• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 759
Posts: 759   Pages: 26   [ First Page | Previous Page | 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 154272 times and has 758 replies Next Thread
Soar

Re: QuarterMaster II - Public Release - Support Reply to this Post

Ahoy

I'm still here, but very busy atm. Just about all of my hobbies and pet projects have been shelved for a while.

I know QM2 is still have troubles on some systems and I will get back to it as soon as I can :]

Arbedar!
Tailspin
[Jul 6, 2007 2:00:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mollybaby

I just downloaded QM2 (my first time using QM) and my problem is after starting, it stops responding at the loading of crew stage, I have to click on end program. I'm on Windows XP Home.

I've followed instructions, entered chatlog name, etc. I even found my crew ID#, but don't know how or where I should enter it if I needed to.
----------------------------------------
Queen of the flag Chaos's Destiny
Captain of Outtamyway
Viridian Ocean
[Jul 7, 2007 7:54:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lyoko_Xana

whats the link for the new quester master? ^.-
Orochi --
Viridian --
Dragon {L}over and everyone knows it --
Everyone wants to be like me --
[Jul 7, 2007 9:39:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rohane

That would be at the front of the page
~Rohane
No one agrees with him. Then again he doesn't agree with anyone else either.

http://www.phpbbplanet.com/roms/
The link above is for my own personal benifit. kkthnxbai
[Jul 7, 2007 9:44:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Alec1000

I know, i've been threatened to leave but I need help with Quartermaster II. It's the chat logs. Do i need to type the full file name in, or just the folder name?
[Jul 13, 2007 11:00:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
foudetimbres

Just the folder, easiest way is probably to click the suspension marks(...) and find them that way.
Dirtyfoot
Senior Officer of the British Eagles

Eurydice wrote: 
Hee! I like that Glaucus was forced to take the name "Glaucus" because that was the sound you made in your throat before spitting the winning gum.

[Jul 15, 2007 1:45:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
skiffygrrl

I don' t know if anybody has mentioned this or not, but I have one consistent problem in QM II that I also had in QM 1.x, and that is....

....if I'm soloing and duty navigating, even if I have autoplank enabled in all ways, autoplank is somehow disabled and people board with impunity.

Since I tend to concentrate on the nav puzzle whilst memorizing, I don't see these boarders until too late.

On a side note, as long as I'm NOT duty navving, autoplank/PTB is functional. It's just when I'm duty naving and I"m soloing....

Please check this out, because it's when a person is soloing that they really need autoplank the most, so to have this feature disabled by doing duty nav defeats the whole purpose.

Thank you.
Adrianalidah and variants everywhere
Gwynhwyfahr in a few places

Current avatar courtesy of a game glitch, Halloween 2008
[Jul 18, 2007 12:01:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.sff.net/people/a.gormley    skiffygrrl [Link]  Go to top 
coolgoo33

how do i make it auto plank on my ship and i need help with the options part
Coolgoo On sage
[Jul 23, 2007 10:59:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tlz_allen

how do i make it auto plank on my ship and i need help with the options part

Go to the pillage section (under the little helm wheel at the top) and select Autoplank. You also get to add a message as to why they experienced a splashdown.

One drawback is that even though they have been planked, I find that I typically lose the bot anyways. SO make sure you still keep a weatehr eye on the vessel tab and make sure to rehire that bot before yer bilge gets too big! ;)
TlzAllen
Captain, The Dawntreaders
[Jul 23, 2007 2:11:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    tlz_allen2 [Link]  Go to top 
evry88

Still working on the Loaing Crew hang up mates.

Arbedar!
Tailspin

Just to possibly help you out.....i was one of the few people who had this loading crew hang-up problem......today due to the server power outage i required the use of my chat logs....i had originally set them up through default (didn't change anything and just let Y!PP set it up). When i went to open my logs, it didn't work, (there was no open option), after figuring it out on crew chat, a crew mate of mine suggested that it may be a revolving link...don't know if that could be the problem...

Please try to fix this problem :)

edit : quotes
Evry
Captain of the British Eagles
Prince of the Flag Blowin' In The Wind

Viridian.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by evry88 at Jul 29, 2007 5:28:26 AM]
[Jul 24, 2007 7:54:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Laotze

When loading pirate stats, is it possible to have a button that would do all 65 pirates at once instead of having to right click pirate/ left click load stats...etc?
Lao...
Independent, belligerent asshat!
[Jul 25, 2007 8:26:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
samtheboy

No, this was intentional so yoweb wasn't put under too much strain. It's still frustrating though...

WM
Want an avatar like mine? Just ask Phillite
"Sigh. No, you're never getting unbanned after making me waste 5 minutes of my time cleaning up after you." - Lizthegrey
[Jul 26, 2007 1:42:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://leagueoflight.forumup.org [Link]  Go to top 
dibbloony

Perhaps it would be acceptable if it were to pause for a few seconds between loading each pirate's stats?
[Jul 26, 2007 7:41:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dibbloony

I don't think it will be possible to do that because while you're playing a game you can't type into the chat window. I think QM hooks into the chat and inserts a /pl command. If you use the plank command from QM while youre pleaying a game it doesn't work unles you press esc to enable chat first.

I don' t know if anybody has mentioned this or not, but I have one consistent problem in QM II that I also had in QM 1.x, and that is....

....if I'm soloing and duty navigating, even if I have autoplank enabled in all ways, autoplank is somehow disabled and people board with impunity.

Since I tend to concentrate on the nav puzzle whilst memorizing, I don't see these boarders until too late.

On a side note, as long as I'm NOT duty navving, autoplank/PTB is functional. It's just when I'm duty naving and I"m soloing....

Please check this out, because it's when a person is soloing that they really need autoplank the most, so to have this feature disabled by doing duty nav defeats the whole purpose.

Thank you.

[Jul 26, 2007 7:46:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lovefun

ok i having so much problems with this thing lmao well ok i know about the chatlog setting but ok what is the Yohoho.log supose to be please help i cant get it working grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr please help
[Jul 27, 2007 10:29:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lesleywalker

The yohoho log is in the directory where YPP is installed, most likely C:\Program Files\Three Rings Design\Puzzle Pirates
Rumbletum - FO, Crimson Sabers, Colbalt
Cheery - Alchemist, Ankh-Morpork City Watch, Cobalt
Jinxed Idol links
[Jul 28, 2007 5:51:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mr_Swagger

I have QM ll but it keeps saying (Not Responding), anyone know why?
Timberland All Oceans
[Jul 28, 2007 8:03:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
evry88

I have QM ll but it keeps saying (Not Responding), anyone know why?

Would this be when it says "loading crews"?

if so, there are a couple of people (myself included) who have brought this up with out a fix as of now.
Evry
Captain of the British Eagles
Prince of the Flag Blowin' In The Wind

Viridian.
[Aug 5, 2007 8:04:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ploute

I had that problem for awhile and then I started making sure that I wasn't running a lot of things at the same time, thus I had more RAM open and that fixed the problem.

Also be patient, in the beginning it took me about 5 minutes to load it. Once your crew is loaded properly the time cuts down to about 3 or 4. Just let it sit and run and don't mess with it.
--Ploute

Crazy Oeddies Toga Emporium, Cnossos, Midnight Ocean
Captain of Running Wild

Awesome Avatar done by GypsyGinger of Midnight
[Aug 5, 2007 1:07:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.silly-symphonies-flag.org    cfmanj    cfmanj [Link]  Go to top 
Hebacheba123

My QuarterMaster II has gotten really buggy. Here's a list of the bugs that are happening in the order they appeared. (None of these were there when I first got QuarterMaster II, they slowly started appearing after a while).

-People who I jobbed got auto-planked when I had PTB enabled
-Bots would show up on my permanent blacklist for no reason
-It would say that I was in melee right when I opened it
-I had two permanent blacklists and no normal blacklist, but it still acted like both blacklists were fine

Is there a way to get rid of these glitches and prevent them happening in the future without deleting my autochat, blacklist, goldlist, and other settings?
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Hebacheba123 at Aug 10, 2007 6:55:03 PM]
[Aug 10, 2007 6:53:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rohane

Unfortunitly no there isn't... not until Soar comes back.

SOAR WHERE ARE YOU?!!!!1!!1111!elevinty!
~Rohane
No one agrees with him. Then again he doesn't agree with anyone else either.

http://www.phpbbplanet.com/roms/
The link above is for my own personal benifit. kkthnxbai
[Aug 11, 2007 8:45:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
yummyyumm

You might be able to fix them by:

1) Changing chatlogs, they may have gotten too long or corrupt? Either delete them, or start a new file.

2) Re-installing

EDIT: And as for the amount of time it takes to load everything, I think that is solely based on how quickly QMII can access the internet, so it really depends on how fast your internet is. For me it only takes about 10 seconds.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by yummyyumm at Aug 12, 2007 4:43:39 PM]
[Aug 12, 2007 4:35:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hebacheba123

I completely uninstalled and reinstalled QM2, but when I opened it, everything was the same. I still had two permanent black lists, all my autochat was there, etc. Does QM2 store information in a different file or something? I'm confused.
[Aug 13, 2007 12:26:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cheap369

I cannot even start the program up.. I installed it and set my chat logs and pirate name. For Viridian ocean. It will proceed to say Loading Pirate... and then Loading Crew... but at the loading crew it always crashes. Any ideas?
[Aug 16, 2007 8:17:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ReneRajaram

I cant get the download to work it says Intenet Explorer cannot display the web page.....is there a way that i can download QM 2?
[Aug 18, 2007 9:47:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mr_Swagger

I cant get the download to work it says Intenet Explorer cannot display the web page.....is there a way that i can download QM 2?

Try this: Full Package Download or the Zip file
Timberland All Oceans
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Mr_Swagger at Aug 18, 2007 1:35:47 PM]
[Aug 18, 2007 1:26:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Diaga

Hey I'm having the same problem and I tried both of those links but both took me back to the same page. Could someone help me out? Can't live without QM lol
Diaga

Proud Senior Officer of Perilous Pirates
Proud citizen of Viridian

My opinions are my own.
[Aug 19, 2007 10:19:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ReneRajaram

yeah both of those links take me to the problem loading page still.....my problem is i cant connect to oceaneer.com whatever link i click...can one of u send it to me through msn or something.....my msn username is gamerboy1994@optonline.com...please if u can send the installer...ive never used quartermaster and ive heard its very helpful
[Aug 19, 2007 1:14:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Wheebiscuit

I completely uninstalled and reinstalled QM2, but when I opened it, everything was the same. I still had two permanent black lists, all my autochat was there, etc. Does QM2 store information in a different file or something? I'm confused.

QM stores information in a separate folder called Users (not too descriptive, but meh.) It contains the blacklist files and such.

Good luck. Sorry I can't help more .

- Aarghbird (mostly on Cobalt)
Aarghbird of Cerlulean
Monarch of Mixed Nuts
Captain of Rum by Gum
Chief Mixed-Up-Nut

Avatar by the arrrsome Billshakes
[Aug 20, 2007 11:26:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ploute

Yeah looks like the whole site Soar used to post it has gone down. Could be linked to Soar not being on-line. I hope Soar is okay. Anyone that has his RL information can you please verify that he's okay? Thanks mates.
--Ploute

Crazy Oeddies Toga Emporium, Cnossos, Midnight Ocean
Captain of Running Wild

Awesome Avatar done by GypsyGinger of Midnight
[Aug 20, 2007 1:35:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.silly-symphonies-flag.org    cfmanj    cfmanj [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 759   Pages: 26   [ First Page | Previous Page | 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates