• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 52
Posts: 52   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 17891 times and has 51 replies Next Thread
Hypnos
OceanMaster

[Ice] Gems? Reply to this Post

We're testing to see how gems spawn and the prices are set on Ice right now, before bringing them to the other production oceans. If any mates notice quartz, beryl, or lapis spawning, we're buying them at Shatterstone, Cold Spring, and Fort Royal respectively. Please post here and let me know with the sell prices.

Thank you!
----------------------------------------
face down in the soup again - Avatar by Sharktail of Sage
Cnuofesd of Viridian wrote: 
I regually snort porridge oats up my nose too.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Hypnos at Apr 2, 2007 4:38:54 PM]
[Apr 2, 2007 4:38:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

Re: [Ice] Gems? Reply to this Post

Hip hip hooray! Gems for all. Gems for merchants. ;-)
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. ~ Jack Layton

Sublime is shame.
[Apr 2, 2007 4:47:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RingRopes

yey for gems
Bangorian
SO, Your Worst Nightmare
Lord, Hardcore Explorers
Sage
[Apr 2, 2007 5:06:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thunderbird

I created a chart for the Ice gems in the YPPedia Gem article. As for what I've seen so far: Fort Royal sells Quartz gems for 800, Cold Spring sells them for 790.
Pirate tells you, "my, that's one BIG wad o' chewing gum ye have mounted on yer bonce! oO'"
Sungod officer chats, "I wonder if anyone's sailing the harpsichord"
Pirate tells you, "ZOMG CANDYFLOSS!!! *munches*"
[Apr 2, 2007 7:54:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pianoman1125

YAY! The other oceans can finally benefit from my Gem running tutorial! Don't think there's anything I would need to change if it moved to the other oceans.

/me thinks for a bit.

~The Maestro
Muffynz
A Cartographer

Member of Crimson Tide
YPPedia Admin
Not-so-secretly conducting the oceans since 2003.
[Apr 2, 2007 8:14:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Pianoman1125    Your average cupcake is just not as tasty. [Link]  Go to top 
Thunderbird

Beryl sell prices:

Fort Royal: 770
Eieio: 680
Kings: 630

Shatterstone doesn't have any at this time.
Pirate tells you, "my, that's one BIG wad o' chewing gum ye have mounted on yer bonce! oO'"
[Apr 3, 2007 10:01:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SilveRansom

YAY! The other oceans can finally benefit from my Gem running tutorial! Don't think there's anything I would need to change if it moved to the other oceans.

/me thinks for a bit.

~The Maestro

Maybe some location/route data for different oceans, but just looking over it, it looks good. ;D

Mmmmm, gems...
Silveransom
makes art like this or this &
Blender Eggs!
[Apr 3, 2007 10:40:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://s13.invisionfree.com/Peregrine_Design/ [Link]  Go to top 
DreadedChris

While you're messing with the gems code... may I suggest that gem-spawning on npp's and forages be re-examined. It's really quite useless to gain 1 gem on the opposite side of the ocean from where it can be sold.

Foraging normally only brings in one item though, so, I don't know... if a gem is foraged, the next 4 forages are also gems? With NPP's just make sure they give out 5 gems or such at a time. Obviously, this means decreasing the frequency of those sources to 1/5th as often to keep the same balance. I don't know that the same balance needs to be kept though, with all the palace poe sinks that have been added we could live with a little more fountain.

Just a thought. And I'll keep an eye out when I'm icing.
~< The Dread Pirate Chris >~
[Apr 3, 2007 11:47:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Burnt_Water

Question even though I've not gotten gems, how will this work at Viridian/Cobalt with their 3 archs?
Hard and big guide to whack off Brigands
How to make a pirate feel good
[Apr 3, 2007 9:44:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Bored en route? Bring a book or puzzle next time. [Link]  Go to top 
Hypnos
OceanMaster

There would be three types of gems. Suggestions on how to make things clear where gems are traded to and where you'll be selling them, as apart from Jade, none of the other archipelagos of the oceans correspond with a gemstone type.

[Apr 4, 2007 10:31:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pianoman1125

Obviously, in the case of Sage, they shouldn't be gems; they should be bird eggs corresponding to the bird archipelago.

Hunter would do well with finding stars that belong to a specific constellation. i.e. archipelago.

The rest can stay as gems probably.

~The Maestro
Muffynz
A Cartographer

Member of Crimson Tide
YPPedia Admin
Not-so-secretly conducting the oceans since 2003.
[Apr 4, 2007 10:35:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Pianoman1125    Your average cupcake is just not as tasty. [Link]  Go to top 
Chavez67

Obviously, in the case of Sage, they shouldn't be gems; they should be bird eggs corresponding to the bird archipelago.

Yes.

I did it.
clarify
It was me.

[Apr 4, 2007 10:39:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DreadedChris

There would be three types of gems. Suggestions on how to make things clear where gems are traded to and where you'll be selling them, as apart from Jade, none of the other archipelagos of the oceans correspond with a gemstone type.

Ardently advise, alliteration alleviates all ails.
[Apr 4, 2007 10:46:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
taelac

Hypnos wrote: 

Erm...jade, onyx, and garnet? I think Viridian and Cobalt are already taken care of. :)
~Taelac
ROMS XVII:Vanilla Filler
Dead Thread
[Apr 4, 2007 10:53:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

Discussions on equivalents to Midnight's gems

Faulkston,
meta-linky
[Apr 4, 2007 11:10:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
Thunderbird

So, quartz gems were spawning on Monday, we had beryls spawning yesterday...supposedly that leaves the lapis gems to spawn today, but I haven't seen any...anyone else?
[Apr 4, 2007 12:27:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
KonfuZer

So, quartz gems were spawning on Monday, we had beryls spawning yesterday...supposedly that leaves the lapis gems to spawn today, but I haven't seen any...anyone else?

I'm from Viridian, and all this gem talk is new (and fascinating) to me. I can see it now: I'm running a load of gems to sell them someplace, and my gunner starts complaining, "Don't turn so much! The beryl is sliding all over the place!"
~ Reepacheep
:: Found on the Meridian Ocean
:: Sail with me
[Apr 4, 2007 2:43:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
taelac

Reepacheep wrote: 
"Don't turn so much! The beryl is sliding all over the place!"

/e groans.

There will be pun-ishment forthcoming for that one.

A good pun is its own reword.
~Taelac
ROMS XVII:Vanilla Filler
Dead Thread
[Apr 4, 2007 3:29:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DreadedChris

Simple Sage Suggestion Supplied
(Worked with wikipedia's wisdom)

Dodo: Diamond
Gull: Garnets
Ibis: Iolite
Osprey: Obsidian
Pelican: Pearl
Puffin: Pyrite
Stork: Sapphire
Tern: Topaz
[Apr 4, 2007 3:36:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
spy234

Simple Sage Suggestion Supplied
(Worked with wikipedia's wisdom)

Dodo: Diamond
Gull: Garnets
Ibis: Iolite
Osprey: Obsidian
Pelican: Pearl
Puffin: Pyrite
Stork: Sapphire
Tern: Topaz

Stop with the alliteration!
Aidthewound of Sage
FO of For The Poes.

[Apr 4, 2007 4:16:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com    aidthewound [Link]  Go to top 
Chavez67

Seriously, though, if we can't get bird eggs then alliteration is probably the best way to go.

I did it.
clarify
It was me.

[Apr 5, 2007 5:12:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Syff

Seriously, though, if we can't get bird eggs then alliteration is probably the best way to go.

I don't know, basing it off the archipelago's color (as seen on charts) might work well.

So that could be Topazes for light-blue Dodo, we can probably recycle Coral for pale-red Osprey,... Etcetera.
Syff, Sage ocean
Avatar and villanous bandana theft by Tilinka
[Apr 5, 2007 9:28:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DreadedChris

I don't know, basing it off the archipelago's color (as seen on charts) might work well.

So that could be Topazes for light-blue Dodo, we can probably recycle Coral for pale-red Osprey,... Etcetera.

Can the charts be recolored so you have both? I know I don't rely on chart colors very much, and when I do, it doesn't matter if they aren't the same as last week, I just use it to visually group what's in front of me.
[Apr 5, 2007 9:35:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thunderbird

It appears that beryls are spawning again. I never saw any lapis gems spawn, did anybody else?
[Apr 7, 2007 12:54:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
B_licker

It appears that beryls are spawning again. I never saw any lapis gems spawn, did anybody else?

Lapis lazuli gems are now available. I've updated the wiki page.
[Apr 7, 2007 10:24:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hypnos
OceanMaster

I hear there is a small bug having to do with gems spawning that we have fixed for the next release on Ice. If that goes well, I will post which gems spawn in which archipelagos for all oceans someplace prominent (and on the Y!PPedia). Yarr!

Alliteration and color-coordination are sound ideas. Thanks, mates!

[Apr 9, 2007 10:22:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
imwamphyr

1) Can we get this whisked to the new [Ice] forums.

2) Are these supposed to, for testing purposes, spawn every few minutes or is that a bug? I have a bunch of sloops I needed to move from eieio to the rest of the ocean in prep for an ICE whisking party, so I thought I'd check gems for sale to pay for my rum usage in moving, and I stopped to go to the bathroom. When I came back, another batch of gems had spawned, so I bought them. Then I was like, lemme go outside and have a smoke. When I came back, another batch had spawned. I'm like, if I sit here all day...

Just wondering if it's a bug, or if it's just intentionally like that on ICE to give a broad chance at testing it out or something.
Selling my Grunion Collection!
174 ships, 164 sloops, ALL GRUNIONS!
[Apr 18, 2007 10:16:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Pirate Muroni [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

Duly whisked. - Faulkston
[Apr 18, 2007 10:21:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
imwamphyr

Thank you =)
Selling my Grunion Collection!
174 ships, 164 sloops, ALL GRUNIONS!
[Apr 18, 2007 10:23:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Pirate Muroni [Link]  Go to top 
tkp42

Pardon my dub ocean ignorance, but what's the point of gems? Just something else to buy and sell?

And bird eggs is just a stupid idea. Sorry.
Tonya+nator
Claiming poker ruined the game since 2006
[Apr 19, 2007 6:21:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://ice.puzzlepirates.com/yoweb/pirate.wm?target=Tonyanator [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 52   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates