• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 6
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 957 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
Poke_Me

Ship Broadcast feature Reply to this Post

There are times, especially upon large ships, where the captains orders get very drowned out by the ramblings of (such and such) has been jobbed.,.. and all the banter. It would be useful if we could have 2 aspects of a ship broadcast system to aide CO's in running a ship successfully.

1. When a jobber enters a ship, they recieve a personal Standard tell without a sender. This could be used to state ship rules, or offer a welcome and to wait patiently. There are several uses for this feature.

2. A Ship Broadcast System for use of XO's offering a Broadcast coloured Message along with a whistle, showing up clearer and set apart from regular chat, especially in the prebattle cries.

I understand this was the idea for the shout function, but unfortunately, it doesnt quite cut it when filling a Frig with pirates, and needing them to remain patient. a pleasant welcome to every one of them and stronger messages from the XO, would smooth the filling process, and improve the capability of any given XO.

I did search, but was unable to find anything similar
----------------------------------------
Pokemey Houston sings I will always luff joo

Back to defend his Viridian Idol crown.
[Apr 30, 2007 3:37:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
desko9

Re: Ship Broadcast feature Reply to this Post

I think Rhodin has a ship with presents stating the rules near the place where you spawn on the ship. Don't ask to port, take a station, yadda yadda. I thought it was pretty cool.
[Apr 30, 2007 3:55:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
gimbo726

I think Rhodin has a ship with presents stating the rules near the place where you spawn on the ship. Don't ask to port, take a station, yadda yadda. I thought it was pretty cool.

This is pretty common although I still feel the presents go unnoticed far too often. I love the idea about the broadcast though. With all the greenies shouting, officers just get ignored with the rest of the messages.

Click for free PoEz
[Apr 30, 2007 4:42:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    gimbo726 [Link]  Go to top 
tarajayne

Heartily endorse ;)
Bridalgirl

I get around.
[Apr 30, 2007 9:10:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
taelac

Yes, please. Moreso the vessel broadcast (/vb) than the welcome aboard message, since I can see that getting too impersonal too quickly. Perhaps make that a toggle, so it only shows if text has been entered, and have it only show up to jobbers (I don't want to see it on my crew's pillage all the time)?

But yes, please, vessel broadcast, which could be marvelously useful on anything larger than a cutter.
~Taelac
ROMS XVII:Vanilla Filler
Dead Thread
[May 1, 2007 1:40:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

Ships (Idea Links):Boarding:Popup message

Faulkston,
meta-linky
[May 1, 2007 5:47:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates