• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 8
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1752 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
dnxthx

Don't work for me? Reply to this Post

I've recently taken over 'All Things Metal' and a little concerned about the MASSIVE number of people I have employed. I'm new to shopkeeping (as are we all), but I would suggest that some of you who work for 'All Things Metal' might quit and take work elsewhere. (Cleaver, Nemo, or those who are knowlegeable correct me if I'm wrong please, but...) I suggest that working at a market (other than Alpha) might be a better choice for most of you, because they are more likely to pay you on a regular basis, and, it will help produce the raw goods that drive the rest of the economy (there is a dearth of iron and wood right now). The conundrum is this --- if there are no raw goods, then there are no derived goods, which means people can't order, which means jobbers don't get paid.

To the developers, how do I turn off the 'Help Wanted' sign?

To Nemo or Cleaver, can you move this to 'Game Design'? I think that might be a better place for this topic
----------------------------------------
Duncan
[size=10]Reformed Player
[size=8]Avatar by AaronZOOM
[Edit 1 times, last edit by dnxthx at May 28, 2003 12:11:49 AM]
[May 28, 2003 12:11:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LonesomeCrow

Re: Don't work for me? Reply to this Post

I'd LOVE to quit at least one of my jobs. Unfortunately I can't! I have no quit button in my GUI for employment. (I have filed a bug).
Tarrna: [Insignificant] Senior Officer - Sinking Feelings

Sergio Aragones wrote: 

[May 28, 2003 12:21:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nemo
Artist

Help Not Wanted Reply to this Post

Yes, you should only need a few employees and it's very likely that work could be better spent at a Market.
To stop hiring new employees, change your "posted offer" to all 0. Don't worry, that won't fire your existing employees. It's a bit unintuitive, though. Perhaps we could have a checkbox on that panel to decide if it's posted or not. That way you could keep your last posted offer on your records anyway.

So far, this is fine for this thread, as it is about managing your shop (although there was a question in there, which would be in the Questions forum... nevermind). Anyone who'd like to discuss gameplay elements related to this topic (such as the checkbox I mentioned above, or ways of smoothing the economic bumps) should post so in the Game Design forum.

-Nemo
[May 28, 2003 1:27:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dnxthx

I tried setting the offers to zero, but this caused an error, saying I was a cheapskate.
Duncan
[size=10]Reformed Player
[May 28, 2003 3:13:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nemo
Artist

Sorry, Jack says "Click the "clear' button" which sounds similar to what I was mentioning above...
[May 28, 2003 3:43:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dnxthx

Ah, that does the trick. Now I just need something way of rerferring them to Bryne Market. :)
Duncan
[size=10]Reformed Player
[May 28, 2003 3:46:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Vixen

I gotta back Duncan up on this, as much as I like my loyal workforce I would rather you were producing Hemp (Papaya lovely this time of year) to enable me to make the cloth your fancy outfits require.
Vixen - Captain of The Black Widows.
[May 29, 2003 12:21:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Meghaford

well I'm trying to camp out on Bryne today to get some more pirates working at the market... and more people have signed up.... but while production was happening this morning, I haven't seen anything produced in the past hour and a half... nothing!! (Unless someone else is also camped out waiting)
--Ursela, Captain of the Dastards
... and a few others ...
[May 29, 2003 1:04:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.rjmlb.com [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates