• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 8
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1246 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
TheSerpent

Anyone playing through 602Pro Lansuite? Reply to this Post

Hello all

I wonder if there is anyone out there who has successfully configured 602Pro software's Lansuite proxy software to allow data through the necessary ports? I can't get past log-in.

I'm using the free 5-user version and have followed the instructions to map a link from any device on my network through the proxy on ports 4007 and 80 and out to ports 4007 and 80 on 64.95.126.131 - which is the IP for www.puzzlepirates.com

This hasn't done the trick. If anyone is more familiar with this software or something that works in a similar way I'd be grateful for their advice.

Thanks in advance
----------------------------------------
Serpent
Midnight: Less Chaotic nowadays
Cobalt: Captain of Universal Exports
--
Where's me buccaneers? Under me buccan'at.
Where's me corsairs? Never you mind.
[Feb 6, 2004 11:31:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
peterdoubt

Re: Anyone playing through 602Pro Lansuite? Reply to this Post

That's one of the IPs for www.puzzlepirates.com. There are two others. But I suspect none of them is what you want (or at least not all you need), as there are also two IPs for midnight.puzzlepirates.com.

PeterDread
[Feb 6, 2004 11:38:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TheSerpent

Tried changing the mapped link to point to ports 4007 and 80 on 64.95.126.132 which is midnight.puzzlepirates.com but still no good.

Also tried pointing it to midnight.puzzlepirates.com instead of using the IP address but no difference. Thanks for the info, though.
Serpent
--
[Feb 7, 2004 12:07:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
peterdoubt

Unfortunately, I don't think it's that simple. It seems to connect to more than one IP. Hopefully someone with Actual Knowledge will weigh in to head off more digging and speculation by me.
[Feb 7, 2004 1:21:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ekerin

This is just my quick assesment from what I can tell on software 602's website:

I don't think mapped links will work. from what I can tell, a mapped link is not a "let this traffic through", it's a "when someone connects to the proxy on port X, forward the data to server y on port X"

You probably need to figure out a way to get YPP to use the socks proxy provided by the firewall, or use a firewall that supports NAT (Network Address Translation).

On the midnight.puzzlepirates.com addresses, what they have setup is a Round-robin DNS record, there are 2 IP addresses associated with the DNS name for midnight, and the DNS server will send out one of the 2 addresses when you query it. Alternating which one it sends each time, priving a cheap form of load balancing.

Hope this helps.
Hack - I don't even play poker now...
Bootseg.com
[Feb 7, 2004 3:46:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.bootseg.com [Link]  Go to top 
TheSerpent

Thanks for that.

Most annoying - I think it's time to use a proper router!
Serpent
--
[Feb 7, 2004 11:02:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lallaria

Ye should also note that there are 3 midnight servers;
midnight1.puzzlepirates.com
midnight2.puzzlepirates.com
midnight3.puzzlepirates.com

Not sure if that even matters, jest thought I'd note it.
Lallaria
[size=10]Retired
[Feb 8, 2004 12:54:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Lallaria [Link]  Go to top 
ekerin

Aye, very good point. I was just going by the entries in the DNS record for midnight at that moment last night. Looks like midnight2 isn't currently in the rotation.
Hack - I don't even play poker now...
Bootseg.com
[Feb 8, 2004 3:38:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.bootseg.com [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates