• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 6
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 8777 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
bibop528

Tailoring Puzzle Reply to this Post

Anyone got ideas for tailoring puzzle, my idea is that u have different pieces of clothes and colours and u must cut out the right shape

Any other suggstions

Feller
[Aug 18, 2007 10:47:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CraftingProj

Re: Tailoring Puzzle Reply to this Post

Welcome to the Grand Crafting Puzzle Project! Please read the rules and guidelines . You do not need to know how to program, but you do need to know how to follow directions in order to get your idea to the stage where it can be coded.

We have a number of proposed tailoring puzzles. Here are a few:
Guppy : (any, really) Designer: Tcarr, Cloverwood; Arrtist: Cloverwood(?); Programmer: Tcarr Play now!

Halibut (Tailor) Designer: jdnx429; Arrtist: jdnx429; Programmers: Skovran Play now!

Redband : (Tailor) Designer: Darkviper; Artists : Darkviper, Salmon; Programmer: Endolf Play now!

Snook : (Tailor) designer: Patetch; arrrtist: Patetch/Tcarr; programmers: Tcarr Play now!
[Aug 18, 2007 2:47:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
GigaClon

Anyone got ideas for tailoring puzzle, my idea is that u have different pieces of clothes and colours and u must cut out the right shape

Any other suggstions

Feller

look at the thread for Exocet its a tailoring puzzle, not quite what you are saying but close
[Aug 18, 2007 5:55:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MrSaladin

I had an idea for the tailoring even though it might be too late. Also, I'm no good at programming so maybe someone could elaborate on my idea? It was that there was a piece of cloth with a shape on it in the middle and the player had a certain amount of straight-line cuts to cut the shape as close as possible, kind of like this game:

http://www.miniclip.com/games/fat-slice/en/

except in cloth instead of ice
does that make sense?

also, the shape could be stationary instead of moving like the ball is
and then the game is scored according to how much extra cloth is left over off the shape or how neatly the shape was cut

I hope this isn't too late?
[Jul 4, 2010 3:11:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

The puzzle codenamed Platy was chosen for development into the Tailoring puzzle on January 23, 2008:
http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?p=1377572#1377572
----------------------------------------
[Jul 4, 2010 3:28:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
aaapatti

My idea for a tailoring puzzle would be something similar to the games called Quilting Time and Patchworkz (both can be found at Big Fish Games i believe).

The Quilting Time woulda been great for weaving, & the Patchworkz would be more suited to tailoring. The Patchworks starts you out with a few peices of fabric on the board (kind of like a jigsaw), & then you place all the other pieces in the correct places. You cant see all the pieces at once...& dont know what size they are til you pick them up. When you place a piece, another will appear.

Its entertaining & varies in difficuly & time length. I dont design games or anything but I am and always have been a puzzler...well, a gamer in general...lol. I am sure that it would be very simple to design & simple to play...(simple, but entertaining & very relevant to tailoring).

[Jul 18, 2010 2:59:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates