• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 5
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 802 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
adramolek

Feature Request: Mute entire /fofficer channel. Reply to this Post

An /fomuteall command would be nice every once in a while.
----------------------------------------
The List: Where good suggestions go when they die.
More swords now thx.
CLICKY -> CLICK HERE TO CLAIM YOUR 100000 POE PRIZE! <- CLICKY
[Feb 20, 2004 9:52:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Smurrf

Re: Feature Request: Mute entire /fofficer channel. Reply to this Post

This has been brought up before. In various ways.

Over here is another thread suggesting muting of some sort, with another link back to an older post.

Bottom line...muting's been suggested repeatedly, and the given consensus for it every time is that there would inevitably be pertinent information lost, and that outweighs any benefits of the muting. If ye have that much of a problem with chat...simply ask people to use tells, crew chat, go to an inn, etc. Or mute them yerself.
Hermit Smurrf
[Feb 20, 2004 10:36:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Althalus

adramolek wrote: 
An /fomuteall command would be nice every once in a while.

Just tell everyone to shut up, and if all else fails you can always demote yourself, heh.
Ninja-Admin of Tyrs Own.
Sr Officer and Scribe of The Phoenix Warriors.
[Feb 20, 2004 9:26:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://tyr.simplecodes.com/forum    theirvman84    MasterAlthalus [Link]  Go to top 
atteSmythe

I do see the /foff channel getting spammy at times. Mostly I don't mind, since it brings us closer to each other in the flag.

Actually, I had an interesting /foff moment the other day. I'd promoted a new officer, and the thing he mentioned was toughest about the job was learning to read chat at a glance so that he knew to ignore the /foff chatter.

That's the segment I feel a little sorry for - When a pirate, ye don't have to be spectacular about puzzling and reading at the same time. It helps, but it's hardly necessary - if yer not movin' to the right spot, someone will order you. Suddenly, as an officer, ye need to do 'em both and ye get added /foff traffic at the same time.

atteSmythe,
who sees this as an artifact of not having more flag ranks to use

Attesmythe receives loot: [Gauntlets of Social Responsibility]
Attesmythe receives loot: [Ring of Mandatory Selflessness]

[Feb 21, 2004 12:59:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://attesmythe.com [Link]  Go to top 
spinn

I think it's more because /fo chat looks a lot like a /tell. When it was implemented, I'd assumed "___ flag officer chats," was a placeholder for putting in a new chat box shape, but I guess this is not the case?

I thought a text box with a little flag-looking rectangle notch thing at the top would've helped this, so you could ignore it at a glance if you're in battle.
And thus, the message is concluded.
[Feb 21, 2004 1:44:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.spinnwebe.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates