• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 759
Posts: 759   Pages: 26   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 154815 times and has 758 replies Next Thread
MrTeatime

Re: QuarterMaster II - Public Release - Support Reply to this Post

my problem is witht he pirate trainer
do i HAVE to be master in carp to be officer
my scroll key is pathetic but i feel if i can be master in bilge and sail i should be allowed to go ahead
is there any way to go ahead without master ??

The provided course is "only" an example course. What it takes to be officer is solely decided by the captain (or Senior Officers in oligarchic crews) of the crew since he gives and takes ranks.

Feel free to create your own training course. Even if it's only removing the check mark as Tiberyus suggested ^^
----------------------------------------
Eldrick auf Opal
Leitender Offizier (Senior Officer) der Ghosts of Darkness
Priester des dunklen Lords El Pollo
[May 21, 2007 10:38:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    mrteatime2001    JonathanTeatime    22517701 [Link]  Go to top 
MrTeatime

Just as suggestion since there are problems in finding the crew ID:

How about including a link to the pirate info page in the appropriate dialog. Name and ocean are known, so the link could be generated easily.
Eldrick auf Opal
Leitender Offizier (Senior Officer) der Ghosts of Darkness
Priester des dunklen Lords El Pollo
[May 21, 2007 10:42:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    mrteatime2001    JonathanTeatime    22517701 [Link]  Go to top 
lesleywalker

Tailspin wrote: 
The update is taking longer than expected as I'm pretty busy at home atm.

Plus, I've been dragging the chain a bit on the help file update. I promise I'll at least have something to contribute by the end of the week.
Rumbletum - FO, Crimson Sabers, Colbalt
Cheery - Alchemist, Ankh-Morpork City Watch, Cobalt
Jinxed Idol links
[May 21, 2007 7:13:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
firefly1

hey tailspin! i'm a big fan of QM and even though i havent updated till todacy since like 1.3D or something i LOVE this new QM and the new features! <3
Ocean? Midnight

Treasurejoe- Capitan of The Couch Breakers
Bloodseeker-crewless cuase im to lazy to put an alt in someones crew
Hellstrooper-officer of Party Central

Ocean - Meridian
Ravenbeard - SO of Unleashed, Prince of Convicted
[May 21, 2007 9:31:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RingRopes

will there be a patch to update damage counters on the new ships when they come out?
Bangorian
SO, Your Worst Nightmare
Lord, Hardcore Explorers
Sage
[May 22, 2007 1:03:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
seb_long_uk

will there be a patch to update damage counters on the new ships when they come out?

When / if they have been accurately obtained and tested, yes.

Domokun
Domokun
Avatar by the incredible Tilinka
[May 22, 2007 1:43:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    My other sloop is a Gold/Gold rename [Link]  Go to top 
tiswasgirl

MIB was removed as Tailspin had problems with his server hosting.

WM

I'm really enjoying the new version but I am really missing the MIB facility. Is there absolutley no way of getting it back on....please?

I dont want to use the crew notice board to discuss possible promotions or coffer issues.

Thanks to all the people who have worked on this, you're my heroe's!
Tiswasgirl
[May 22, 2007 8:33:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PhoenixC

Hi mates,

I just installed QM2 and I LOVE the new look! Unfortunately the right edge of the QM window is cut off. Even when I make the windo bigger it reamins cut off so I can't see things like the number of stations on a boat. Additionally (this was mentioned in an earlier post and I'm guessing the update will address it) the help files don't like that I installed the QM in Program files instead of directly on C:. It keeps giving an error msg that it can't findthe files it's looking for on C:. I am really looking forward to exploring this new version - it looks awesome!

~~ Blazingnoob ~~

Captain of Blazing Phoenix
Monarch of Phoenix Rising
Cobalt
~~ Blazingnoob ~~

Do not meddle in the affairs of the Phoenix, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
[May 22, 2007 9:37:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
seb_long_uk

MIB was removed as Tailspin had problems with his server hosting.

WM

I'm really enjoying the new version but I am really missing the MIB facility. Is there absolutley no way of getting it back on....please?

I dont want to use the crew notice board to discuss possible promotions or coffer issues.

Thanks to all the people who have worked on this, you're my heroe's!

Whilst I can't speak directly for Tailspin, I can reasonably confidently say that this feature is not coming back.

Even when I make the windo bigger it reamins cut off so I can't see things like the number of stations on a boat.

This was addressed earlier, and is being looked into.

the help files don't like that I installed the QM in Program files instead of directly on C:. It keeps giving an error msg that it can't findthe files it's looking for on C:.

See above. :)

Until Tailspin has time to look over the bugs and problems, may I recommend ensuring your Java is up to date. I have the same version of QM as you guys with no problems with the window sizing. Whilst this might not sort the problem, it does ensure we are all at the same level.

Domokun,
trying to help!
Domokun
[May 22, 2007 12:23:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    My other sloop is a Gold/Gold rename [Link]  Go to top 
broken88

QM2 is great and all, but I feel its got too many gadgets with it, and I liked a lot of things from QM1 is simple to use and is a little better, for my tastes and what I need for pillages anyhow. Is there anyplace I can download QM1 anymore?
Brokenshadow of Sage
[May 22, 2007 6:28:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lesleywalker

Blazingnoob wrote: 
The help files don't like that I installed the QM in Program files instead of directly on C:. It keeps giving an error msg that it can't findthe files it's looking for on C:.

See this message for hopefully useful comments about the help files.
Jinxed Idol links
[May 22, 2007 6:42:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
samtheboy

QM2 is great and all, but I feel its got too many gadgets with it, and I liked a lot of things from QM1 is simple to use and is a little better, for my tastes and what I need for pillages anyhow. Is there anyplace I can download QM1 anymore?

What do you feel is too much for QM2?

WM
Want an avatar like mine? Just ask Phillite
"Sigh. No, you're never getting unbanned after making me waste 5 minutes of my time cleaning up after you." - Lizthegrey
[May 22, 2007 11:03:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://leagueoflight.forumup.org [Link]  Go to top 
Soar

Hi mates,

I just installed QM2 and I LOVE the new look! Unfortunately the right edge of the QM window is cut off. Even when I make the windo bigger it reamins cut off so I can't see things like the number of stations on a boat. Additionally (this was mentioned in an earlier post and I'm guessing the update will address it) the help files don't like that I installed the QM in Program files instead of directly on C:. It keeps giving an error msg that it can't findthe files it's looking for on C:. I am really looking forward to exploring this new version - it looks awesome!

~~ Blazingnoob ~~

Cobalt

Ahoy

Would you (or anyone else who has this trouble) be able to post a screen shot of this please mate?

Thanks!

Arbedar!
Tailspin
[May 23, 2007 5:50:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rehtwol

I do believe that the problem being complained about is the same we encountered in the beta phases... I still have the problem (I've grown to deal with it). I don't know if you attempted to fix this earlier (if you did then it didn't work for me), but it seems like there are more people with this problem...

As for screenies, if it is the problem I've been rambling about, then there are still the ones in the beta testing conference.
Hi! I'm:
Rehtwol
Of Midsummer Night's Dream
And I seem to be a member of Prestige...

Lotsofgoats says, "(>'.')> learn how to draw a kirby, newb"

[May 23, 2007 10:56:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
seb_long_uk

I do believe that the problem being complained about is the same we encountered in the beta phases... I still have the problem (I've grown to deal with it). I don't know if you attempted to fix this earlier (if you did then it didn't work for me), but it seems like there are more people with this problem...

As for screenies, if it is the problem I've been rambling about, then there are still the ones in the beta testing conference.

I had this problem, and it was fixed with one of the last updates in beta.

Domokun
Domokun
[May 23, 2007 12:06:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    My other sloop is a Gold/Gold rename [Link]  Go to top 
GoldenUrg

Bug: Bot Stats Reply to this Post

Pirate Stats for Load and Edit options are shown for bots based on there first word. It should give an error instead.

This also means that pirates with names matching bot adjective cannot be added to ship.

It should be noted that bots have reputation stats and entering these in QM (even if it must be manual) could be useful.
[May 23, 2007 1:36:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
btbgun22

Is there any way this program will work on a MAC?

and if not , are there any plans to make it mac compatable?
[May 23, 2007 1:52:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tlz_allen

Is there any way this program will work on a MAC?

and if not , are there any plans to make it mac compatable?

Alas, I feel yer pain, I was a Mac YPPer for some time and never knew how good the PCers had it with QM. But I switched a year or so ago and loved it in it s first version.

All I could ever come up with for a Mac that was remotely useful in th emanner of QM was a desktop pattern that I fit the client into that had a lot of various ship and pillage info around the edges. Comparatively speaking, it was sad at best compared to QMII.
TlzAllen
Captain, The Dawntreaders
[May 23, 2007 3:45:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    tlz_allen2 [Link]  Go to top 
PhoenixC

Hi mates,

~~ Blazingnoob ~~

Cobalt

Ahoy

Would you (or anyone else who has this trouble) be able to post a screen shot of this please mate?

Thanks!

Arbedar!
Tailspin

[IMG]http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s277/Blazingnoob/Swordpoint.jpg[/IMG]
~~ Blazingnoob ~~

Do not meddle in the affairs of the Phoenix, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
[May 23, 2007 5:29:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PhoenixC

wrong image before - sorry

~~ Blazingnoob ~~

[May 23, 2007 5:33:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PhoenixC

Just came across another issue. It won't hold the changes I make in options for the damage counter. I am switching from percentage to hits. When I then close it and call up the damage counter it still displays in percentage format. When I go back into options there is a check in both percentage and hits.
~~ Blazingnoob ~~

[May 23, 2007 7:05:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
KimKatianna

My QM looks exactly like this as well.
JadeBlythe

Proud to serve as Captain of the
Pirates Pleasure Chest Crew

Princess of Grabthar's Hammer

Hands off my Booty!!!

Cobalt Ocean
[May 23, 2007 7:12:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    kcorliss0809 [Link]  Go to top 
tiswasgirl

Ahoy

I'll put in a way for QM to remember your Yohoho.log location when setting it manually.

Arbedar!
Tailspin

Sorry, but at first my chat logs weren't happening, but thanks to your Help box i thought i had sorted it. Unfortunatley i have to set them up everytime i log on, both in QM & PP, and now i have around 16 chatlogs for 1 pirate!

Is there a particular order i should be doing this so that it remembers which chatlog goes with which pirate as i have alts that are also creating multiple log files

Thanks again

Tis
Tiswasgirl
[May 23, 2007 7:32:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ploute

Just came across another issue. It won't hold the changes I make in options for the damage counter. I am switching from percentage to hits. When I then close it and call up the damage counter it still displays in percentage format. When I go back into options there is a check in both percentage and hits.

Aye I've been having the same problem with the Damage counter, have since Beta.
--Ploute

Crazy Oeddies Toga Emporium, Cnossos, Midnight Ocean
Captain of Running Wild

Awesome Avatar done by GypsyGinger of Midnight
[May 23, 2007 9:46:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.silly-symphonies-flag.org    cfmanj    cfmanj [Link]  Go to top 
seb_long_uk

Re: Bug: Bot Stats Reply to this Post

Pirate Stats for Load and Edit options are shown for bots based on there first word. It should give an error instead.

This also means that pirates with names matching bot adjective cannot be added to ship.

It should be noted that bots have reputation stats and entering these in QM (even if it must be manual) could be useful.

Bots on ships are totally Able I believe. I make no comment on parlour game bots, as they may well have varied standings.

Domokun
Domokun
[May 24, 2007 12:49:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    My other sloop is a Gold/Gold rename [Link]  Go to top 
lesleywalker

DaredevilFan wrote: 
Are you going to update all the missing help files or just some?

The Help pages that I have text for currently are:

Auto-chat
Black and Gold lists
Chat logs
Crew Lists
Pay Cut list
Pillage Window
PTB
Vessel Info
Vessel List

I'm working on the Pillage Window now, and it strikes me we could really use some images to sprinkle in amongst the text to make it easier to follow.

This might be getting ambitious, but...
Is there somebody out there who can spare the time to screen-dump the Pillage Window and carve it up into little itty bits? PM me for my email address if you can help. (Presumably the help window can render the same image formats as the Pirate Trainer.)
Jinxed Idol links
[May 24, 2007 4:49:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
samtheboy

Bots on ships are totally Able I believe. I make no comment on parlour game bots, as they may well have varied standings.

Domokun

I think what he meant was that if you do a load stats on a bot that is on board (why you would, I'm not sure...) QM loads the stats for the bots first name.

So if you do a load stats for "Hairy Bernard" it in fact does a load stats for "Hairy" and therefore messes it all up.

WM
Want an avatar like mine? Just ask Phillite
"Sigh. No, you're never getting unbanned after making me waste 5 minutes of my time cleaning up after you." - Lizthegrey
[May 24, 2007 6:54:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://leagueoflight.forumup.org [Link]  Go to top 
Rehtwol

Domokun

Unless you are working with the navy.. in which case they are varied.. and you can't load them automatically because they don't have a pirate page... you have to do it automatically...
Hi! I'm:
Rehtwol
Of Midsummer Night's Dream
And I seem to be a member of Prestige...

Lotsofgoats says, "(>'.')> learn how to draw a kirby, newb"

[May 24, 2007 9:03:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dhughart

Ok I have a problem here. I love the new QMII but its not loading mates into QM when they get on me ship automatically like the original QM did. Do I have to "Add" each mate to me qm as they get on me ship now or is something wrong here? I'll try to Uninstall it and reinstall it and see if that helps and I'll check back here to see if anyone can help me with this.
Jonnyreb, SO of Thicker Than Blood,
Member of the flag Seraph's Nightmare
[May 25, 2007 10:59:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    jonnyreb411 [Link]  Go to top 
dhughart

Ok uninstalling and reinstalling didn't help, and not only is it not auto adding crew mates, its also not playing the alert tones I wan it too. Someone please help me, I'm begging! Oh ya and autojobing isn't working either and thats the most important part fer me as I serve as me flags jc in blocks and use this program for it.
Jonnyreb, SO of Thicker Than Blood,
Member of the flag Seraph's Nightmare
[May 25, 2007 11:35:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    jonnyreb411 [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 759   Pages: 26   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates