• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 759
Posts: 759   Pages: 26   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 155327 times and has 758 replies Next Thread
Spelunk

Re: QuarterMaster II - Public Release - Support Reply to this Post

Ok... AMD X2 4400, 2GB Ram, XP Pro, tons of room on hard drive.

I can cause the error by:
Launch QM
Select Training
Start Editor
Load Basic Training
Try Preview

I know yesterday I was able to obtain the error without using the Editor...
[May 15, 2007 8:21:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tiberyus

+ I'd love to be able to disable (or better - minimize) input box in certain channels - it's only 3 lines there now...

Even if it's four
----------------------------------------
Tiberyus, in a crew on an ocean

people are harsh on ypp

[May 15, 2007 12:56:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Spiritsoar

Seems to be an issue (at least on my machine) with the Training module. No end of "Access violation at ???? in module QuarterMaster.exe. Read of address ????" with the locations changing.

Same problem here. Not posting from home at the moment, but will get back to you with computer specs. Seems to happen randomly for me when running various aspects of the training program (Which I otherwise really like). I will keep playing around, to see if I can see a pattern to what causes the errors. It seems to happen most often so far after i've been editing a training program, and attempt to close the trainer. This is sometimes fixed by closing QM and restarting, and sometimes afterward QM will refuse to close as well, and needs to be Ctl-Alt-Del --> End tasked. Both actions cause the Error message listed above.
Spiritsoar
Senior Officer of White Rose
Member of Blood and Roses
[May 15, 2007 1:02:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rohane

Something I find soooooo annoying with the new Damage counter, is the lack of being able to chose, which verson of the damage counter I could use.

You see before I would always chose the CB hits, over percentage, cause with percentage I can never tell how many more shots it takes to max them, and thus I would sometimes overshoot. I don't like wasting anymore cannonballs than I have to. :P
~Rohane
No one agrees with him. Then again he doesn't agree with anyone else either.

http://www.phpbbplanet.com/roms/
The link above is for my own personal benifit. kkthnxbai
[May 15, 2007 1:58:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
samtheboy

You still can... it's in the options (the nav wheel button at the top) under "Dmg Counter" tab.

2nd time in as many pages I've said that...

WM
Want an avatar like mine? Just ask Phillite
"Sigh. No, you're never getting unbanned after making me waste 5 minutes of my time cleaning up after you." - Lizthegrey
[May 15, 2007 2:18:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://leagueoflight.forumup.org [Link]  Go to top 
Rohane

Uhm matey, that only changes what you say outward to the crew. NOT for changing the damage counter. And please for the love of me, don't make me go and have to press a extra button every turn? It wastes a full half second every time. And those seconds add up.
~Rohane
No one agrees with him. Then again he doesn't agree with anyone else either.

http://www.phpbbplanet.com/roms/
The link above is for my own personal benifit. kkthnxbai
[May 15, 2007 5:04:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
samtheboy

No, really it doesn't only change that - just tried it... it may say "Score Broadcast Options" but it also changes your counter as well.

WM
"Sigh. No, you're never getting unbanned after making me waste 5 minutes of my time cleaning up after you." - Lizthegrey
[May 15, 2007 11:52:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://leagueoflight.forumup.org [Link]  Go to top 
MrTeatime

Just for the records: I get the access violation in the Trainer, too.
Eldrick auf Opal
Leitender Offizier (Senior Officer) der Ghosts of Darkness
Priester des dunklen Lords El Pollo
[May 16, 2007 10:36:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    mrteatime2001    JonathanTeatime    22517701 [Link]  Go to top 
seb_long_uk

Just for the records: I get the access violation in the Trainer, too.

I'm trying to reproduce this, the Error I managed to get was this:

Access violation at address 00451E4F in module 'Quartermaster.exe'. Read of address 00000180

I opened the Pirate trainer, then editor, closed without making changes, then tried to close the Trainer window, using either the Close button or the X, it gives this message every time, and it can't be closed. Could this be another Java version problem?

Domo
Domokun
Avatar by the incredible Tilinka
[May 16, 2007 11:36:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    My other sloop is a Gold/Gold rename [Link]  Go to top 
Soar

Ahoy

Working on some fixes now for the report problems. The access violation is tough one as it's so damn slippery. One minute it is there, the next it's gone. I think I may have found it though.

Should have an update out this weekend.

Arbedar!
Tailspin
[May 17, 2007 7:01:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Soar

...and thank ye all those beta testers who are coming in to answer support requests. It's very much appreciated mates :]

Arbedar!
Tailspin
[May 17, 2007 7:11:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tiberyus

Just wondering... Is there any more trainer courses published, or do we have to go and write ourselves..

I'd be more than willing to open some courses market - trading secrets of art, etc., but I just can't find anyone having any courses writen.

people are harsh on ypp

[May 17, 2007 8:24:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
seb_long_uk

Just wondering... Is there any more trainer courses published, or do we have to go and write ourselves..

I'd be more than willing to open some courses market - trading secrets of art, etc., but I just can't find anyone having any courses writen.

Pirate trainer courses are player written, which is especially useful for Captains like me who want to customise the training of my Crew. If you want to write a course, great! Perhaps you could create a thread, Google shared document, or email ring to co-write it with others?

Domokun,
loving the idea of community written trainer courses, sort of like a walking, talking YPPedia.
Domokun
Avatar by the incredible Tilinka
[May 17, 2007 9:15:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    My other sloop is a Gold/Gold rename [Link]  Go to top 
samtheboy

If you make a course you can email it to soar and it will be checked over and possibly released as a patch.

WM
[May 17, 2007 1:21:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://leagueoflight.forumup.org [Link]  Go to top 
Tiberyus

You missed the point. I was wondering if someone strong at a puzzle would be interested in TRADING courses. Should I open a new thread for this?..

people are harsh on ypp

[May 17, 2007 10:30:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
samtheboy

There is a trading course, but it's mainly on how to get up speed really quickly and avoid battles, not so much on the finer points of trading.

Soar, release that one in a patch mate :p

WM
[May 17, 2007 10:59:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://leagueoflight.forumup.org [Link]  Go to top 
Tiberyus

NOT looking for a course in trading.
TRADING a course of mine to someone elses.

people are harsh on ypp

[May 17, 2007 11:11:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
samtheboy

Ah, now I understand. Why don't you just get them published for free?
The amount of time that people gave up (for free) to make this, not just Tailspin but all the help writers, proofreaders, course writer, beta testers means that it will be frowned upon by us (well, me at least) if someone was wanting to not let anyone use this.
Plus OMs said that QM had to be free and I would imagine that this would include any modules for it.

WM
[May 17, 2007 11:20:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://leagueoflight.forumup.org [Link]  Go to top 
Tiberyus

I haven't written anything yet. I'm just willing to in case someone writes a strong course on some puzzle and shares it. I have no problem writing something for the sake of publishing, but I am WAAAY more interested in encouraging elite players to share their wisdom. Boothook could have never published his works on rumble and be a rumble legend like SD is at swordfights. Do you know, how many tutorials, posts OR videos exist on TD? None! What I'm trying to do is encourage people to teach others their skills.

people are harsh on ypp

[May 18, 2007 3:12:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DaredevilFan

Are you going to update all the missing help files or just some? I love your damage counter option but I would like to customise it so I can have it the other way around. I was taught to type out Them first then Us.
Jessicajones - SO of Mixed Nuts
[May 18, 2007 11:23:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Soar

Ahoy

The next patch will likely only contain some of new help files.

The damage counter broadcast can be fully customized to pretty much anything you want. Check out the "custom" option in the program options under damage counter. I think the help page for the program options has already been released too.

With regards to the training courses, aye they need to be made by players. If anyone would like to make thier course availible to everyone I can offer web hosting of the installation package. I'm hoping there will one day be enough to create a course library on the YYPedia.

Arbedar!
Tailspin
[May 18, 2007 6:45:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DaredevilFan

When I go to the help files for the damage counter I get Update Required and when I try to customize it, it dosen't seem to work. If there's a update for it not sure where to go get it.
Jessicajones - SO of Mixed Nuts
[May 19, 2007 8:36:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
samtheboy

update required just means they haven't been written yet, but are being done at the moment.

Don't worry about it, they will appear soon!

WM
[May 19, 2007 1:43:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://leagueoflight.forumup.org [Link]  Go to top 
Ridgerat

I cant find the yohoho.log file anywhere. Using javascript version vs a downloaded version, can you help me out. Not where help file says to find it.
[May 19, 2007 4:28:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
samtheboy

It is (by default) in
C:\Program Files\Three Rings Design\Puzzle Pirates

Point QM to there and it should be fine!

WM
[May 19, 2007 5:36:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://leagueoflight.forumup.org [Link]  Go to top 
KimKatianna

I just downloaded QM 2 and everything works great. A special thanks to everyone who put so much into this.

I do have one problem when I open my screen in 1024x768 the far left main panel cuts off the right hand section so I am missing part of the wheel button, ejot buttons and most importantly the boat specifications for stations per puzzle and large ball damage. I have tried extending it as far as I can and it only moves to the right and will not show the missing items to the left. I can provide an image if necessary just let me know.

Thanks again, this program makes me enjoy this game so much more.

Jadeblythe
Cobalt
Order of the Phoenix
JadeBlythe

Proud to serve as Captain of the
Pirates Pleasure Chest Crew

Princess of Grabthar's Hammer

Hands off my Booty!!!

Cobalt Ocean
[May 21, 2007 12:44:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    kcorliss0809 [Link]  Go to top 
Vorky

It is (by default) in
C:\Program Files\Three Rings Design\Puzzle Pirates

Point QM to there and it should be fine!

WM

Not always. When I installed PP the first time I was logged on as a limited user under XP and so it installed to
C:\Documents and Settings\user name\Application Data\Three Rings Design\

Now whenever I start QM II, I have to tell it where to find the Yohoho file, as it never seems to remember and find it automatically.
[May 21, 2007 4:07:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kapish

my problem is witht he pirate trainer
do i HAVE to be master in carp to be officer
my scroll key is pathetic but i feel if i can be master in bilge and sail i should be allowed to go ahead
is there any way to go ahead without master ??
[May 21, 2007 6:42:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tiberyus

Open the template in editorial and remove the frame checking Carp, then compile it under different name and install to QM again?.

people are harsh on ypp

[May 21, 2007 7:13:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Soar

Ahoy

I'll put in a way for QM to remember your Yohoho.log location when setting it manually.

With the screen cutt off problems, is this happening because all the windows do not fit in the desktop or are the QM borders actualy cutting off parts of the interface? The windows may be too big if you are using a desktop theme with fat window borders.

Aye, you can customize any part of any training course using the editor and then reinstall.

The update is taking longer than expected as I'm pretty busy at home atm.

Arbedar!
Tailspin
[May 21, 2007 8:03:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 759   Pages: 26   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates