• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 327
Posts: 327   Pages: 11   [ First Page | Previous Page | 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 73418 times and has 326 replies Next Thread
ljwljw

Re: Design Easter Eggs for the game! Deadline 10th March. Reply to this Post

i've jus done som improved version of my 1st n 2nd pictures...
so i thought i should enter them in too...

ttp://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j95/him429_18/ppeaastereggdesign0.png

ttp://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j95/him429_18/ppeastereggdesign1.jpg

thanks, cya!!

Katifa-Viridian ocean

Edit: links and image tags deliberately broken to avoid other people thinking this is the entry thread. Please repost in the Entry Thread (link in the first post) if you have not already. ~Apollo
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Apollo at Mar 10, 2007 9:25:13 AM]
[Mar 9, 2007 3:58:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ljwljw

wt's the rendering page???
[Mar 9, 2007 4:01:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
vixyish

Thank you again to the helpful pirates doing the rendering and posting.

You're most welcome! It's been fun. :)

We've got a system down now where Patetch is doing the rendering of the final entries and I'm putting them onto the wiki that Guppy set up and started. Patetch, ShortyJack, and SilveRansom are all doing the renderings on the test thread.

Just to let everyone know, I'm going to be gone for *some* of Saturday, but I'll be home in time to add all of Saturday's entries to the wiki after midnight. So if you post to the entry thread on Saturday and don't see your name on the wiki right away, don't panic.

Just as a reminder, any entries that had problems are also noted there under your pirate name (or your account name if you didn't provide a pirate name).
-- Vixyfish on Cerulean
[Mar 9, 2007 4:07:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.vixyandtony.com [Link]  Go to top 
Bojetta

[Mar 9, 2007 5:00:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
veloas

how do u post pictures i have to good pictures saved on my computer
[Mar 9, 2007 5:30:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Patetch

There still seems to be some confusion.

Where to post
There are three different threads plus a wiki page that are connected to this contest.

First there is this current thread, which is in Events and is a place to ask questions concerning this event.

Second, there is a pre-entry thread in Mariners Muse where some of us will render your designs onto the 3d egg shape so that you can see what it looks like and make corrections before entering. It is found here:
http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=58453

Third, there is the entry thread, also in Mariners Muse. If it isn't posted there, it isn't considered an entry. It is found here: http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=58387
This really should be for your final answers, use the other thread for seeing what it will look like.

Finally, there is the Wiki page, where we have taken every entry in the entry thread, rendered them as eggs, and posted them alphabetically by your pirate name (which should have been included in your entry.) That is found here: http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Art:Design_Easter_Eggs/Rendered_entries
Please note entries that were not in the PNG format were not rendered. It is to your advantage to check here!

************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Correct graphic format:
Most programs have a "Save As" option, which you use to change the format, this is what it looks like in Paint:

Renaming a file from egg.bmp or egg.jpg to egg.png does not change it to a PNG file any more than calling a cat a dog makes it so :P
If you cannot get it in the right format, I will do it for you - all you need to do is ask.

An image "wraps" if two copies can sit next to eachother and you cannot pick out the edge.

************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Posting pictures:
You need to have a image hosting service such as Photobucket or Imageshack (both free.) I personally use imageshack and have found that it works best to use the direct link they give, copy and paste it into your post, then highlight it (mouse drag over it) and click the image button. Please note: it is not encouraged to use the YPPedia for image hosting unless specifically requested in the event info.

Finally please note: I am not in any way shape or form officially involved in the running of this event - I am not a judge or event runner - I am simply a volunteer willing to help, I didn't make the rules :D
Pletoo of Sage
[Mar 9, 2007 8:27:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kalimba

I´m so nervous about the contest. there is so many entries, i would like to know how many will be chosen as winners. Is it a percentage or only 9 like last year´s contest?
[Mar 10, 2007 2:36:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gweenie

Gweenie on Cobalt Ocean

Oakies... Let's give this a whirl...

ttp://phantomscastle.com/piratepic/egg002.png
ttp://phantomscastle.com/piratepic/egg004.png

ttp://phantomscastle.com/piratepic/egg005.png
ttp://phantomscastle.com/piratepic/egg006.png

Edit: links and image tags deliberately broken to avoid other people thinking this is the entry thread. Please repost in the Entry Thread (link in the first post) if you have not already. ~Apollo
Gweenie of Cobalt

We Be Pirates!....Resistance Be Futile.....Ye Will Be Assimilated!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Apollo at Mar 10, 2007 9:21:42 AM]
[Mar 10, 2007 6:25:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jadden

Re: Design Easter Eggs for the game! Reply to this Post

ttp://www.miguelrita.com/photo/puzzle/Pikin_06.png

ttp://www.miguelrita.com/photo/puzzle/Pikin_05.png

ttp://www.miguelrita.com/photo/puzzle/Pikin_04.png

Egg Preview :)

ttp://www.miguelrita.com/photo/puzzle/Salvador.jpg

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Apollo at Mar 10, 2007 9:26:32 AM]
[Mar 10, 2007 6:59:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jadden

Re: Design Easter Eggs for the game! Reply to this Post

Forgot the Name:

Account: Jadden
Character : Salvator
Ocean: viridian

Edit: links and image tags deliberately removed to avoid other people thinking this is the entry thread. Please repost in the Entry Thread (link in the first post) if you have not already. ~Apollo
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Apollo at Mar 10, 2007 9:27:09 AM]
[Mar 10, 2007 7:02:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
micklauer

Edit: images removed as requested. ~Apollo
Devout follower of Apollo
d(-_^) Blackhat Approved
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Apollo at Mar 10, 2007 9:29:44 AM]
[Mar 10, 2007 7:16:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Benzene265

This has gone on long enough.

The entry thread is HERE . If you do not put your eggshells in the right thread, they will not be entered.
A Ghyslaine and a Rhodin for every Ocean, but mostly on Viridian.
Make the natural choice for our oceans: Google Rhodin Blonde!
[Mar 10, 2007 7:25:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Have you considered becoming a well-tanned blonde? [Link]  Go to top 
Patetch

/e quietly points to the entry thread
Pletoo of Sage
[Mar 10, 2007 7:27:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Patetch

sniped :)
Pletoo of Sage
[Mar 10, 2007 7:28:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
admiralette

when will we know who is the winner ?
[Mar 10, 2007 7:43:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
micklauer

This has gone on long enough.

The entry thread is HERE . If you do not put your eggshells in the right thread, they will not be entered.

You are absolutely right, gawd, I can't believe I did this...of all people!!!!

Please someone delete it or something! 1000 apologies, really!!!

So sorry!!!

/e so so so sorry!!!

kp
d(-_^) Blackhat Approved
[Mar 10, 2007 8:00:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
micklauer

Not to excuse myself, but to explain...

I'm wickedly tired and I was spotted so many entries (consecutive ones) I think my brain assumed that this WAS the entry thread.

Seriously, Apollo (and all event goers)...my bad!

kp
d(-_^) Blackhat Approved
[Mar 10, 2007 8:03:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
AndromedaCL

I'm wickedly tired and I was spotted so many entries (consecutive ones) I think my brain assumed that this WAS the entry thread.

kp

Don't be so hard on yourself! Everyone makes mistakes. That said... it is kind of funny, when you read you avatar. ;-)
Carribean
Carribean Cruise Lines

Androclea's Realm
[Mar 10, 2007 8:53:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.geocities.com/androcleasrealm/home.htm    AndrocleasRealm    AndrocleaNight [Link]  Go to top 
micklauer

kp

Don't be so hard on yourself! Everyone makes mistakes. That said... it is kind of funny, when you read you avatar. ;-)

:'(

Thus, you will understand why I'm ordering my own beheading...after the Kareoke Contest though...:(

kp
d(-_^) Blackhat Approved
[Mar 10, 2007 9:38:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Apollo
OceanMaster

Thus, you will understand why I'm ordering my own beheading...after the Kareoke Contest though...:(

kp

Aye, neck stumps don't make great American Idols!
[Mar 10, 2007 10:33:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
AndromedaCL

kp

Aye, neck stumps don't make great American Idols!

It would also make it a bit more difficult to create your artwork. Earless is one thing, but headless?

***Carribean hugs KP****
Carribean
Carribean Cruise Lines

Androclea's Realm
[Mar 10, 2007 10:49:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.geocities.com/androcleasrealm/home.htm    AndrocleasRealm    AndrocleaNight [Link]  Go to top 
6manculja6

Re: Design Easter Eggs for the game! Deadline 10th March. THIS IS NOT THE ENTRY THREAD Reply to this Post

Pirate girl

pink bunny

white bunny

Here are three of my other desings
[Mar 10, 2007 10:58:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Synful

Re: Design Easter Eggs for the game! Deadline 10th March. THIS IS NOT THE ENTRY THREAD Reply to this Post

I love the booch! Kp gets the Mighty Booch Award!!
The name is Synful.
------------------------
[Mar 10, 2007 12:16:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Apollo
OceanMaster

We've reached the deadline, and I'll lock the entry thread now.

There are loads of brilliant entries! Thanks to everyone who put in an entry, and to everyone who helped (especially Silveransom, Guppymomma, Pletoo and Vixy and others) who helped with the rendering and YPPedia posting.
[Mar 11, 2007 12:07:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
vixyish

Last entry on the entry thread was Kassia of Midnight.

To the best of the knowledge of Pletoo, Guppymomma and me, all entries in the entry thread are now rendered on the wiki page.

Whew! :)

(SO many gorgeous entries!)
-- Vixyfish on Cerulean
[Mar 11, 2007 12:11:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.vixyandtony.com [Link]  Go to top 
Onmogelijk

Good luck everyone on your entries XD
[Mar 11, 2007 1:04:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Synful

We've reached the deadline, and I'll lock the entry thread now.

There are loads of brilliant entries! Thanks to everyone who put in an entry, and to everyone who helped (especially Silveransom, Guppymomma, Pletoo and Vixy and others) who helped with the rendering and YPPedia posting.

Talk about a booch! I intended to post my designs after I got off work, but was whisked away for dinner and upon my return forgot about the deadline. I am so stupid.

PS Have I mentioned I hate Saturday deadlines?
The name is Synful.
------------------------
[Mar 11, 2007 8:43:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Patetch

Aww - Syn you worked so hard, too - I loved your I was even thinking last night that I hadn't seen it come through the entry thread. :(
Pletoo of Sage
[Mar 11, 2007 8:58:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SilveRansom

Aww - Syn you worked so hard, too - I loved your I was even thinking last night that I hadn't seen it come through the entry thread. :(

My wife still loves that one. ;D

Y'know... maybe we can do some sort of community thing for these eggs. An honorary mention, or "people's choice" thing, just for the wiki? :shrug:
Silveransom
makes art like this or this &
Blender Eggs!
[Mar 11, 2007 1:35:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://s13.invisionfree.com/Peregrine_Design/ [Link]  Go to top 
Synful

My wife still loves that one. ;D

Y'know... maybe we can do some sort of community thing for these eggs. An honorary mention, or "people's choice" thing, just for the wiki? :shrug:

Aye, I know, I've worked hard and diligently on them and fully intended on entering them but like I said, I got all excited about going out for dinner and then totally forgot. I thought I did well on my eggs this year, but its ok, they probably wouldn't have been chosen anyway. I don't do the right kind of art for OOO. Its ok, I've had fun making them and thanks to you two and the others I have my own little egg memories on my computer =)
The name is Synful.
------------------------
[Mar 11, 2007 4:18:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 327   Pages: 11   [ First Page | Previous Page | 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates