• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 759
Posts: 759   Pages: 26   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 155249 times and has 758 replies Next Thread
dhughart

Re: Bug: Bot Stats Reply to this Post

Nevermind I figured out me own stupid mistake
----------------------------------------
Jonnyreb, SO of Thicker Than Blood,
Member of the flag Seraph's Nightmare
[May 26, 2007 12:09:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    jonnyreb411 [Link]  Go to top 
pencilcounte

Re: QuarterMaster II - Public Release - Support Reply to this Post

When will the new ships stats be available in QM?
[May 26, 2007 2:44:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
seb_long_uk

Re: Bug: Bot Stats Reply to this Post

Ok uninstalling and reinstalling didn't help, and not only is it not auto adding crew mates, its also not playing the alert tones I wan it too. Someone please help me, I'm begging! Oh ya and autojobing isn't working either and thats the most important part fer me as I serve as me flags jc in blocks and use this program for it.

You almost certainly don't have your Chat logging set up correctly. Set up a new log from the Y!PP client, then direct QM there again. That should sort your problem.

Domokun
Domokun
Avatar by the incredible Tilinka
[May 26, 2007 5:04:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    My other sloop is a Gold/Gold rename [Link]  Go to top 
lesleywalker

Getting set up Reply to this Post

The "Getting set up" help page is the one you need for more information on setting up the chat logs. It's one of the pages that should be okay.
Rumbletum - FO, Crimson Sabers, Colbalt
Cheery - Alchemist, Ankh-Morpork City Watch, Cobalt
Jinxed Idol links
[May 26, 2007 6:09:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Soar

Ahoy

There is an update patch ready today. It doesn't contain everything I had planned, so there will be another one in a week or two.

The update should trigger a notification when you first open QM. All you need to do is download and run the patch file. It will also ask you for your installation directory. If you didn't change it when installing QM then the default should be fine.

The main fixes not in this patch are the ones for chat log and yohoho.log connections. I'll be looking at making that much easier in the next update.

==================================================
QuarterMaster 2.1 Release Notes

- Possible fix for access violation error encountered while using Pirate Trainer. Please let me know if this worked as I'm not 100% sure this was causing the problem in all cases.
- Several new help files have been put in, along with fixes for file location problems in the help system.
- Trade run course added to pirate trainer. Created by Aarghbird of Cobalt.
- Revisions made to the Officer Training course.
- You are now able to specify pillages which you wish to record blacklistings on. There will be a prompt each time you board a new vessel.
- All ship stats are now derived from the QuarterMaster/Config.txt file.
- Flash has better timing now.
- Damage counter tooltips, labels, and broadcasts have been revised.
- The chat input box can now be closed to allow more visible text in the chat logs.
- Possible fix for the pillage window size problems in windows vista. (Please let me know if this worked)
- The login window will now center on the screen instead of the desktop.
- You can now edit the number of offences a player has on their record through the Pirates database window.
- There is a new option on the pillage tab to have QM ignore automatic blacklistings and paycuts for your home crew members.
- Stats for the Dhow and Baghlah have been added. These may require further testing in some areas.
==================================================

Let me know if anyone has any troubles with the patch.

Also please let me know if that Pirate Trainer access violation bug was fixed, also the pillage window sizing one for Vista users.

Arbedar!
Tailspin
[May 27, 2007 8:56:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
rockyhunter

I still cannot get it to detect my crew by auto detect or manually typing in my crew ID
Mcshady on Cerulean
[May 28, 2007 8:25:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DaredevilFan

Download not wanting to work open IE and says can't open page.
Jessicajones - SO of Mixed Nuts
[May 28, 2007 1:42:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DaredevilFan

Download not wanting to work open IE and says can't open page.

Yar finally got it to wrok
Jessicajones - SO of Mixed Nuts
[May 28, 2007 1:56:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Spelunk

Trainer seems fine for me now... I will try a few more experiments, but so far, so good... no access violations
[May 28, 2007 2:15:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ploute

Still no help file on how to program a custom damage report. If you can PM me how to do it I'll try to write a help file for it. Just tell me what format you need it in and I'll get it done. I know I can't be the ONLY person waiting for this. :-D
--Ploute

Crazy Oeddies Toga Emporium, Cnossos, Midnight Ocean
Captain of Running Wild

Awesome Avatar done by GypsyGinger of Midnight
[May 28, 2007 3:12:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.silly-symphonies-flag.org    cfmanj    cfmanj [Link]  Go to top 
Soar

Still no help file on how to program a custom damage report. If you can PM me how to do it I'll try to write a help file for it. Just tell me what format you need it in and I'll get it done. I know I can't be the ONLY person waiting for this. :-D

This info is on the program options help page. It's a bit sparse so a re-write would be much appreciated if you have the time mate :]

Arbedar!
Tailspin
[May 28, 2007 3:31:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lesleywalker

If anyone can help with writing help files, write in plain text, and PM it to both me and Tailspin. He's writing the help texts, and I'm editing and formatting them.

Currently I have PTB, Chat Logs and Vessel Info in my queue to do.
Rumbletum - FO, Crimson Sabers, Colbalt
Cheery - Alchemist, Ankh-Morpork City Watch, Cobalt
Jinxed Idol links
[May 28, 2007 3:48:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ploute

If anyone can help with writing help files, write in plain text, and PM it to both me and Tailspin. He's writing the help texts, and I'm editing and formatting them.

Currently I have PTB, Chat Logs and Vessel Info in my queue to do.

Okay can do, cause right now if you click on Damage Counter on the side there is nothing linked to that. So what I think I'll do is write a help file for that section.
--Ploute

Captain of Running Wild

[May 29, 2007 12:51:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.silly-symphonies-flag.org    cfmanj    cfmanj [Link]  Go to top 
Ploute

Some other problems I've found:

If you are in the options section and click on Help, it goes no where for me. Doesn't load help or anything at all.

Also I've found that the options will save my dmg counter options fine. And then when I restart QM they are still saved just like I want but as soon as I hit the Dmg Counter button to pull it up, it reverts back to the Dmg %. I personally just do the numbers cause that is what my mind works off best.

Lastly I've found that when I'm in SF or Rumble and sometimes other puzzles my Autochats won't work. They worked just find in QM1 as long as I hit ESC first. But now that doesn't even work and it won't work if I don't hit ESC first, tried that just to see. So I don't know why but the Autochat functions aren't working during some of the times I need them the most. Cause that is the time I REALLY don't want to have to be typing out "Please reteam mates in 2's and 3's or we all DIE!" Well you get the idea. :-D

Oh also just so you know I got a weird error message when I was trying to run through the new Trainer w/o having Ypp on. I just wanted to see what was new on it. Didn't get it until about the 3rd or 4th page though so don't know what it was and no I didn't write it down I forgot. Anyways thought you should know.
--Ploute

Captain of Running Wild

[May 29, 2007 1:00:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.silly-symphonies-flag.org    cfmanj    cfmanj [Link]  Go to top 
Soar

Some other problems I've found:

If you are in the options section and click on Help, it goes no where for me. Doesn't load help or anything at all.

Also I've found that the options will save my dmg counter options fine. And then when I restart QM they are still saved just like I want but as soon as I hit the Dmg Counter button to pull it up, it reverts back to the Dmg %. I personally just do the numbers cause that is what my mind works off best.

Lastly I've found that when I'm in SF or Rumble and sometimes other puzzles my Autochats won't work. They worked just find in QM1 as long as I hit ESC first. But now that doesn't even work and it won't work if I don't hit ESC first, tried that just to see. So I don't know why but the Autochat functions aren't working during some of the times I need them the most. Cause that is the time I REALLY don't want to have to be typing out "Please reteam mates in 2's and 3's or we all DIE!" Well you get the idea. :-D

Oh also just so you know I got a weird error message when I was trying to run through the new Trainer w/o having Ypp on. I just wanted to see what was new on it. Didn't get it until about the 3rd or 4th page though so don't know what it was and no I didn't write it down I forgot. Anyways thought you should know.

Yarrr!

You have just located a bug that has been avoiding me since beta. I can now finally fix that damn thing that keeps reverting things back to percentages in the options. Thanks mate!

I'd prefer if the new help text for the damage counter options remain in the program options page. It's not really a major function and adding a new page at this point could be troublesome. Thanks for volunteering to help out with it.

You know I had completely forgot about wiring up that help button on the options page, lol. I'll hook it for next patch.

Will run some tests on the auto chat problems. they should work while puzzling, but not while lazing. Might have messed this up with the new QM2 code though. It's a very old system.

Also, could you let me know if you can reproduce the error you encountered in the pirate trainer. Having diffculty finding it.

Arbedar!
Tailspin
[May 29, 2007 1:24:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ploute

You have just located a bug that has been avoiding me since beta. I can now finally fix that damn thing that keeps reverting things back to percentages in the options. Thanks mate!
You know I had completely forgot about wiring up that help button on the options page, lol. I'll hook it for next patch.

Welcome! I'm just a curious sort.

I'd prefer if the new help text for the damage counter options remain in the program options page. It's not really a major function and adding a new page at this point could be troublesome. Thanks for volunteering to help out with it.

It wouldn't be a new page really. If you look in the help section there is a link on the side called "The Damage Counter" already. I was thinking I could right up the help to show how it is used and then how to change it if need be. Since if personally I'm looking to change the Damage counter that is where I'm going. But maybe we could just link to the Options page down at the bottom saying something like "if you want to change the settings click here:"

Will run some tests on the auto chat problems. they should work while puzzling, but not while lazing. Might have messed this up with the new QM2 code though. It's a very old system.

Thanks the Auto chat and Dmg counter and the Blacklist/Paycut systems are mainly what I use QM for so it's a great help to have them.

Also, could you let me know if you can reproduce the error you encountered in the pirate trainer. Having diffculty finding it.

Yeah of course now I can't get it to come up either. BLAH! Oh well if I see it again I'll make sure to write it down and how I got it.
--Ploute

Captain of Running Wild

[May 29, 2007 9:39:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.silly-symphonies-flag.org    cfmanj    cfmanj [Link]  Go to top 
Kinocha

I've found something that I'm not sure is intentional or not.

When I job for others, my autoplank message (as I forget to turn it of 9/10 times) is sendt to everyone boarding after me.

Is it possible to do something with it, or do I just need to learn to turn it of? (sending my autoplank to random jobbers makes for confusing situations)
Kinocha, Senior Officer of White Rose under the flag Blood and Roses on Midnight Ocean

Avatar by the amazing Koalarocker
[May 29, 2007 2:45:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
samtheboy

I've found something that I'm not sure is intentional or not.

When I job for others, my autoplank message (as I forget to turn it of 9/10 times) is sendt to everyone boarding after me.

Is it possible to do something with it, or do I just need to learn to turn it of? (sending my autoplank to random jobbers makes for confusing situations)

If your autoplank is on what it does is send a /plank command to everyone that boards after you and also a /tell to them. So currently, it is working as it should and you need to remember to turn it off. What is needed therefore is a toggle box when you board a ship to turn off autoplank (along with clearing crew/booty as is there already)

WM
Want an avatar like mine? Just ask Phillite
"Sigh. No, you're never getting unbanned after making me waste 5 minutes of my time cleaning up after you." - Lizthegrey
[May 29, 2007 4:18:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://leagueoflight.forumup.org [Link]  Go to top 
courtkid1012

I have a problem and a question:

When I try to patch QM2 I bring up QM and then I click the download button but then it gives me that annoying (Not respeconding) thing and "End now" and all that.... it's annoying. Anyone know what's wrong there?

Also, I have questions about loading new courses in the trainer. Is it something that other pirates can make courses and then send them out to everyone to download if they want to? Thanks to anyone who can help me XD
Chinchi on all oceans. (Viridian)
Ducha De Oro of Riddle Makers

Inspire others
^Click
[May 29, 2007 4:28:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
heather1a

OK, 1stly - I absolutely LOVE this!

However, I have an odd issue - the Quartermaster "Chat Logs" doesn't actually log my chat! I can talk all day, and it shows NO chat at all in any of them.

Any idea what I've done wrong (I have tried uninstall and re-install - this hasn't helped)

Thanks to anyone who can help me out here - I tend to use the chat filtering a lot

:o)
Heatherreece
SO Whisky Tango Foxtrot
Midnight Ocean
[May 29, 2007 4:36:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
heather1a

OK, 1stly - I absolutely LOVE this!

However, I have an odd issue - the Quartermaster "Chat Logs" doesn't actually log my chat! I can talk all day, and it shows NO chat at all in any of them.

Any idea what I've done wrong (I have tried uninstall and re-install - this hasn't helped)

Thanks to anyone who can help me out here - I tend to use the chat filtering a lot

:o)

OK, it DOES show Crew Add / Remove (if I add or remove them!) just NOT the chat!
Heatherreece
SO Whisky Tango Foxtrot
Midnight Ocean
[May 29, 2007 5:43:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
KimKatianna

Ok I can't seem to locate the link to download the patch. I checked thru the posts, checked to see if it was somehow in QM and then redownloaded QM and it didn't have any new files to patch. Maybe I am just tired and I am overlooking it. Can ye please tell me how to patch my QM? Thanks again for everything.
JadeBlythe

Proud to serve as Captain of the
Pirates Pleasure Chest Crew

Princess of Grabthar's Hammer

Hands off my Booty!!!

Cobalt Ocean
[May 29, 2007 11:08:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    kcorliss0809 [Link]  Go to top 
KimKatianna

Ok I see the new boats uploaded so I am guessing that it is patched. I still have the window cut off issue with Vista. I also made sure my java was up to date as per someone's suggestion.
JadeBlythe

Hands off my Booty!!!

Cobalt Ocean
[May 29, 2007 11:29:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    kcorliss0809 [Link]  Go to top 
samtheboy

Have you directed your QM to your YPP chat logs? To find out where they are go to (in YPP) Ye, options, chat and note the place where your chat logs are kept in the "chat logging" box.

Then open QM and before you log into it click on options and point the "chat log" box to the same place as your chat logs and it should now work!

WM
"Sigh. No, you're never getting unbanned after making me waste 5 minutes of my time cleaning up after you." - Lizthegrey
[May 30, 2007 1:23:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://leagueoflight.forumup.org [Link]  Go to top 
KimKatianna

Yes everything is pointing to the right places. Everything works fine the only issue I have is the window being cut off as reported earlier and just wanted to make sure Tailspin knew that even with the update I am still seeing the issue.
JadeBlythe

Hands off my Booty!!!

Cobalt Ocean
[May 30, 2007 7:50:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    kcorliss0809 [Link]  Go to top 
Ploute

Okay so I was going to try and work on the Help files for the Damage Counter. But I figured I would first try to make sure all of it works. Well bad news mate it doesn't.

I went in and put in the custom message code so I could have it set up how I wanted it. Put it all in and clicked okay. Well first off it didn't change the Dmg counter over to CB's it kept it on %'s. So I went back to options clicked on CB's and then clicked back on my custom message. So now at least it was CB mode, albeit a bit of trickery. Well now I'd click on the hits or anything and it would register it via the blocks showing up the but counts would not change in the counter. So I couldn't tell how many I had clicked on for sure or what. I checked it out by putting counts I knew to be true and it sent the correct numbers in the correct order. Unfortunately though I had to click Send at least twice before it would go through. So the Damage counter with the custom message is not working correctly yet.

Oh another thing that came up, that is not huge but still something. When I hopped on a WB to test this out it sensed it as a Bag instead. So I got the whole, this image doesn't exist yet. Anyways something minor but still something (Gosh how many times can I say something in a paragraph?) :D

So as soon as you tell me that it's either going to be fixed or at least it's not going to be changed to make it work I'll get to work on the help files for the Dmg Counter.
--Ploute

Captain of Running Wild

[May 30, 2007 9:02:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.silly-symphonies-flag.org    cfmanj    cfmanj [Link]  Go to top 
Ploute

Oh spiffy, as I clicked QM to shut down I got this error message:

Access Violation at address 00000000. Read of address 00000000
--Ploute

Captain of Running Wild

[May 30, 2007 9:04:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.silly-symphonies-flag.org    cfmanj    cfmanj [Link]  Go to top 
scoobe13

Just a thought . URL parsing does not work if you don't get "www" maybe "http" would be better. I only noticed cause an oceanmaster broadcast links to the new releases and QM didn't pick it up.
[May 31, 2007 5:10:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mysterycore.co.uk [Link]  Go to top 
samtheboy

Have you directed your QM to your YPP chat logs? To find out where they are go to (in YPP) Ye, options, chat and note the place where your chat logs are kept in the "chat logging" box.

Then open QM and before you log into it click on options and point the "chat log" box to the same place as your chat logs and it should now work!

WM

Sorry, this was in response to Heather1a, didn't see there was another page when I wrote it.

WM
[Jun 1, 2007 12:48:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://leagueoflight.forumup.org [Link]  Go to top 
heather1a

WM

Sorry, this was in response to Heather1a, didn't see there was another page when I wrote it.

WM

Hi Sam,

Checked and this is set fine. Any other ideas?

Thanks Mate

Heather
Heatherreece
SO Whisky Tango Foxtrot
Midnight Ocean
[Jun 2, 2007 7:02:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 759   Pages: 26   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates