• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 91
Posts: 91   Pages: 4   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 21073 times and has 90 replies Next Thread
Sammydrisc

Beelzebub

So, i was messing around on a sloop today, and I engaged a random brigand War Frig, but the war frig was not normal, it had a very interesting rename. Even Aphrodite was puzzled by this ship.

Any idea what this is?
----------------------------------------
Treewarf of Hunter and Malachite.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Sammydrisc at Sep 23, 2007 7:23:15 PM]
[Sep 23, 2007 7:22:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Durgonstead

Re: Beelzebub

It's going to eat you!
Drajl.

Flamer tells you, "Drajl, you are the smartest, most incredible, awesomest person ever.

[Sep 23, 2007 7:28:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
gimbo726

Satan has grappled you.

/e throws holy water on Tree, Winnie, Machetemike, and anybody who accompanied him..

Click for free PoEz
[Edit 2 times, last edit by gimbo726 at Sep 23, 2007 7:48:18 PM]
[Sep 23, 2007 7:32:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    gimbo726 [Link]  Go to top 
Machetemike

Very interesting, I had a conversation with Aphrodite about the very same ship, regarding the same circumstances. I later /bugged it, but am happy to know that somebody else encountered it (as silly
/me forgot to take a screenie.)

It engaged us, which in itself was interesting, at about 7pm pirate time. When did you see it?

Edit: My first theory was that it was some kind of Atlantean-controlled ship wrested from defenders after a losing fray, although the bots steering it suggested something else...

Collective craziness?

Yokomoko writes

Sort your sig out, and please get some sort of forum avatar. My respect for people on this ocean starts with proper sigs and them having an avatar, even a Y!PP made one.

Machetemike of Hunter
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Machetemike at Sep 23, 2007 7:39:05 PM]
[Sep 23, 2007 7:34:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Machetemike

Satan has grappled you.

/e throws holy water on Tree.

Br....we were attacked by it with almost 20 people aboard...ye might wanna refill on the water, Gimbo.

Yokomoko writes

Sort your sig out, and please get some sort of forum avatar. My respect for people on this ocean starts with proper sigs and them having an avatar, even a Y!PP made one.

Machetemike of Hunter
[Sep 23, 2007 7:41:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
gimbo726

Edited for your soul's sake : D

Disclaimer: These posts in no way determine my spiritual beliefs. As far as I know, Satan was never aboard a pirate ship pillaging for PoE. Nor am I positive that our PoE can be saved by holy water. I just figured it was worth a shot. kkthxbai : D

Click for free PoEz
[Edit 4 times, last edit by gimbo726 at Sep 23, 2007 7:52:28 PM]
[Sep 23, 2007 7:48:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    gimbo726 [Link]  Go to top 
Tennveil

The bot adjectives are awfully evil D:
[Sep 23, 2007 7:49:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Machetemike

The bot adjectives are awfully evil D:

Weird...ours were often seen ones like 'legless'.

Yokomoko writes

Machetemike of Hunter
[Sep 23, 2007 7:51:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Peridiam

Can I ask what color the might ring was, as well as how many pirates you had aboard (were they elite or not), and any details, however small, about this particular trip leading up to the encounter? i.e. exactly what did you have in your hold?
Matrim, of Hunter
Crew: Metropolis
Loki of Malachite
Crew: Odin's Demise

Jerdan greeter chats, "What is this chat for?"
Oceanus greeter chats, "Abusing other greeters.

[Sep 23, 2007 7:55:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    sorrowfulshingo [Link]  Go to top 
Machetemike

The might ring, I believe, was a light-kinda green, however, this surprised me as we were on a non-elite hard-very hard pilly(the scurvy dog who stole my blige station was able, as were a few others out of twenty or thirty) and thus green circles don't usually attack you...

The rest of the info is pretty easy, as we had very recently deported and carried only rum and shot. (This seems not to be a case of fruity attraction, a la BKs.)

Disappointing thing was, though they were ranked imperials, they only gave us 50 poe per pirate in booty, through BOTH times that they attacked us and lost. (Not much to save there, Gimbo)

I sent off the crew name in the bug report and to Aphrodite, but remember being mezmarized by its creepy SH-SH alliteration...(or so I remember)

Yokomoko writes

Machetemike of Hunter
[Sep 23, 2007 8:20:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Burnt_Water

It's [redacted] soon. ha
Hard and big guide to whack off Brigands
How to make a pirate feel good
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Burnt_Water at Sep 23, 2007 9:06:44 PM]
[Sep 23, 2007 9:05:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Bored en route? Bring a book or puzzle next time. [Link]  Go to top 
Turiaf

Any idea what this is?

Scary. :O
Turiaf - Hunter
[Sep 23, 2007 9:33:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SM_Forums

Saw it twice today - I thought someone was pvping us when we were on our way to Atlantis, then again on a sloop pillage later today. Took the screenie from the sloop.

Swordmaster on Hunter
Timmeh wrote: 
Life is so depressing with pants on.
Current avatar by Tilinka <3
Taking a break.
[Sep 24, 2007 1:26:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Inschato

so, is it the beginning of a new event, or some dev's idea of a practical joke?
-Undisputed Overlord of the Emerald Ocean
[Sep 24, 2007 1:38:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Duck_man2000

Maybe its that 1 million poe WF thats floating around ready to be sank that Oceanus was on about 2 days ago.

Soul
Soulsearcher

On Obsidian.
[Sep 24, 2007 2:22:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
z02

Edit: My first theory was that it was some kind of Atlantean-controlled ship wrested from defenders after a losing fray, although the bots steering it suggested something else...

Collective craziness?

This is what happened. The dragoons overtook a renamed ship that was painted black, and now they're running amuck.
[Sep 24, 2007 3:50:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Frostyspyda

Maybe its that 1 million poe WF thats floating around ready to be sank that Oceanus was on about 2 days ago.

Soul

Heh, maybe, you who saw it, near where was it?
Redspyda,

Hunter
[Sep 24, 2007 4:02:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Duck_man2000

Some really far away place. But when i told Mooch about it. I got no response.
Soulsearcher

On Obsidian.
[Sep 24, 2007 4:18:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Machetemike

so, is it the beginning of a new event, or some dev's idea of a practical joke?

Hmm...it be approaching All Hallow's eve....testing, testing?

Yokomoko writes

Machetemike of Hunter
[Sep 24, 2007 4:46:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TarnumTheRed

For the record, what you have in your hold has no bearing on anything regarding spawn. The belief that fruit in your hold attracts BKs is a myth, and is not true.

There is a small impact on payouts based on PoE in the hold.
Tarnum

Darvid wrote: 
I guess it's just fun to poke the retarded bunny.
Muroni wrote: 
Who isn't sure that leif will let me enter him, but I'm willing to try.

[Sep 24, 2007 8:36:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
smackhead

I personally saw this ship, last night for me i think, jobbing of the notice board. This might not have anything to do with it, but just thought id post it.

Also, when i saw the name, it made me lol.

Smackhead.
Smackhead. Hunter.
Wandering from crew to crew.
[Sep 24, 2007 12:47:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
grizzwg

For the record, what you have in your hold has no bearing on anything regarding spawn. The belief that fruit in your hold attracts BKs is a myth, and is not true.

So if I have 200k and 12 KB's in the bootychest, a million idiots from the local inn wont materialize and try to pvp me? I hate people who engage and then suck, at least put up a good fight :(
Crabitar

Cleansanchez-Hunter-Slippery When Wet
Wokbok tells ye, "Play nice Dickface"
Ye told Wokbok, "Yes mom."
[Sep 24, 2007 12:53:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Grizzwg    Cabinnaw sux [Link]  Go to top 
TarnumTheRed

So if I have 200k and 12 KB's in the bootychest, a million idiots from the local inn wont materialize and try to pvp me? I hate people who engage and then suck, at least put up a good fight :(

Old salts are chaotic at best.; I have seen them say a ship carrying nothing is carrying a large amount. My main point was that carrying fruit does not increase your chances of attracting a BK.
Tarnum

Darvid wrote: 
I guess it's just fun to poke the retarded bunny.
Muroni wrote: 
Who isn't sure that leif will let me enter him, but I'm willing to try.

[Sep 24, 2007 3:06:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kookykiko

I know! It's a new [redacted] for people to make [redacted], and to [redacted] islands!

;)

KariMinger wrote: 
Otherwise, it's just a pretty piece of paper in your booty.

Pucebeard on all oceans but Midnight.
[Edit 2 times, last edit by kookykiko at Sep 24, 2007 3:19:09 PM]
[Sep 24, 2007 3:18:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
elbeejay

[redacted]

Wow, we've been seeing more then the usual amount of these in this thread... O.o
-Elbee on Hunter, Sage, Viridian, and Malachite
[Sep 24, 2007 4:00:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shirato

This ship is Scabard's. He had it in Atlantis once. When I left the ship, he had a lot of dragoons on it. Maybe it's taken over, but it was indeed a ship owned by Scabard. I've been on it. Shame to lose it, though. Renamed and colored black/black and neatly furnished.
Finnigan Yppedia Profile
Finnigan on Viridian
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Shirato at Sep 24, 2007 4:42:03 PM]
[Sep 24, 2007 4:41:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sammydrisc

This ship is Scabard's. He had it in Atlantis once. When I left the ship, he had a lot of dragoons on it. Maybe it's taken over, but it was indeed a ship owned by Scabard. I've been on it. Shame to lose it, though. Renamed and colored black/black and neatly furnished.

Ah, I didn't know that ships you lost to drags would later be seen pillaging with Brigands. Its unfortunate that there is no way to get it back. It would be fun to be able to like /vwho taken over vessels, and then if you go hunt them down, they will be full of drags. If you win then the deed and all the TH poe that was on the ship go into the booty. Well, its fun to imagine.
Treewarf of Hunter and Malachite.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Sammydrisc at Sep 24, 2007 5:21:48 PM]
[Sep 24, 2007 5:19:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
swimer2

Why was he taking a furnished, renamed, black/black ship into Atlantis in the first place, though?
Admire, Hunter Ocean.

[Sep 24, 2007 5:20:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tennveil

Why was he taking a furnished, renamed, black/black ship into Atlantis in the first place, though?

[Sep 24, 2007 5:41:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nick1825

I was with Scabard at the time. He did take that frig in atlantis it was painted Black/Black and furnished. There were 60 dragoons and 57 of us and we lost so they took the ship. Guess they make it for pillying now.
Icyman/hadesx
[Sep 24, 2007 6:43:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 91   Pages: 4   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates