• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 759
Posts: 759   Pages: 26   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 155003 times and has 758 replies Next Thread
Rohane

Re: QuarterMaster II - Public Release - Support Reply to this Post

One would think that as a beta tester I would figure out whats going on, but i'm stumped.

Okay this is whats up:

I hadn't pillaged in a while on a sloop, so I wanted to bring up the Dhow, and Baglah specs. Now then I hadn't updated QM. Tried to update the first time didn't work. Tried to update again, and it worked, but upon startup it crashed. Started it again, crashed.. as in NOT RESPONDING.

Got fed up with it installed it via the first time route Installshield. Unresponsive. Tried the .zip file.. unresponsive. Moved the .zip file over from the temp file area to C. Still.. NOTHING.

I'm going to try one last trick up my sleeve before I wave the white flag. >_>
----------------------------------------
~Rohane
No one agrees with him. Then again he doesn't agree with anyone else either.

http://www.phpbbplanet.com/roms/
The link above is for my own personal benifit. kkthnxbai
[Jun 2, 2007 9:06:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rohane

Okay. Waving white flag now...

Tomarrow I shall try to install via IE. Pray that works lol
~Rohane

[Jun 2, 2007 9:11:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rohane

Installed via IE. Fastinating as it still doesn't work...

However if it helps anny this is how far it goes.

(This is fresh out of installing)

Install >
Start QM II >
Set up chat logs >
Type in pirate and ocean > (Here is the fun part)
Hit Go >
It says Loading Pirate >
Loading Crew >
Hangs. Nothing happens....

--------

Soar by any chance did you set up a thing in a patch to have it auto detect a crew? Cause its all buggy now...
~Rohane

[Jun 3, 2007 12:45:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
samtheboy

I found a bug, one that I haven't come across before... when I'm on a WF the crew list is really long and when I scroll using my scroll thing on the middle mouse button the names move but the stat icons don't: they do both move when I drag and drop the scroll bar however.

WM
Want an avatar like mine? Just ask Phillite
"Sigh. No, you're never getting unbanned after making me waste 5 minutes of my time cleaning up after you." - Lizthegrey
[Jun 3, 2007 2:27:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://leagueoflight.forumup.org [Link]  Go to top 
Soar

Ahoy mates

I'm not dead :]

Was hoping for an update last weekend but things got pushed back, so I'll try for this weekend.

The damage counter is as reported, very buggy atm. Also some new bugs introduced by the new ship stat data storage system has added to the problems. This is what is causing the incorrect identification of ships too.

For those having trouble with chat logs not coming through or not connecting right, try redirecting your chat logs to the QuarterMaster folder, usually at C:\QuarterMaster\. This can help a lot of problems. You may also need to set the location manually inside QM. Be sure to use the "Remember Settings" option when you do this.

For Rohane : can ye post the contents of your QuarterMaster\Users\PirateName-Ocean\CrewName.txt file please mate. I'll see if I can sort it out for you :]

Arbedar!
Tailspin
[Jun 4, 2007 1:10:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cappy_Joe

I have tried reading as much posts as possible. There are just too many, so after reading first two, and last 2, I just have to ask this:

The Dmg Counter, it always starts in %. I have to change it every time to cb hits and tick full.

Is there a way to store it and make it auto-retrievable just like the autochat and allow me some more time during bnav?

I tend to forget about this issue, so I end up having to changing it while battle navigating.

Thanks,

CJ.
People are crazing out, they focus on hatred and jealousy. What's more is that the rest just use the current state as an excuse to join the norm. I just wish hatred halts, and jealousy stops: we are far more than just lucky to be alive...
[Jun 4, 2007 4:39:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rohane

no link
-----------

And thats all she wrote
~Rohane

[Jun 4, 2007 9:19:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PhoenixC

I have tried reading as much posts as possible. There are just too many, so after reading first two, and last 2, I just have to ask this:

The Dmg Counter, it always starts in %. I have to change it every time to cb hits and tick full.

Is there a way to store it and make it auto-retrievable just like the autochat and allow me some more time during bnav?

I tend to forget about this issue, so I end up having to changing it while battle navigating.

Thanks,

CJ.

That part is still buggy. Tailspin is aware ofthe issue and is continuing to work on it.

Btw just forthe record as long as I'm posting, I am still having that issue where it cuts off the right edge of the QM window. Maybe it's because I'm on a laptop, or maybe becasue it's vista, or possibly both?

~~ Blazingnoob ~~
~~ Blazingnoob ~~

Do not meddle in the affairs of the Phoenix, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
[Jun 4, 2007 11:13:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Soar

Thanks,

CJ.

That part is still buggy. Tailspin is aware ofthe issue and is continuing to work on it.

Btw just forthe record as long as I'm posting, I am still having that issue where it cuts off the right edge of the QM window. Maybe it's because I'm on a laptop, or maybe becasue it's vista, or possibly both?

~~ Blazingnoob ~~

Its actually because of your desktop theme. The one that comes default with Vista (big fat blue borders) is well..... barnicale. I'm still working towards a fix, and am researching the net for help on it. You can fix it yourself by changing to the old Classic desktop theme I'm guessing. But I would like to find a fix eventually as I doubt microsoft will ever bother to do anything about it.

Arbedar!
Tailspin
[Jun 5, 2007 1:09:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Snipes420

I Downloaded QM II worked fantastic.
Formatted my computer, DL QM again and now can't log on.
I get to loading crew and then it just freezes and says not responding.

Pirate name Grouchy
Ocean Cobalt
Destination Dock Tarting on Dragons Nest.

HELP
[Jun 5, 2007 6:21:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SilveRansom

Since reformatting your computer would kill YPP! settings, you may need to tell YPP! to record your logs again. That's the first thing I'd check.

Tailspin, I'm not dead, either... just very busy. If you have a backlog of UI tweaks you need done, I'll try to work them in.
Silveransom
makes art like this or this &
Blender Eggs!
[Jun 5, 2007 1:41:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://s13.invisionfree.com/Peregrine_Design/ [Link]  Go to top 
KimKatianna

Vista Users - In order to remove the window cut off issue, right click on your desktop and click personalize. This will bring up a window. The quickest temporary solution is to change your theme by selecting Theme, then when the next window opens change your theme to Windows Classic. This will change your windows to the old classic look and remedies the window cut off. When done you can change it back to Windows Vista theme the same way.

Until Tailspin is able to get answers from Microsoft I have started doing this whenever I am XO'ing, and just changing back when done.
JadeBlythe

Proud to serve as Captain of the
Pirates Pleasure Chest Crew

Princess of Grabthar's Hammer

Hands off my Booty!!!

Cobalt Ocean
[Jun 5, 2007 9:02:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    kcorliss0809 [Link]  Go to top 
lesleywalker

SilveRansom wrote: 
Tailspin, I'm not dead, either... just very busy.

Me too. I haven't forgotten about doing more work on the help files, I should be able get some more of it done by the end of this coming weekend.
Rumbletum - FO, Crimson Sabers, Colbalt
Cheery - Alchemist, Ankh-Morpork City Watch, Cobalt
Jinxed Idol links
[Jun 6, 2007 12:06:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dhughart

Would like to see the dhow and baghlah added to the voyage planer button
Jonnyreb, SO of Thicker Than Blood,
Member of the flag Seraph's Nightmare
[Jun 6, 2007 11:21:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    jonnyreb411 [Link]  Go to top 
dhughart

Also I've noticed sometimes when QM trys to chat fer me (mostly on damage counter reporting out) it won't take, then I hit it again and it don't take, about the third time I hit it double click and it works twice. Other times it seems to work fine.
[Jun 7, 2007 12:48:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    jonnyreb411 [Link]  Go to top 
blackpsycho

I am trying to create an uplink with my captain but i cannot find the uplink button where yppedia tells me. i've also noticed that part of my side bar is cut off it cuts off just before the edge of the options button and through the middle of the ejot auto chat buttons. i tried to resize the window but it only resizes the list part of the bar. i'm not so worried about this so much as the uplink. unless the uplink is stuck up where i can't get to it.
[Jun 8, 2007 9:14:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
samtheboy

The Yppedia article has not been updated since QM 1 and QM 2 doesn't support uplinking, sorry! This is on my list of things to do when I have a bit of a break.

WM
"Sigh. No, you're never getting unbanned after making me waste 5 minutes of my time cleaning up after you." - Lizthegrey
[Jun 8, 2007 9:18:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://leagueoflight.forumup.org [Link]  Go to top 
blackpsycho

so is there no uplink feature in qmII at this point?
[Jun 8, 2007 9:22:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
blackpsycho

so is there no uplink feature in qmII at this point?

sorry disregard that i missed that part in the msg
[Jun 8, 2007 9:24:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
blackpsycho

where can i find the yohoho logs file to use with qm2?
[Jun 8, 2007 9:57:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
samtheboy

They are by default in this folder:

C:\Program Files\Three Rings Design\Puzzle Pirates

If you installed Y!PP anywhere else then they will be in that folder instead.

WM
[Jun 8, 2007 1:59:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://leagueoflight.forumup.org [Link]  Go to top 
SilveRansom

If I remember correctly, you can also specify the folder to store the log files in once you're in the game itself (and whether or not you're storing them at all). If you don't see the logs in the folders that WM suggests, it's simple enough to do a Windows file search for any file that contains your pirate's name as part of the file name itself and go from there.
Silveransom
makes art like this or this &
Blender Eggs!
[Jun 8, 2007 2:25:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://s13.invisionfree.com/Peregrine_Design/ [Link]  Go to top 
blackpsycho

They are by default in this folder:

C:\Program Files\Three Rings Design\Puzzle Pirates

If you installed Y!PP anywhere else then they will be in that folder instead.

WM

ahh see i was looking for the wrong file path i was looking for something name puzzle pirates or ypp or such i forgot its under three rings.. and it doesn't help when goofy vista doesn't wanna look in the program files!
[Jun 8, 2007 3:24:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
samtheboy

it's simple enough to do a Windows file search for any file that contains your pirate's name as part of the file name itself and go from there.

That's only for pirate logs, what blackpsycho was looking for was their yohoho.log file which only exists in the install directory.

WM
[Jun 9, 2007 12:32:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://leagueoflight.forumup.org [Link]  Go to top 
dhughart

Also I've noticed sometimes when QM trys to chat fer me (mostly on damage counter reporting out) it won't take, then I hit it again and it don't take, about the third time I hit it double click and it works twice. Other times it seems to work fine.

So does anyone have any ideas about this fer me?
[Jun 9, 2007 9:32:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    jonnyreb411 [Link]  Go to top 
Ploute

So does anyone have any ideas about this fer me?

That is being worked on at this time by Tail. I have seen the same problem arise so he's working on it now.
--Ploute

Crazy Oeddies Toga Emporium, Cnossos, Midnight Ocean
Captain of Running Wild

Awesome Avatar done by GypsyGinger of Midnight
[Jun 9, 2007 10:36:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.silly-symphonies-flag.org    cfmanj    cfmanj [Link]  Go to top 
hula_pirates

is the damage counter meant to be manual or am i missing something? it'd make it so much easier if it's automatic.
Cobalt: Hulapirates/Hula
[Jun 9, 2007 12:08:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
samtheboy

Damage counter would be impossible to be automatic as there is no log when a CB is scored. Manual is the only way.

WM
[Jun 9, 2007 2:54:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://leagueoflight.forumup.org [Link]  Go to top 
vvw1970

My bug report was only a temporary problem, but I thought I'd mention it because nobody else did. I downloaded and installed the new version yesterday - and I have to say I love it! Awesome, and the new features rock the casbah!

My bug/issue was that yesterday the app would not allow me to type into the vessel lists of pirates, or the notes box, or any other text box. Today, however, it works... but I thought ye'd want to know.

cheers

Fearsomest on Cobalt
Fearsomest on Cobalt
http://amici.freeforums.org for Shopkeeping spreadsheets
[Jun 9, 2007 8:21:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://amici.freeforums.org [Link]  Go to top 
chupchup

Re: Bug: Bot Stats Reply to this Post

Domokun wrote: 

Bots on ships are totally Able I believe. I make no comment on parlour game bots, as they may well have varied standings.

Swabbies on player ships are ables; on the Navy's defeating brigands mission, they have varying stats in the reputation tab. But there's no way to get those from yoweb, or without directly clicking on them in-scene, for that matter.
The pirate formerly known as Ljamethyst.

I think the Sublime trophy is a happy idea. Sublime is to be celebrated.

[Jun 10, 2007 2:43:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://ice.puzzlepirates.com/yoweb/pirate.wm?target=Ljamethyst [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 759   Pages: 26   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates