• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 21
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2212 times and has 20 replies Next Thread
miave

Need opinions on sword choice Reply to this Post

i need an all around sword. my specialty is mass sprinkle but sometimes i do some striking so i dont wanna get burned on that. i have read tedv's sword post and have looked at weaver's pattern site many times, but i am having trouble finding a sword that specializes in mass sprinkle and is average on strikes. currently im using a scimitar. any ideas greatly appreciated!!! thanks! =)
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by miave at Feb 29, 2004 5:07:55 AM]
[Feb 29, 2004 5:07:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    mysticalmiave    MojaveDesert5 [Link]  Go to top 
Vang_

Re: Need opinions on sword choice Reply to this Post

I would stick with the Scimitar.
[Feb 29, 2004 5:17:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CrazyMorg

id really need to fight you to know for sure, as would most people
[Feb 29, 2004 2:48:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ramirojr

Aye, for lots of sprinkles and occasional strikes, use the scimitar...
My backpacking buddy wrote: 
Remember that time we went through the Hall o'Precedents, then refused t'do it again? That Summer were the best.

[Feb 29, 2004 3:07:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
miave

thanks for the advice vang and ram...id love to play you crazy so i can get ur opinion too =) whats ur name on yohoho?

also: just out of curiosity, would u guys said poniard is best all around sword?
[Mar 1, 2004 10:03:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    mysticalmiave    MojaveDesert5 [Link]  Go to top 
CrazyMorg

the poinard has good sprinklies as well, but it the rest of the pattern cant compare to the scimi
[Mar 1, 2004 10:45:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
54x

Poniard isn't quite as good as other sword, although it does have a reasonably good sprinkle pattern, so if you're 100% sprinkles it could well be one of the best.

I'd say that for lots of sprinkles and just a very occasional strike, you'd be good with your scimitar, but may, when you have the poe, also fare well (or even BETTER) with a skull dagger.

The best way to know, however, is to try and understand what the patterns themselves mean and how that works in context with your style. For example, although I'd usually not usually recommend the rapier to anyone, it fits my style well enough that its inadequacies are made up for simply by being the only sword that caters to the way I play- and you might not be able to tell that in a specific match against me, in which I might, for some reason, do not spinkles and use entirely strikes, or in the next match, I might use far more sprinkles than usual and you might try to direct me to said skull dagger.
Diamondblade, Cartographer, Crimson Tide.
from Midnight.
Dear sir or madam can you read my book, it took me years to write, will you take a look?
[Mar 1, 2004 6:56:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
xagoloth

Its hard to tell and can be more easily gauged by fighting you. Find me ingame and I will help you.
JackSparrow
www.mashrur.com
[Mar 1, 2004 7:05:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mashrur.com    jaquesparrow@yahoo.com    mashsurfer [Link]  Go to top 
miave

is skull dagger as good as scim on sprinkles? in tedv's post it showed skull dagger as being very bad for sprinkles

oh and btw my strikes arent that rare, i am often found doing many of them at the end of the game

i might even wanna lean towards an all-around sword with an edge on sprinkles
[Edit 1 times, last edit by miave at Mar 2, 2004 9:07:33 AM]
[Mar 2, 2004 9:07:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    mysticalmiave    MojaveDesert5 [Link]  Go to top 
miave

xagoloth and CrazyMorg...what are ur in-game names so i can fight u?
[Mar 2, 2004 9:08:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    mysticalmiave    MojaveDesert5 [Link]  Go to top 
54x

xagoloth's signature wrote: 
JackSparrow

from Midnight.
Dear sir or madam can you read my book, it took me years to write, will you take a look?
[Mar 3, 2004 2:50:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
miave

ty..what do u think about me getting more of an all around sword with an edge on sprinkles?
[Mar 5, 2004 7:32:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    mysticalmiave    MojaveDesert5 [Link]  Go to top 
cmdrzoom

Others have recommended the scimitar - I'll also speak up for the rapier, though it's a little better for strikes.
Starhawk of Mad Mutineers, Azure
Catalina of Twilight's Sabre, Cobalt
[Mar 5, 2004 7:38:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
54x

Others have recommended the scimitar - I'll also speak up for the rapier, though it's a little better for strikes.

Mixed swords:

Rapier (Strikes) -
Skull Dagger (Balanced-ish) ++
Scimitar (Sprinkles) +
from Midnight.
[Mar 5, 2004 8:50:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
miave

so u think skull might be best for me if im mostly all around with a few more sprinkles?
[Mar 8, 2004 10:38:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    mysticalmiave    MojaveDesert5 [Link]  Go to top 
Spin

If you go with the dagger, you have to try as hard as you can not to send any sprinkles.
Spin - Sleeping In
[Mar 8, 2004 11:22:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
miave

lol so confused... if i understand correctly, spin's comment contradicts 54x? or are u just saying that skull dagger is balanced but that i should try to do strikes more than sprikles with it?
[Mar 10, 2004 7:50:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    mysticalmiave    MojaveDesert5 [Link]  Go to top 
xagoloth

Look at it this way.

A skull dagger is more geared towards long strikes with a mediocre sprinkle pattern.

A scimitar is more geared towards sprinkles with a mediocre long strikes patterm.

So if you find yourself making big blocks a lot and sprinkle once in a while, use a skull dagger.
JackSparrow
www.mashrur.com
[Mar 10, 2004 8:52:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mashrur.com    jaquesparrow@yahoo.com    mashsurfer [Link]  Go to top 
54x

I suppose it depends on the volume of sprinkles you're sending over. The denial of reds in the sprinkle pattern makes it kinda mean if you're getting red breakers.
from Midnight.
[Mar 10, 2004 2:54:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
Lizzie

Miave said she used mass sprinkles and the occasional long strike.
Ravine
Black Death, Midnight

[Mar 10, 2004 3:12:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
miave

aye but im willing to change. i want to change..hehe

i was hoping skull would be a good stepping stone for changing
[Mar 11, 2004 8:15:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    mysticalmiave    MojaveDesert5 [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates