• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 759
Posts: 759   Pages: 26   [ First Page | Previous Page | 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 157851 times and has 758 replies Next Thread
evry88

Re: QuarterMaster II - Public Release - Support Reply to this Post

Ok, checked the program, dead. Not going past the crew thingy. I believe i know the problem(s).
One: I've played with the chat log loacations so many times it may not be connecting correctly
Two: The most likely problem that took some research/talking it out with someone in my crew. My chat logs...they well...aren't chat logs. When i double click (as if to open and read them) nothing happens. When i got and check their propoerties, it says weird things like "not a document, shortcut only"...etc. It sounds confusing as i tend not to know how to explain computery things. If ye need more explanations i can try to screenie things for ya.
Three: I haven't downloaded anything since you were last "active" any recent updates aren't on my computer.

Thanks for working on this :) I loved QM I and predict i will feel the same about the new & improved QM.
----------------------------------------
Evry
Captain of the British Eagles
Prince of the Flag Blowin' In The Wind

Viridian.
[Jan 6, 2008 6:21:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Soar

Ok, checked the program, dead. Not going past the crew thingy. I believe i know the problem(s).
One: I've played with the chat log loacations so many times it may not be connecting correctly
Two: The most likely problem that took some research/talking it out with someone in my crew. My chat logs...they well...aren't chat logs. When i double click (as if to open and read them) nothing happens. When i got and check their propoerties, it says weird things like "not a document, shortcut only"...etc. It sounds confusing as i tend not to know how to explain computery things. If ye need more explanations i can try to screenie things for ya.
Three: I haven't downloaded anything since you were last "active" any recent updates aren't on my computer.

Thanks for working on this :) I loved QM I and predict i will feel the same about the new & improved QM.

Ok that's good news then. Now we can start looking for answers :]

I'll send you a PM shortly with some instructions on what to do first.

Thanks mate!

Arbedar!
Tailspin
[Jan 7, 2008 1:49:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
evry88

Funny how me pronouncing a program dead that you created is "good news" in your opinon :P Kind-of ironic ;)
Evry

Viridian.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by evry88 at Jan 9, 2008 2:58:05 PM]
[Jan 7, 2008 7:55:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rohane

Okay I gots my old laptop back, so if needed I can see if QM II will work and or not work as the case may be.
~Rohane
No one agrees with him. Then again he doesn't agree with anyone else either.

http://www.phpbbplanet.com/roms/
The link above is for my own personal benifit. kkthnxbai
[Jan 7, 2008 11:34:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Soar

Okay I gots my old laptop back, so if needed I can see if QM II will work and or not work as the case may be.

Yep, that'd be great if you wouldn't mind mate.

Arbedar!
Tailspin
[Jan 8, 2008 12:52:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SirGuinness

I tried to download QM today, and it shows that the download link is disabled.... Anyplace else i can get it?

Roterbart
SO of Reapers of Souls
Perseverance
Cobalt Ocean
RoterBart
SO, Reapers of Souls
Prince, Flaming Rosebud
Cobalt Ocean
[Jan 9, 2008 12:49:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Soar

Ahoy

The QM site is down for a couple of days. Am working to get it fixed asap.

Sorry for troible mates.

Arbedar!
Tailspin
[Jan 9, 2008 2:12:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SirGuinness

thanks mate! appreciate the response!
RoterBart
SO, Reapers of Souls
Prince, Flaming Rosebud
Cobalt Ocean
[Jan 9, 2008 5:10:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lorkiria

If anyone familiar with QMII could take a peek to see if the wiki page for QM is up to date, that would be a good thing. http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/QuarterMaster_Pirate_Helper

- Guppy
"There is no salvation in becoming adapted to a world which is crazy." - Henry Miller
[Jan 10, 2008 7:35:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Soar

If anyone familiar with QMII could take a peek to see if the wiki page for QM is up to date, that would be a good thing. http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/QuarterMaster_Pirate_Helper

- Guppy

Aye, that's definitly out of date. It looks like version 1.6 or 7. The current version is 2.2.

Version 2.3 is due out soon and one of the things I'm going to include is the last of the help files. So that should make a wiki update much easier as most of the text could be copy-pasted. I'll leave that to the experts though. It seems everytime I touch the wiki I envoke a storm of rewrites and editing, lol.

On a different topic, is there anyone who can maintain a mirror site for the QuarterMaster download? My site does go down sometimes and I cringe everytime I see those "What's up with QM" posts bobbing around the forum. It would be nice to have an alternative DL location.

Arbedar!
Tailspin
[Jan 11, 2008 12:21:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scrappyilse

Like right now.... Getting a strange website with a bunch of non related links...... Nothing about the Quartermaster though.... Oceaneer.com?

I'd love to download QM......

Edit: Sorry, didn't read one of the previous posts.....
~regards, Ilse~
Aye, me pirate's life is wonderful!
Obsidian Ocean:
Scrapper
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Scrappyilse at Jan 11, 2008 4:34:57 AM]
[Jan 11, 2008 4:33:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://ilsemul.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Biliter01

On a different topic, is there anyone who can maintain a mirror site for the QuarterMaster download? My site does go down sometimes and I cringe everytime I see those "What's up with QM" posts bobbing around the forum. It would be nice to have an alternative DL location.

Arbedar!
Tailspin

Sure, when I get the file I'll host a mirror and update the wiki as such.

Haywoodx
Viridian
Haywoodx on Viridian and Hunter

No Crew
No Flag
No Money
:P

The Shop Tool
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Biliter01 at Jan 11, 2008 5:11:19 AM]
[Jan 11, 2008 5:10:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
EverclearBoy

Looks like this damage table needs to be updated.

Was using a Sloop vs Brigand Merchant Galleon.

The Merchant Galleon had its nose pointed into a Wind pushing it in the opposite direction.

I used the wind to fire 3 shots into the MG trying to turn last second but failed and "bumped" into the Galleon to the side of my sloop.

This didnt create 33% damage as shown in QM, but rather 8% like a rock ram lists.
Amberon says, "Tricky little bastards."
Stud at Drinking Competitions says, "umm >.> will u quit for 50% of what i win? >.>"
Everclearboy officer chats "Stud's offering me Half a bird?"
[Jan 11, 2008 9:47:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Soar

Ahoy mates

Site is back up :]

Arbedar!
Tailspin
[Jan 11, 2008 12:12:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shikamaru144

Where sould i put the chat logs from the puzzle pirates(applacation) and the QM chat logs in?
I have windows vista :/
Theres something sharp in my mouth.
Please get it out

[Jan 11, 2008 4:08:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://vampirefreaks.com/xxHeartBrokenNinjaxx [Link]  Go to top 
Shikamaru144

Where sould i put the chat logs from the puzzle pirates(applacation) and the QM chat logs in?

I figured out how to get the chat working, but how do i get the crew fully updated?
Theres something sharp in my mouth.
Please get it out

[Jan 11, 2008 4:20:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://vampirefreaks.com/xxHeartBrokenNinjaxx [Link]  Go to top 
Soar

The best way is to make a new folder in you QM directory, it's usually C:\QuarterMaster, and call it "ChatLogs". Like this:
C:\QuarterMaster\ChatLogs\

Then tell PP to save them there. Be sure to read the help files in QM on how to get set up to avoid any little troubles.

Arbedar!
Tailspin
[Jan 11, 2008 4:21:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hayk3

Still have trouble with the (Chat LOG)
[Jan 14, 2008 8:38:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
x5tink

not sure if this has been said but any way
in atalantis when u fight dragoons it records who was fighting the dragoons as whos on the boat thus killing all people on vessel board
u need a way to turn this off (i haven't found it yet) or a way of know atlantis
X,SMHing

another idea: add people to the logs when they talk though vessel?
xstink ~~ hunter
http://xtirmination.myminicity.com
[Edit 1 times, last edit by x5tink at Jan 17, 2008 1:12:34 AM]
[Jan 17, 2008 1:05:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
yaypuzzlez

Will QM ever works with Atlantis?
I am Capberry | Rumbleboy.

Retired.
[Jan 17, 2008 2:52:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Soar

Ahoy

A lot of the new stuff I'm putting in V2.3 is to make QM more atlantis compatible.

Hopefully it wont be too much longer. The sea monsters are being difficult :[

Arbedar!
Tailspin
[Jan 17, 2008 4:22:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tlz_allen

OK, I have a question as it seems this should be doable...

Is there a way to make the Damage counter automatically collect the CB hits and report them to the Damage Counter screen?

My reason for asking this is that we know that the game - both client side and on the game server - must compile this information as the battle sequence takes place. It has to record it for the me lee as well as PvP battles to determine if and when a ship should sink. And it must compile what type of shot is being used, as well as when ships ram each other hit rocks.

One other thing as far as battles go ... Would it also be possible to add a turn counter?
TlzAllen
Captain, The Dawntreaders
[Jan 22, 2008 10:27:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    tlz_allen2 [Link]  Go to top 
_Tirian_

I believe that QM only "knows" what is in your chat logs, so it has no idea about the type or size of ship that you are battling, when and how ships are damaged, or when new turns take place. Perhaps the best feature that could be granted with the current design is for the damage counter to be reset when you engage a ship.
Tirian on Viridian
[Jan 22, 2008 10:53:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
maxdsterling

Agree with what Tirian said...

QM can only know what is in the chat logs and the system logs... Thus, QM has no idea about the battle itself, just the start, finish, and outcome of it (and PoE booty count)

That being said, a very poor turn counter would count the 30 seconds+ animation time for each turn on the board. Since animation can take anywhere from >1 second to a full 5 seconds (move and shoot/grapple on each turn) it would be impractical to make a timer.

An option to reset the counters on re-engage would be a nice feature...
Silverspoon
Retired Senior Officer of The Eternal Hydrae
Echidna's Children
[Jan 22, 2008 1:03:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dulcinea2168

I'd love to see the longship specs added to the voyage planner, personally.
Aldonza ~ Dulcinea
Sage ~ Malachite (& Viridian)

The dichotomy of me. :D

Rafikie said:

I know where to place my wood.

[Jan 22, 2008 7:16:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    gamegirl2168 [Link]  Go to top 
Soar

Ahoy

Just tying up the last few loose ends for V2.3 this week. Sorry for the delay.

Longships will be going in to the voyage planner, soon as I stop it from trying to load up sea monsters with rum and shot.

Arbedar!
Tailspin
[Jan 23, 2008 12:17:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Blackcat_69

Is there a way to make the Damage counter automatically collect the CB hits and report them to the Damage Counter screen?

My reason for asking this is that we know that the game - both client side and on the game server - must compile this information as the battle sequence takes place. It has to record it for the me lee as well as PvP battles to determine if and when a ship should sink. And it must compile what type of shot is being used, as well as when ships ram each other hit rocks.

One other thing as far as battles go ... Would it also be possible to add a turn counter?

Not really... Accessing chat logs is ok, accessing the In Game data, which would be needed in order to do what you requested, is in direct violation of the YPP TOS because it would interact directly with the code. Reverse Engineering and all that. Reading from the screen is one possibility, but with the lag issues in the game, it isn't as possible as one would think. So QM will most likely never automatically count shots for you until they add chat line play by plays.

Blackgato, Captain,
Blue and Violent

* Boom, boom, boom, lets go back to my room... oops, ye sank...
[Jan 23, 2008 7:42:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://chimera.webhop.net [Link]  Go to top 
Wheebiscuit

An option to reset the counters on re-engage would be a nice feature...

I assume this is a request for an automatic reset of the damage counters whenever a ship is engaged. This would be a GREAT option. Easily done I would think as there are chatlog messages to work with.

\me adds another request for Soar to do yet more work.

~ Aarghbird (who is always willing to help with QM development)
Aarghbird of Cerlulean
Monarch of Mixed Nuts
Captain of Rum by Gum
Chief Mixed-Up-Nut

Avatar by the arrrsome Billshakes
[Jan 23, 2008 9:05:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
evry88

Ok, don't know if it'll be in the next update or not but here is a scenario:

A respectable Officer (from my crew) planks himself from MY ship already IN PORT just to be funny, i happened to have QM on and set to auto-black list for plankings, he went on. I've gotten him off the black list byu hitting remove, but how do i take the offence from his name? i alos like it with 3 offences gets perm. listed...I don't want someone like him getting black listed for something dumb such as that....I've brought up his page, went to hte offence box where it already has a little one, highlighted it tried to overwrite on it, no avail, tried back spacing and the darn little 1 doesn't go bye-bye...

Any help?

(Edit: added some more words for a clearer understanding)
Evry

Viridian.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by evry88 at Jan 25, 2008 5:56:05 PM]
[Jan 25, 2008 5:55:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Blackcat_69

Ok, don't know if it'll be in the next update or not but here is a scenario:

A respectable Officer (from my crew) planks himself from MY ship already IN PORT just to be funny, i happened to have QM on and set to auto-black list for plankings, he went on. I've gotten him off the black list byu hitting remove, but how do i take the offence from his name? i alos like it with 3 offences gets perm. listed...I don't want someone like him getting black listed for something dumb such as that....I've brought up his page, went to hte offence box where it already has a little one, highlighted it tried to overwrite on it, no avail, tried back spacing and the darn little 1 doesn't go bye-bye...

Right Clicking will allow him to be removed from the black list. Also in the same tab as ye turn on the auto jobbing is an Ignore crewmember offenses box

Blackgato, Captain,
Blue and Violent

* Blackgato has forced himself to walk the plank rather than listen to you prattle on...
[Jan 25, 2008 8:49:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://chimera.webhop.net [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 759   Pages: 26   [ First Page | Previous Page | 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates