• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 12
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4085 times and has 11 replies Next Thread
Solitian

Midnight Post - Weekly YPP Newspaper - Recruitment Call!

Ahoy!

After much chatting and discussion on the old thread: http://www.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=3610, but i think it's time the game community work together to bring this up for everyone! Thus, with the blessings of the ringers, I'll be customising a backend for just such a purpose.. For a newspaper! Probably weekly in nature, with all the sections that ye can think of and more!

I'm now seeking like-minded individuals to help me put this into action!!

Will need:
Reporters, Journalists, Columnists, Comicists, Paparazzi crews.. anyone who can contribute content
Reviewers: Looking through submissions and maintaining a high standard of articles
Graphic Designers: For creating piratey images to put on the newspaper

And anyone who thinks they can contribute to the project in one way or another, especially the wonderful pirates out there who can brainstorm on new and novel content!

Status of the project: Backend in place, customisation in progress

So please contact me at raymes@alucinari.com over the weekend and let's get the work off the ground!

Regards,
Raymes

P.S: Apologies for double-posting, but i've been told that posting in an old thread means the recruitment call post might be difficult to find ;)
[Jan 30, 2004 1:53:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Segekihei

Re: Midnight Post - Weekly YPP Newspaper - Recruitment Call!

I hate you so much. I was just about to post a suggestion for a newspaper, too! Darn!

If anyone here ever visited www.homestarrunner.net back when it was open (it's closed now, to my knowledge), in the forums I ran NetBeat, the newspaper published Sundays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. It was successful...until the forums fell down go boom. :-(

I'd be willing to be a proofreader/editor/publisher on this. Send me an IM, I don't use e-mail for much anymore, so that wouldn't help...
----------------------------------------
狙撃兵

Goodbye...hello?
[Jan 30, 2004 4:05:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.livejournal.com/~mike_segekihei    flareon805 [Link]  Go to top 
Squidbeard

Solitian wrote: 
Will need:
Reporters, Journalists, Columnists, Comicists, Paparazzi crews.. anyone who can contribute content
Reviewers: Looking through submissions and maintaining a high standard of articles
Graphic Designers: For creating piratey images to put on the newspaper

Waitaminnit! Did ye say columnists? As in, opinions and entertainment? Harr! That's what I do here already! Sign me up!

My first column will be:
    No More Double-Posting!
    See this old thread I woke up? We already had that debate![/list:u:a95cd758c3]I can see it now. My infuence shall know no bounds! The word of the Mantis will spread to every corner of Midnight! Mwahahahahaha!

So I got the job, right?
    Squid
    High Priest, Cult of the Red Mantis
[Jan 30, 2004 4:16:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://looterati.goldfish.org [Link]  Go to top 
xagoloth

Well I already have a comic setup, so a link or a spot would do fine :).
JackSparrow
www.mashrur.com
[Jan 30, 2004 4:42:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mashrur.com    jaquesparrow@yahoo.com    mashsurfer [Link]  Go to top 
Kangy

Oh boy.

I love to do anything involvin' words 'n puns, so sign me up straight away for columnist, since I'll probably have a little more time for that than the others, which could be a little more time zone dependant.
[Jan 30, 2004 6:45:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Evil_Vin

I give bad, I mean good advice so I could be a columist or a reporter, or even a journalist.
Evilvin: [MIDNIGHT] Fleet Officer of Good Omens
Owner of the Peaceful Man-of-war
On a Long Puzzle Pirates Break
[Jan 30, 2004 6:56:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    evilvin1 [Link]  Go to top 
Dorel

I studied in journalism, so I can help out.

I was thinking of having interviews with Y!PP celebrities.
Hermes wrote: 
Gather round, folks, for the Ballad of Dorel the Invulnerable!
silverkitty wrote: 
The ocean is dangerous, bring a lifejacket.

[Jan 30, 2004 8:34:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    CeeJayDorel [Link]  Go to top 
DaaMan

im up for beeing an Reviewer
Only evil on days that end in Y.
[Jan 30, 2004 8:36:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
alexg

<-- critic [dies]
-Autumn

Arrr! n' stuff.
[Jan 30, 2004 5:37:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://exxquisitecorpse.deviantart.com    exxquisitecorpse [Link]  Go to top 
Solitian

Email me please!

Ahoy!

Thanks for the very encouraging responses, piratey journalist/columnist/reviewer/critic/comicist-wannebes! Well, the thing i need ye to do is to quickly send me an email to raymes@alucinari.com so that i can consolidate a mailing list and get things moving... We should be looking at a first meeting around this weekend in-game...

Regards,
Raymes
[Jan 30, 2004 6:31:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
AkMedic

How's this coming along? We're all excited to see the first issue!
Captain of the greatest crew in the seas.
King of the honorable and just flag Imperio.

Retired

Adversus solem ne loquitor
[Feb 28, 2004 7:56:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    AlaskanParamedic [Link]  Go to top 
kj7rat

Aye... if you're still looking for people I can help--I can do a little bit of everything (write, proof, photoshop). Feel free to PM me. ^_^
~Kazen, Senior Officer of Six Leagues Under~
[Mar 1, 2004 11:05:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://kj7rat.blogspot.com [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates