• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 6
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1491 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
shinseiki

Ugly guts o' JWS & JNLP Reply to this Post

Okay, being firmly of the "take it apart and see (Ooh! Pretty!) how it's put together, never mind (ooh! sparkly!) that it (whoops!) might not (hmm, did it throw that exception before?) work quite the same afterwards" mentality, I'm poking-around at the guts of the JNLP deployment descriptor, right now, and wondering why Y!PP doesn't respond to my attempts to fiddle with the heap size.

( remainder of initial post deleted due to high technical blather levels )

I'm sorta curious how Y!PP performs when I give it more than the ~90M of heap that it seems to get by default. Is there a kosher way to go about this? Is this an appropriate forum for discussing this? Are such investigations officially discouraged? Have ye already conducted'em and found nothing of interest?

geeks & pirates & falling blocks. Arrr.
----------------------------------------
- Mulberry
[Jun 11, 2003 12:14:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tw11st38r

Re: Ugly guts o' JWS & JNLP Reply to this Post

Go away.

Blackdeath
[Jun 12, 2003 12:32:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
loftling

shinseiki wrote: 
I'm sorta curious how Y!PP performs when I give it more than the ~90M of heap that it seems to get by default. Is there a kosher way to go about this? Is this an appropriate forum for discussing this? Are such investigations officially discouraged? Have ye already conducted'em and found nothing of interest?

They are not officially discouraged, but there is no official support given.Officially, I can tell you that if you modify anything and have problems, you may be causing us more work as we try to track down some irregularity that isn't our doing. On the other hand, if you do fiddle and find that you make the client behave better, then we would love to hear about it.
[Jun 12, 2003 1:55:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
shinseiki

loftling wrote: 
Officially, I can tell you that if you modify anything and have problems, you may be causing us more work as we try to track down some irregularity that isn't our doing. On the other hand, if you do fiddle and find that you make the client behave better, then we would love to hear about it.

Roger. I'll keep the futzing-around to the minimum necessary to stem my curiosity, and will avoid sending any bug reports from the futzed-with machine.
- Mulberry
[Jun 12, 2003 3:24:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
AquaDrake

Bump

How can someone give YPP a larger heap to play with? (Yes, I know it's not supported, but maybe someone wants to see if they can get better performance, maybe eliminate the occasional out of memory error, especially on crowded islands.)

(Wondering if my three month vacation will even last one month at this rate)
Maybe "historical" dragons were pterosaurs?
http://www.livescience.com/animals/090107-pterosaur-flight.html

"No plain fanfold paper could hold that fractal Puff --
He grew so fast no plotting pack could shrink him far enough.&quot
[Nov 10, 2004 12:13:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lizthegrey
Developer (retired)

I believe so. I can try this and experiment with it, and report results back. I mess with my config.jar anyways, so it's not a terribly huge deal.

On my list of stuff to do.
[Nov 10, 2004 12:15:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    https://plus.google.com/106912596786226524817/posts [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates