• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 133
Posts: 133   Pages: 5   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 21973 times and has 132 replies Next Thread
Xoonky_90

Fintan's anniversary: win Conglin!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note to entrants:
DO NOT JOIN THE CONGLIN BLOCKADE UNTIL AROUND FIVE HOURS BEFORE THE SCHEDULED START TIME
See here for more details.

Thanks.
~Apollo.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**Fintan's anniversary and Conglin's give-away!**

Where: Conglin Island
When: Sunday, February 18th, 12:00 Noon PST
What: An event blockade
Entry Fee: Established+ fame and a war chest of 25,000 pieces of eight
Jobber contact for watcher and guard ships: Psychox

We only attacked Conglin to blockade something, with no reason or biasing on neither island nor the holding flag, unfortunately the defenders decided not to contend due to another blockade at the same time, and we got the island uncontested, we had thought of eventing it off, but no time to do it, we lately remembered of it and worked on an event.
On February 25th 2006, we also colonized Fintan island, and to celebrate our main home's anniversary, we are giving Conglin as a prize, but due to the 24hour blockade on the 24th-25th weekend and the disabling of other blockades, we are forced to do it a week earlier.

The blockade is to give a chance to most of the smaller flags to fight for an island, and let the best one win. Show your blockading skills without the fear of the ganging alliances slaying you, we tried to do this as fair as possible.
Each flag that wants to participate needs to have a fame of Estabilished or higher, 25,000 pieces of eight, and should also register in this thread with their 4 main navvers, and 4 substitutes in case of unforeseen emergency.
Flags will be responsible for jobber pay and entertainment.

Rules: This is a normal blockade, just like any other, with a few rules to restrict unfairnesses from happening:
Each flag will have to stick to the rules, if a ship of your's sinks, you can replace it with another, but no additinional ships are allowed or you will be disqualified and attacked from our big ships.
Round One: Each flag will only be able to man four sloops in battle.
Round Two: Each flag will only be able to man two cutters in battle.
Round Three: Each flag will only be able to man one war brig in battle.
If necessary:
Round Four: Each flag will only be able to man four sloops in battle.
Round Five: Each flag will only be able to man two cutters in battle.

Watchers: We can't stop watcher ships on safe-zone, but we will be fielding a brig or frig depending on jobbers turnout to guard around for uncompeting ships and disqualified participants to sink. If you want to come help on our ships, send Psychox a tell.

Recommended Supplies: We recommend each flag bring 12 sloops 6 cutters and 3 brigs ships per round one, two and three respectively (in case of sinkage) and approximately 200 rum per round, and 800 small cannon balls per first and second rounds, and 600 medium cannon balls for last round. You can bring any amount of supplies you want, it's just a recommendation for less experienced flags.

Sinking: This blockade won't be sinking, we will not be returning any war declarations.

Points: This is a normal blockade so points will be awarded as in any other blockade from the flags, we will also be taking snap-shots of each round results to determine 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th prizes, If there is no clear winner with rounds, the island will be transfered to the flag with the highest overall points.

Participation restriction: Island-owning flags are asked not to participate, this is an event that should allow the smaller flags win an island, and once in their life-time get jobber support from the bigger flags.

Disqualification: If any ships other than the ones allowed per flag go into battle, that flag will be disqualified, and we will use our ships to chase and sink that specific flag's ships. We will also be disqualifying if we notice that a flag is helping another flag, everyone for themselves.

Ram the Biggie: We will be sending our brig/frig in battle at times and will be running around without shooting at anyone, the first ship to ram it will win a cutter(renamed? awaiting OM support response...)

Prizes:
1st: The island and 1k small cannon balls / 200 rum to get the fort started and four blue ribbons for the main navvers and a fancy blue ribbon for the monarch.
2nd: A war frigate and a war brig and four red ribbons for the main navvers and a fancy red ribbon for the monarch.
3rd: Two war brigs and a complete outfit of you choice for the monarch of up to 20k and four yellow ribbons for the main navvers and a fancy yellow ribbon for the monarch.
4th: An "Expansive ocean view" portrait for the four main navvers and monarch.
5th: A war brig.

More prizes may be added as they arrive (especialy after OM support response). Prize donations are very welcome.

* We sincerely ask the ocean to not put any other ships in and mess the blockade.
** What The Falchion reserves the right to bring ships out in battle board if things are getting boring and need shaken.
*** What The Falchion also reserves the right to change a few rules of this blockade until a week before the event, we will announce any changes with a new post to this thread.

Big thanks go to the organizing staff of our flag and the advises from Cohog, as this event was based on the Spectre give-away.

What The Falchion wishes you all enjoy the blockade, and have a great time!
----------------------------------------
Everything happens for a reason...
[Edit 4 times, last edit by Apollo at Feb 17, 2007 6:46:35 AM]
[Jan 26, 2007 6:30:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Xoonky_90

Re: Fintan's anniversary: win Conglin!

Forgot to add: Flags are responsible of breaking alliances with other participants before dropping the chest, to avoid the mess.

Oh and did i mention the edit is broken again? =p
[Jan 26, 2007 4:01:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Xoonky_90

*hangs his head in shame* sorry...
I really need to think days before posting to not forget anything...
I also forgot to mention the island has no shop built on it, thus letting the winner flag build whatever shop they wish on it.
[Jan 27, 2007 5:25:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aiindiaf

I think this is a wonderful thing Fintan is doing. Who came up with the idea to help out the small flag with such a blessing. I thank Psychox for taking the time out to contact all the royals. I'm so excited and hope i can produce enough ships by then. But where do i registar.
From Blacksapphir Princess of the flag Clairvoyant Mauraders.
[Jan 27, 2007 1:48:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hazarath

Oceanus Expeditus plans on being there. Where do we sign up?
Morbuzaan

I support PvP in sinking environments.

Cremate wrote: 
Cremate tells ye, "Anyway I have hockey to watch"

[Jan 27, 2007 2:46:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hazarath

Oh, this thread... I new that...
Morbuzaan

Cremate wrote: 

[Jan 27, 2007 2:48:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Xoonky_90

Each flag that wants to participate needs to have a fame of Estabilished or higher, 25,000 pieces of eight, and should also register in this thread with their 4 main navvers, and 4 substitutes in case of unforeseen emergency.

There you go. ;-)
[Jan 27, 2007 3:30:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hazarath

Do the navvers have to be from your flag?
Morbuzaan

Cremate wrote: 

[Jan 27, 2007 9:15:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Xoonky_90

Do the navvers have to be from your flag?

No, there is no way to ensure you don't just get an alt of an outside flaggie, so any navvers can be used.
[Jan 28, 2007 4:32:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Doogle622

[quote][quote]Do the navvers have to be from your flag?[/quote]
No, there is no way to ensure you don't just get an alt of an outside flaggie, so any navvers can be used.[/quote]

However, if it is provable

[quote]Disqualification: If any ships other than the ones allowed per flag go into battle, that flag will be disqualified, and we will use our ships to chase and sink that specific flag's ships. We will also be disqualifying if we notice that a flag is helping another flag, everyone for themselves.[/quote

[quote]will be disqualified and attacked from our big ships.[/quote]
am i bovverd

Qball the lazy Capitan

Valiant Conquerous
What The Falchion
[Jan 29, 2007 3:35:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pikaro

When is the last register date, and is there a restriction on how many flags are allowed to enter?
Bhubba Captain of Nautical Hoodratz

Explorer of Cobalt Ocean
Hunter of the seas
[Jan 29, 2007 3:41:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
av8tors32

So is it acceptable to pimp meself out???
AV
Dark Asylum, Cobalt

Want to insult me? Do worry, I already know what I am.
[Jan 29, 2007 10:57:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    av8tors32    av8tors32 [Link]  Go to top 
Xoonky_90

When is the last register date, and is there a restriction on how many flags are allowed to enter?

We are still thinking of the deadline, but it should be the chest-dropping time, 24 hour before the event in other words.
Any amount of flags are allowed to enter, excepting the flags that hold an island already.

So is it acceptable to pimp meself out???

Yes, i guess so. =p
[Jan 29, 2007 12:42:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
av8tors32

Pimp Pimp Pimp.... semi-retired, somewhat experienced naver looking to sail into Conglin for someone.

Can show as Av or Avernus...whichever you think you keep yer ships floating.... ;-)
AV
Dark Asylum, Cobalt

Want to insult me? Do worry, I already know what I am.
[Jan 29, 2007 4:54:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    av8tors32    av8tors32 [Link]  Go to top 
pikaro

so what happens if only one flag enters and no other does, will that mean we battle the holders of the island?

Explorer of Cobalt Ocean
Hunter of the seas
[Jan 30, 2007 6:31:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tikat

so what happens if only one flag enters and no other does, will that mean we battle the holders of the island?

I dont think you are going to have to worry about that happening.
Rami - Bringing random tomfoolery to an ocean near you
[Jan 30, 2007 6:42:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Xoonky_90

I dont think you are going to have to worry about that happening.

Seconded.

And even if it happens, yeah we would enter why not, though we would certainly not keep the island, we'd just fight as a participant, while that other participant wins 1st place for sure.
[Jan 30, 2007 10:07:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ingvild

Note that February 18th is also the Cobalt anniversary and the Chinese New Year. ;)
Yngvild
[Jan 30, 2007 4:35:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Doogle622

And even if it happens, yeah we would enter why not, though we would certainly not keep the island, we'd just fight as a participant, while that other participant wins 1st place for sure.

Why let the only participant suffer non sinkages because no one else turned up ? Besides glub glub = fun
am i bovverd

Qball the lazy Capitan

Valiant Conquerous
What The Falchion
[Jan 30, 2007 4:37:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aiindiaf

Av i would love to have you come sail for us and you can come as Av or Avernus anyone will do. Blacksapphir Princess of the flag Clairvoyant Marauders. Hugs and Kisses
[Jan 31, 2007 6:46:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pikaro

If necessary:

Can u please explain this much better after round 2 does it mean
4 sloops plus u can add 2 cutters?

Explorer of Cobalt Ocean
Hunter of the seas
[Jan 31, 2007 11:29:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hohumdiddly

I think it's JUST 2 cutters, no sloops allowed.

Hohum
Mazi says, "and i have freckles"
Mazi says, "and i turn into a big freckle when exposed to rays of light"
Prosperity says, "I get cute little freckles on my nosey"
[Jan 31, 2007 11:57:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pikaro

Now is this a sinking battle?
cause in one part it mentions "non sinking" and then in another says "if sunk"

Explorer of Cobalt Ocean
Hunter of the seas
[Jan 31, 2007 12:19:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Xoonky_90

Firstly, i would like to inform everyone that we are CONSIDERING declaring war back to any flag that breaks the rules and don't back off when asked since they'd obviously get disqualified, which would consist of about a week of war. Yes we will also be chasing them with our ships.
This is still just an idea, and before we announce if we will do it, i'd like some opinions on it.

If necessary:

Can u please explain this much better after round 2 does it mean
4 sloops plus u can add 2 cutters?

No, for round two you're only allowed the cutters, for round three you're only allowed the brig, there is no mixing of them.
"Round Two: Each flag will only be able to man two cutters in battle."

Now is this a sinking battle?
cause in one part it mentions "non sinking" and then in another says "if sunk"

No, this is a NON-SINKING blockade, and a ship has to be SUNK to get out of battle righT? Even if it is non-sinking, the ships still sink, the only difference is that they go back to port, not disappear.
[Jan 31, 2007 1:33:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tikat

Will the new manuevers be enabeled for this contest ?
[Jan 31, 2007 3:54:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hazarath

Obviously...
Morbuzaan

Cremate wrote: 

[Jan 31, 2007 4:55:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tikat

Obviously...

While I appreciate the speed of this answer I would like to have it come from someone who is actually involved in the event.

And....It is not obvious. You see as I understand it manuevers are going to be optional in event blockades, therfore it is not obvious.

But thank you for your tarting.
[Jan 31, 2007 5:00:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Doogle622

It is unknown at the moment, due to there being bugs in the manuevers system.

We will let you know closer to the time of the event if it will be enabled or not.
am i bovverd

Qball the lazy Capitan

Valiant Conquerous
What The Falchion
[Jan 31, 2007 6:33:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
taalmage

I would like to officially enter Morrigan's Fury as a contender.

Main navers: LadyAife, CtrledChaos, Assaultme, Soupy

sub navers: Talmage, ClaraMolly
Talmage- Captain of Llyr's Tempest
Monarch of the flag Morrigan's Fury
Cobalt
"not all those that wander are lost."
[Jan 31, 2007 10:44:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Xoonky_90

It is unknown at the moment, due to there being bugs in the manuevers system.

We will let you know closer to the time of the event if it will be enabled or not.

Good answer, but this is going to be a full blockade, not an event one, so i do believe the only option will be the blockade with manuevers since all the blockades are going to be like that from now on.
But there is enough time for all of them to be fixed and get used to before this happens.
[Feb 1, 2007 2:27:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 133   Pages: 5   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates