• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 9
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1499 times and has 8 replies Next Thread
dnxthx

We Demand Supply! Reply to this Post

Remember when there was a demand for demand? Now there is a demand for supply. It seems that the markets ooze resources at a *very* slow rate. This is true even after I got a whole buch of people to start taking jobs in international markets. Is there anything we can do about this?
----------------------------------------
Duncan
[size=10]Reformed Player
[size=8]Avatar by AaronZOOM
[May 28, 2003 11:28:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rengor

Re: We Demand Supply! Reply to this Post

Im with ye matey.
I was setting out earlier today but realized there was no rum for sale on Alpha (good thing I mostly take off from Turtle now *wink*). I went to the store and could order 2 quantities of swill before both stores had run out of sugar.
With a ton of people on the docks I imagine that was quite a problem.

Weavery was also out of hemp, fortunately I had some from last night I hadn't sold yet so both rif and I could get a bit of cloth.

I tried staking out a market for a good hour and a half, got about 20 wood which is probably enough for 10mins consumption.

Iron which is needed in alot of stores must be nearly impossible to get a hold of.

We need people working for those markets! and if that's not helping, then the supply algorithm needs to be tweaked.
-= SilverBeard of The Mad Mutineers =-
--=== www.madmutineers.com ===--
[May 28, 2003 12:58:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
uzi

I am dying here! Reply to this Post

Also along those lines I am being asked fer white and orange dyes.
How do I make them?
Where do I find all the different herbs?
What about black?
Are all the colors going to become available?

I guess yer job as administers is only beginning. Lots more to do now.

Thanks fer any help ye can give us.
Still hanging 10 through life and looking for the endless summmer.
[May 28, 2003 9:16:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Vixen

Blacks not available, wont be for a while and will always be rare

I be thankful for anyone bringing hemp at present, problem is (same as everyone) that demand is far exceeding supply, soon as i get hemp it dissapears.

If i am around and you took the trouble to collect a decent ammount of hemp, talk to me. If i aint busy i try (still trying to work out the workings of my shoppe) to ensure that you get the colour of clothe your after.

I still need dyes and if Uzi dont have the herbs then I can't be buying them from her, so for now it gonna remain a pain, but be patient and we try our best to make everyone happy
Vixen - Captain of The Black Widows.
[May 28, 2003 9:59:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
uzi

Looks like we have a standstill. Reply to this Post

No raw stock to buy to make our products to supply the needs to sail to get the products we need to make our products if we could even get them.
Huh?
Did that make sense? If ye are a ship's captain, or officer looking fer rum or cannon balls ye will be feeling the lack of supplies. If ye are a shop owner wanting to produce these items ye are really understanding this.

The islands will be standing still.

There is always jobbing on Navy ships. Ye can increase yer bilging ratings and make some POE fer when there is something available to spend it on.
Still hanging 10 through life and looking for the endless summmer.
[May 28, 2003 11:09:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Livesey

And that's because the cheaty navy bastards have some other supplier of rum and canonballs.

-Hethor
-Hethor
[May 29, 2003 12:00:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nemo
Artist

Economic woes Reply to this Post

Duncan has struck the problem exactly. The production was regulated to accept the lack of demand from previous months. We estimated the change that would take place when we introduced clothing, but naturally couldn't guess it exactly. Compound those difficulties with the fact that everyone is a new shop owner and yes, that means a big administrative knot.
So, we agree there is a shortfall. To keep up with this we are taking some short-term steps until we can send you a new release (soon).
Jack and I spent the morning comparing numbers and have found that all of the markets are fully-employed (many are over-employed), so they are producing as fast as they can. So, the new release will beef up those productions a bit. Until then, look for a gradual increase.
The other issue is hemp-specific. The major hemp-producing island (Oyster) has no market and so (currently) no one can get to that hemp. That should change soonish as well, but it's trickier and more interesting than what you may think.

-Nemo

White dye uses white mineral. Orange is made by mixing red and yellow.
[May 29, 2003 2:21:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LonesomeCrow

Re: Economic woes Reply to this Post

Nemo wrote: 
White dye uses white mineral. Orange is made by mixing red and yellow.

Really? Are these dyes truly additive? Meaning the entire spectrum can be created by adding the right amounts of dyes?

So there could be varying shades of color? Which means a reasonable facsimile of black could be made by combining all colors?

We can then order a dye made up of 33.3333% red 33.3333% green and 33.3333% blue?

-Tarrna
Tarrna: [Insignificant] Senior Officer - Sinking Feelings

Sergio Aragones wrote: 

[May 29, 2003 2:56:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
muffy

Re: Economic woes Reply to this Post

LonesomeCrow wrote: 

So there could be varying shades of color? Which means a reasonable facsimile of black could be made by combining all colors?

We can then order a dye made up of 33.3333% red 33.3333% green and 33.3333% blue?

-Tarrna

Actually, in fabric dyeing ye end up with an ugly sort of brown when ye do that. In computers, ye end up with either white or some shade of gray by providing equal quantities of red, green, and blue, while black is created by the absence of all these colors.

We're engaging in natural fabric dyeing here, and black is really just the excessive darkening of one of the other colors available. Interestingly enough, given how everything else in the PP universe relies on some quantity of iron, if black (and gray) fabric were produced as they are in the real world, the weavery could also require iron (and wood).
[May 29, 2003 3:18:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates