• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 4
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 442 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
TaliosFalcon

help, insane movement lag Reply to this Post

Whenever i try to move my character it literally takes between 10-20 seconds before he actually moves after i click,
i'm useing an athlon64 3200+, windows xp, audigy 2 zs sound card, ati radeon 9800 pro, and 1024 megs of 400 mhz ddr ram on a cable connection, any help would be greatly appreciated, i have all the latest drivers.
[Feb 26, 2004 9:58:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lallaria

Re: help, insane movement lag Reply to this Post

Well, that's rather odd with your setup. Any chance you're running a huge memory hog anywhere (besides java, I mean :-P )

I suppose it could also be your internet connection, though I never had those problems when I was even on a 56K modem.

Unless all of your upload bandwidth is taken up...
----------------------------------------
Lallaria
[size=10]Retired
[Feb 26, 2004 10:14:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Lallaria [Link]  Go to top 
FrankGrimes

I had the same problem when I first started, running AIM with PP was a big mistake. Chat programs use a lot of memory and may be the cause of your slow down. If that's not it, like Lallaria said, it may be your connection.
Grimes: Retired
Former badass
[Feb 26, 2004 10:22:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wnorman

Seemed there was a lot of lag tonight in general... a lot of new faces in the ocean.
Shark
Captain of Ransack Marauders
Prince and Admiral of Silver Dawn

[size=9]Greenie says, "are you a rael shark/"
[Feb 26, 2004 12:32:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates