• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 45
Posts: 45   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5555 times and has 44 replies Next Thread
rednet999

Rednets's Avatar shoppe Reply to this Post

While I'm new to these forums, as you can see by my post count, I am not new to art. And while Im not the best I hope you still like my art.

Seeing as I am bad at atonmy(and spelling, sorry for the mistakes) I'll need a picture of the pirate you want me to paint in the pose you want.
Examples:
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/sunshinegoddess/Drawings/puzzle%20pirates/exaples.png[/IMG]
If one of these were the picture you gave me then thats the pose you get.

Also, If you want your clothes, skin, hair, ect, to be a different color, just tell me, its easy to do and doesn't cost extra.

As for backgrounds, please tell me what you want. If you want it transparent, or a scene, or plain, or mabey some random thing I create, please tell me. Because if you don't you'll either get transparent, or a random thing I make, depending how I feel.

Want words? Glow? Your pet(s)? A spcific exsperession? Just ask.

Im only charging 500 POE, since I don't feel like charging anymore is right. I am only taking payment on the Midnight ocean currently but if I may add an ocean if I feel like it.
Examples:
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/sunshinegoddess/Drawings/puzzle%20pirates/piratepuzzle.png[/IMG]
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/sunshinegoddess/Drawings/puzzle%20pirates/puzzlepirates.png[/IMG]

Now, being so late, I don't exspect orders tell tomorrow, if any, so I may be asleep in the next 5 mins. And may not be up tell 10-12. (its 2:30 here now)

Also, I'll be nice and give the first THREE free, unless they want to pay, all fine with me.
[Jul 3, 2007 1:24:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
rednet999

Re: Rednets's Avatar shoppe Reply to this Post

I forgot to say. Please give payment to Rubydi or Watergoddess, depending whos on.
Also, just been checking the oceans, I can accept payment on Hunter and cobalt, if need be. I would perfer Midnight if you could.
Please tell me which ocean your paying on, so you won't be waiting an Im in a different one.

So, pirates to pay to:
Midnight: Rubydi or Watergoddess
Cobalt: Saphina
Hunter: Dimella
[Jul 3, 2007 1:57:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Charice07

I would like a free one :]

A picture of me and the pose i want:

Thanks in advance,
Charice
[Jul 3, 2007 2:00:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
FinchSparrow

I'ld love a free one :)

http://viridian.puzzlepirates.com/yoweb/gallery/portrait.wm?pirate=Roseash&itemid=10603632

No words please, and a plain blackground would be prefered, but feel free to do it as you please.
Thanks alot!
----------------------------------------
Roseash on Viridian
[Jul 3, 2007 2:17:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
FinchSparrow

And I booched the link
Here it is again
Roseash on Viridian
[Jul 3, 2007 2:18:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
rednet999

And I booched the link
Here it is again

I was just checking in. I'll do both of yours tomorrow. Do you want both pirates, or just one?
[Jul 3, 2007 2:20:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
FinchSparrow

Just one pirate if that's easier for you :)
Roseash on Viridian
[Jul 3, 2007 2:24:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kierra214

Can I get a free one please?

Magrat
SO of Polish War Fog
Viridian
[Jul 3, 2007 3:03:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
rednet999

@finch
Two pirates isn't hard.

@Kierra
Yes you can

If you, or anyone, wants a bigger pirate or smaller pirate, you have to say that, otherwise it will be a perfect size for an avi picture, in a box 150x150.
[Jul 3, 2007 12:42:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
rednet999

Here's Charice's. It should have a transparent background so you can copy it your own background if you want.

I need to work on my faces...
[Jul 3, 2007 2:18:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
rednet999

I desieded that, now, if you want a picture with more then one pirate it will cost you an extra 300poe per pirate. I can make a whole crew, if you wanted, but I will defently have to make it bigger then 150x150. which the size would depend on the placing of the pirates. I can put a background of your ship in it too, which, depending on the picture size, could be 10 pose to 100poe.
Pets, which I find easier, can also be added for 150 poe, or 150poe for just the pet. With will be 150x150 unless otherwise stated.
I hope thats not comfusing.
[Jul 3, 2007 5:15:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
rednet999

Here's Finch's which should also be transparent:

Please tell me if anyting is missing. Sometimes I forget to unhide a layer or two.
[Jul 4, 2007 3:34:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
rednet999

If someone has a better pricing idea for me, please tell me. Im really not sure what to price things at, since going though the forum I saw things priced really different from what I thought they should be, and it was hard to judge where my art fit in.
[Jul 4, 2007 3:38:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Charice07

Here's Charice's. It should have a transparent background so you can copy it your own background if you want.

I need to work on my faces...

Thanks..I love it

Love,
Charice[who loves her new avatar]
[Jul 4, 2007 3:53:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Charice07

Sorry to double post but,

I would love another one,but my ocean is Viridian.Can i pay ye there?

Please :P

Love,
Charice
[Jul 4, 2007 3:55:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Andrew47

If someone has a better pricing idea for me, please tell me. Im really not sure what to price things at, since going though the forum I saw things priced really different from what I thought they should be, and it was hard to judge where my art fit in.

I think they are very good quality. Personally, if I had talents like yours, I'd be charging:

1,000 for Singles
500 for each additional pirate
250 for a pet
250 for adding a name
250 for adding a background
I'm now playing Shambo on Viridian!
[Jul 4, 2007 7:03:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    andrew_orr_manutdforever@yahoo.com [Link]  Go to top 
rednet999

@Charice
Im glad you like it. I could put a caracter on that sea, since it could help me in the future.

@Andrew
I'll keep that in mind. I'll see if anyone else has an idea by the time I come back.
[Jul 4, 2007 12:36:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
rednet999

Ok, I am working on Kierra's, just stopped in to put up my page. Its so I can easaly have all the info in one place, since I can't edit my post. I'll still update here though.

I'll be taking Andrew's suggestion for pricing, for now, since it is logical, unlike mine. Charice though, being she asked for a picture before I decieded to change prices, will get hers at the origanal price.

Heres my update page. Ya, little messy.
http://www.geocities.com/rocket_gurl5/pirate.html?1183613487468
[Jul 4, 2007 10:28:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
FinchSparrow

Wow, its great :D Thanks alot!
Roseash on Viridian
[Jul 4, 2007 11:14:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
rednet999

I'm glad you like it.

Im going so slow with the avis. Weird how all of a sudden Im buzy.
[Jul 4, 2007 11:38:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
megadoomer45

i think that you could make people pay 1.5k max. WHY? cause your pretty unknown around here and not many people have seen what ye can do yet. so untill ye really get going id say 1k for an avatar and about 350 for anything extra.

how MD knows this: watches avatar market hoping for a drop in prices.
tell me why i bid on shatners old tupee
they had it on ebay
im the type who is libal to snipe you
with two seconds left to go
waaaooohhh
with pay pal or visa
whatever will please ya
as long as ive got the dough
[Jul 5, 2007 8:46:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
rednet999

i think that you could make people pay 1.5k max. WHY? cause your pretty unknown around here and not many people have seen what ye can do yet. so untill ye really get going id say 1k for an avatar and about 350 for anything extra.

Ya, I know Im pertty unknown, spend most my time in game or on IMVU. Though since I recently had a developers block I came here to see how I can do. I personaly don't exspect to have much busness, but we'll see.
[Jul 5, 2007 10:46:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
rednet999

I forgot to put this up yesterday.

I was trying a different coloring techneic on the eyes, don't think I'll do that again.
[Jul 6, 2007 12:26:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
rednet999

I thought up some new ideas for types of avis I want to try. Since its not fun to just make them for myself I would like some volenteers to let me draw their avi. Its first come first serve for the most part. Since these next few are free I may skip over you for various reasons.

Also, since these next ones are free and are going to be samples, you don't have a choice of pose or how detailed or anything like that. You CAN give suggestions, like you would like a cookie in the picture, or your pet.

Post couples too, I may have ideas for them.

Remember, these are free, they may not be good.
[Jul 9, 2007 11:52:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
seb_long_uk

Ahoys!

/em offers himself up for experimentation.

I'd love a free one! I'm Domokun , bald with an eyepatch and a very long white beard. Take as long as you need to complete it, there is no rush. Feel free to PM me if you need anything.

Yay!

Domokun

Edit: Zomg Edit!!
Domokun
Avatar by the incredible Tilinka
[Edit 1 times, last edit by seb_long_uk at Jul 11, 2007 4:24:30 PM]
[Jul 10, 2007 8:28:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    My other sloop is a Gold/Gold rename [Link]  Go to top 
xandidnax

If there still is free ones, I would like one of me... look up xandidnax on cobalt.

If you want to do a couple one, you could do one of me and pucebeard.

(we are both on cobalt)

Thanks!
Xandidnax on all the oceans
[Jul 10, 2007 9:19:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
rednet999

Ok, working on some pictures right now. When I bring some of my new samples up can you tell me what you think its worth.

Thank you in advance.
[Jul 10, 2007 7:27:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
rednet999

Ahoys!

/em offers himself up for experimentation.

I'd love a free one! I'm Domokun , bald with an eyepatch and a very long white beard. Take as long as you need to complete it, there is no rush. Feel free to PM me if you need anything.

Yay!

Domokun

Ok, done yours. It has no background since I forgot what I was going to put there. There are 4 different versions of the same picture, little variation.
This is the lineart, uncolored.

The first colored version, with the lineart still on.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/sunshinegoddess/Drawings/puzzle%20pirates/Domokun1.png
This still has the lineart, but it has been changed to a darker shade of the item it outlines.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/sunshinegoddess/Drawings/puzzle%20pirates/Domokun2.png
This just doesn't have an outline.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/sunshinegoddess/Drawings/puzzle%20pirates/Domokun3.png

So, what do you guys think?
[Jul 10, 2007 10:10:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
rednet999

I forgot, heres the avatar version.
2 different ones.

[Jul 10, 2007 10:33:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
seb_long_uk

Ahoys!

Firstly, I love the artwork! I am going to use the on without the frame for now, but I might use the others later ;)

I think you asked for a little constructive critisism, but incase you don't want to read it, its in white text. You need to highlight it to see it.
The brush you are using is very furry around the edges. Whilst this does give a nice glow to the images, and makes them very noticable, you lose alot of the detail in the outlines. If you can make the brush smaller, or lose some of the blur, I think that would help. This would also mean your versions without the lines on would be clearer, and you wouldn't need the black lines.

As for pricing, I have no idea I'm afraid.

Thankyou again, its really great :)
Domokun
Avatar by the incredible Tilinka
[Jul 11, 2007 3:00:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    My other sloop is a Gold/Gold rename [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 45   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates