• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 15
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4689 times and has 14 replies Next Thread
MrTeatime

Hilfe bei Quartermaster (aktuell und Neuauflage) Reply to this Post

Ahoy!
Der Autor des Quartermasters braucht unsere Hilfe. Durch die Möglichkeit den Client auf Deutsch zu stellen kann das Programm auf entsprechende Systemnachrichten nicht mehr richtig reagieren. Unter http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/de/Benutzer:MrTeatime/Quartermaster findet Ihr die Nachrichten, auf die reagiert werden soll. Bitte helft mit und tragt bei fehlenden Zeilen die entsprechende Übersetzung ein.

Ihr ermöglicht damit, dass das Programm problemlos auch auf dem Opal eingesetzt werden kann (auch ohne die Sprache auf Englisch stellen zu müssen)

Für die, die sich mit der YPPedia noch nicht so gut auskennen hier auch die Liste noch einmal:

<PirateName> has applied for the posted job.
<PirateName> has come aboard.
<PirateName> has left the vessel.
This ship has sunk.
Going aboard...
<PirateName> forced <PirateName> to walk the plank.
<PirateName> is eliminated!
You are now in pursuit of '<ShipName>'.
You are being pursued by '<ShipName>'.
She's already in pursuit of you.
She's too far away to mount a chase.
We'll have to wait for our target to set sail before we can give chase.
You are no longer being pursued by '<ShipName>'.
Your target has escaped.
You intercepted the <ShipName>!
You have been intercepted by the <ShipName>!
<ShipName> has grappled <ShipName>. A melee breaks out between the crews!
10 turns have elapsed. The defender is now allowed to disengage from the battle.
Your hearty, <PirateName>, has logged on.
<ShipName> disengaged from the battle.
Game over. Winners: <PirateName>, <PirateName>, <PirateName>.
The victors plundered 4,845 pieces of eight and 11 units of goods from the defeated vessel.
The victors plundered no pieces of eight and 8 units of goods from the defeated vessel.
The booty has been divided!
Failed to invite the player: That user does not wish to be disturbed.
Success: 100 pieces of eight sent to <PirateName>.
Unable to pay: That user is not online.
<PirateName> has taken a job with '<CrewName>'.
<PirateName> has left '<CrewName>'.
<PirateName> says, "Ahoy"
<PirateName> shouts, "Ahoy"
<PirateName> officer chats, "Ahoy"
<PirateName> flag officer chats, "Ahoy"
<PirateName> tells you, "Ahoy"
You told <PirateName>, "Ahoy"
<PirateName> auto-responds, "Ahoy"
<PirateName> flag royalty chats, "Ahoy"
Attention greeters! New pirates are now being sent to <IslandName> Island. In approximately 5 minutes they'll start showing up there instead of the last starter island.
Whisking ye away to start yer mission...
Whisking away to your home island on the magical winds.
Failed to start puzzle: Arr, someone is already working at that station.
Failed to start puzzle: Avast! Ye can't start doing yer duty quite yet.
Failed to start puzzle: Avast, ye haven't yet earned marks enough to do such a duty. Until ye sign up with a crew and achieve the rank of Pirate, you'll have to resign yerself to other duties.
Avast! I can't find a way to walk there.
Avast! She's in the heat of battle. Ye will have to wait for the battle to finish before you can go aboard.
Avast! That crew is weary from their last battle and could use a bit o' rest before they get back into the fray.
Avast, they be too busy fer talkin' right now.
Avast, ye have recently been whisked aboard the vessel and don't yet have yer wits about ye well enough to forage.
Gettin' me move on...
Furniture updated.
Arr! Ye can't stand there.
Arrr, time to rest a moment.
Arr, ye cannot view that info right now.
Arr, after piratifying yer message, it now be too long.
Avast me hearties! <TournamnetName> (<PuzzleType>) will be starting in 15 minutes with an entrance fee of 0 poe. The prize pool is worth at least 10000 pieces of eight!
Oh, ye booched it!
New pirates are being sent to <IslandName> Island.
Yer ability to do <PuzzleName> labor has expired as ye hasn't played the puzzle in a while.
Yer entrance fee of 100 pieces of eight was returned.
Yer landlubbin' employers pay ye 160 poe.
Plank failed: No such user as <PirateName>.
"Do not disturb" enabled: only your hearties will be able to send you puzzle challenges, jobbing invites, or trade requests; and nobody can send you a hearty invite.
"Do not disturb" disabled.
Once the dealer button has passed, ye will be dealt in.
Flop: J?, 10?, K?
Turn: Q?
River: A?
Please retry yer action!
<PirateName> has a <PokerHandName> ( <Cards> ).
<PirateName> won <Amount> pieces of eight from the main pot!
<PirateName> won <Amount> pieces of eight from a side pot!
A carrier pigeon has been dispatched with your application.
A new crew issue was posted: <IssueTitle>
Click on any of the white named pirates to challenge them to a practice sword fight. Check the tournament board for upcoming tournaments or join some mates for a drink or a brawl!
Click on any of the duty stations to play its puzzle. If ye does a good job, you'll earn a few pieces of eight. Some of the stations are below deck. Click the yellow arrow near the hatch to go down.
There be no rum left on this vessel! The crew starts to grumble.
Mumbles of mutiny can be heard between the cursing for the lack o' rum.
With shaking hands and pounding skulls, the crew struggles to keep her on course.
Shiver me timbers! We can't expand that chat circle to make room for ye.
Shiver me timbers! That vessel's full.
Talking to oneself is a sign of impending insanity.
Usage: <Explanation on how to use one of the chat command features>
Command not specific enough, did you mean ' /tell /think /tip'?
Everyone passed three cards across.
Silly pirate! You can always whisk home without using a swig from your potion by clicking the button on the "Ye" panel.
Please wait while sending bug report re: <ReportTitle>
Successfully submitted bug. Thank you!
It is currently Feb 10, 2007 7:52:56 AM PST on the Midnight ocean.
She's not the one we're after.
Here's some furniture to get you started. Check the text in the 'Ahoy' tab to learn how to arrange furniture.
There are currently no orders requiring work at this shoppe.
You can still play the puzzle if you like, you just won't be producing labor and applying it to orders.
Internal error.
Hold yer horses, Captain. We're gettin' her underway.
Auto-response message set. Use /back to turn it off.
Auto-response message cleared.
As a reward for faithful service, ye receive a Bandana (male, tan)!
Your navy rank is now <NavyRank>!
Ye hop on the ferry and are whisked away...
You have trashed your Bandana (male, tan).
Puzzle started (<PirateName> vs. <PirateName>).
Could not tell <PirateName>: That user is not online.
The server will be rebooted in 30 minutes. This is a regularly scheduled maintenance reboot and the server will only be unavailable for a minute or two.
Failed to obtain player info: No such pirate.
There aren't enough sailors to staff this vessel, ye be not influencing the buoys.
Can't vessel chat when you're not on a vessel.
Ye have won <Amount> pieces of eight in the tournament!
You've satisfied the requirements of yer mission, but feel free to keep working!
Your standing in <PuzzleName> went up and is now <StatLevel> in the whole ocean!
Your standing in <PuzzleName> went up and is now <StatLevel> in your archipelago!
Your standing in <PuzzleName> went down and is now <StatLevel> in the whole ocean!
Your standing in <PuzzleName> went down and is now <StatLevel> in your archipelago!
<PirateName> has posted a job offer.
<PirateName> has taken down the job offer.
<PirateName> issued an order to set the vessel to sail.
<PirateName> abandoned a duty station.
<PirateName> has disconnected.
<PirateName> issued an order to engage.
<PirateName> issued an order to turn about.
<PirateName> has entered the puzzle.
<PirateName> issued an order to put into port.
<PirateName> is dividing the booty.
<PirateName> has proposed a division of the booty.
<PirateName> has left the puzzle.
<PirateName> is <PuzzleName> and might be too busy to respond.
<PirateName> is watching the game.
<PirateName> has reconnected.
<PirateName> wins <Amount> pieces of eight.
<PirateName> wins a <ItemName>!
<PirateName> has booched navigation.
<PirateName> has been idle for 3 minutes.
<PirateName> has taken the helm.
<PirateName> issued an order to disengage.
<PirateName> has been invited to join '<CrewName>' as a full member.
<PirateName> has joined '<CrewName>' as a full member.
<PirateName> has been assigned the rank of <CrewRank> in <CrewName>.
<PirateName> has been demoted and is no longer <CrewRank> of <CrewName>.
<PirateName> has ordered you to do some <PuzzleName>.
<PirateName> has won <TournamentName>!
<PirateName> went foraging and found some <CommodName>!
<CrewName>'s articles have been changed.
<IslandName> is now blockaded!
<FlagName> has declared a blockade on <IslandName>. The blockade will commence in one day.
<FlagName> proposed an alliance with <FlagName>.
<FlagName> withdrew their offer of alliance with <FlagName>.
<FlagName> withdrew their declaration of war on <FlagName>.

----------------------------------------
Eldrick auf Opal
Leitender Offizier (Senior Officer) der Ghosts of Darkness
Priester des dunklen Lords El Pollo
[Feb 18, 2007 8:36:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    mrteatime2001    JonathanTeatime    22517701 [Link]  Go to top 
Soar

Re: Hilfe bei Quartermaster (aktuell und Neuauflage) Reply to this Post

Ahoy!

Sorry for the English post, I really wish my German was better. If someone would be kind enough to translate I would be very grateful :]

I'm having lots of difficulties creating the German version of QM. The biggest problem at the moment is that the Puzzle Pirate chat logs do not support German. They cannot handle non-English characters and turn them all in to "?". You can see this by opening one of your chat logs in windows memopad. Actually it would be nice if someone using a German version of windows could confirm this problem as I am using a Eng/Jap version myself.

This wouldn't be so bad because I can work around most of it, except for one big problem. It will badly effect features that rely on character names being accurate.

For example if a player called "Böb" boards your ship, the PP chat logs will record his name as "B?b" and so QM will also record him as B?b. Then if you try to send commands from QM to PP like /tell B?b, or /plank B?b, they wont work.
Also the chat log windows in QM will receive the modified chat messages that look like this:

Weise Angel sagt: "Zur?ck mit dir! Du musst f?r mich pumpen!"
(I have no idea what she just said btw)

There will be other troubles too, for example the names Böb and Büb will both look like B?b to QM and so there may sometimes be errors. automatic payments will also mess up when trying to pay players with "?"s in their names.

Unfortunately there is no way I can fix this problem as I can't make the PP chat log function handle German characters correctly.

So I wanted to ask, how bad is this going to effect QM on Opal? Are there a lot of players with special characters in their names?

If you guys think it wont be such a big deal then I will continue with development of QM for Opal. There should be a beta release ready this week for testing.

Ärbedar!
Tailspin
[Feb 26, 2007 12:49:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
melfis

Hello, the easiest way to get these letters like Ö Ä Ü out of the way is to use for Ö=oe, Ä=ae and Ü=ue

but i don't know if your program could automaticly change this in this way.
[Feb 26, 2007 2:11:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Endymion
OceanMaster

The problems you are seeing are being caused by your system - the chatlogs do support Umlauts (those funny German characters). I've just double checked my own logs that do show Umlauts exactly as they should be.

Unfortunately, I'm not entirely sure what would cause this problem for you. Possibly the right fonts are not installed?
[Feb 26, 2007 7:37:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MrTeatime

I thought it's just a problem with the system's language settings, but switching my system to English didn't change the display of the log. Those special characters still appear correctly in the logs. Opening the log not in ANSI, but UTF-8 just removes the characters (Böb becomes Bb). And switching to Unicode results in lots of chinese chars^^.

As far as I can tell, the special characters appear in the logs.

----------

Kann jemand das Problem rekonstruieren?
Eldrick auf Opal
[Feb 26, 2007 8:03:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    mrteatime2001    JonathanTeatime    22517701 [Link]  Go to top 
MrTeatime

Hab ich jetzt wirklich mehr als 30 Minuten gebraucht um auf den Beitrag zu antworten? *kopfschüttel*
Eldrick auf Opal
[Feb 26, 2007 8:05:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    mrteatime2001    JonathanTeatime    22517701 [Link]  Go to top 
Beautymaus

Ist es möglich, dass es sich dabei um ein lokales Problem handelt?
Also, es auf einem Rechner mit deutschem Betreibssystem funktionieren würde?

Is it possible that it's a local problem? So, that it would be working on a computer with a German operating system?

In meinem Chatlog (Midnight Ocean) find ich jede Menge Umlaute, also der chatlog sollte eigentlich nicht das Problem sein.
Wenn ich Umlaute tippe, stellt Quartermaster sie im Chatfenster auch richtig da.

In my chatlog (Midnight Ocean) there are lots of umlauts, so the chatlog shouldn't be the problem.
When I type umlauts, quartermaster also shows them correctly in the chatwindow.

Vielleicht gibt es 'ne Möglichkeit, dass du es mit Umlauten programmierst (zumindest einige Befehle) und die Version dann jemandem mit deutschem Betreibssystem zum Testen gibst?

Maybe there is a possibility that ye program it with umlauts (at least a few commands) and then give the version to someone with a German operating system, so they can test?

Maus
[Feb 26, 2007 10:23:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    113262929 [Link]  Go to top 
Soar

The problems you are seeing are being caused by your system - the chatlogs do support Umlauts (those funny German characters). I've just double checked my own logs that do show Umlauts exactly as they should be.

Unfortunately, I'm not entirely sure what would cause this problem for you. Possibly the right fonts are not installed?

That's excellent news then! I was hoping it would be as simple a local problem.

I'll run some alpha tests tonight and if goes well I should have a beta package ready for download tomorrow. Thanks for sorting this out for me mates :]

Arbedar!
Tailspin
[Feb 27, 2007 12:13:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Soar

Ahoy!

After much wrestling with the code I'm going to have to put off the complete German compliant version for a while. The number of changes and rewrites needed are too many to handle atm. I'd like to get QM2 out the door as soon as possible, and its sort of been on hold while I've been working on Opal.

So what I have done is create a version with Opal enabled, however you will need to switch your PP language settings to English before it will work. You can do this in the General options tab in puzzle pirates.

My apologies for not having the full version working. It got a great deal more complicated than first expected.

Here is the download link for the Opal version:

QM1.7D Opal Version Download Link
It's for the full version, so if you have QM already installed and want to keep your setting, you will need to copy out your User folder before you re-install. Then just paste it back in place when you are done.

I'll come back to the full german version once I have QM2 done and published. Thanks for all your help so far mates!

Arbedar!
Tailspin
[Mar 1, 2007 6:36:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Svelix

Ahoy!

I just tried to use the German Version on Opal, but I after Quartermaster starts I can't change the Language, cause the Combobox with the Languageselector is deaktivatet for some reason.

What did make wrong?

Greets Svelix
[May 19, 2007 2:56:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MrTeatime

For now Quartermaster 2 will only work with the client set to English. So the language box is deactivated until german language support is added.

Most information is taken from system messages. A list of the german messages is built. Feel free to add new translations here: http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/de/Benutzer:MrTeatime/Quartermaster
Eldrick auf Opal
[May 19, 2007 9:42:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    mrteatime2001    JonathanTeatime    22517701 [Link]  Go to top 
Svelix

And what about the "QM1.7D Opal Version" shouldn't I be able to change the language with that version?
[May 19, 2007 2:29:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Soar

And what about the "QM1.7D Opal Version" shouldn't I be able to change the language with that version?

Ahoy

1.7D was just a just a quick fix for the Opal ocean. It has the same restrictions as QM2. A full German version is not availible yet.

Arbedar!
Tailspin
[May 19, 2007 6:14:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
paaddy

so brauch hilfe bei quarter master 2 is echt ein klasse tool,
aber er findet meinen piraten nich obwohl ich schon alles probiert hab
johoho.log auch da das programm funzt auch aber zum beispiel die crew und schiffs anzeige funktioniert nich
also bitte wer eine lösung hat schreiben
Paddy @ Opal

or Bnavi for my english friends >;)
[Jul 11, 2007 3:48:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MrTeatime

Hast Du auch das Logging aktiviert und QM2 gesagt, wo er das Log Deines Piraten findet?

Logging aktivierst Du im PP-Client. Gehe dort in den Einstellungen (Ye->Options) auf den Reiter "Chat". Dort kannst Du unten den Speicherort des Logs angeben. Dabei gibst Du nur den Speicherort und den "Zusatz" an, als z.B. die gewünschte Endung. Das Log wird dann im angegebenen Ordner nach folgendem Muster abgelegt:
<Piratenname>_<Ozean>_<Zusatz>
Die Datei gibst DU dann bei QM2 an.

Oder meinst Du, dass das Dein Pirat nicht mit einer Crew verknüpft werden kann?

Das musst Du dann von Hand machen. Und zwar so:
Öffne in Deinem Browser diese Seite http://opal.puzzlepirates.com/yoweb/pirate.wm?target=Pirat
(nur bei Pirat den Namen Deines Piraten einfügen)

Dort findest Du dann auch den Link zu Deiner Crew. Wichtig ist dort nur der letzte Teil, die Zahl hinter "crewid=".
Die Zahl gibst Du bei QM2 dann in das dafür vorgesehene Feld ein.
Eldrick auf Opal
[Jul 11, 2007 10:19:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    mrteatime2001    JonathanTeatime    22517701 [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates