• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 9
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1229 times and has 8 replies Next Thread
Sarterixa

How long do you want a navigation video to be? Reply to this Post

Alright, I went ahead and made a navigation video. Currently I'm ultimate in navigation, 9th in the ocean. I make no claims I'm the best at nav; in fact in the video I booch a couple times (video software creates lag) but am able to recover. Video contains mostly excellents/incredibles but with a few goods.

The length of the full video is about 42 minutes. I'll run the poll for a few days before I encode it. Hopefully I'll be able to use the same host as for all my other videos :)

I'm unsure of how large the videos would be, but expect to use broadband to be able to download them.

PS: I actually have an accidental bingo in the video which I'll be sure to include if people want
----------------------------------------
Sart
Senior Officer of Black Death
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Sarterixa at Mar 2, 2004 6:49:55 AM]
[Mar 2, 2004 6:49:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RedDog

Re: How long do you want a navigation video to be? Reply to this Post

Oh! No! why didn't you do this an age ago?
For me you are just too late. I had been bootching nav since last September on Azure. I just couldn't get my head around it and had only learned a handful of nav points. I knew what to do but there was some sort of mental block that made it like wading through porridge. Then suddenly a few weeks ago it all clicked into place and although I have a way to go to be anywhere near ultimate I have between my alts learned 90% of the ocean. I just need that other 10% and then to do it all again twice more and I'll be happy.
Well done for making the effort I'm sure others will benefit from this. It's rocks like you helping people for no gain that are starting to make me think there is hope for mankind yet.
I would suggest short and sweet is the way to go, but maybe you could do a longer version too.

Regards Seasnake
Captain of the Flying Tigers, King of The Patrician's Flag
Fortunatly the seasnake rarely bites humans.

11 years and still flying the flag.
[Mar 2, 2004 9:12:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://seasnake.mysite.freeserve.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
kozmic

I voted 15, although I'm not sure I'd watch the whole thing, at least not all at once (I have a short attention spa---- Oh look, a chicken!!). But I very much need all the help I can get when it comes to nav, so please, help a poor pirate out. :D
[size=10]Kozmic- that one person in the Far Too Jolly Rogers

Jellybeanz- that other person in the Far Too Jolly Rogers

Hugglebear- member of XOXOXO Snuggle Pirates
[Mar 2, 2004 9:25:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    JeSuisLaChatte [Link]  Go to top 
shockedfrog

I went for 10, on the basis that its the most realistically downloadable on a 56k. If only I lived a mile further down the road, then I could get broadband :(
[Mar 2, 2004 11:05:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Vurogj

I've gone fer the whole thing, mainly because I'm bouncing on and off the top 10 ocean list right now and I'm insanely curious :-)
Older, crankier,
still haz da phat haiku skillz.
Tawnee on Midnight.
Apollo says, "Tawnee, I should have known you were involved."
[Mar 3, 2004 4:41:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    vurogj    vurojg [Link]  Go to top 
miceless

kozmic wrote: 
Oh look, a chicken!!
Where?!?!
[size=11]miceless
[size=9]Officer of the crew Sinking Feelings
Member of the flag Widows and Orphans
[Mar 3, 2004 10:42:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RedDog

miceless wrote: 
kozmic wrote: 
Oh look, a chicken!!
Where?!?!

In the sloop.......

Chicken Sloop.

Seasnake Who couldn't resist that one.
Captain of the Flying Tigers, King of The Patrician's Flag
Fortunatly the seasnake rarely bites humans.

11 years and still flying the flag.
[Mar 3, 2004 5:30:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://seasnake.mysite.freeserve.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
kj7rat

I picked ten because I figure that if I don't understand what you're doing in the ten best minutes of your tape, then I'm hopeless. <wink>
~Kazen, Senior Officer of Six Leagues Under~
[Mar 3, 2004 7:50:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://kj7rat.blogspot.com [Link]  Go to top 
Sarterixa

10 it is.

I was having some trouble with encoding it while still keeping the video smooth, so the size is a bit large (18 megs). Working on getting it hosted now.

If anybody is interested in the whole thing, PM me and I'll send it to you directly.
Sart
Senior Officer of Black Death
[Mar 4, 2004 4:22:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates