• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 107
Posts: 107   Pages: 4   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 17720 times and has 106 replies Next Thread
imwamphyr

Re: On Account Sharing and Ban-evading Reply to this Post

First offences shouldn't receive the death penalty, is all.

That rather depends on the offence doesn't it.
I have to agree. Going through and selling everything off 100 ships from your crew and running off with the PoE? Permanent ban first time. You can't tell me people don't fricking know that stealing is wrong. If they don't know that BEFORE they get here, we won't be able to teach it to them, either.
----------------------------------------
Selling my Grunion Collection!
174 ships, 164 sloops, ALL GRUNIONS!
[Mar 31, 2007 10:50:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Pirate Muroni [Link]  Go to top 
Dylan

First offences shouldn't receive the death penalty, is all.

That rather depends on the offence doesn't it.
I have to agree. Going through and selling everything off 100 ships from your crew and running off with the PoE? Permanent ban first time. You can't tell me people don't fricking know that stealing is wrong. If they don't know that BEFORE they get here, we won't be able to teach it to them, either.

Ok, so you've decided that 100 steals is an instant permaban. But I doubt many crews have that many unlocked ships, nowadays.

Assuming that you don't want to instapermaban someone who sells off 10 grog unknowingly, in your system there either needs to be some sort of hard and fast rule, or a judgement call by an OM.

Hard and fast rules are bad because they lead to people saying, oh, you can steal up to 9.999 PoE and you might be lucky and get away with it, or at worst you will get a weeks ban.

Making judgement calls is hard on OMs, because it takes more time and is also (I imagine) somewhat stressful.

I'm simply proposing that OMs have a much freer hand in suspensions, yet very rarely instapermaban.

I believe spitting in public is illegal in Singapore, or something like that. I don't recall exactly what the punishment is, but it is quite harsh - a public flogging or something like that (exaggeration++?). But I would like to believe that they don't impose the death penalty if you spit more than X times in public.

What I find most amusing, though, is that people are always NIMBYs, except me. And anybody who thinks they are "tough on law" is actually less so than I am. You see, while I am a strong believer in second and even third chances, and also rather privacy oriented, I "wish" it were possible to restrict people from multiple games if they consistently behave badly.

I have to admit that a short suspension doesn't work as well as a punishment when there are plenty of other games to play. But I simply don't understand the logic that getting rid of the naughties completely solves the problem - it simply unloads it on someone else.

Then again, I'm old enough to know that education can work. Coot++.
[Apr 1, 2007 10:25:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Eurydice
Community Manager

Dylan wrote: 
Ok, so you've decided that 100 steals is an instant permaban. But I doubt many crews have that many unlocked ships, nowadays.

Just as an aside, and not as a comment on any other part of your post but the one in bold above:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Ever the optimist.
Sigismundo tells you, "Ask not for whom the tiny violin shrills. It shrills for thee."
[Apr 1, 2007 11:11:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.guildcafe.com/member/Eurydice [Link]  Go to top 
Dylan

Dylan wrote: 

Just as an aside, and not as a comment on any other part of your post but the one in bold above:

Giggle. I know, the officers are just as stupid :/ Perhaps not criminally so, but still :)
[Apr 1, 2007 12:48:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Poke_Me

Dylan wrote: 

HA
HAH
AHAH
AHAHA.

Ever the optrician.

Fixed Miss Nemesis
Pokemey Houston sings I will always luff joo

Back to defend his Viridian Idol crown.
[Apr 2, 2007 2:51:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Eurydice
Community Manager

Dylan wrote: 

HA
HAH
AHAH
AHAHA.

Ever the optrician.

Fixed Miss Nemesis

Except that I'm not Nemesis. :)
Sigismundo tells you, "Ask not for whom the tiny violin shrills. It shrills for thee."
[Apr 2, 2007 9:22:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.guildcafe.com/member/Eurydice [Link]  Go to top 
Poke_Me

Dylan wrote: 

HA
HAH
AHAH
AHAHA.

Ever the optrician.

Fixed Miss Nemesis

Except that I'm not Nemesis. :)

yes, and congratulations you passed the test....
Pokemey Houston sings I will always luff joo

Back to defend his Viridian Idol crown.
[Apr 2, 2007 9:29:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BehindCurtai

Dylan wrote: 

Now, now. Lots of unlocked ships around is a good thing. It means that officers can easily use available ships to run pillages. It means that a good FO, with permission gained on a crew forum, can do things in game.

Now, if we had fine-grained permissions (on the list), then this wouldn't be such a concern.
"We're trying to find the error bars on that number"

Dylan wrote: 
Why buy sham poo when real poo is so readily available

[Apr 8, 2007 1:58:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://StrictConstitution.BlogSpot.Com [Link]  Go to top 
oliviazz

Well someone spreaded a rumor about me on forums assuming that im ban evading and I do not Appreciate that at all... So please who ever in the world spreaded that rumor GET A LIFE! I know for a FACT that i never had an acc known as Nicolas322...
[Aug 26, 2009 9:00:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Metallife

I know for a FACT that i bumped an extremely old thread for no reason.

Fixed.
Crazyfists
Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.
[Aug 26, 2009 11:18:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Burnt_Water

I know for a FACT that i bumped an extremely old thread for no good reason.

Fixed.

Fixed.
Hard and big guide to whack off Brigands
How to make a pirate feel good
[Aug 26, 2009 11:40:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Bored en route? Bring a book or puzzle next time. [Link]  Go to top 
Rick9109

Dylan wrote: 

(;
Rome
Pirates of the Damned, Crimson Tide.
I don't care what it did to them, the game's been good to me.
[Aug 28, 2009 5:03:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    rick9109    cactusrome [Link]  Go to top 
fooigant

All you really have to do is ask them if that used to be their old account. If they say yes you tell an OM, you have evidence and boom.
Joshi on Viridian
[Sep 19, 2009 5:37:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dylan

Did Missy miss a bump?
[Sep 19, 2009 6:29:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Crazypira

I was banned jsut recently for account sharing and I was sharing with my brother. I didn't even know of this rule and still I'm banned I really don't get it I mean can anyone help? And if your banned on game wouldnt your forums acc be inactivated just checking cause don't want to break anymore unknown rules to me
My Signature
[Feb 14, 2011 5:15:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ade446

And if your banned on game wouldnt your forums acc be inactivated just checking cause don't want to break anymore unknown rules to me

Noes, your game-account is banned, theres a different ban for the forums... that also can be achieved o:

Your prolly best off using the support form.

Link: http://www.puzzlepirates.com/support/

Good Luck!
Sincerely
[Feb 14, 2011 5:26:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Maskforum

I didn't even know of this rule and still I'm banned

Then I guess you agreed to a ToS that you did not read.
Mask - Hunter Ocean
Island degisner
[Feb 21, 2011 12:06:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 107   Pages: 4   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates