• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 6
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2025 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
selgnij

Will a /gift from a dubscribed account protect from the purge? Reply to this Post

Well, having browsed the forums for a while, I've gotten a few things I think are correct.

1) Dubscribing does not protect from the purge.

2) A /gift will.

3) Any person can have more than one account, although 3 is the recommended maximum.

If all that is correct, then what if someone does this:

Dubscribes a second account with two months.
/gifts his/her main account 1 month.

Is this allowed? And if it is would it protect the main account from a purge?
----------------------------------------
JJI of Malachite.
[Dec 12, 2007 11:58:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

Re: Will a /gift from a dubscribed account protect from the purge? Reply to this Post

1. Doubscribing does protect from the purge.

2. Subscribing by /gift appears to protect from the purge, but I keep forgetting to run the experiment meself.

3. There is no maximum number of accounts. There is a maximum of 3 unpaid accounts. You can have unlimited paid accounts.

Your scenario I find a bit weirdly pointless, probably because it assumes doubscribing doesn't protect an account, which is incorrect.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. ~ Jack Layton

Sublime is shame.
[Dec 12, 2007 1:39:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
selgnij

Re: Will a /gift from a dubscribed account protect from the purge? Reply to this Post

Ah, well then, as you pointed out, if doubscribing protects from the purge, its kind of pointless. Thanks.
JJI of Malachite.
[Dec 12, 2007 2:24:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

1. Doubscribing does protect from the purge.

2. Subscribing by /gift appears to protect from the purge, but I keep forgetting to run the experiment meself.

3. There is no maximum number of accounts. There is a maximum of 3 unpaid accounts. You can have unlimited paid accounts.

Your scenario I find a bit weirdly pointless, probably because it assumes doubscribing doesn't protect an account, which is incorrect.

this is an OLD post.. but it has incorrect info... according the ypp....

The following actions are known NOT to protect the pirates on an account:
Buying doubloons from the doubloon exchange
Coinscribing does not protect an account from purging
/gift does not protect an account from purging
Pegasiswolf- Captain of Dream Catchers and Queen of Fleet of Dreams -Emerald

host of XMAS IN JULY event

"maintaining a positive attitude may not fix all of lifes problems, but it should annoy enough ppl to make it worth the effort"
[Feb 1, 2015 9:03:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
TexasBeesh

I have gifted many many of my alts and I get this when my time has run out:

Whether ye continue to play as a lowly freeloader or nay, yer Pirate will be safe and sound should ye decide to subscribe again in the future. We look forward to your return!

It doesn't seem to be able to distinguish gift from sub. Once, two years went by and none of my gifted alts were purged.

Am OM responded here BUT - I still get the same e-mail and have never had a gifted pirate purge.
Seatexan - on the Midnight side of Cerulean
LOW RACK PRICES AT DRESSED TO KILL - NAMATH
Always looking for Pollack Sloops!
[Feb 2, 2015 12:38:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

this is an OLD post.. but it has incorrect info... according the ypp....

The following actions are known NOT to protect the pirates on an account:
Buying doubloons from the doubloon exchange
Coinscribing does not protect an account from purging

Be aware that the yppedia is mostly written by players and has known problems. In particular, that text you quoted was mostly written by me based on claims made by OMs/developer statements. I could be mis-interpreting what they said, they could be incorrect about how the program actually works (aka bugs), things could have changed between the time the ringers posted stuff and now, etc.

As Seatexan mentions, she is testing this stuff to make sure the yppedia is accurate and has found some strange/conflicting info.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Feb 2, 2015 1:34:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates