• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 12
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2177 times and has 11 replies Next Thread
saintevermor

Oceanus and the Red Greenfish

I'd just like to give a hearty thanks and much love to Oceanus for surprising us all with the Red Greenfish! Me hearties and I were four battles into a briggy we had to abort when we got the broadcasts. We saw him announce that he spawned near Prolix and we weren't even on the Longship yet! We got there though, and caught him around Dragon's Nest. In all the excitement I don't know if any of the previous ships actually caught and beat him before we did. But we got quite the haul! Allow me to share our joy.

Here's the take from the first battle.

And then we set out and hit him again! Though that picture has pirate names in it and I forgot to blur them out or ask if they would mind if I posted them up here.

Much love to our friends at Jolie Sky of Conviction that joined us for this amazing opportunity. ^_^

Anyone else got any tales/screenies of their encounter(s)?
----------------------------------------
Verona Gatling

"I am fortune's fool..."
[Dec 16, 2007 7:37:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=77315&offset=150#1276992 [Link]  Go to top 
Raider81

Re: Oceanus and the Red Greenfish

Wow GJ....
Crip- Cerulean
Crip- Cobalt
Raider- Midnight
Raider- Azure

Galene tells ye, "Glad you have a sense of humor. Nice to give you a little trouble for all the trouble you have given us!"
[Dec 16, 2007 7:45:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bliss13

Wow. Nice haul ^.^

Freak tells you, "I will be respectful and not make obvious kitty jokes""
Freak tells you, "but if yer single..............get naked!!!"

<3Pipko

Razorblades, Antiskeptic, Angelbelow
Cobalt
[Dec 16, 2007 7:45:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.myspace.com/laurz_ [Link]  Go to top 
Sundreena

Ahhh, nothing quite like the exquisite torture that is being at work while fun stuff goes on. I think i'm going to go drive a waterpick into my ribcage now....
Sundreena of the Oceans
[Dec 16, 2007 7:55:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sky_of_fire

dems, u followed him for about 4 battles then gave up wen about 20 other ships were also circling, but congrats

just 1 question, how much poe did u achually get???
Mrimported

Retiredish
[Dec 16, 2007 8:00:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
saintevermor

just 1 question, how much poe did u achually get???

After we sold off the commods from the first attack and split, it ended up being 9.5k each for 11 pirates. For one battle. ^_^

Although, I saw a lot of people on sloops in 2 and 3 man teams trying for the treasure. My first instinct when I heard he was in a Longship was to take out a Longship of my own. I didn't even think of taking a sloop. For one, I didn't want to turn down my mates that had just joined me on the briggy. I wonder if any of the sloop teams had any success. Their poe split would've been much bigger.

And yeah, it was madness around him. All these sloops and a couple cutters swarming around him like flies! I got a screen of that too but forgot to crop and upload it.
Verona Gatling

"I am fortune's fool..."
[Dec 16, 2007 8:16:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=77315&offset=150#1276992 [Link]  Go to top 
Roleni

We got 'im not much later with a 6 person sloop and got close to 10k each too after everything was sold off.

When Oceanus said anything and everything red and green, he really meant it. Hehe.
Thalatta & others

Hera tells ye, "You got me so flustered by the spanking, I booched my chat response!"
Hera tells ye, "Purple is the most awesome colour ever!"
[Dec 16, 2007 8:33:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
generalshock

Yeah, we wasted 3 hours stalking him. It seemed everytime he would enter SF against another ship, we would be attacked by brigand ships which would tie us up just long enough for him to get engaged by someone else. I would like to thank those of you who beat him once and then hurried to engage him again, it was truely an awesome thing to see people getting 2nd and 3rd battles when some of us were waiting to get our first. My favorite part of the night was around 3 in the morning, when we were basically the only ones still waiting around his battle to engage him and when the engaged ships started to SF, Oceanus had already logged. Not that it mattered because we had already been engaged by a random brigand ship. Good Times.

-Custer
Custer/Lannister of the Cobalt Ocean
[Dec 16, 2007 8:48:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
saintevermor

Well, that's when you PvP the people leaving battle with the Red Greenfish. One could make a good sum that way.

In order to avoid getting bot-engaged while waiting, we went and took on one of the multitude of bot spawns shortly after we saw the Red Greenfish get engaged. We fought our sea battle and when it was done, the Red Greenfish was still in the same fight and got out moments later. Then we were unengaugeable for close to the same amount of time. So, there's one more strategy revealed.

I remember getting pwned in the Gem Battle Royale between Olive and Dendrite. THAT was some good times. Didn't win a single poe...
Verona Gatling

"I am fortune's fool..."
[Dec 16, 2007 9:18:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=77315&offset=150#1276992 [Link]  Go to top 
moonmaiden79

Well done! We had a sloop, our haul wasn't nearly as plentyful, (as I think he'd been hit several times by the time we got him,) but it was a very fun event. Three Cheers for Treasure Ships! Thanks Oceanus!
Stabatha- Tarts of Doom, Obsidian
[Dec 16, 2007 11:20:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fredtheelf

Thalatta wrote: 
When Oceanus said anything and everything red and green, he really meant it. Hehe.

Hehe, didn't even notice that until you said it... although /me points to the rum and cbs just to be contrary...
Fredtheelf
longtime Governor of Kirin, Cobalt
Proud member of Bad Sushi
Flag of Valor
Owner of many pigs

Allow me three more letters and I could have that Fredtheplatypus alt I've always wanted...
[Dec 16, 2007 11:30:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Roleni

That wasn't rum, it was bloody mary mix...>_>
Thalatta & others

Hera tells ye, "You got me so flustered by the spanking, I booched my chat response!"
Hera tells ye, "Purple is the most awesome colour ever!"
[Dec 16, 2007 1:29:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates