. It must be nice to have a job with built in leisure activities if you get bored on a quiet shift. What is your favorite puzzle or game on Y!PP?

5. What is the funniest petition you have ever received?

6. What qualities would you say set Y!PP and it's player community apart from other MMORPG's? What makes Y!PP unique?

7. I've learned that the quiet ones are often the best ones to ask if you want to know what's really going on. So you would probably know: Is there any truth to the rumor about Nemesis and the jello and Demeter's pony?
Feylind

Semi-retired Midnight Cerulean Event Addict
[Dec 21, 2007 8:58:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    FeythePirate [Link]  Go to top 
frogkissed11

Jainasolo, Midnight

Interviewing Cephalopod in a quaint kitchen located on a sheep farm.

1. I'm dying to know, what exciting updates can we look forward to in the new year?
2. Are there any features that you personally would love to see implimented, even if it's something the company might not be so keen to do?
3. Had you played Puzzle Pirates before applying for a job with Three Rings?
4. It's been rumored for a while now that banks will some day have another use, can you give me a hint as to what/when we'll find out their new purpose?
5. Is there any chance we'll see limited edition sheep in the future; you know, sheep who's wool is green or blue because they had an accidental incident involving dye?
6. I don't suppose you've heard any rumors of new OM positions opening up?
7. And finally, female pirates every where are dying to know, is the rumor true that Mrs. Ceph's nickname for you is "tentacle monster"?
JainaSolo, sheepish jedi
Blazeblade says, "you're talking to a SHEEP?"
[Dec 21, 2007 9:06:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
Shikyo

Cassis, Sage, and my question (well, questions) would be directed to any of the fine individuals who work the bulk of the ocean shifts. Any of them. I suppose that given the nature of the question, I'd ask it in a dive bar.

My question is simple. When halfway through a long and dirty shift, having been confronted by an army of ship renames with inappropriate names, petitions which abuse the English language, petitions which ask to become a magic mermaid or accuse you of consorting with the criminal element...how do you summon the will to go on despite all of this? And in the event that your courage comes in a bottled form, what's the brand?
Cassis, Sage
Evil Mastermind

A quick wit's best accompanied by quick reflexes.
Save Scrappeh!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Shikyo at Dec 21, 2007 10:01:26 PM]
[Dec 21, 2007 9:59:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sara_Sparrow

Sarahsparrow on Midnight

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Interviewee: Cephalopod

Setting: In a seafood restaurant: me eating squid, him eating salmon.

Questions:
1. So. . . why'd you choose Cephalopod as your name?
2. Who is your favorite historical pirate?
3. Would you like to taste this delicious squid?
4. If you were not on the OOO team, what job would you have?
5. Why do you cringe whenever I take a bite?
6. If the Internet were to suddenly be illegalized, what would the first words out of your mouth be?
7. Hey. . . where are you running off to all green like that?!
Sarahsparrow of Cerulean
Captain of Barnacle for Brains
Lady of Riot

[Dec 21, 2007 10:13:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
practitioner

Delores on Sage

I would like to interview Apollo

I would like to interview you in my cottage on Admiral Island, as the kudos of having had you there, so speak would last me a lifetime.

These are my questions

1. Given how hard it can be to judge some of the fantastic doodle entries, do you ever ask for outside help?

2. How long does it take you to plan each event?

3. In the coming New Year what are your plans for us?

4. What is your favourite colour?

5. Do you plan anytime soon to visit Sage Ocean?

6. How can I tempt you to pose with me for a portrait?

7. Given your oracular abilities could you please tell me when I might win a trinket?
Delores of Emerald ocean.

Always yield to temptation, because it may not pass your way again.

If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.
[Dec 21, 2007 10:13:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RayvynRoze

Alethia
Midnight

I would interview Hypnos. It would be on the Holodeck of the Starship Enterprise because that way we could pretty much spontaneously be anywhere we wanted at any point in the interview (with real holographically created mai-tais and such)

My questions would be as follows:

1. I kin haz munkee?

2. No, wait, seriously, come back Hypnos...I kid, I kid! Want a mai tai?

3. Anywho, can you tell me a bit about your transgendered piratical experience? As in, what made you decide to play a male character and how, if at all, has it affected your in game experiences?

4. Will we ever be able to go beyond the Atlantean citadel? And will that mean Atlantisized merchandising (tridents, Atlantean furnisher, etc.)?

5. Are we going to get some more Viking clothing soon? Cause I refuse to wear my helmet without proper and full Viking attire. I told Apollo I'd send you guys all extra cookies, but I don't think he believed me. But I will, honest...throw me a bone here.

6. Haute Couture on Alpha....what's up with that place? Will extra rum in the eggnog I send with the cookies get me a piece of that action?

7. Has there been any discussion on the trend of decline on the sub oceans? Should I be playing on a green ocean too, you know, as sort of a fallout shelter should the blue oceans implode?

Anyway, if I did do this interview I would kindly thank Hypnos for his time and promptly beam him back down to San Francisco with a complimentary holographic beverage of choice in a souvenir Enterprise cup, of course.
Alethia on Midnight
Senior Officer
Tyr's Own

"One might say that there are occasions in which barrelstoppery is best combatted with bigger and better barrelstoppery."
[Dec 21, 2007 10:35:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 216   Pages: 8   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates