• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Thread Type: Sticky Thread
Total posts in this thread: 222
Posts: 222   Pages: 8   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 90937 times and has 221 replies Next Thread
PirateJo81

Re: One Pirate's Heartwarming Tale of Subscription Reply to this Post

I have two suggestions for you:

1/ Becoming a pirate....
- Insist on going shopping, and buy piratey clothes.
- A sword would be nice as well.
- Change clothes frequently, in the middle of the street/shop/bank/anywhere.
- Challenge your parents to swordfights, and throw lego blocks at them until they collapse in a big plastic heap.
- Ensure your clothes crumble to dust after a few weeks of wearing them.
- Fire cannonballs at your neighbours house in an attempt to sink them.
- No cannonballs? Use cutlery, rubber ducks, pet gerbils, or whatever else comes to hand.
- Play a real life drinking game on the most valuable piece of furniture in your house.
- Insist on carping at the kitchen table. Fill all the holes, doors will do well for this puzzle too.
- Fill the basement with water and bricks, then spend an hour or so swapping the bricks around to try to make the water level go down. If you have any jellyfish lying around, throw them in too. Ignore the fact that if you take out all the bricks, the water level will drop anyway (displacement theory).
- If you feel the need to sail, do so. You can easily make your own sailing puzzle with some sandstone blocks and a window to drop them from. Midair rotation is harder in real life so practice until your rating goes up.
- Navigation will require you to be sat on the roof in the middle of the night. Do this.
- Only speak in piratey language. "HARRR!!" is a good reply to anything anyone says to you.
- Need new clothes? Go try some on, if you don't like them, walk out of the shop still wearing them so they're automatically removed from you.
- Blockade a local shopping mall with a few of your friends.
- Go foraging in the garden, and return with armfuls of wood, stone, or whatever else grows in your garden. Bear in mind that the less there is of something, the more valuable it is, so grab the rare stuff first.

*will update this list later today so check for edits, gotta get to work now*

2/ Convince them with words
- It costs the same per year as a new PS2 game.

Wow... I like option 1
----------------------------------------
Um, what do I type here?
[Feb 16, 2009 4:57:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PirateJo81

Sounds to me like we need an intervention. Everybody grab yer piraty clothes and head fer Aops' house. We'll blockade the driveway until his folks submit.

(Then we start building the fort in the back yard)

YAR!!!
Um, what do I type here?
[Feb 16, 2009 5:05:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PirateJo81

Crooktooth wrote: 
Sounds to me like we need an intervention. Everybody grab yer piraty clothes and head fer Aops' house. We'll blockade the driveway until his folks submit.

(Then we start building the fort in the back yard)

Sinking or non-sinking?

Sinking :)
Um, what do I type here?
[Feb 16, 2009 5:07:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sian316

Reverie wrote: 
I must follow up that I'm not above bribes with my stepson. Two hours spent reading a book will earn an additional hour of game-time. Of course, the book has to be pre-approved (Harry Potter earns time, comic books do not).

I've just read this entire thread and I have to say that I love this comment from Reverie. I don't think that reading is encouraged enough in this day and age.

Also, I'm glad to hear that LukeAlex finally got his subscription...uh, back on page 6! If ye're still in the game, buddy, then I hope you're enjoying it. I also hope that you're still doing the chores for your parents or, if you're old enough by now and have moved out of home that you've discovered why they needed your help with the chores to begin with! ;) I also hope that you stayed in school and graduated and that one day you'll come and give us an update on how you're doing cause five years is a long time! :P
Independant contractor in Songmuse's Familiar Shoulder Sitting Service.

Our motto: If it ain't sitting on a shoulder, it ain't safe!
[Apr 19, 2009 8:38:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Spoland

WOW is all I can say. I read this entire thread and I loved it. It's been REALLY long now since someone last posted. I think this thread deserves to be read more often by all, parents and their kids. It makes me so happy to hear about people enjoying this game so long ago because it really is the best. I can imagine that some of you "kids" who posted way back in 2004 are definately older now and I hope you're still having fun now. I bet this thread helped many people so I can see why it's stickied. This game has developed into so much more since 2004, lol. Love you all, keep having fun. :)
Spoland - Viridian Ocean - Robbed by Puzzle Pirates.
[Jan 7, 2011 5:06:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RRueda

I have two suggestions for you:

1/ Becoming a pirate....
- Insist on going shopping, and buy piratey clothes.
- A sword would be nice as well.
- Change clothes frequently, in the middle of the street/shop/bank/anywhere.
- Challenge your parents to swordfights, and throw lego blocks at them until they collapse in a big plastic heap.
- Ensure your clothes crumble to dust after a few weeks of wearing them.
- Fire cannonballs at your neighbours house in an attempt to sink them.
- No cannonballs? Use cutlery, rubber ducks, pet gerbils, or whatever else comes to hand.
- Play a real life drinking game on the most valuable piece of furniture in your house.
- Insist on carping at the kitchen table. Fill all the holes, doors will do well for this puzzle too.
- Fill the basement with water and bricks, then spend an hour or so swapping the bricks around to try to make the water level go down. If you have any jellyfish lying around, throw them in too. Ignore the fact that if you take out all the bricks, the water level will drop anyway (displacement theory).
- If you feel the need to sail, do so. You can easily make your own sailing puzzle with some sandstone blocks and a window to drop them from. Midair rotation is harder in real life so practice until your rating goes up.
- Navigation will require you to be sat on the roof in the middle of the night. Do this.
- Only speak in piratey language. "HARRR!!" is a good reply to anything anyone says to you.
- Need new clothes? Go try some on, if you don't like them, walk out of the shop still wearing them so they're automatically removed from you.
- Blockade a local shopping mall with a few of your friends.
- Go foraging in the garden, and return with armfuls of wood, stone, or whatever else grows in your garden. Bear in mind that the less there is of something, the more valuable it is, so grab the rare stuff first.

*will update this list later today so check for edits, gotta get to work now*

2/ Convince them with words
- It costs the same per year as a new PS2 game.

I had the greatest time reading the entire thread but this really made my entire week.

Thank ye all for sharing and for yer awesome ideas. I have a 1 year old "pirate in trainning" who so far can tell ye: Yoho! and Ahoy! I will remember all yer tips when the time comes for her wanting to play online games. (I can't hardly wait) :D

Mighty on Jade
Mightyyova on Viridian
Mightyrox everywhere else

Avvie by Lovely Esta
[Edit 1 times, last edit by RRueda at Jan 17, 2011 2:16:04 PM]
[Jan 14, 2011 3:46:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Miley1

Say that out of all my money Y!PP makes 50% goes to a charity of the buyers choice.
Emerald Ocean
I hate Kaltrina
Giamia says, "whats the cheapest familiar besides a rat"
Ladyhollie greeter chats, "the guy who does the shiny voice in treasure haul...is it the same one from the outback commercials
[Aug 12, 2013 11:05:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    AOL LOOOOOOOOOL    LOL? [Link]  Go to top 
Ant_Eater

I am rather confused by this bump, but subscriptions are great!
Anteater on Cerulean
[Aug 12, 2013 11:30:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Vireyda

Say that out of all my money Y!PP makes 50% goes to a charity of the buyers choice.

Or Y!PP could use what they earn to keep the game we love running and you could just donate an amount to a charity of your choice?
Vireyda
Midnight Cerulean
SO of Phire Phoenix

KP PIMPED my Avvie!
[Aug 12, 2013 11:41:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Miley1

Or Y!PP could use what they earn to keep the game we love running and you could just donate an amount to a charity of your choice?

I put myself in a parents shoes and thought what might make them cave in :p
Emerald Ocean
I hate Kaltrina
Giamia says, "whats the cheapest familiar besides a rat"
Ladyhollie greeter chats, "the guy who does the shiny voice in treasure haul...is it the same one from the outback commercials
[Aug 13, 2013 9:04:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    AOL LOOOOOOOOOL    LOL? [Link]  Go to top 
UJP

An oldy but a goody to add to your confusion Anteater
The Prettiest Ole Salt on the Ocean
Luvverly / Kowhai / Liljake
**Known by this and other names on various oceans**
[Aug 17, 2013 11:37:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Blacktoad3

Re: Nice Reply to this Post

Congrats to the members of this game!

Im am very proud of the positive support all of you have givin 1 young mate in his desire to join our ranks.

Usualy i see so much oppisite in the forums.

I was a hard working youth myself, if theres a will theres a way.

DOES YER STATE RETURN BOTTLES FOR CASH?
"Yo, Ho! Ho! Ho!

Prince BadSanta Born on Cobalt

Avatar by Sir Gummy Bear @ Party Central Radio
[Jul 5, 2015 7:56:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 222   Pages: 8   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates