• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 235
Posts: 235   Pages: 8   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 65950 times and has 234 replies Next Thread
moon_goddess

Re: Valentine's Event! Win nauseating stuff!

Well, since my first idea went down the tubes as I was reading through the rules... (blast it, Apollo, so sneaky =p)

I agree! Evil, sneaky Apollo!! Here I was thinking of ideas on my drive to work before I read ALL of the rules and I had this great idea to woo our Apollo Rocket of Love involving red and pink kitchen utencils and lots of them...... way to crush my dreams Apollo!!! Back to the drawing board......

H9!!!

*grumble grumble*
Chicka
----------------------------------------
Chicka ~<Cobalt>~
[Jan 29, 2007 12:35:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
spider347

Can two people work on the same entry?
[Jan 29, 2007 5:30:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
flepnerg

I believe he already answered that, please read the entire thread before asking a new question.
He said something along the lines of: "Yes, but you will have to decide who gets the prize if you win"
~Surmuck
Not willing to go find exactly what Apollo said and quote
~Surmuck
Viridian
[Jan 29, 2007 5:35:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Countrytheta

Can two people work on the same entry?

Apollo Wrote:

I was wondering if an entry by created two people will be allowed?
If two people make an entry, that's fine, as long as you're willing to share the prize if you win one. Any prize would go by default to the person that posts.

Countrytheta
~*~*~*~*~*~
Theta Wuz Here.
[Jan 29, 2007 7:32:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
shadica

so we cant make one big card for all the OceanMasters?
[Jan 30, 2007 10:30:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
misvmk

(I didn't know if the subject had to stay the same, but I kept it that way anyhow.)

To:Apollo

This is a kind of adjective song.
(An adjective is a word that describes a noun, and a noun is a person place or thing)

Apollo, oh Apollo
Why do I love you so?
Apollo, oh Apollo
Will you put on a show?
I admire you for many reasons,
so many are here but there's so many, so many, so many more.
I admire you because you are...
Funny, cute, calm, sweet
I can always feel the heat.
Good, fun, not on the run,
and you know how to gun!
Clean, rich, you're name's not Mitch,
(But even if it was, I'd love you all the same!)

Happy Valentines Day!

-Missvmk
[Jan 30, 2007 2:02:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
flepnerg

1.There is a thread for entries.
2.Apollo specifically said that you may not submit and entry for him.
However, if this was simply a fun project, it looks fine.
~Surmuck
Tarting
~Surmuck
Viridian
[Jan 30, 2007 3:08:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jonh352

I'm just wondering is the quote wove true wove from the movie/book The Princess Bride ?
Billyjoejoe on Sage Ocean
[Jan 30, 2007 4:05:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
raincake

Apollo obviously has very many admirers and they just cannot restrain themselves ;)

A couple of questions from me:

1. This might sound a bit silly, but just to confirm are infatuations for an OM or developer of the same gender as yourself allowed?
2. If one person were to submit three entries for three different OMs/developer, would the entries be judged entirely seperately? As in... you'd ignore the fact that they were by the same people. I was just wondering if people would get marks for "effort" if they submitted the maximum amount of entries. i.e. would there happen to be an extra award for somebody who makes three pretty good entries but doesn't win the overall prize? (Not that I really plan to do so myself, but hope that makes sense!)

Many thanks for running the event! :)
Spoonio on Sage Ocean
Avatar? - Not taking anymore requests until current queue is finished!
[Jan 30, 2007 4:07:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Apollo
OceanMaster

I'm just wondering is the quote wove true wove from the movie/book The Princess Bride ?

IT MIGHT BE

>.<
[Jan 30, 2007 4:14:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
Apollo
OceanMaster

Apollo obviously has very many admirers and they just cannot restrain themselves ;)

They just feel sorry for me because I'm not well, bless 'em. Chicken soup and Valentines. I'm not complaining. :)

1. This might sound a bit silly, but just to confirm are infatuations for an OM or developer of the same gender as yourself allowed?

Yeah, go ahead. Even more scary, some of them may even be the same species as yourself! Whatever their preferences in real life, I can't see anyone being offended about getting entries from both boys and girls in the context of this event, as long as the actual content isn't offensive!

2. If one person were to submit three entries for three different OMs/developer, would the entries be judged entirely seperately? As in... you'd ignore the fact that they were by the same people. I was just wondering if people would get marks for "effort" if they submitted the maximum amount of entries. i.e. would there happen to be an extra award for somebody who makes three pretty good entries but doesn't win the overall prize? (Not that I really plan to do so myself, but hope that makes sense!)

They'll be split by OM/Dev, and judged separately, so there's no extra prize for a 'cumulative' score.
[Jan 30, 2007 4:25:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
AndromedaCL

IT MIGHT BE

>.<

Yup it is. From the wedding ceremony. :-)
Carribean
Carribean Cruise Lines

Androclea's Realm
[Jan 30, 2007 7:04:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.geocities.com/androcleasrealm/home.htm    AndrocleasRealm    AndrocleaNight [Link]  Go to top 
ddraigeneth

IT MIGHT BE

>.<

Yup it is. From the wedding ceremony. :-)

hehe, yes, I recognized that as well--doesn't really help me though...if Apollo is responsible for the skellies, I just don't know what to say :P
Gwiddon d'Sage - Making her own avatars since 2005
DeviantART

Is yer sword a foil?
[Jan 30, 2007 11:07:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
AndromedaCL

Yup it is. From the wedding ceremony. :-)[/quote]

hehe, yes, I recognized that as well--doesn't really help me though...if Apollo is responsible for the skellies, I just don't know what to say :P[/quote]

[quote][quote][quote][quote]I'm just wondering is the quote wove true wove from the movie/book The Princess Bride ?[/quote]
IT MIGHT BE

>.<[/quote]

Yup it is. From the wedding ceremony. :-)[/quote]

hehe, yes, I recognized that as well--doesn't really help me though...if Apollo is responsible for the skellies, I just don't know what to say :P[/quote]

I have no clue who is responsible, but I know it wouldn't be Apollo. The skellies have been saying that line over 3 years now, pre-dating Apollo. Also, I believe it would be a developer not an OM creating the lines.

I still giggle when I see that line and the 'I am not left-handed' one too. :-P I love that movie!!
Carribean
Carribean Cruise Lines

Androclea's Realm
[Jan 31, 2007 5:52:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.geocities.com/androcleasrealm/home.htm    AndrocleasRealm    AndrocleaNight [Link]  Go to top 
Patetch

Gah! Pesky contract! Can I make the ordeal completely hideous for all the above-mentioned OceanMasters and Developers?

Apollo.

I think this part is working - I know I'D be terribly uncomfortable if I was one of the targets - I must say some of the entries are downright... well... creepy.
:P
Do you guys now leave the office using the buddy system to protect yourself from stalkers?

/e shudders and tries to think of whimsical ways to enter this contest minus the mushiness.
Pletoo of Sage
[Jan 31, 2007 11:19:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TheAlterEgo

Reguarding the one entry, what if we want to send sorts of an album? Still one entry, but of multiple pictures for one admirer. I would also like to send in the entry [via mail] for my object of affection to treasure (coughs) so I'll be contacting Thalette.
Allies, Cobalt
[Jan 31, 2007 2:54:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
brainbeard

As of now, I believe Apollo has the most entries >.>
Pheonixflame-Viridian
Phoenixflame-Hunter
Phoenixflame-Sage

Fightin' on!
[Jan 31, 2007 5:58:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
satin11

Yes, isn't that silly? Seeing as how he's the only Ringer not eligible*, I've been finding it amusing.

* Not including Ringers no longer employed.
~Satin~
Cobalt/Sage
Nem wrote: 
I think this is the first thread I've seen that claims there aren't enough 'donkeys' in the game. Maybe you're hanging out with the wrong pirates.

[Jan 31, 2007 6:19:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.geocities.com/satin1111111/ [Link]  Go to top 
moon_goddess

yeah I to have had quite a chuckle about that myself. Lesson here kiddies, READ THE RULES ... not just part of the rules ALL THE RULES

Chicka
Giggling to herself
Chicka ~<Cobalt>~
[Jan 31, 2007 6:37:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mrsmishmash

Apollo - I was wondering if you could tell me (in your completely neutral professional opinion) -
Who is better looking in 'real' life ... Lelantos, Glaucus or Endymion?
I just can't choose who to dedicate my efforts to?

I'd appreciate your help in this matter.
Cheers, Filarious of Cobalt

[Jan 31, 2007 7:06:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pippygirl

that's ok that you get jealous lol I'll send you one if I can!
I love mythology too and in general Greek mythology and philosophy and Roman, Greek and Spartan history. I know I don't know you, but I feel like sharing the love...
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!! ^_^ lol <3
[Jan 31, 2007 11:32:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
peiyiing

/me totally lurrrrvveess Apollo and worships him! While I cant send an entry to him as part of this competition but I sure wanna give him a teddy all the same!

Is that allowed, Apollo? I'd really love to give you a teddy (in-game one, of course. It's much too far for me to mail one to you =( )

<3 <3 <3 Apollo!

Apollo Rocks!
Winty has retired from YPP.
Don't give me bad attitude, I've got one of my own

kusje wrote:

How do you tell where "east" is on the globe if the globe is round?

[Feb 2, 2007 12:40:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PogoBeta

/me totally lurrrrvveess Apollo and worships him! While I cant send an entry to him as part of this competition but I sure wanna give him a teddy all the same!

Is that allowed, Apollo? I'd really love to give you a teddy (in-game one, of course. It's much too far for me to mail one to you =( )

<3 <3 <3 Apollo!

Apollo Rocks!

I don't think Apollo would mind tribute in the form of lingerie. Kind of like a rock star, you know?
Pogo on Midnight

I used to have an avatar shop
for someone this washed up, you'd think i'd be a little cleaner...
[Feb 2, 2007 5:17:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
peiyiing

ROFLMAO. I dint mean teddy in the form of a lingerie, but a teddy BEAR. I think sending him a teddy (lingerie) falls under lewd.
Winty has retired from YPP.
Don't give me bad attitude, I've got one of my own

kusje wrote:

How do you tell where "east" is on the globe if the globe is round?

[Feb 2, 2007 5:34:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sunwife

Wow!

Man I usually don´t post in the forums, but...Why didn´t anybody think about that before???I just looooooved this idea!
Silmeria of Emerald.

/e reads:
"Your Experience in Carpentry (went down and) is now Novice!"
[Feb 2, 2007 9:02:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Synful

<3 <3 <3 Apollo!

Apollo Rocks!

I don't think Apollo would mind tribute in the form of lingerie. Kind of like a rock star, you know?

Just great! Now ye've got me imagining Apollo as Dr. Frank-N-Furter in RHPS!
The name is Synful.
------------------------
[Feb 2, 2007 4:35:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
satin11

<3 <3 <3 Apollo!

Apollo Rocks!

Just great! Now ye've got me imagining Apollo as Dr. Frank-N-Furter in RHPS!

/e is giggling uncontrollably now.
~Satin~
Cobalt/Sage
Nem wrote: 
I think this is the first thread I've seen that claims there aren't enough 'donkeys' in the game. Maybe you're hanging out with the wrong pirates.

[Feb 2, 2007 4:46:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.geocities.com/satin1111111/ [Link]  Go to top 
moon_goddess

Don't dream it, be it.
Chicka ~<Cobalt>~
[Feb 2, 2007 5:54:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ROCKAB88M

In other news, its possible to wrap a box in a box...

And, can you wrap another box that is wrapped in a box with another box and so on and so forth until you have a box wrapped in a box wrapped in a box wrapped in a box wrapped in a box wrapped in a box?

and inside the last box is???

Yay!!! a golden apple...but don't try to bite into it or you'll be going to visit the dentist for valentines day...which would be REALLY harsh! :P

Actually, gold is soft enough to bite into. It's not poisionous either...

/me is using ALTSPACE characters in this post so technically it is all one word. MEH. Now the search engine WILL miss it. Hopefully.

Aphrodite tells you, "I never pay for hugs. :)"

Rockerman says, "Maybe Cleaver's sick."
Istarion says, "Cleaver's always sick."

[Feb 2, 2007 11:15:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Synful

Don't dream it, be it.

Sorry, my role in RHPS was always Columbia. I leave Dr. Frank-N-Furter to Apollo. Although Apollo reminds me more of Rocky.
The name is Synful.
------------------------
[Feb 3, 2007 6:01:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 235   Pages: 8   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates