• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 7
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1369 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
boro

On the sea, my ship is misplaced in the map right-up corner Reply to this Post

My gf has her PC right next to mine, so I can see her display same time while I'm playing Y!PP with her. We were on the sea, and I was navigating and trying to attack other ships.

After pressing "Attack", I got message that the target is too far away. I wondered that how can it be too far. I wasn't in the crow's nest that time, so I could see the ship in the map placed right-up corner.

I glanced at my gf's screen, and there wasn't even such ship close to us! After trying attack other ships too, I discovered that my ship was displaced on the map. Other ships on the map were real, but my ship wasn't actually located where I saw it. It seemed that my ship was mispositioned on the map.

Funny part was that my ship (on my map) was back to Alpha almost 10mins before than on my gf's map. My ship just kept floating at Alpha while we actually sailed back there. :o)
[May 28, 2003 6:39:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Livesey

Re: On the sea, my ship is misplaced in the map right-up corner Reply to this Post

I saw this problem the othe day, too. I rebooted and it seemed to be better. I haven't noticed a discernable pattern yet, but it has happened on both my fast and slow computers.

-Hethor
Shop at Turtle! We've got better prices to reward yer travel!
----------------------------------------
-Hethor
[May 28, 2003 7:23:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BrotherFury

Re: On the sea, my ship is misplaced in the map right-up corner Reply to this Post

I have had the problems where i am floating around on waypoints.

I see numerous vessels that in actuality aren't there.

Crows nest seems to be where the bug picks up. I don't think that alot of other officers use crows nest to the extent th at I am. YPP is horrifically bothering me, it started yesterday, and continues today.

Rebooting doesn't help.

Deleting all of the client files, redownloading doesn't help either.

I have lost a ton of Poe on this

~shogun
[May 28, 2003 8:07:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nemo
Artist

Our coders have found this issue too. Until they can work it out, take Hethor's advice.

-Nemo
[May 29, 2003 3:47:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BrotherFury

for me, restarting the client does not help.

For me, redownloading the entire cached files/client does not help.

Moving to another machine does, but if YPP is to be truly successful, it must be portable to all machines, thus why my bugs are the key to YPP success ;P.

I assume this bug does not effect all pirates, but i have heard likenesses from some.

Keep up the great work however, and i look forward to the great wipe, where shogun will look down upon all with his 100% equivalent plunder share, and large tropical islands from which all can enjoy my shops.

LoL...

*wakes up*

~Shogun
[May 29, 2003 11:40:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rengor

Yeah I've seen super speeds when you go from say the crows nest to the navigation you are suddenly flying at incredible speeds towards the league point.
I always thought that the crows nest and the mini windows in all other stations were not zoomed at the same level. So when you on the crows nest can see you're almost at a league point, leaving the crows nest you notice that you are suddenly further away from it. Is distance varied for different displays?
-= SilverBeard of The Mad Mutineers =-
--=== www.madmutineers.com ===--
[May 29, 2003 11:55:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Male Guest

The crow's nest view is at the same scale as the other views, there's just more screen so you can see further.

Like any networked game, the position and velocity of vessels in the sea has to be interpolated from periodic updates from the server and there seem to be some issues with clients getting out of sync. I've not yet been able to track down the problem, but I promise that it's high on the list for when we get to question mark.
[May 29, 2003 12:42:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post   [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates