• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 27
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4234 times and has 26 replies Next Thread
YokoMoko

Questions from a Cobalt-Newbie

Hey! I have come from Viridian/Hunter ocean as Yokomoko to come play at Cobalt as Yamamoto for a new start and hopefully a better Piratey Quality-Of-Life in the long run. I decided to come here after a long break I took from Y!PP.

Is there anything I need to know before truely joining this ocean?

From my stats as Yokomoko on the Viridian ocean (I have no idea how to get a link of my stats) - What would the recommended crews be? I am starting from nothing which I haven't done for 3 years so it should be very fun and an interesting experience.

Shoppes - For a later time, I would like to know how much shoppes go for on this ocean (Buy/Sell). When I went to Hunter from Viridian I realised that Viridian was a lot cheaper than Hunter and Sage (Because the Terra on Viridian is overcrowded I assume), however it seems to be harder to get money on this ocean and less economy changes here so would they be cheaper than 1-2mil here?

Your pillages on the Voyages tab seem very well proportioned compared to the green oceans with just enough of them going on at once and the inns arn't at all crowded, so generally the atmosphere is a lot nicer and I will try and keep it that way with my pressence here *;-)*.

Much green loves,
Yokomoko.
----------------------------------------
Yokomoko - Hunter

Cairi wrote:

Think of it as foreplay and look forward to the release

[Dec 15, 2007 1:10:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Netzu

Re: Questions from a Cobalt-Newbie

Yoko wrote: 
Shoppes - For a later time, I would like to know how much shoppes go for on this ocean (Buy/Sell). When I went to Hunter from Viridian I realised that Viridian was a lot cheaper than Hunter and Sage (Because the Terra on Viridian is overcrowded I assume), however it seems to be harder to get money on this ocean and less economy changes here so would they be cheaper than 1-2mil here?

Aye, shoppes here go for around 500k. Depends where yer buying one.

As for good crews. Almost all crews in the Cobalt top 50 provide a great enviroment for enjoying most areas of the game. Just go pillage with some and see which you enjoy the most.
Netzu & Hutch
Cerulean
Phaunos
Meridian
Jelly wrote: 
Pirate parties are *so* 2005

[Dec 15, 2007 1:17:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Phour

I find the Cobalt is good entertainment. I agree that it is a bit difficult to make money, though. You definitely won't be bored.
Familiar on Cobalt
[Dec 15, 2007 1:30:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    lyndi6384 [Link]  Go to top 
fredtheelf

If you ever visit Kirin you should bring some cookies to feed the pigs...

Oh and shoppes range from 250k-800k in my experience (the higher end being for shipyards on wood spawning islands). Personally, my crew has bought two shoppes on a large for about 350k each (an apoth and an IM) with no stock or employees.

What crew/flag depends on your preferred style of play, but there are a lot of good options. If you catch me in game I would be glad to chat...
Fredtheelf
longtime Governor of Kirin, Cobalt
Proud member of Bad Sushi
Flag of Valor
Owner of many pigs

Allow me three more letters and I could have that Fredtheplatypus alt I've always wanted...
[Edit 2 times, last edit by fredtheelf at Dec 16, 2007 12:25:01 AM]
[Dec 15, 2007 1:48:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
IVdripper

Welcome to Coblat, Yoko. You have found the best ocean! There is always a lot of activity here. Holidays aside, you can find an Atlantis or flotilla run on the notice board nearly 24/7 and lots of PvP runs. Try to get on some of the Atlantis or flotilla runs and hearty up the captains or XO's, then you will be called whenever they go out. We are a pretty friendly lot, unless of course you make a booty of yourself. Then it gets a bit ugly. I imagine that is no different than any other ocean.

Just one word of warning, stay away from that Cobalt Ice, it's addictive and destructive.

Again, welcome aboard!

IV(who suddenly feels like the official Coblat greeter)

IVdripper/IVdripperone

"They sicken of the calm who know the storm."
-- Dorothy Parker
[Dec 15, 2007 1:56:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    On the porch, with my friends, drinking brandy,    watching the sea, and talking 'bout the good ol' days. [Link]  Go to top 
YokoMoko

Thanks for all your feedback it is all heartily welcomed and appreciated. I have also found quite a good crew at first glance, I hope it goes well. :)

Yokomoko/Yamamoto ;-)
Yokomoko - Hunter

Cairi wrote:

[Dec 15, 2007 2:22:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

Oh, and while you're here, you might as well check out The PoE is Right ;D

The PoE is Right's YPPedia page
Stevensam -Cobalt Native, founder and host of The PoE is Right. Creator of Lime Day.
[Dec 15, 2007 4:30:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
bkny612

Welcome to Cobalt mate!!

Our parley can beat up your parley!!

Seriously, enjoy the Coblat experience.
Kill your brother, you'll feel better-----Edgar Frogg (The Lost Boys)

Freak
Captain of Freakshow(a non-crew)
King of Carnival Of Oddities(a non-flag)
[Dec 15, 2007 4:52:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Roleni

Hi! :)

A, um, slight warning. You mentioned less crowded inns. You may have noticed while enjoying your elbow room that some people can be rather...affectionate...on this ocean. Don't let it put you off. ;)
Thalatta & others

Hera tells ye, "You got me so flustered by the spanking, I booched my chat response!"
Hera tells ye, "Purple is the most awesome colour ever!"
[Dec 15, 2007 5:13:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hazarath

Our parley can beat up your parley!!

Sigged.
Morbuzaan

I support PvP in sinking environments.

Cremate wrote: 
Cremate tells ye, "Anyway I have hockey to watch"

[Dec 15, 2007 5:28:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lesleywalker

Holidays aside, you can find an Atlantis or flotilla run on the notice board nearly 24/7 and lots of PvP runs.

I'm afraid I have to take issue with the 24/7 bit. I almost never see Atlantis runs, and hardly ever see flotilla runs on the board - and a lot of the time I see no pillages at all. I'm mostly playing in the "we small hours" (game time) so it's hardly surprising that my experience differs from most.
Rumbletum - FO, Crimson Sabers, Colbalt
Cheery - Alchemist, Ankh-Morpork City Watch, Cobalt
Jinxed Idol links
[Edit 1 times, last edit by lesleywalker at Dec 16, 2007 3:28:05 AM]
[Dec 16, 2007 3:27:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Phour

I'm afraid I have to take issue with the 24/7 bit. I almost never see Atlantis runs, and hardly ever see flotilla runs on the board - and a lot of the time I see no pillages at all. I'm mostly playing in the "we small hours" (game time) so it's hardly surprising that my experience differs from most.

Today I went on 3 different Atlantis runs. If you can catch Sydneyb or Livngdedgirl going to Atlantis, try to tag along. I suggest you stay away from any Atlantis run involving a kid named Kikikio. He's actually an embarrassment to Cobalt. Timing has a lot to do with it. I'd say the best time to find an Atlantis or flotilla run would be between 4pm and 8pm game time. I've never seen either happening now, around 4am game time.
Familiar on Cobalt
[Dec 16, 2007 4:17:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    lyndi6384 [Link]  Go to top 
lesleywalker

Timing has a lot to do with it. I'd say the best time to find an Atlantis or flotilla run would be between 4pm and 8pm game time.

That's 1-5pm my time, I'm always at work until at least 6:30 on weekdays, and at the weekend I tend to be out and about, although sometimes a Saturday works (US/Canada Friday).
Jinxed Idol links
[Dec 16, 2007 4:26:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
slntslayer

Liv has been known to take out late night Atlantis runs but the jobbing pool is usually a bit lighter and tougher to find mates.

Floatilla runs, well, you need to wait for a floatilla to be present then usually Cybr or myself are constantly out attacking it. Also Sourlime and Loola are also quite active floatilla runners. But much like atlantis, it takes a while to find 50+ good mates to keep the WF alive.
When all else fails, go blow something up.
I'm a BK hunting trollop, and how!
Rehio wrote: 
There's gotta be some law that prohibits Rashnu from having any sort of contact with greenies.

Rashnu
i R slo kiddo.....
[Dec 17, 2007 11:59:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lesleywalker

Just add an auto-text command to QM: "/job Cheery" :-)

I do understand about the jobbing pool being light, and all that - that's the reason I haven't been out getting pillage-running experience. I don't expect miracles and I'm not asking anyone to change anything, I just find it frustrating, is all.
Jinxed Idol links
[Dec 17, 2007 5:46:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kavlin

Wasn't there a 24 hour pilly sometime in the past? It really is too bad that a lot of pillages center around a two island hop now-a-days.
Kavlin S. Teer
SO and Surgeon of Stark Raving Mad
White Lord of that demented flag Dark Asylum
Cobalt

Blessed are the cracked
For they let in the light!
2 Baby Kavs!! God help you all!! err.. us....
[Dec 17, 2007 8:21:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Kavteer [Link]  Go to top 
cybrpyro

Kalvin wrote: 
... It really is too bad that a lot of pillages center around a two island hop now-a-days.

You can change that ya know....
Cybrpyro on da Cobalt ocean...as well as the rest

Perilous Puppet Theater
Freak-a-zoid wrote: 
Cybr-dude puts the F. U. in fun!!

[Edit 1 times, last edit by cybrpyro at Dec 17, 2007 8:50:38 PM]
[Dec 17, 2007 8:49:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kavlin

Kalvin wrote: 
... It really is too bad that a lot of pillages center around a two island hop now-a-days.

You can change that ya know....

lol One pirate doing a 5-6 hour tour of the ocean doesn't equal to the "a lot". Now back in the day, I did do long runs, but certain releases (which have been tarted over so much it's way past beating a dead horse, more like beating the ground the horse was buried under) have cut down on alot of jobber's attention spans. <sigh> Since I am forced by RL to cut down on my actual play time, it would be nice if you'd do it. Got plenty of time now that the BK's are on a holiday.

disclaimer: I rarely check the pillages anymore so if you have been doing long runs, kudos, I wouldn't know and you would be one of the few.
Kavlin S. Teer
SO and Surgeon of Stark Raving Mad
White Lord of that demented flag Dark Asylum
Cobalt

Blessed are the cracked
For they let in the light!
2 Baby Kavs!! God help you all!! err.. us....
[Dec 17, 2007 9:01:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Kavteer [Link]  Go to top 
treese

I agree, there aren't many folks that do more than 5 battles before porting. I miss Willie's war frig pillies, used to be some good poez back in da day!

But if yer up fer a long pilly, Kavlin, look us up. Mine are usually at least 3 hrs long and have been known to go for 7 hrs or more. Bagels (baglah's to the newcommers) and brigs mostly, and I have a lot of repeat jobbers, although I do avoid the inter arch. 12/0 last night plus blood, and I do reward +'s for mates who stay a certain # of battles (over half the trip).

Many of my crew are American, so we're usually out evenings and late night (late late nights!) east coast time, unless of course we're jobbing for you!
TammyGal
Cobalt Ocean
SO & former Captain of Boochin' Drunks - One of the founding crews of Cobalt
Lady of the all-grown-up CAPS LOCK Kiddies, Super Awesomeness!!
(awesome avatar by Darkfaery!)
[Dec 18, 2007 7:58:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://superawesomepp.proboards100.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
sky_of_fire

I suggest you stay away from any Atlantis run involving a kid named Kikikio. He's actually an embarrassment to Cobalt.

agreed, stay away from this dude as u will either quit cobalt, and/or the entire game through frustration! then again, hes also a laugh, due to the fact that his bnav ish so horriable!
Mrimported

Retiredish
[Dec 18, 2007 8:02:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
killerdiller

I have continued to try long frig runs once in a while and continue to have a hard time keeping even 40 mates on the frig.

The brig runs have even become frustraiting on weekdays. I have resolved myself to doing bag runs on Lab to Ansle. Two nights running I have gotten over 100k with jobbing all but the newest greenies.

Last night had 9 out of 18 mates with foils against an orange frig and we won. So cheers for the foil brigade.
Willelmus
Former Capt of Serial Pillagers
Royal and Bnavver
Art of War
[Dec 18, 2007 8:28:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
finest_fiend

Welcome to the Cobalt Ocean. This ocean is the best ocean with many events and all kinds of other things! Enjoy your stay!
Finestdeath of the Cobalt Ocean
Captain of AngelicScars
Lord of Super Awesomeness
[Dec 18, 2007 11:09:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
treese

I agree, there aren't many folks that do more than 5 battles before porting. I miss Willie's war frig pillies, used to be some good poez back in da day!

But if yer up fer a long pilly, Kavlin, look us up. Mine are usually at least 3 hrs long and have been known to go for 7 hrs or more. Bagels (baglah's to the newcommers) and brigs mostly, and I have a lot of repeat jobbers, although I do avoid the inter arch. 12/0 last night plus blood, and I do reward +'s for mates who stay a certain # of battles (over half the trip).

Many of my crew are American, so we're usually out evenings and late night (late late nights!) east coast time, unless of course we're jobbing for you!
TammyGal
Cobalt Ocean
SO & former Captain of Boochin' Drunks - One of the founding crews of Cobalt
Lady of the all-grown-up CAPS LOCK Kiddies, Super Awesomeness!!
(awesome avatar by Darkfaery!)
[Dec 21, 2007 8:58:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://superawesomepp.proboards100.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
finest_fiend

And you can also contact me (Finestdeath). I normally go out on my war brigs before and after reboots =).
Finestdeath of the Cobalt Ocean
Captain of AngelicScars
Lord of Super Awesomeness
[Dec 21, 2007 9:01:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
gooblenka

Keep in mind, though, that 5 battles takes about an hour-ish to complete. I don't know many people that want to play the same damn puzzle for 2+ hours in a row. It gets old very quickly, especially for those of us who have played the game for a while, and have already put in hours upon hours of playing the same puzzles.
Jooles @ Frostmourne.
[Dec 21, 2007 9:04:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
1FILIUS

Found your Stats YokoMoko

http://viridian.puzzlepirates.com/yoweb/pirate.wm?target=Yokomoko
[Edit 2 times, last edit by 1FILIUS at Dec 23, 2007 8:10:24 AM]
[Dec 23, 2007 8:06:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
YokoMoko

Found your Stats YokoMoko

http://viridian.puzzlepirates.com/yoweb/pirate.wm?target=Yokomoko

Thanks! That will be so much easier :) <3
Yokomoko - Hunter

Cairi wrote:

[Dec 23, 2007 8:11:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates