• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 17
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3112 times and has 16 replies Next Thread
Lynzerlot

PANDAFEST - Tournaments, games, riddles, ship give-aways (/e coughs, BAGHLAH), and loads of PoE in prizes!

After a busy weekend of blockades and new island openings, King Tentei and Queen Megami of Sins of the Flesh cordially invite you to attend:

P A N D A F E S T !

P A N D A F E S T ! is the Grand Opening Event of Saiph Island , Pandaland , and Ling-Ling's Luxury Liners . There will be loads of PRIZES to give away, such as swords, bludgeons, clothing , shot , and ships. The best part is that admission is FREE. The festivities will commence at 3pm PDT on Sunday, June 3rd, on Saiph Island.

Come explore the island, meet the sleeping turtles, and meet the original Saiph Idol. Events (with prizes) to expect on the Island:
  • Island scavenger/treasure hunt
  • Hide and Seek
  • Pirate Trivia
  • and more!

After you explore the island, come aboard our Grand Frigate, the Deadly Panda Butterflyfish! Once aboard, ye shall be surrounded by wrapped presents, each tauntin' ye with a riddle. Solve one of the riddles and receive the gift! Inside one ye may find a bandanna, a cat, a skull dagger, or perhaps even a ship deed!

Yer not a riddlin' pirate? We have on board parlor tables for each game type for you to partake in, as well as a tournament board with local tournaments full of PoE and prizes.

Still not quite your mug o' rum? Well, Friday, June 1st, at 7pm PDT, come play King (or Queen) of the hill at Saiph Island, with a one round SINKING EVENT BLOCKADE! Sloops only will be allowed to partake in this melee of mayhem – last ship afloat wins! The winning battle navigator will win a shiny new Baghlah! All participants will be required to register to be eligible for the ship Registration will be possible starting one hour prior to the event. Each battle navigator will only be allowed to bring one sloop into the event, and will be expected to be present at the start of the blockade round. Participants who leave the board during the round will be disqualified. We will have judges standing by, watching, to ensure that the contest is fair.

Remember, the blockade begins in less than 16 hours from the time of this post. We will open up for registration in 15 hours. I will post who will be taking registrations as the event draws closer in this thread. (They will most likely the same Sins of the Flesh Royals who are still taking raffle ticket purchases, hint hint.) The names of those accepting registration will also be posted in the Saiph Island news, as well as another, more detailed copy of these rules

Speaking of the Governor of Saiph Island Raffle - don't miss your last chance to buy a raffle ticket for the Governorship of Saiph Island! (What? I want to be governor of an island! How did I miss hearing about this? Go here for more information.)

At 8pm PDT on Sunday, June 3rd, the raffle winner will be drawn, and the Sins of the Flesh royals will vote in the new governor of Saiph Island.

See you there!

NOTE: I realize this is short timing for the event, especially the blockade. I will try to make myself as available as possible to answer questions until Sunday. If you cannot catch me in game, send me a PM through the forums.
----------------------------------------
Lynzerlot, SO of Pleasureful Sins, Hunter

Lyndsy, still a Hunter on Sage
SO of Wild Cards on Malachite
Assassin for hire.
[Jun 1, 2007 3:19:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
123casper321

Re: PANDAFEST - Tournaments, games, riddles, ship give-aways (/e coughs, BAGHLAH), and loads of PoE in prizes!

Sounds fun :)
But I have an allergy to Panda hair. :(
#################################
Damala tells you, "You're my hero and villain"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Devil has an ALT, her name be CROFT!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Evil Captain of Cruel Intentions!!
[Jun 1, 2007 3:27:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
weejonnyb

Re: PANDAFEST - Tournaments, games, riddles, ship give-aways (/e coughs, BAGHLAH), and loads of PoE in prizes!

You guys are awsome.

I might pop over, unless something comes up.
Zyxt-sux.
[Jun 1, 2007 3:31:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
skurfer48

You guys are awsome.

I might pop over, unless something comes up.

Agreed. I will hopefully be there as well!
[Jun 1, 2007 9:39:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lynzerlot

Yay! It should be fun.

I forgot to mention that at least initially, we will be limiting one riddle-gift per pirate. Donations are coming in, so this may change.

Also, don't expect "What's black and white and red all over?" as one of the riddles - we're hoping to make you all think a bit.

Assassin for hire.
[Jun 1, 2007 11:33:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lynzerlot

But I have an allergy to Panda hair. :(

Don't worry Croft, they're Sinful Pandas. The equivalent would be a hairless cat.

Assassin for hire.
[Jun 1, 2007 11:36:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
blp_girl

sounds like a lot of fun!!!! yay!!!
I got one question tho to register in the blockade who do we send a tell to? to ye Lynzerlot?
Why is it that when you transport something by car, it's called a shipment, but when you transport something by ship, it's called cargo?

mira mi blog: http://lo-q-le-diga-es-mentira.blogspot.com/
[Jun 1, 2007 11:36:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lynzerlot

to register in the blockade who do we send a tell to?

As it approaches, I will post the names of those who will be taking blockade registrations in this thread. I will most likely be one of them. I will also get Tentei to post the list of names in the Saiph Island news.

Assassin for hire.
[Jun 1, 2007 11:40:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
blp_girl

that was fast lol
kk thanks for the info!
Why is it that when you transport something by car, it's called a shipment, but when you transport something by ship, it's called cargo?

mira mi blog: http://lo-q-le-diga-es-mentira.blogspot.com/
[Jun 1, 2007 11:48:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lynzerlot

Approved

I am having computer issues and will have to double post thanks to no [Edit]. /e apologizes in advance.

The following pirates are Royals in the flag Sins of the Flesh, are not eligible to win anything in the Event Blockade later this evening, and are the official contacts to "register" in the blockade:

• Lynzerlot
  • Megami
  • Mynci
  • Shinyschmo
  • Tentei
  • Vahid

Any additional contacts will only be posted by me in this forum, or by Tentei in the Saiph Island news.

Registrations start now, and will cease 4 minutes into the blockade. Please include your (the bnav) name and the name of your sloop. Thanks, and have glubbage fun!

Assassin for hire.
[Jun 1, 2007 5:10:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lynzerlot

Re: Approved

Ok, so in order to be eligible for the prize, everyone must be out of the "safe zone" and must have sent a /tell to one of the above pirates with your name/sloop name by the time five minutes have passed in the blockade.

Assassin for hire.
[Jun 1, 2007 6:45:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tentei

Very important: The event blockade, and the registration for such will be delayed a week. As in, you now have untill the 8th to register for the event blockade, and that's when it will start. ^_^;

We apologize for the inconvenience, but only one regis...ter... on such short time was enough of a convincer that we should at least hold off for a week.

Twizzler, you're not responding to your tells ingame, nor is the person bnavving your ship.

Come find me ingame to get your consolation for being the only team to register. Ktnxbai
Tentei,
Co-Captain of Sinful Pleasures, First player crew on Malachite
Co-Monarch of Wild Cards, First player flag on Malachite.

Lovable squishy PANDA. :o
[Jun 1, 2007 7:19:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lynzerlot

I thought I was clear enough, but I just wanted to eliminate some residual confusion. We need the name of the SLOOP and the name of the pirate who will be BATTLE NAVIGATING. The prize goes to the BATTLE NAV., not the team.

We need to connect each B-Nav to their specific sloop to ensure that they do not attempt to find a fresh ship if sunk within the first few minutes of the game.

Assassin for hire.
[Jun 1, 2007 8:17:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sread

it takes a crew that teams well to win a blockade not just the bnavver so i think it should be the crew that wins so i think the prize should go to the whole crew
[Jun 2, 2007 1:40:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Frostyspyda

Very important: The event blockade, and the registration for such will be delayed a week. As in, you now have untill the 8th to register for the event blockade, and that's when it will start. ^_^;

We apologize for the inconvenience, but only one regis...ter... on such short time was enough of a convincer that we should at least hold off for a week.

Twizzler, you're not responding to your tells ingame, nor is the person bnavving your ship.

Come find me ingame to get your consolation for being the only team to register. Ktnxbai

Tentei you do know it is Twizzle not twizzler xD and whats this "consolation prize" going to be anyway? Just wondering =p
And also just because we were only team to enter shouldn't mean we don't win the whole prize, you didn't say anything like that would happen.
Redspyda,

Hunter
[Jun 3, 2007 9:45:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tentei

Tentei you do know it is Twizzle not twizzler xD and whats this "consolation prize" going to be anyway? Just wondering =p
And also just because we were only team to enter shouldn't mean we don't win the whole prize, you didn't say anything like that would happen.

I didn't say anything like that would happen, no. But to be completely fair, if you're the only team to enter with a weeks notice, than.. Well. You get the full prize and this consolation.

Ontop of registering a pirate that didn't bnav, the consolation I'm offering should be fairly worth it in the ways of "Worth our time".

And easier to split between the team.

Again, I apologize, But the timing was obviously too short. And this is just a chance to get everyone in to play.
Tentei,
Co-Captain of Sinful Pleasures, First player crew on Malachite
Co-Monarch of Wild Cards, First player flag on Malachite.

Lovable squishy PANDA. :o
[Jun 3, 2007 11:14:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lynzerlot

Re: PANDAFEST - Scavenger Hunt Results

I appreciate your patience. My computer has been giving me a heck of a time, and I had not been able to upload the Scavenger Hunt answers. So, without further ado:

• Sleeping Turtle 1 - Island Inhabitant
  • Sleeping Turtle 2 - Island Inhabitant
  • Incendiary - Island Inhabitant
  • Ultimate Bnavver - Island Inhabitant
  • Palm with Coconuts
  • Island designer
  • Twin Boulders
  • Yellow Flower (Weld)
  • Island on an Island
  • Ruins (See below)

Congratulations to Cetacean for correctly identifying all ten images, and being the first pirate to email the screenshots!

I realized after I sent everyone huntin' that Artemis had already taken away the ruins from the distillery. I had glanced at the tree/boulders in the top right corner and misidentified it. We were going to drop that clue from the contest, HOWEVER - Cetacean managed to sneak in his entry before I could make the announcement. He took a screenie of the same bit of the island that confused me, so we let it count. I'm not sure if it is good or bad that he can read my mind. o.O

Assassin for hire.
[Jun 10, 2007 7:09:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates