• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 234
Posts: 234   Pages: 8   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 30098 times and has 233 replies Next Thread
Nemo
Artist

The Seizure and Trial of Accused Witch: ARTEMIS

Part I, Creative Logic:
The Goddess of the Hunt is running scared! Recent allegations of magick have been disputed by her thus far, but we fear that is no longer the case. Early this morning, screenshot paparazzi caught sight of her fleeing into the forest dressed fully in Black and Lime, colors which everyone knows to be associated with the very blackest forms of witchcraft.

Wanted:
Artemis, goddess of the hunt is wanted in conjunction with the alleged use of magick and practicing the darkest forms of witchcraft known to Puzzle-kind. Suspect is armed and considered extremely dangerous. I should know...

10k Reward:
Anyone with further information on the suspect is encouraged to come forward (protection will be GUARANTEED![size=10]*) Information recieved will be reviewed on a case by case basis, the reward being given only to the best proof of her guilt.[size=10]+) Information submitted MUST be recieved 24 hours before a trial to give prosecutors sufficient time to review any evidence.

[size=10]* No guarantees
[size=10]+ Valid sources of proof include, but are not limited to: Forum posts, Chat Logs, Historical References/Data or anything else really, assuming sufficient humor or reasoning (Accuracy may be checked!)

We will not have any burnings without a proper trial! Then the burning.

Part II, Treasure Ship
In Bobs's valiant duel with the Accused on Alpha Island he managed to momentarily shift the winds of Change in our favor with a crushing blow. In her evil rage she banished the poor lad, but while doing so, she didn't notice Edward, who snuck behind and pulled a scrap of paper from one of her many chthonic pouches.

We believe the letter was intended for her minions, if we can decipher it, we may know how to intercept her.
Artemis wrote: 
Make ready to fly! I call upon your black skills in defense of my estate in this world.

With all my power and the Names of your Fathers I summon thee Northern Gales! Attend to me at the eighth hour past Witching this Day of Tius!
And in the mean, prepare your tides, Black Waves, to guard the gold in a sea of red! In Woden's Time I call to thee for aid at five past the Canon's Nones!

Part III, Court Illustrations
The logic is coming along well, but now, with all these purported acts of witchery, I fear the illiterate masses require a medium with more punch than our mere words. And the image is worth a thousand.

Post here or send me your faithful visual depictions of the Accused at her most diabolical. A painting is like a witness, only better!

The best illustration will win a noteworthy prize, should we attain a Conviction.

Part IV, War!
On Thursday, June Third, at 3:05 PDT, the foul witch Artemis and all her forces of darkness shall descend upon the isle she seems mad enough to think should be hers: Winter Solstice. Perhaps in vengeance against Ninjaguy who first revealed her secret? Perhaps because the island was once hers and her crafty ego cannot abide another master?
We care not for the reason why. We care instead for the poor souls upon that rock and the thousands all over the Ocean who may be next!
Join with us! Defend what was rightfully won and perhaps we may even capture this Witch and end her evils once and for all!

Update:
A glorious battle it was! Thanks to all who helped! You all fought bravely!
In her villainy, the Witch came aboard our vessel to curse and distract us in our hour of need. She duelled with me while all about us the ships were firing and sinking. And for her vanity she paid! Down went the Flying House, with Artemis and myself with it!
Now, I, being a normal mortal, merely floated to the surface, but Artemis the accused Witch was deprived of her powers! She now awaits Trial under lock and key.

Part V, Trial
Sunday is a good day for witch-trying. Unless they are unseated in their prowess, Rubyspoon and Ninjaguy will be prosecutors. But Artemis needs a Defense! Post your Logical arguments here to argue for the Accused at the Trial!
----------------------------------------
[Edit 8 times, last edit by Nemo at May 31, 2004 5:56:39 AM]
[May 31, 2004 5:56:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rick9109

Re: The Seizure and Trial of Accused Witch: ARTEMIS

It is clear, my friends, that Artemis is a witch.

Her crew name is "WWS!" Everyone knows that stands for "Wicked Witch of the South!" Everyone knows how evil she was.

If she was to pay her jobbers, she'd only pay them a measly 1/2 a share of the booty. But she doesn't pay her jobbers! She has a 100% crew cut! EVIL! Her ship is named "Black Catfish" doubly evil!

While attempting to subdue her, she cursed me to lack of breakers. Yet this was not the only incident of this nature: in a battle against a drunken distinguished swabie yesterday, I was woefully embarrassed in the same manner! If she could curse me to lose in the past, then she surely is evil.

She also used a spell to disconnect Bobs after a simultaneous display of poor sportsmen and swordsmanship. Also, in further news she cursed someone with FREE PANTS! Pants-OF EVIL!!

Update: she also was spotted on a broomstick!

Her minion, Baldur, who misguidedly sought to defend her was pitifully armed with only a stick. A stick of evil, mind you, but a stick nonetheless. Perhaps she armed her minion with such a weapon because it was a magic stick OF EVIL!

She also boared the ship called "Naughty Moonfish killer" that name is THREE WORDS LONG! A clear display of abuse of powerful magik!

Case closed!

Burn her! Burn her!
Rome
Pirates of the Damned, Crimson Tide.
I don't care what it did to them, the game's been good to me.
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Rick9109 at May 31, 2004 5:59:48 AM]
[May 31, 2004 5:59:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    rick9109    cactusrome [Link]  Go to top 
Nemo
Artist

Hmm... have you any visual aids to make this case more compelling? Have any of you? Keep building that evidence!
[May 31, 2004 6:17:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dsabob69

She has Crew cut at 100%.
She calls everyone Fool's.
She has her shares maxed and rip's off the jobbers.
And she looks liek a witch with her costume.
And I caught her on a ship called Black Catfish and was caught on a broomstick.
She loged me off as I was the only one to defeat her in a duel.
Her crew name is WWS meaning mabye Wicked Witch of the South.
She told someone to go jump of a pier.
Bobs shouts, "Once again ye log me!" She replies by saying Artemis shouts, "Enough! I'm away to curse ye vessels!"
Found on the vessel Naughty Moonfish Killer.
[Edit 2 times, last edit by dsabob69 at May 31, 2004 6:19:42 AM]
[May 31, 2004 6:19:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sian

Well, I saw her on the docks at Winter Solstice. I lost a swordfight to her and my standing seems to have gone up! Now, if that's not witchcraft I don't know what is.

She was standing right on the edge of the pier. I crept up behind her, shouted boo and she didn't jump at all. I expected her to fall in the sea. Now, me doing that is enough to scare anyone. Only a witch would not flinch at all.
Skullcracker
Senior Officer (and definitely not cook) of Wyverns Pride
Member of the flag Broadsiders
Midnight Ocean
[May 31, 2004 6:29:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Beardsly

I beat her!

I saw and beat that witch on Alpha docks about 5:30pm EDT, but she logged me off before I could get a picture or chat log.....what an evil witch!

I will get you!
Thank Ye,
Beardsly
S.O of the Bluenosers
Lord of the flag Dark Judgement
[May 31, 2004 6:33:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
AkMedic

She put a pox on Imperio. That alone proves her malfeasance! :)
Captain of the greatest crew in the seas.
King of the honorable and just flag Imperio.

Retired

Adversus solem ne loquitor
[May 31, 2004 6:37:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    AlaskanParamedic [Link]  Go to top 
Nemo
Artist

Update!
Look to the top of the thread for new information.

Also, please post with links, images, or compelling argument to follow up the investigation!
[May 31, 2004 6:42:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sian

Hmm... I think I was at Alpha, but I'm sure she was at WS when I caught up with her. Strange! She's put a confusion spell on me.
Skullcracker
Midnight Ocean
[May 31, 2004 6:42:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rick9109

Rome
[May 31, 2004 6:44:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    rick9109    cactusrome [Link]  Go to top 
dsabob69

[Edit 1 times, last edit by dsabob69 at May 31, 2004 6:45:51 AM]
[May 31, 2004 6:45:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nemo
Artist

Hmm... if we could get a man on the inside to see her private statement, now that would be something...
[May 31, 2004 6:46:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sian

It would appear that Artemis has been using a broomstick - definite evidence of her beign a witch, I would say!

Skullcracker
Midnight Ocean
[May 31, 2004 6:56:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nemo
Artist

Remember that Logic is even better than direct evidence! If anyone can infallably prove her guilt with Logical discourse, that should seal the case!
[May 31, 2004 6:57:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
AkMedic

Only a true witch would take 100% of the booty. Case closed:)
Captain of the greatest crew in the seas.
King of the honorable and just flag Imperio.

Retired

Adversus solem ne loquitor
[May 31, 2004 7:00:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    AlaskanParamedic [Link]  Go to top 
Beardsly

Black Ship - Witch

Artemis wrote:
Make ready to fly! I call upon your black skills in defense of my estate in this world.

With all my power and the Names of your Fathers I summon thee Northern Gales! Attend to me at the eighth hour past Witching this Day of Tius!
And in the mean, prepare your tides, Black Waves, to guard the gold in a sea of red! In

She is calling upon the skills of the black ship, where she lives and protect the gold of the entire ocean.
Thank Ye,
Beardsly
S.O of the Bluenosers
[May 31, 2004 7:01:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Spin

She spelled broomstick wrong, too! And as we all know, witches can't spell!

Burn her!
Spin - Sleeping In
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Spin at May 31, 2004 7:03:03 AM]
[May 31, 2004 7:03:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nemo
Artist

Re: Black Ship - Witch

Beardsly wrote: 
She is calling upon the skills of the black ship, where she lives and protect the gold of the entire ocean.

Aye... if only we knew when...
[May 31, 2004 7:03:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Beardsly

It is Posedion

I think it is Poseidon.

He rules the ocean and the letter talks about protecting her home with the black skills (ship). The black ship protects the ocean with its flying around.

It has to be Poseidon!
Thank Ye,
Beardsly
S.O of the Bluenosers
[May 31, 2004 7:08:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Liani

Artemis just got on board the ship I'm jobbing on, cursed us, and blessed the brigands we were fighting.

But we got KB when we whupped them, so maybe she shouldn't burn. Maybe she's a saint!
Liani,
Ambassador to the Looterati
Captain, Far Too Jolly Rogers
[May 31, 2004 7:10:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    coloradomela [Link]  Go to top 
Dorel

She's able to appear and dissapear on a ship at will!
Hermes wrote: 
Gather round, folks, for the Ballad of Dorel the Invulnerable!
silverkitty wrote: 
The ocean is dangerous, bring a lifejacket.

[May 31, 2004 7:11:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    CeeJayDorel [Link]  Go to top 
Sian

I was on Turtle and she cursed everyone!

Skullcracker
Midnight Ocean
[May 31, 2004 7:12:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Morrigan

Only a witch would need a waterproof outfit!

Someone plank her!
~Beryl
Captain of the Pernicious Plunderers
Queen of the Alliterative Aristocracy
Owner- Terran Wear, Gaea
[May 31, 2004 7:21:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SailinTony

I saw her on the Fallen Angelfish. (Screenie later) She is not only a witch, but Satanic.
Long-dormant Sailintony , Midnight.
Actively Carlbert, Emerald.
[May 31, 2004 7:22:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rick9109

Rome
[May 31, 2004 7:23:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    rick9109    cactusrome [Link]  Go to top 
Rick9109

Look at my client!
Rome
[May 31, 2004 7:26:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    rick9109    cactusrome [Link]  Go to top 
Morrigan

And in the mean, prepare your tides, Black Waves, to guard the gold in a sea of red! In Woden's Time I call to thee for aid at five past the Canon's Nones

Canon's nones is 3pm- Woden is associated with Wednesday.

The witching hour is midnight(?)
~Beryl
Captain of the Pernicious Plunderers
Queen of the Alliterative Aristocracy
Owner- Terran Wear, Gaea
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Morrigan at May 31, 2004 7:37:19 AM]
[May 31, 2004 7:37:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Artemis
OceanMaster

Morrigan wrote: 
Only a witch would need a waterproof outfit!
Someone plank her!

Bring it on. I can walk on water. PFFT.
[May 31, 2004 7:43:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nothing

Hello.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Nothing at May 31, 2004 7:49:08 AM]
[May 31, 2004 7:49:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Beardsly

Re: Black Ship - Witch

Nemo wrote: 
Beardsly wrote: 

Aye... if only we knew when...
]

Well per this

prepare your tides, Black Waves

I would say tonight when the tide comes in. Hence the black tides (no light i.e. sun)
Thank Ye,
Beardsly
S.O of the Bluenosers
[May 31, 2004 7:50:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 234   Pages: 8   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates