• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 8
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1603 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
ms_national

Come help Calyx & Adesh renew their vows

Come one Come all as - Calyx & Adesh - renew their vows on
Saturday April 28th 11am game time on board the War Frig "Gifted Blowfish"
Immediately following the ceremony will be a pillage with a guest Bnavver (*hopefully springy*)
On the pillage there will be special gift wrapped presents to win through riddles & trivia about the couple
and following the pillage local only tourneys at their estate on Luthien
[Apr 5, 2007 9:00:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ms_national

Re: Come help Calyx & Adesh renew their vows

Ok so the frig will be navved by Shuranthae

So everyone come make LOADS of poez
[Apr 8, 2007 11:58:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
HockeyRas

Why would you want Shuranthae to nav? Shur can't nav, allways getting shot up and hitting rocks and the edge of the board. Tsk Tsk Tsk. Lol, just teasing, I love Shur. Hope to be there, and congrats on renewing!
----------------------------------------
~Bootymoe
SO of The Booty Mooners
Ex-Govenor of Winter Solstice
[Apr 9, 2007 6:31:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ms_national

So far I have 55 gifts wrapped that need new owners on the shippy. They contain furniture, trinkets, clothing, bludgeons, cards for items (such as at least 1 ship), whick potions & more.

Reminder 2 weeks from today is the renewel @ 11am game time. Shuranthae is our Bnavver
[Apr 14, 2007 1:06:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ms_national

Wedding time changed to 10am so we can have the sink-a-thon event

*cue 1812 Overture*

The purpose of this post is to gauge interest in a massive sinking event. The premise of the event is this: Event is set on a sinking blockade board. Two (or more) teams of 30 pirates each. Each pirate provides a ship deed to a fully-stocked war brig for the event. War brigs battle each other until all 60 ships have sunk. Each pirate sinks 30 times.

To add to the fun and mayhem, suicide sloops will be out on the field taking pot shots at both sides in a fun-filled sinking free-for-all. Also, prizes will be awarded for various mystery categories. One mystery category will be First Injury.

Event date is April 28th (I know 2 weeks). Start time would be roughly Noon, game time - which would be following my wedding pillage. Wedding takes place at 10am game time. Last time this was ran it went roughly 5 rounds. **This will be at Ostreum**

Other details:
If you are one of the lucky pirates with a spot aboard the ill-fated war brigs, your chance of getting at least one injury is rumored to be 60%. A reliable, but aged source, revealed to me that the probability of getting an injury hovers around 3% each time you sink. If true, then...
Probability of Injury = 1 - Probability of No Injury
3% = 100% - 97%

If you sink 30 times in a row...
Probability of Injury = 1 - (Probability of No Injury)^(Number of sinks)
59.89% = 1 - (.97)^30
Or, roughly 60%.

Think of it... 60 pirates, 60 war brigs, 60% chance each one could walk, er, limp away with at least one injury. I wish I could guarantee the reliability of these figures, but I am putting up a few of my own war brigs to show my confidence in them. And holy mackerel! Think of all the fish! Bludgeon trunks will be awarded as some of the prizes for the mystery categories.

Each pirate who provides a stocked ship gets to nav their ship in the event. For each additional war brig a pirate provides, that pirate may gift a seat to the pirate of their choosing. Example: Joe Pirate gives two ships for the event; he navs both ships and gives a seat to a friend. Also, if you get an injury on your 10th sink (and don't want to be greedy and go for another), you may gift your other 20 sinking spots to a friend. (Limit on how many friends you can designate - I expect lots of mates to be standing on the shores offering to buy your seat to the event.)

Reply to this post if you'd like to attend the party and whether you'd like to bring a brig, donate ships or supplies, bring a suicide sloop, or be a judge for the mystery categories (I need at least 4, probably). Post yer questions, too, if you have any. Feel free to bug me in game. Hoping for at least 60 war brigs to be offered up in this thread.

To secure your seat, all you need to do is give me the deed to a stocked war brig (50 rum/100 med shot) - any port on Midnight is fine. I will confirm your spot by posting to the event thread when it is made (I might edit/update this initial post or make a fresh thread for the event itself). If this event needs to be cancelled, all ships and supplies will be returned. If the event needs to be rescheduled, all confirmed participants have dibs on the new date.

If the response is overwhelming (120 pirates shout, "Take my ship; sink me!"), then for each batch of 30 pirates who responds, there will be another team of war brigs. 90 responses would create 3 teams, 120 for 4 teams, and so on. If there's an encore event requested, I'll try to host another Sink-A-Thon.

**Shamelessly stolen from Rexelita's Sink-a-thon event that I helped run**
[Apr 15, 2007 2:13:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ms_national

Just poking everyone - reminder this is next Saturday - April 28th starting 10am game time. Send me a tell to be jobbed.

Just SOME of the over 60 gifts waiting to be won on the pillage

~Adesh
[Apr 21, 2007 1:28:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ms_national

Now up to 61 gifts to win

Sat 10am - be there to see what Calyx gets not only in game but RL as well
[Apr 24, 2007 1:00:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
rebelplaya52

Now up to 61 gifts to win

Sat 10am - be there to see what Calyx gets not only in game but RL as well

Rawr!

But totally count me in!
----------------------------------------
Strength-Midnight

PLUR
[Apr 24, 2007 10:15:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates