• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 202
Posts: 202   Pages: 7   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 21435 times and has 201 replies Next Thread
scupperer

Jubilee: Scupperer's Extortionist Fun

After a perfectly reasonable offer to Riddlemakers was rejected this afternoon, R.I. has decided to enter the Jubilee blockade against Riddlemakers. We will be fielding at least one ship at all times with the sole purpose of hunting RM ships and sinking them.

This all could have been easily avoided if they'd just agreed to cancel their event blockade on Swampfen, and accepted my most generous offer of 1 million in either poe or ships. Naturally, as a businessman, this offer is still open until the last hour or so before the blockade begins, should they change their mind.

Until then, I'm the jobbing contact, or it will be listed in my /away message on the day of the blockade. I'll be matching VG's pay of 1000/round. (200/segment) I'll be bringing in at least 1 GF, probably 2, and then as many WF's as are needed to inflict maximum damage.

Oh, and be sure to buy your paint from Prolix! Help fund the chaos!
----------------------------------------
I believe that we are all, openly or secretly, struggling against one or another kind of nihilism. - Ellen Willis
[Edit 2 times, last edit by scupperer at Jul 19, 2007 3:43:52 PM]
[Jul 19, 2007 2:30:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.scupperer.com [Link]  Go to top 
Flak_88

Re: Jubilee: Scupperer's Extortionist Fun

I lubs you too Scup!

Edit-Wait 1000 per segment, VG better up their pay a bit from 1000 per round :)

Edit2, ahh Scup caught his errors.

P.S. 1 I'm glad edit buttons works again.
Flakcannon, on all English Oceans, except that imposter on Malachite.
Farming, cleaning up your poo, and making you drink it.
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Flak_88 at Jul 19, 2007 2:44:17 PM]
[Jul 19, 2007 2:42:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    habhabhabhab [Link]  Go to top 
WenchCleo

Wow, Scup, at least be honest about your extortion... you threatened that you would drop on Swampfen or Jubilee if we didn't GIVE you Swampfen... at least get it right...
Tikao of Viridian Meridian Ocean
Captain of Dark Horizon, Queen of Brink of Dawn

Martobain wrote: 
This thread is like a spanish soap series, I don't have a clue what they are saying and all the actors suck.

[Jul 19, 2007 2:45:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
scupperer

Wow, Scup, at least be honest about your extortion... you threatened that you would drop on Swampfen or Jubilee if we didn't GIVE you Swampfen... at least get it right...

You told Tikao, "Ah, good.  What he didn't know is that I'm
willing to pay up to 1 million poe to make the offer more palatable,
either in poe or mixed with ships, already at Jubilee"

That was pretty clear, but I understand how communication can get garbled when one rejects the offer before it is read.
I believe that we are all, openly or secretly, struggling against one or another kind of nihilism. - Ellen Willis
[Edit 3 times, last edit by scupperer at Jul 19, 2007 3:01:33 PM]
[Jul 19, 2007 2:52:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.scupperer.com [Link]  Go to top 
WenchCleo

oh, I read your offer Scup... I wasn't talking about when you were talking to me...
Tikao of Viridian Meridian Ocean
Captain of Dark Horizon, Queen of Brink of Dawn

Martobain wrote: 
This thread is like a spanish soap series, I don't have a clue what they are saying and all the actors suck.

[Jul 19, 2007 3:00:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
scupperer

oh, I read your offer Scup... I wasn't talking about when you were talking to me...

My original offer:
You told Zao, "If y'all cancel the event blockade on Swampfen,
and we reach a nice agreement over price; I'd be happy to stay out of
the fray at Jubilee"

[Jul 19, 2007 3:01:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.scupperer.com [Link]  Go to top 
Ubilaz

You rock.
Kyushi
Vicious
[Jul 19, 2007 4:39:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotus_elise3

You rock.

A Confirmed Basterd, Antix
Of Guerrilla Warfare 2018 fame

[Jul 19, 2007 4:45:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jolyma

Oh my. I do believe I see an Antix.
Jolyma

[Jul 19, 2007 4:46:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mcfunky

This all could have been easily avoided if they'd just agreed to cancel their event blockade on Swampfen, and accepted my most generous offer of 1 million in either poe or ships. Naturally, as a businessman, this offer is still open until the last hour or so before the blockade begins, should they change their mind.

Wait, so as long as we cancel the event on Swamp at least an hour before it starts (2 pm game time Saturday), then Scup will give us 1 million poe? Accept damnit! The guy's gone crazy, take advantage of him!
Viridian: Daenerys
Sage: Mcfunky
[Jul 19, 2007 5:28:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
scupperer

Wait, so as long as we cancel the event on Swamp at least an hour before it starts (2 pm game time Saturday), then Scup will give us 1 million poe? Accept damnit! The guy's gone crazy, take advantage of him!

Ah, clarification, indeed. An hour before the drop window opens on Friday.
[Jul 19, 2007 5:34:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.scupperer.com [Link]  Go to top 
RavenFraser

Um... Scup what do you care about an event blockade? Why do they need to cancel this?
Rj
Captain of New Dawn
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Avatar by the amazing Pokeme... check them out!
I love you Zach!
[Jul 19, 2007 5:36:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://horizonypp.17.forumer.com [Link]  Go to top 
firechic0

You rock.

QFT!
Crazy MaryJo- Viridian~proud Mama of a little pirate!biggrinBorn:11/21/08
Shorty Jack wrote: 
Just because you started the thread doesn't mean everyone is talking to you. tongue

[Jul 19, 2007 5:36:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
stash600

I think that it has something to do with preventing an actual blockade drop on that island while the cade is taking place...
Just a guess...
Stashy
[Jul 19, 2007 5:37:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RavenFraser

I think that it has something to do with preventing an actual blockade drop on that island while the cade is taking place...
Just a guess...

Ah the new stuff that just came out... makes sense... :D

Thanks! ^_^
Rj
Captain of New Dawn
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Avatar by the amazing Pokeme... check them out!
I love you Zach!
[Jul 19, 2007 5:38:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://horizonypp.17.forumer.com [Link]  Go to top 
scupperer

Um... Scup what do you care about an event blockade? Why do they need to cancel this?

Well, I can't very well take Swampfen in an uncontested transfer blockade unless they cancel the event blockade...
[Jul 19, 2007 5:39:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.scupperer.com [Link]  Go to top 
mcfunky

So the deal is, he wants to attack Swampfen while we are fighting at Jubilee, and he can't because of that event. As he is frustrated about his impotence in this matter, he wants to show up at Jubilee and shoot at us in what I call a "crybaby fit", effectively helping VG it seems. Of course he wouldn't dare try this with VG because he is scared they will wipe any trace of him from Viridian forever. That sound about right?

I kind of like this tarting stuff lol.
[Jul 19, 2007 5:45:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SkyBlitz

Hmm you don't know much about what's going on with VG, RM, and Scupp then.
Tempestblitz

Anchovia tells ye, "I don't know who the last one is, too many Brits on there."

[Jul 19, 2007 5:47:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotsofgoats

I think it's more of Scup being pissed at an exploit when he wants a free island.

Scupperer: Technique or Exploit?
I am Lotsofgoats and I approve this message.
[Jul 19, 2007 5:49:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
stash600

So the deal is, he wants to attack Swampfen while we are fighting at Jubilee, and he can't because of that event. As he is frustrated about his impotence in this matter, he wants to show up at Jubilee and shoot at us in what I call a "crybaby fit", effectively helping VG it seems. Of course he wouldn't dare try this with VG because he is scared they will wipe any trace of him from Viridian forever. That sound about right?

Mate, he offered to "buy" the island for 1mil. All he is asking is for RM to take down the event cade and he will pay 1mil/extra ships at Jubilee and drop on Swampfen the same time of Jubilee in a transfer blockade. If they are not to he said he will either drop on Jubilee or hunt RM ships in Jubilee. Smart move by him if you ask me.

So Riddlemakers, do you think you can take on Vanguard and Regnum Iraes navvers and still win the island? Will you protect your 6 week investment and sell an island or potentially lose the chance of winning a large island for a medium?
Stashy
[Jul 19, 2007 5:54:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
scupperer

I kind of like this tarting stuff lol.

Actually, VG has already generously negotiated with the Scup, and a reasonable agreement was reached for us to not interfere in their Jubilee aspirations. My political history with VG has generally always been one of animosity, but for practical and political purposes, I'm willing to set that aside for a weekend.

RM, however, was quite unreasonable and hostile during negotiations, and now I feel backed into a corner where we have no choice but to treat them in the same manner until they're willing to negotiate.
[Jul 19, 2007 5:59:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.scupperer.com [Link]  Go to top 
stash600

Yay for hostility!
Stashy
[Jul 19, 2007 6:01:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mcfunky

Actually, VG has already generously negotiated with the Scup, and a reasonable agreement was reached for us to not interfere in their Jubilee aspirations. My political history with VG has generally always been one of animosity, but for practical and political purposes, I'm willing to set that aside for a weekend.

RM, however, was quite unreasonable and hostile during negotiations, and now I feel backed into a corner where we have no choice but to treat them in the same manner until they're willing to negotiate.

Ah then you are right, there are indeed things I did not know, not being so involved in the political game myself. So VG has essentially bought the services of RI as mercenaries for the Jubilee blockade. How much did it cost you all I wonder? What would an Island like Swamp go for? 5 million? 10 million? Or perhaps they get a discount for being the stronger of the two flags? A tidy profit for you in any case Mr. Scup. War does make strange bedfellows... or blockades do... betwen usual allies... or something like that.
[Jul 19, 2007 6:18:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
stash600

Ah then you are right, there are indeed things I did not know, not being so involved in the political game myself. So VG has essentially bought the services of RI as mercenaries for the Jubilee blockade. How much did it cost you all I wonder? What would an Island like Swamp go for? 5 million? 10 million? Or perhaps they get a discount for being the stronger of the two flags? A tidy profit for you in any case Mr. Scup. War does make strange bedfellows... or blockades do... betwen usual allies... or something like that.

Conspiracy++

What did it cost them? Only a couple of please and thank yous.
Stashy
[Jul 19, 2007 6:26:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sed729

Man this is better than a Friday Days of Our Lives. Damn you people for making me miss it! You know who you are.
Beebe
Blar wrote: 
It *was* special, and now i'm sober.

[Jul 19, 2007 6:27:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SkyBlitz

Uhh no we did not pay poe. We offered to give up Olive so that Windward Vale would be protected, as well as Jubilee.
Tempestblitz

Anchovia tells ye, "I don't know who the last one is, too many Brits on there."

[Jul 19, 2007 6:31:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Capt_Jamirus

I think y'all be too harsh on the man(man being scupperer)...alright, so i have had more then two men's fair share of the abby sinthe, but i don't see why all the hate is for scupperer? he got screwed (as my drunken persona has so far understood) so why can't he unleash some frustratrion? put up or suck up, and i'll see you on the blockade board :P
I am:
Destructiox (Viridian)
Bratticus (Sage)
Brattilium (Hunter)

Saintdeath tells you, "Oh, heh. I'm free. All it takes to get me for navving is an offer. :P"
Saintdeath tells you, "For sex too. >_>"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Capt_Jamirus at Jul 19, 2007 6:33:43 PM]
[Jul 19, 2007 6:31:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LadyVervain

WoW.. you all missed out 1 word in this thread BLACKMAIL!

silly little man.. as if a great flag like RM would stoop to your threats, and bribes..
LadyVervain
SO Seven Deadly Sins
[Jul 19, 2007 6:40:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mcfunky

The more I find out the less I feel like being hard on anyone. The less you know, the more you are free to imagine all manner of evil schemes. In the end this is much less intriguing than I thought. Scup is out to make poe (or get islands) without a fight, and more power to those who can/are willing to pay his extortion fees. The only thing that makes me sad is that RI did not just try to contend for Jubilee. With jobbers presumably split on the VG/RM alliance side, the RI/Antheas side has a great opportunity to outjob both, and make for a truly epic blockade. I personally don't put much stock in island ownership, the fight for them is where the fun is. I wish more people agreed.
[Jul 19, 2007 6:48:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bfsrules

Leave Scup alone. He's rich, he's powerful, and he can do whatever the bloody heck he wants. Heck, if he wanted to go a frigging rampage and destroy every island he claims, he would have the right.
Scapegoat, (formerly Viridian) Pirate, Taogepacs elsewhere. Spacegawt everywhere that isn't Puzzle Pirate related.
Is back (holy cheezits) to lounge around and basically be a lazy bum.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by bfsrules at Jul 19, 2007 6:49:49 PM]
[Jul 19, 2007 6:49:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://spacegawt.tumblr.com/    penquin_on_ice@yahoo.com    Insert pointless quote here. [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 202   Pages: 7   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates