• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 105
Posts: 105   Pages: 4   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 20935 times and has 104 replies Next Thread
Apollo
OceanMaster

The Easter Easel - Eneggma Entry Thread Reply to this Post

Friday 6th April: Eneggma

Contest opens now! Contest will close at midnight PDT in about 24 hours time.

Today's contest is inspired by Silveransom's Croatian design, which reminds me of... a magic carpet.

No, seriously, it looks magical and mysterious and full of excitement and intrigue. I expect to be able to twist sections of it, perhaps line something up with something else, press a certain detail, maybe it will swing open... Maybe if I find a combination, say a secret word...

So, today I would like you to puzzle me. I'd like you to create (completely yourself - please don't borrow from elsewhere) a puzzle for me. It might be a word or number puzzle, a cypher, a pictorial puzzle, a logic problem, a riddle, a word search, crossword clues, anagrams, find-the-links, or anything else you come up with. There are plenty of other types that I haven't covered here, so if you're thinking of something that's not listed, go ahead. Here's what to do:

1. Create your original puzzle, and draft a full solution for it.
2. Post a reply in this thread with your pirate name and ocean, and then your puzzle.
3. If your puzzle requires a picture, use image tags for pictures of 600 x 600 pixels or smaller, or link to it elsewhere if it's larger.
4. DO NOT POST THE SOLUTION HERE
5. PM the full solution to account name sun. (Not Apollo - sun). Make the subject line "Eneggma puzzle - [insertyourpiratenamehere]" and make sure you send your PM directly after posting, so that the solutions are received in about the same order as the forum posts!

I will attempt to solve all of them. After I have attempted all of them, I will then check the solutions sent in. I am hoping that the winner will be a puzzle which is challenging but solvable, and where the solution is clear, satisfying and complete. If it's fun to work on, so much the better. It would be nice, but not essential, if the puzzle you create has some link either to pirates or to Easter eggs!

Do not give away any hints, discussion or solutions to your own puzzle, or anyone else's, either on the forum or elsewhere. I will delete any such post on the forum, but will also be disappointed, because I want to approach the puzzles without any other help or hindrance! I have given this task a separate entry thread for this day. Once I have judged and posted the results, I will unlock this thread again. Entrants can then quote their own puzzle and post their solution for everyone else's enjoyment/relief.

Side event
As an additional element of fun, you are also all welcome to solve the submitted puzzles yourself. Solve them, and send a single PM including all your answers, again to sun rather than Apollo. Use the subject line "Solved eneggmas - [insertyourpiratenamehere]". The deadline for these puzzle answer entries is Saturday 7th April at noon PDT (12 hours after the main event finishes). There could be bonus prizes for the best set of answers.
Obviously, this side event makes it even more important that nobody gives away any hints, discussion or solutions!

As a reminder, please read the original rules before posting.
Include your pirate name and ocean in your post, followed by your puzzle, then PM sun with the solution.
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Apollo at Apr 6, 2007 12:18:40 AM]
[Apr 6, 2007 12:16:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
Ray_Leo

Re: The Easter Easel - Eneggma Entry Thread Reply to this Post

Original puzzle:
663= one

Sharkiez of sage ocean

My puzzle for Apollo is to solve the following number and tell me what they mean:

96 46 96 46 2 7472837 5433 367 63
Sharkiez, Sage
My first comic
[Apr 6, 2007 12:53:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
katy_kitten

Katykitten of Sage

Original puzzle:

Start from q,

"1 step south east"
"5 steps East"
"2 steps east, 1 step north east"
"3 steps West"

Draft solution: ahoy

Puzzle for Apollo:

start from g,

"1 step East"
"5 steps West"
"8 steps east, 1 step north east"
"0 steps"
"4 steps west"

"Rest"

"3 steps west"
"1 step south west, 1 step west"
"1 step east"
"2 step east, 1 step north east"
"2 steps west"
"1 step east"

Answer: (find out it yourself)
Katykitten of Sage ocean
[Apr 6, 2007 2:05:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
englandman

Pirate Name: Englandfan
Ocean: Viridian

This is my crossword puzzle, hope you enjoyed it, on one of the clues i accidently put to instead of two, and then couldnt change it, so please, just ignore that slight error :)

[Apr 6, 2007 3:09:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
thranduil01

Ocean:Sage
Name:Thranduill

I hope it’s not to hard to break ,have fun

Original puzzle
Y=923

Puzzle to solve

110 343 239 260 244 433 , 262 330 112 221 132 446 141 1212 535 237 101 628 141,
240 010 428 344 293 221 110 533 444 132 822 238

Free wazzy

[Apr 6, 2007 4:29:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
thranduil01

I hope it?s not to hard to break ,have fun

Original puzzle
Y=923

Puzzle to solve

Sorry didn't set enough spaces between

Free wazzy

[Apr 6, 2007 4:30:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
thranduil01

I hope it?s not to hard to break ,have fun

Original puzzle
Y=923

Puzzle to solve

Sorry didn't set enough spaces between

Free wazzy

[Apr 6, 2007 4:30:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Arcqoz

Pirate name: Arcqoz
Ocean: Hunter

This is my own version of the Feynman long division puzzle .

All the A's in the puzzle repesents the same digit. None of the dots have the same value as the A digit. In order to solve the puzzle, find all the digits in the long division algorithm.
Arcqoz
[Apr 6, 2007 4:51:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lorenith

Logic puzzles are fun!

It's the day after a big blockade, and the some of the ships you have were actualy borrowed and need to be returned to the owners. Unfourtunately the fleet master is nowhere to be found, and there's no indication of who owns which ship. Unfourtunately for you the pirates that own these ships decided to make your life more "interesting" and have trapped you in a shack till you figure out who owns what ship from the vague clues they have to offer!

There's 5 pirates, Lorenith, Turika, Llamas, Ashleia, Exzee

There's 5 ships, Clever Coelacanth, Fighting Hawkfish, Dangerous Sprat, Shineing Sunfish, Well-Dressed Pike

Each ship is a different color, Lime, Orange, Red, Blue, Purple

1. Ashleia and Exzee do not posses a ship that is lime or orange, the Dangerous Sprat is not orange.
2. The ship that is red is not the Fighting Hawkfish
3. Exzee's Ship is a primary color
4. The Clever Coelacanth is orange
5. Turika and Ashleia own the ships with threatening names
6. Everyone with L's in their name beleive the ship named "Well-Dressed Pike" is very silly and would never own a ship named so.
7. Lorenith owns a red ship

Lorenith-Sage
[Apr 6, 2007 5:02:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://lorenith.deviantart.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
tickleberry

Tickleberry on the viridian Ocean,

Here is my piraty take on a word seach. You must attempt to find ALL of the words in the list in the wordsearch. Once you have done so,the letters left over when read from top left to bottom right will spell out a phrase. There is also a bonus point for finding the spelling mistake in the word bank (i realised too late so couldn't change it, the word appears in the word search with the same spelling as in the word bank). Hope you all enjoy and Good Luck!!

words can be found forwards, backwards and diagonally, they can also overlap with letters from other words.

Karaoke Kapers entry : http://www.singshot.com/playPerformance.html?performanceId=X48qfPZNkqc%3D&play=Y
[Apr 6, 2007 5:58:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sinocelt

Words words words! Reply to this Post

ROM ON SAGE AND ALL OTHER OCEANS
[Apr 6, 2007 5:59:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.sicart.info/en/etc/fav/ypp.html [Link]  Go to top 
Cooldragon23

Re: Words words words! Reply to this Post

Here's a logic/math puzzle

After Apollo and some greenies went out pillaging one day for poe. When they got to port, Apollo decided not to take his share of the money and instead divide up all the money amongst the 10 greenies on the boat. The greenies decided that they were able of dividing up the money on their own.
After dividing, Sun, one of the greenies suggested that it would be more equitable to divided the poe by alts rather than individuals. Among the greenies, there were two groups with two sisters (Sun was not in either group). The rest of the girls were unrelated to each other. A redivision by families would have meant that the amount of poe per family were 5 more than the amount of poe per greenie.
The greenies argued (I'm not surprised) among themselvers over this way of dividing up the poe. The two sets of alts were especially insistent on retaining the division-by-individuals plan, because each alt would get more poe using this plan. Before a final decision was made, Moon, one of the greenies decided that he did not want any poe. His share was then divided among the other girls and the result was that each had more poe, but still had an equal share. Sun then decided to withdraw his suggestion of dividing the trinkets by alts. He was satisfied with this new state of things. How much poe did each greenie end up with and how many greenies shared in the division?

As if understanding the problem wasn't hard enough already...

Disclaimer: I did not mean Sun as a whiny, beg-for-poe greenie. I simply needed a name and Sun was the first name I thought of. Same with Moon.

*Sun is NOT an alt of Moon or Apollo
Cooldragon on Sage Ocean

Arora says, "would sume1 please give me poez to help my sister and I buy an estate?

[Apr 6, 2007 6:32:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cooldragon23

Re: Words words words! Reply to this Post

Here's a logic/math puzzle

After Apollo and some greenies went out pillaging one day for poe. When they got to port, Apollo decided not to take his share of the money and instead divide up all the money amongst the 10 greenies on the boat. The greenies decided that they were able of dividing up the money on their own...

Oops, Cooldragon on Sage
Cooldragon on Sage Ocean

Arora says, "would sume1 please give me poez to help my sister and I buy an estate?

[Apr 6, 2007 6:32:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
VemberMertz

Nepenthe, Sage

!!!

, .

!
Nepenthe of the Sage Ocean
I PUSH BUH-TON! Shineeeeeeeey
[Apr 6, 2007 6:33:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
VemberMertz

psst, forgot to mention, the is a word separator since I didn't want to take up tons of space by putting each word on a different line. Also, all images are either Pirates-copyrighted, used by permission, or drawn by me.
Nepenthe of the Sage Ocean
I PUSH BUH-TON! Shineeeeeeeey
[Apr 6, 2007 6:35:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sinocelt

Box of Eggs Reply to this Post

[Apr 6, 2007 6:42:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.sicart.info/en/etc/fav/ypp.html [Link]  Go to top 
Master_C4

Pirate Name:Borisxvii
Ocean:Viridian

Ahoy Apollo! I hope you know alot about Geology(or even a little bit) because you will need it for this one(or you could use the internet.)

Riddle:

There is a Pirate crew sailing around Earth. They sail over the International Date Line on Monday at the time of 1 a.m in that time going from the East side to the West Side. What day and time will they be on in that side?
[Apr 6, 2007 7:15:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
senorita_esp

Pirate name: Chocorose
Ocean: Cobalt

Hope you enjoy solving this eggy Sudoku puzzle! Each column, row, and 3x3 box should have just one of each egg. Have fun!

Chocorose of Cerulean:
Not too cute to be a pirate.
Current avatar by Salmon

I collect avatars
[Apr 6, 2007 7:26:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Holy_Fire

Ahoy Apollo do I ever have a puzzle for you

This puzzle will challenge you, this puzzle will be so hard you will
go crazy.... 1=A O wait you already are mad.
(Apollo will never get this he can even count, buhahhaha)

(No spaces... what is that all about?)

Oops dropped this can you put these letters back together? 1. O P I T N/ 2. E S L S

Fill in the blanks.
_
_ _
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _

Hints in white text: Apollo did you try to cheat =O

Hope you like you puzzle Apollo!
[Apr 6, 2007 7:44:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cooldragon23

Please ignore my last entry, and use this one

After a sloop race, a pirate asked his captain what place he got, and he responded, "There were 650 contestants. If you took my place and added 24, then subtracted that from the total number of contestants, you would get a number. That number the same as what I got
Cooldragon on Sage Ocean

[Apr 6, 2007 7:58:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BlackBeth

Feylind, Midinight

Easter Egg Hunt

Find all the hidden eggs, then rearrange the remaining letters to find the secret password.
Feylind

Semi-retired Midnight Cerulean Event Addict
[Apr 6, 2007 8:07:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    FeythePirate [Link]  Go to top 
Diver_Down

Pirate name: Hildebrand
Ocean: Sage

Puzzle:

NXHIT WCISE KYVXR MXBDV JVIKI

OKJWB NIJXS OGCDO JCXSJ OZIOS

XJVIW KJOJC XSMIJ KGOWU RWONU

YCJVO MCJJM IRBPP MCSD!
Hildebrand of Silent Fools on Sage
Hilarion the labour alt on other doubloon oceans
[Apr 6, 2007 8:21:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bloodybart1

ocean: viridian
name: godofal

the solution is a 5 digit key:

give a hand full to the swan
will you got with me to the football (not that american one!)

it's translated, otherwise it would rime...

dutch version:

geef een handje aan de zwaan,
wil je met mij naar het voetbal gaan

answer of 5 digit key + how u came to it is the answer
godofal on viridian
[Apr 6, 2007 8:28:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
englandman

Pirate Name: Englandfan
Ocean: Viridian

This is my crossword puzzle, hope you enjoyed it, on one of the clues i accidently put to instead of two, and then couldnt change it, so please, just ignore that slight error :)

Sorry, the clue that says 2 ranks above distinguished is supposed to be 3 ranks above, sorry about that
[Apr 6, 2007 8:52:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Santa_Pirate

Ahoy Apollo I have a very fun puzzle for you!

Help for hint: Apollo the answer always comes to you in the end.

Question: I am think of something what is it?

Click here to Cheat .
[Apr 6, 2007 9:44:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
polly_cracke

pirate name: Redbane

Shifting Colors.

What is black when you buy it, red when you use it, and gray when you throw it away?
Demioldtale ~ Hunter

Fix the edit button!
[Apr 6, 2007 10:40:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
karen_12

GlorLa ,viridian

Hint : it has a easter theme
[Apr 6, 2007 10:44:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mac7306

What does this mean?

ts2M
[Apr 6, 2007 10:44:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
polly_cracke

my ocean is:hunter (forgot) :(
Demioldtale ~ Hunter

Fix the edit button!
[Apr 6, 2007 10:44:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sinocelt

Box of Eggs Reply to this Post

Pirate: Rom
Ocean: Sage

[Apr 6, 2007 10:55:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.sicart.info/en/etc/fav/ypp.html [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 105   Pages: 4   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2014 Three Rings Design, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates