• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 759
Posts: 759   Pages: 26   [ First Page | Previous Page | 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 154449 times and has 758 replies Next Thread
Resflame

Re: QuarterMaster II - Public Release - Support Reply to this Post

i need help with QM, i finish all the steps up to go to qm and put the file on qm and click go, i cant find the file that i put in puzzle pirates! when i try to go it says sumthin like

unable to locate your chat log for this pirate.
[Jun 17, 2007 12:16:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rohane

6. Because the game reads all info from the chat log file, you will need to enable this. Go to the "Options" window and then the "Chat" tab and select a directory to save your chat logs to. Please remember this directory. There are also detailed instructions on enabling the PP chat logs in the QM help files.

Did you do this part? This is for enabling the chat logs in the game.
----------------------------------------
~Rohane
No one agrees with him. Then again he doesn't agree with anyone else either.

http://www.phpbbplanet.com/roms/
The link above is for my own personal benifit. kkthnxbai
[Jun 17, 2007 4:58:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
happyman947

I'm having this problem also. I just did that and it still won't work
~Tough

Senior Officer and First Mate of the crew HAND OF NEPTUNE.

Prince of the flag OCEAN EXPLORERS

TOUGHMAN: LIVE 2 PWN.
[Jun 17, 2007 5:02:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
happyman947

I'm having this problem also. I just did that and it still won't work

ok, I fixed it. lol. If yer also having this problem, check if yer chat logging is like this after you select choose....

PIRATE NAME _ OCEAN _Setup.skin
~Tough

[Jun 17, 2007 5:14:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wishfully

QMII has been working perfectly for me with no issues until recently, when I decided to add some autochat messages. Unfortunately my system froze during doing it, so I had to restart my computer.

Since then I've not been able to use QMII.

When I attempt to start it I get the following error message

"A key with the name of "2" already exists"

I'm guessing this the the autochat slot I was editing when my system crashed on me.

I've tried removing and reinstalling QMII without luck... it still gives the same error message.

I've also tried to see if I can spot the autochat file and maybe edit it directly... or delete/replace it... to get QMII to work again... but, as I have no idea of which file I should be looking for.... or even if I can do that...

Basically.... if you can, please !!help!!
[Jun 17, 2007 5:23:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Resflame

yes i have done the part that you said, in the chat logging box it says,

C:\Documents and Settings\mike only\My Documents\logs

(logs is the file name)

am i sposed to put that whole thing on the quartermaster, options, chat log?
[Jun 17, 2007 6:31:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Resflame

(logs is the file name)

and yes happyman its like that when i choosed it
[Jun 17, 2007 7:19:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Resflame

(logs is the file name)

except that its PIRATE NAME _ OCEAN _chatlog.txt
[Jun 17, 2007 7:22:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
samtheboy

QMII has been working perfectly for me with no issues until recently, when I decided to add some autochat messages. Unfortunately my system froze during doing it, so I had to restart my computer.

Since then I've not been able to use QMII.

When I attempt to start it I get the following error message

"A key with the name of "2" already exists"

I'm guessing this the the autochat slot I was editing when my system crashed on me.

I've tried removing and reinstalling QMII without luck... it still gives the same error message.

I've also tried to see if I can spot the autochat file and maybe edit it directly... or delete/replace it... to get QMII to work again... but, as I have no idea of which file I should be looking for.... or even if I can do that...

Basically.... if you can, please !!help!!

C:\QuarterMaster\Users\UniversalPirate_All is the default location of the auto text buttons and the file is ChatBtns2 (those are the numbered chat buttons).
You can edit them directly from here, but remember not to touch anything else in the formatting or you may break it further :D

WM
Want an avatar like mine? Just ask Phillite
"Sigh. No, you're never getting unbanned after making me waste 5 minutes of my time cleaning up after you." - Lizthegrey
[Jun 17, 2007 10:24:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://leagueoflight.forumup.org [Link]  Go to top 
happyman947

(logs is the file name)

except that its PIRATE NAME _ OCEAN _chatlog.txt

Well, It wasn't like that on mine, lol
~Tough

[Jun 18, 2007 10:57:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
monstersoda

Loading problems

When loading Qm 2 it freezes up. This happens when you hit go, then it freezes right about when it says "loading crew..." I have all the logs linked right, what should i do to make Qm fully load?
Emmett
[Jun 18, 2007 3:46:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rohane

Join the club buddy, I'm having the same problems.
~Rohane

[Jun 18, 2007 9:04:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Soar

Ahoy

A bit of an experiment for those experience the hang up when first loggin in and getting stuck on "Loading Crew..."

Not sure if this will work but give it a shot

- Un-install QM.
- Go to where it was installed and completely delete the QuarterMaster folder if it is still there.
- Reinstall QM.

Let me know if it works mates.

Arbedar!
Tailspin
[Jun 19, 2007 5:37:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
monstersoda

Nope, still not working.
Emmett
[Jun 19, 2007 9:39:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rohane

Nope, still not working.

Ditto.
~Rohane

[Jun 19, 2007 10:20:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Resflame

ok my thing is working now! but there is 1 probelm, when ever i job people i automatocly plank em.... why does that happen?

its like hire -name- to work for the crew i click hire, then when they get on the boat it says

resflame planked -name-

why does that happen?
[Jun 19, 2007 2:06:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rohane

Resflame how did you get yours to work. =/
~Rohane

[Jun 19, 2007 4:15:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ploute

You know I'm guessing it may have to do something with the Registry file. It may not be getting deleted all the way or something. I don't know but if it's continuing to be a problem after uninstalls and what not that is what comes to mind for me.
--Ploute

Crazy Oeddies Toga Emporium, Cnossos, Midnight Ocean
Captain of Running Wild

Awesome Avatar done by GypsyGinger of Midnight
[Jun 20, 2007 10:54:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.silly-symphonies-flag.org    cfmanj    cfmanj [Link]  Go to top 
Ploute

ok my thing is working now! but there is 1 probelm, when ever i job people i automatocly plank em.... why does that happen?

its like hire -name- to work for the crew i click hire, then when they get on the boat it says

resflame planked -name-

why does that happen?

You have to turn off the PTB feature. There is a feature that if they don't ask PTB in crew chat before boarding you will auto plank them. At the top of QM there is a check box that says "Enable PTB" make sure that is unchecked. If that is then go into your options and into the Pillage section and make sure that the Auto-Plank is unchecked also. Now if it's STILL happening after doing those two things....I have no idea. :D
--Ploute

Captain of Running Wild

[Jun 20, 2007 11:01:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.silly-symphonies-flag.org    cfmanj    cfmanj [Link]  Go to top 
tarajayne

Having a problem with paycut and blacklists. It's not adding mates that leave in battle, even though I have the setting checked to. Also it's not buzzing me when a blacklist applies or boards even though I have that checked under "sounds" as well.

This is like THE reason I use QM so any help is appreciated ;)
Bridalgirl

I get around.
[Jun 20, 2007 6:53:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Soar

Having a problem with paycut and blacklists. It's not adding mates that leave in battle, even though I have the setting checked to. Also it's not buzzing me when a blacklist applies or boards even though I have that checked under "sounds" as well.

At a guess your chat logs are not hooked up correctly. Is the chat coming though down the bottom in the chat log window?

If not try hooking them up again and checking the help files Set Up section for details on what to do.

Still working on the Loaing Crew hang up mates.

Arbedar!
Tailspin
[Jun 21, 2007 1:03:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sinocelt

Attached window Reply to this Post

Is it possible to detach the QMII window from the PP window? I've got a second screen and could easily have PP on one and QMII on the other... if the QMII window didn't snap back to the left of the PP window. I didn't find that in the options; did I miss something?
ROM ON SAGE AND ALL OTHER OCEANS
[Jun 22, 2007 3:14:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.sicart.info/en/etc/fav/ypp.html [Link]  Go to top 
Ploute

Re: Attached window Reply to this Post

Is it possible to detach the QMII window from the PP window? I've got a second screen and could easily have PP on one and QMII on the other... if the QMII window didn't snap back to the left of the PP window. I didn't find that in the options; did I miss something?

Go to the Options section (the QM icon on the top right). Then under the general tab click off the Dock such and such window. That'll allow you to move them freely around.
--Ploute

Captain of Running Wild

[Jun 22, 2007 8:19:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.silly-symphonies-flag.org    cfmanj    cfmanj [Link]  Go to top 
sinocelt

Go to the Options section (the QM icon on the top right). Then under the general tab click off the Dock such and such window. That'll allow you to move them freely around.

*sound of forehead being slapped*

Of course. That's what "dock" means in that context! Thank you.
ROM ON SAGE AND ALL OTHER OCEANS
[Jun 22, 2007 12:07:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.sicart.info/en/etc/fav/ypp.html [Link]  Go to top 
Ploute

*sound of forehead being slapped*

Of course. That's what "dock" means in that context! Thank you.

Welcome. Don't worry playing YPP you're bound to forget that simple words like Dock and Tart have fully different meanings in the real world. :D
--Ploute

Captain of Running Wild

[Jun 22, 2007 12:45:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.silly-symphonies-flag.org    cfmanj    cfmanj [Link]  Go to top 
tarajayne

At a guess your chat logs are not hooked up correctly. Is the chat coming though down the bottom in the chat log window?

If not try hooking them up again and checking the help files Set Up section for details on what to do.

Still working on the Loaing Crew hang up mates.

Arbedar!
Tailspin

Sorry for the late reply ;) The chat logs are set up correctly as it records crew adds/removes right. As far as showing actual chat, it's never showed that down there, just add/removes and leavers, planks, that sort of thing.

Also something weird, my husband uses this on the same computer and has no problems with it. I definitely know our chatlogs are set up to go to the same place... so it's something inside of QM that is set funky for me, or... I don't know what's up, lol!
Bridalgirl

I get around.
[Jun 25, 2007 2:54:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
foudetimbres

As always many thanks for all the great work. I just wonder if it would be possible to introduce a feature so that you could tell how much you have been payed for a flotilla or a blockade? Chat log extracts to follow.

[23:55:04] Yer vessel has been awarded a bounty of 550 pieces of eight for controlling 11 buoys.
[23:55:07] Yer reward for guarding buoys is 10 pieces of eight!

[23:33:23] Yer vessel has been awarded a bounty of 7308 pieces of eight for helping sink Infernal Mako.
[23:33:23] Yer portion of the bounty for sinking this ship is 119 pieces of eight!

The usual part immediately, part later (if you get back) applies to the sinking bounty, not sure about the flag guarding.

Oh and finally blockade pay.

[23:35:22] Ye were paid 131 pieces of eight fer yer efforts in the blockade.

I would just love to see how much I made in these events.
Dirtyfoot
Senior Officer of the British Eagles

Eurydice wrote: 
Hee! I like that Glaucus was forced to take the name "Glaucus" because that was the sound you made in your throat before spitting the winning gum.

[Jul 1, 2007 3:24:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rohane

*pokes Soar*

You out there good buddy?
~Rohane

[Jul 3, 2007 1:42:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
foudetimbres

As you seem to be away on holiday (How dare you!) I might as well note the other problem I have encountered with the latest version (not sure about others as I haven't been playing much). It is an error in the system which identifies what condition the ship is in (Sailing, pursuit, battle...).

First if you take a station during battle it swops back to "Sailing". I noticed this especially from gunning on pilllages.

Second, after you exit battle it sometimes seems to change back to "On land".

I'm afraid I have no idea what is causing these errors, as there is no associated chat message. The only thing that occurred to me might be affecting it is people/bots leaving the vessel after battle (not sure how that filter is set up). Apart from that it seems completely random to me.
Dirtyfoot
Senior Officer of the British Eagles

Eurydice wrote: 
Hee! I like that Glaucus was forced to take the name "Glaucus" because that was the sound you made in your throat before spitting the winning gum.

[Jul 5, 2007 7:42:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
thyren

I wanted to ask if there was any way of making Quartermaster available for mac!
Because, quite a few of the Puzzle Pirate players use mac and we are unable to use the Quartermaster tool as it's not compatible.

It would be really great if someone could make it work on mac.
Jezzeka on the Cobalt Ocean
Captain of Lunar Eclipse

Jezzeka on the Crimson Ocean
Captain of Lunar Eclipse

Opique on the Viridian Ocean

[Jul 5, 2007 8:00:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Jezzeka [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 759   Pages: 26   [ First Page | Previous Page | 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates