• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 3
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 523 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
RiverOfBlood

Installing Issue. Reply to this Post

I downloaded the game fine, but when its not even half way installing it stops and I get this message "Java(TM) Update (1.4.2_03-bo2) cannot be installed on this machine because the jave(TM) Virtual Machine is currently running. Please close all java(TM) applications, especially browers." Then when I hit "retry" the same thing will pop up so I go to "cancel". Then it doesnt do anything for about...3 seconds and this error pops up "There was an unexpecting error installing the JRE.Click OK to remove it and try again, or Cancel to give up." When I go to the "OK" , it will do the same thing all over again with the first error.Then my only choice is to go to "cancel" , which closing it all. ...what do I do?
[Feb 27, 2004 10:05:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thunderbird

Re: Installing Issue. Reply to this Post

Download the latest Java from Sun's website (or use the Windows Installer if applicable), and install it. It should work, but then again, who knows with Java sometimes.
----------------------------------------
Pirate tells you, "my, that's one BIG wad o' chewing gum ye have mounted on yer bonce! oO'"
Sungod officer chats, "I wonder if anyone's sailing the harpsichord"
Pirate tells you, "ZOMG CANDYFLOSS!!! *munches*"
[Feb 27, 2004 10:24:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Artemis
OceanMaster

Re: Installing Issue. Reply to this Post

It sounds like Java is already installed and/or running on your machine. try closing down all other programs and then downloading it again.
[Feb 27, 2004 12:16:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates