• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Thread Type: Sticky Thread
Total posts in this thread: 3645
Posts: 3645   Pages: 122   [ First Page | Previous Page | 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 354682 times and has 3644 replies Next Thread
AngelaKay

Re: Need Help Searching? Got a New Suggestion? Ask a Poster! Reply to this Post

I don't know how this works I have never done it so here is what I want to send to the game designers

Dear Game Managers

It seems that in a way the game makes it impossible for all people to try their hand at everything, for example on the Obsidian Ocean you will only get to go on a CI if you a Frenetic Forrager, Tokening Machine or some other Elitist thing people are asking for. {which you have not chance at getting as no one will take you without it} You may argue that I could get a map and take one in myself but I know I do not have the navigating ability on this ocean as peope who are Super Amazing navigators tell me they dont bother trying anymore as you have it set at a high death/spawn ratio. I run greeter pillages all the time as I like to try and make this game fun for everyone, i'm not sure if you can have a look into this at all. I do understand that a high sink ratio is good for your companys bottom line but I feel that this may be impeeding the enjoyment for others. Im not sure what the answer is maybe a map with less payout but easier to do or Greeter CI's im not sure as im not a programmer.

This is what I wanted to ask but I don't know where or what to do.
[Oct 30, 2017 1:01:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Halfbrain5

anybody (probably) asked if we could rename NPPs that come on some LE ships, even if it was restricted to a standard list? my phantom class sloop has great name Creepy Guppy but Incorporeal Consuela just doesn't "match" & I'd love to have a Creepy Consuela.
----------------------------------------
Born on Midnight and never want to leave

Doggbreath, Rogues Riding Sell me your ink! any Cerulean island 500/unit

Yer daily horoscope reads: Investing in insane dogs will result in good health.
[Dec 9, 2017 6:01:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pandaxee6

Hi there, I just had an idea/suggestion and wanted to run it by the game design forum. It's no secret that in the past years YPP has been struggling to keep players and introduce new players....We all have loved this game for years and want to keep it going. I had an idea and I posed it to ppl and they liked it so I thought I'd put it up here for feedback.
The game could introduce something like Brigand King background stories or something and make a sort of rpg- style story mode for ypp with new areas that are the lands of origination for the BKs and when you complete the story for each BK you get an item of clothing they wear--cus it's all different from what we wear. I think it'd bring in new players and make things much more interesting. You could also possibly have the option for new puzzles in these new lands. They could even be just 1 big island for each BK. Something to think about. It would cost a bit I'm sure but the prospect of doing something new on the game we know and love would bring in a lot of people I think :).
I've sailed the pirate seas for 13 Years.
https://sunnypriestess.deviantart.com/gallery/
[Feb 26, 2018 11:44:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Squeel

I accidentally pressed the "Go To Stronghold" button in battle and it made me realize that it is too easy to go to stronghold and very little need to immediately go there. There should probably be something to stop people from leaving battle like an "Are you sure?" question. I'm sure this has already been suggested, but I'd just like to reiterate that the button itself is too easy to press and too much of a downside. This would be a nice quality of life change, thank you.
Squeelicious on Obsidian

Hurten says,"First name Squeel, last name licious"
[Apr 4, 2018 5:39:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

Yes
[Apr 4, 2018 7:43:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
Prammy16

Has there been any discussion about the ability to buy/sell reserved labor?

On a side note, where can I find a list of idea links in general, rather than any one particular one?
-Porglit on Emerald
-Shadetemplar on Obsidian
[Apr 5, 2018 7:20:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

I'm recalling the following discussion on tradeable labor hours:
http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=207722
But I don't believe that's actually about selling and buying reserved labor - even if the mechanics could be similar.
There's not many details from the original poster in that discussion thread to clarify various matters.

Some idea links:
https://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Category:Commonly_Discussed_Ideas
https://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Minor_Game_Design_annoyances_(Idea_Links)
[Apr 5, 2018 8:22:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
Mitjana

Has there been a post suggesting changes to how jobbing works while in a SMH?

The search function is woefully inadequate and failing me.

I've only found 2 things in the "Commonly discussed ideas" area of the yppedia.
[May 4, 2018 6:11:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

What particular aspect of how jobbing works while in a SMH were you interested in? Being able to job to join an in-progress SMH? The ability to leave while jobbing in a SMH and later return?
[May 4, 2018 7:19:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
Mitjana

What particular aspect of how jobbing works while in a SMH were you interested in? Being able to job to join an in-progress SMH? The ability to leave while jobbing in a SMH and later return?

Both actually. As well if there's any existing suggestion topics specifically about the mechanics related to jobbers leaving during a SMH that'd be awesome to see too.

Thanks for the help
[May 4, 2018 8:52:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

Jobbing (or whisking) pirates on board in-progress Atlantis runs

THe second might be a sub-case of the first, I'm not really certain.
[May 4, 2018 9:11:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
Pandaxee6

Hi there, I just had an idea/suggestion and wanted to run it by the game design forum. It's no secret that in the past years YPP has been struggling to keep players and introduce new players....We all have loved this game for years and want to keep it going. I had an idea and I posed it to ppl and they liked it so I thought I'd put it up here for feedback.
The game could introduce something like Brigand King background stories or something and make a sort of rpg- style story mode for ypp with new areas that are the lands of origination for the BKs and when you complete the story for each BK you get an item of clothing they wear--cus it's all different from what we wear. I think it'd bring in new players and make things much more interesting. You could also possibly have the option for new puzzles in these new lands. They could even be just 1 big island for each BK. Something to think about. It would cost a bit I'm sure but the prospect of doing something new on the game we know and love would bring in a lot of people I think :).

Any thoughts?
I've sailed the pirate seas for 13 Years.
https://sunnypriestess.deviantart.com/gallery/
[May 28, 2018 4:08:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
truckintory

Just wanna know. How do we get a "splash" sound when planking other pirates?
takin everything for granted and lovin every minute of it
[Jun 3, 2018 3:18:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    torytatertot [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

If you're referring to a sound effect which some players have available now, then it's likely by using a third party tool like Quartermaster. Such tools parse chat logs for the text messages matching an event, and then carry out some action e.g. playing a sound effect.
[Jun 3, 2018 9:42:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

Filthyjake wrote: 
Can we get a Scroll bar on here so it slightly more difficult for people to artificially inflate the dub prices?

There are shops people can profit in artificial inflating the dubs greatly hurts the entire economy.

Here is a discussion about showing more than the top five offers for market bidding (specifically proposal 1a). It's not however about the doubloon exchange.

I'm continuing to look for existing doubloon exchange modification discussions, including increasing the number of offers shown.

And here is one proposal to adjust the doubloon exchange interface:
http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?p=394965#394965
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Faulkston at Aug 16, 2018 8:34:10 PM]
[Aug 16, 2018 7:59:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 3645   Pages: 122   [ First Page | Previous Page | 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates