• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 106
Posts: 106   Pages: 4   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 49601 times and has 105 replies Next Thread
seb_long_uk

Requests for Blog post content Reply to this Post

*pokes Cleaver*

Any requests for future Blog content? Personally I'd love to see the Captain give us a little speech; Gawd knows it's been a long time.
----------------------------------------
Domokun
Avatar by the incredible Tilinka
[Edit 1 times, last edit by seb_long_uk at Dec 7, 2007 7:32:36 PM]
[Dec 7, 2007 7:04:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    My other sloop is a Gold/Gold rename [Link]  Go to top 
Nordenx

Re: Requests for Blog post content Reply to this Post

More in-depth game dev status reports on projects (code & art). ;)

More party pics would be nice but then again they just make me jealous. tongue
Nordenx of Viridian

Mariner's Used
[Dec 7, 2007 8:42:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shikyo

I know I petitioned a while ago for more cat photos from a certain OM, though at this point I'd settle for bunnies.

Now I think about it, wrong blog, but SOMEONE needs to post D. If you read this, you know who you are. Go do so. I'm horrible with commenting but I read things.
Cassis, Sage
Evil Mastermind

A quick wit's best accompanied by quick reflexes.
Save Scrappeh!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Shikyo at Dec 8, 2007 12:48:34 AM]
[Dec 8, 2007 12:44:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
anchovygirl

*pokes Cleaver*

Any requests for future Blog content? Personally I'd love to see the Captain give us a little speech; Gawd knows it's been a long time.
With a bottle of Jack Daniels in his hand? And I also would like to see Cleaver post.
Anchovia
[Dec 8, 2007 4:55:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Benzene265

It's their blog, they should be able to write about whatever they please.

Now that I got reason out of the way, I think you should be able to pay your way into the blog, but probably with PoE, doubs, or ingame items rather than paper clips. >.> Much like the Azure Memorial, people would be encouraged to sink massive amounts of ingame personalty and moneys for their very own blog entry. The fact that the forums, YPPedia, and free web hosting exist will in no way influence whether people pony up or not. Really, people wear gold to show off, for Cleaver's sake. Clearly, common sense won't stop a blog PoEsink. >.>

Ground rules, such as "no obvious advertising.", and "splchk pls" are optional. Although I have no desire to read an endless string of shop and blockade ads for other oceans, "no ads" would mean no ads for the Rhodin Revolution, either. Hopefully, there aren't many guidelines at all, and entries are chosen based on 1. Amount of booty forked and 2. Readability. Of course, based on that first qualification, I'll never have a well-tanned ad in the blog, anyway. I can just post it here for free. But, I'm sure there's someone out there with PoE to burn.
A Ghyslaine and a Rhodin for every Ocean, but mostly on Viridian.
Make the natural choice for our oceans: Google Rhodin Blonde!
[Dec 8, 2007 1:39:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Have you considered becoming a well-tanned blonde? [Link]  Go to top 
AhoyLindsay

Even if someone isn't advertising a shop or blockade, they can still be advertising themselves. I think it would be great if the devs wanted to invite a player to write a blog-but there is no way I would ever support being able to pay to write a blog entry.
Castawayjoe of the Midnight Ocean.
To err is human, but to arr is pirate.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Catharsis on Cobalt and Malachite.
[Dec 8, 2007 1:49:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hypnos
OceanMaster

Har, I'll pass the good word along.

The captain keeps himself mighty busy all year 'round, but I know he does his best to hop on when he has time. We had an inn party the other day on Sage and I hear tell of a Cleaver doll passed 'round the tourney board.

D'you suppose the Cleaver doll's knife is tiny and sharp, or made of felt?
face down in the soup again - Avatar by Sharktail of Sage
Cnuofesd of Viridian wrote: 
I regually snort porridge oats up my nose too.

[Dec 10, 2007 2:05:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cleaver
Captain

I am a bad blogger. I will try to be better in 2008.
[Dec 10, 2007 2:43:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Pianoman1125

T'is all we ask.

(Oh, and maybe some updated pics of baby Nemo would be nice. Soooo cyoote!)

~The Maestro
Muffynz
A Cartographer

Member of Crimson Tide
YPPedia Admin
Not-so-secretly conducting the oceans since 2003.
[Dec 10, 2007 2:45:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Pianoman1125    Your average cupcake is just not as tasty. [Link]  Go to top 
seb_long_uk

You promised an update to TheFloggingWillContinue whilst we were chatting on you-know-where, and that never came either!

No more Whiskey for you! *swipes Cleavers supply until he writes a blog entry*
Domokun
[Dec 10, 2007 3:06:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    My other sloop is a Gold/Gold rename [Link]  Go to top 
Jirges

Can I suggest the blogging about the reasoning in certain releases? Cause some of us are just left scratching our head, pondering, gossiping, and that never leads to anything good long term in terms of trust and respect. (gossip I mean)

thank!
Mentos ~ Wicked Peace

Mentos says, "im a tart huh? i thought mentos were sweet?"
Ladysheena says, "you're the sour apple kind"
[Dec 12, 2007 3:52:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hypnos
OceanMaster

Which issues are you referring to? I'll take a wild guess and say removing the memming ability from swabby ship transport?

[Dec 12, 2007 6:25:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shikyo

Which issues are you referring to? I'll take a wild guess and say removing the memming ability from swabby ship transport?

No. It's naming Brynhild Skullsplitter...uh...Brynhild Skullsplitter instead of the far superior Erika Thunderpants. Why did you change it??
Cassis, Sage
Evil Mastermind

Save Scrappeh!
[Dec 12, 2007 7:25:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jirges

Hypnos wrote: 

How'd you guess? lol
I mean, I think I understand it, like you want going to sea = risk of engagement, but when you don't post it somewhere, it leaves it open to interpetation, and false assumptions. Theres some now who are like "OMs r ebil cus dey dont lik solo plyrz" which most know isnt the case, and a little information somewhere would put those fears to rest really quickly. Especially when THAT change was made the day before the release, and we only had a day to talk about it in the ice forums, where as other stuff had more discussion oppurtunities.

Although, 3 white enamel for the frosty pine is also....funny. Granted I've never flocked a tree, but wouldnt like 15 units of white paint do the trick? It would probably be less weight on the branches.

I know you guys like us discovering mysterys, and some things should be left to the imagination, but when you talk to us, it helps build better bonds.

Edit: And i SO wanted to beat a Thunderpants instead of a Skullsplitter....
Mentos ~ Wicked Peace

Mentos says, "im a tart huh? i thought mentos were sweet?"
Ladysheena says, "you're the sour apple kind"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Jirges at Dec 13, 2007 1:15:48 PM]
[Dec 13, 2007 1:14:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hypnos
OceanMaster

's an exploit. It's duty navigation standing protection. I understand that people were happy to pay money to puzzle in peace, but I do not believe the resulting inability to get an ultimate in a puzzle without being willing to pony up money and nav for leagues upon leagues without interruption or porting is fair.

[Dec 14, 2007 5:51:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
B_licker

But the new release does absolutely nothing about that exploit. It's still possible to puzzle on a swabbie transport ship without interruption, getting high puzzle scores in the process. The only thing the new release disables is memorization, which has nothing to do with stat protection.
[Dec 14, 2007 8:48:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shikyo

But the new release does absolutely nothing about that exploit. It's still possible to puzzle on a swabbie transport ship without interruption, getting high puzzle scores in the process. The only thing the new release disables is memorization, which has nothing to do with stat protection.

Well, to be fair, it does something. People seem to be more upset at the inability to pay for memming than they are at getting ults, so less people might puzzle because they don't want to puzzle without the league points. Or...something. I don't know, my logic trains tend to ride along straight and direct and rather blunt rails.
Cassis, Sage
Evil Mastermind

Save Scrappeh!
[Dec 14, 2007 9:03:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pauling

I have to admit, I do enjoy the posts about office life (secret room!!!) and the development process- it's interesting to see what goes into a release.

I'm also entertained about the details underlying OOO's other games as well- I admit I've taken to thinking of the Y!PP blog as more of an overall company effort. But I get the sense that there's a lot of nifty ringers we don't see much of, working behind the scenes on non-Y!PP projects.

(Plus, Sheriff Mike's blog? Last updated in February- I was kind of surprised there wasn't at least a "one year since official release" birthday post for Bang Howdy.)
Pauling of the Lost Lot, Sagemerald
Officer emeritus and occasional cabin person
Puppetar (and drawing of secret Blackthorpe plans) by the talented Tilinka
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Pauling at Dec 16, 2007 6:35:48 PM]
[Dec 16, 2007 6:34:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fjandr

's an exploit. It's duty navigation standing protection. I understand that people were happy to pay money to puzzle in peace, but I do not believe the resulting inability to get an ultimate in a puzzle without being willing to pony up money and nav for leagues upon leagues without interruption or porting is fair.

I seriously don't understand the correlation between removing memming and removing the ability to dnav uninterrupted for long periods. You can still dnav, or sail, or bilge, or carp, or gun, without interruption, for as long as you can get a swabbie route charted. Or were standing changes (at least positive ones) removed from swabbie mode without being listed in the game changes?

I can see standing protection in blockades/flotillas/Atlantis being detrimental to real duty standing lists, but removing memming seems to have no bearing on standing protection in swabbie mode for ANY ship puzzle (unless I'm missing something pretty major).

I'm not really up for arguing pro or con about the changes, since I've ground out plenty of memmed points over many hours prior to the swabbie mode changes and can do so again, but the rationale escapes me completely.
Nemesis wrote "And by special request - it now auto-bans people who say "pilly" and "lucker"."

Fjandr
Captain of Yeyi Xoxocti Coatl - Emerald
Projects: Weathered Helm
[Dec 17, 2007 6:18:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hypnos
OceanMaster

Ah, you're quite correct. I've checked and here we go:

The intent of ship swabbie transport is you turning your vessel over to swabbies, not hiring extra crew. This should discourage things that you would do with a crew such as sailing, pillaging, memorizing, but not disallow you to puzzle if you want to help the ship along.

I think memming is supposed to be an added bonus to doing the duty puzzle while you are pillaging or running voyages. It is not supposed to be a goal in and of itself. Granted, people can run solo voyages on sloops to memorize routes, but that's their business.

It's not a perfect solution, and I do know that there are plenty of folks on both sides of the issue. We'll see how it plays out.

[Dec 19, 2007 4:38:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fjandr

Thanks for the clarification. :)
Nemesis wrote "And by special request - it now auto-bans people who say "pilly" and "lucker"."

Fjandr
Captain of Yeyi Xoxocti Coatl - Emerald
Projects: Weathered Helm
[Dec 19, 2007 9:19:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
seb_long_uk

"A doodle in the life of *insert Ringer here*"

I love seeing the doodles and artwork of your very talented arrrtists, (which is why I have all your SketchBlogs bookmarked! Mwahah! ), but we rarely see the doodles of our beloved OMs!

I know that Hypnos' desk must be covered in doodles of little pink slippers, and Ceph must go through Lime highlighters like Rhodin goes through Fake Tan and Hair Dye...

Do any of the Ringers have other secret talents?
Domokun
[Edit 1 times, last edit by seb_long_uk at Dec 20, 2007 2:57:51 AM]
[Dec 20, 2007 2:57:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    My other sloop is a Gold/Gold rename [Link]  Go to top 
Benzene265

I know that Hypnos' desk must be covered in doodles of little pink slippers, and Ceph must go through Lime highlighters like Rhodin goes through Fake Tan and Hair Dye...

It's all natural. >.>It says so on the bottle...
A Ghyslaine and a Rhodin for every Ocean, but mostly on Viridian.
Make the natural choice for our oceans: Google Rhodin Blonde!
[Dec 23, 2007 4:38:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Have you considered becoming a well-tanned blonde? [Link]  Go to top 
Peanutswench

No. It's naming Brynhild Skullsplitter...uh...Brynhild Skullsplitter instead of the far superior Erika Thunderpants. Why did you change it??

I have to admit that the news of this change left me saddened and disillusioned. Until the name is reverted to the rightful Thunderpants, I will fast in protest.....

Ooo Holiday candy... Never mind!
Peanutswench
------
[Dec 24, 2007 11:21:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
t0rqt

3 things i'd love to see:

• a rotating weekly blog post from among all the oOo staff
  • a "ship's log" post, when those staff who play the game, play it
  • developers thoughts on gaming, in general

oh, and of course, hypnos continuing as the blog-uberlord...
erro : karma (mid&mala) - bad company (hun)

artemis: ...most people voted for "ur mom"

[Dec 28, 2007 10:26:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cateline

Oceanus greeter chats, "Interesting. OM chat is full of questions."

Request for blog content: "Top Ten (or more) Favoritest Questions Received while on OM Duty"
Lady of Honor Above All
Owner, Monkey Jackets on Scrimshaw
[Dec 29, 2007 11:16:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hermes
Developer

Spy's sapping my blog post! Reply to this Post

I am deadly with a bone saw.
[Jan 2, 2008 12:31:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com [Link]  Go to top 
Apollo
OceanMaster

I have several, and intend to keep them that way. *winks*
You know about the beer bottle genius already, though, so that doesn't count as secret.
[Jan 6, 2008 12:53:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
seb_long_uk

Spoil sport! ;P
Domokun
[Jan 7, 2008 1:09:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    My other sloop is a Gold/Gold rename [Link]  Go to top 
Cephalopod
Developer

Spoil sport! ;P

Believe me; I've seen at least some of them, and you're better off not knowing.

Some things simply cannot be unseen.
[Jan 7, 2008 9:46:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 106   Pages: 4   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates