• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 235
Posts: 235   Pages: 8   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 65943 times and has 234 replies Next Thread
thranduil01

Re: Valentine's Event! Win nauseating stuff!

err i booched my post refers to the A-E post by Thranduill01
i forgot pirate name and ocean it wont let me edit so i liked to mention it's Thranduill from sage .also my point and accents....turned into squares,wicked .anyways, love you Apollo =D
----------------------------------------

Free wazzy

[Feb 3, 2007 7:27:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
peiyiing

Can I make a suggestion in this thread, although it's not really related to the event?

Could someone please please organize an event where we send our love letters/tributes/whatevers to Apollo, who has been so tragically left out in the cold in this event? (so I don't have to do it myself and be barred from participating) Hopefully get the prize of Apollo doll as winner.

*starry eyed at prospect of clutching Apollo doll in her hands* (think I shd go make up a story about winning an Apollo doll, similiar to the one ASpider did about being in Glaucus' shack => linky for those who havent read it)
Winty has retired from YPP.
Don't give me bad attitude, I've got one of my own

kusje wrote:

How do you tell where "east" is on the globe if the globe is round?

[Feb 3, 2007 11:21:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PogoBeta

Can I make a suggestion in this thread, although it's not really related to the event?

Could someone please please organize an event where we send our love letters/tributes/whatevers to Apollo, who has been so tragically left out in the cold in this event? (so I don't have to do it myself and be barred from participating) Hopefully get the prize of Apollo doll as winner.

*starry eyed at prospect of clutching Apollo doll in her hands* (think I shd go make up a story about winning an Apollo doll, similiar to the one ASpider did about being in Glaucus' shack => linky for those who havent read it)

Well, provided somebody with an extra Apollo doll decides to run such an event...

like Kingpriam, who apparently has two...
Pogo on Midnight

I used to have an avatar shop
for someone this washed up, you'd think i'd be a little cleaner...
[Feb 3, 2007 11:27:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
peiyiing

you could always email events@puzzlepirates.com, direct it to Apollo to answer. write up a decent proposal for the event and see if dear uncky Apollo would approve and hereby endorse it with his image.

kusje wrote:

[Feb 3, 2007 11:30:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PogoBeta

you could always email events@puzzlepirates.com, direct it to Apollo to answer. write up a decent proposal for the event and see if dear uncky Apollo would approve and hereby endorse it with his image.

Well since you're the one who seems so interested in such an event, perhaps you should pitch it to the Event crew.

Judging by Apollo's first post in this thread, though, I think you'd have better luck if you pitched it to a different person.
Pogo on Midnight

I used to have an avatar shop
for someone this washed up, you'd think i'd be a little cleaner...
[Feb 3, 2007 11:49:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
daleenmarine

Apollo wrote: 
To be valid, our entry post must:
* Be posted in the correct thread
* Include your pirate name and ocean
* Include the OM or Dev target of your entry

/e facepalms and feels dumb asking this, but heaped so much love into her entries that she'd hate to be disqualified

So, um, is the entry valid if the pirate name and ocean is in the entry's sig? Or should I re-post my entry stating my info in the post itself?
HuskerMike wrote: 
It feels like you're on a jihad against me.

Antix wrote: 
And if he turns out to be an innocent lets not remember that fact at all.

[Feb 3, 2007 12:09:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
peiyiing

Well since you're the one who seems so interested in such an event, perhaps you should pitch it to the Event crew.

Judging by Apollo's first post in this thread, though, I think you'd have better luck if you pitched it to a different person.

Unfortunately, Apollo also mentioned before (I'm abit too tired to find the quote) that if you wish to do a particular event where you require personal artifacts from the OM (like OM dolls/portraits) or if you're including the OM's name in your Event, then you need to direct the Event Proposal to them. No OM likes to be surprised with an Event where they are unvoluntarily volunteered into endorsing. They might just test their banstick on you.

kusje wrote:

[Feb 3, 2007 1:07:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
micklauer

Well, provided somebody with an extra Apollo doll decides to run such an event...

like Kingpriam, who apparently has two...

Don't blow up my spot...bizzle...I have plans...lots of them...
Devout follower of Apollo
d(-_^) Blackhat Approved
[Feb 3, 2007 3:45:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
GamerzKid

Take moodily-lit photographs of interesting kitchen utensils

I wonder if anyone is going to do this...

Speaking about this anyways... Apollo, are you really serious about this being a valid entry? If so....
The statement below is false.
The statement above is true.

--

Marzo of Midnight, Hunter, Sage, Viridian: Retired / Hiatus.
Buoyancy of Viridian: Active

First started playing: 2005.
[Feb 3, 2007 6:56:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Patetch

This isn't for the contest, but they are still gifts, so I figured this would be a good spot. I have been having fun with the puppets I have made (for both the U Giv Doll contest and the Hermes Comic) and I thought they might be fun avatars. These are the puppets I have so far:

Someday I will be able to get women's hairstyles to look right, but for now, they still elude me.

I hope you enjoy them, and if the OMs (and Ceph) would like to use theirs as an avatar I'd be honored (but they don't have to.) Hypnos got two because I couldn't decide which I liked better.
Pletoo of Sage
[Feb 4, 2007 2:39:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
peiyiing

Cool! I like the sleeping Hypnos best. It made me chuckle.

kusje wrote:

[Feb 4, 2007 5:15:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
satin11

About the whole thing with Apollo not getting any love from this contest... what contest are ya'll watching? Hehe, though he's the only ineligible OM, he's gotten the most entries I think:P

And yes, even I have something planned for dear Apollo. Though it won't be an entry, I had a fun idea for a gift.

That reminds me...

/e runs off to PM Thalette with a question.
~Satin~
Cobalt/Sage
Nem wrote: 
I think this is the first thread I've seen that claims there aren't enough 'donkeys' in the game. Maybe you're hanging out with the wrong pirates.

[Feb 4, 2007 5:59:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.geocities.com/satin1111111/ [Link]  Go to top 
Patetch

Well, I wasn't quite happy with the other one, so here is another one for Cephalopod:

Pletoo of Sage
[Feb 4, 2007 7:02:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SSKitty

This event inspires me so much.. I have to write a spontanious poem to ALL of the Ocean Masters!

Even though the nights are cold,
And my heart is lone and hollow..
I'd giveth all my PoE'y gold..
For the lovely, dear.. Ocean Masters. [Hrrrm Hrrm]

For even through my darkest days,
And tears I've had to swallow..
Shining bright in golden blaze,
There'd be my dear.. Ocean Masters.

Making life seem right again,
I toss the hangmans gallow!
Free of woe and free of chain..
I love my dear.. Ocean Masters.. [sigh]

Thank you for a wonderful in game experience..
You make my day!
"Captain! Full speed, sir!"
- Whitesails
SO and Cartographer of the crew Weirdy Beardys
Lord of the flag Fearless Privateers
Sage ocean

My avatarshop: http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=57176
[Feb 5, 2007 4:05:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://mioshi.deviantart.com [Link]  Go to top 
hydra800

wait so how do we enter?
[Feb 6, 2007 6:51:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Folletto

wait so how do we enter?

Magic
Warning
[Feb 6, 2007 7:43:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dronlord

how about swan ships.
[Feb 6, 2007 9:33:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sunwife

Hmmm, just one question:

Do the prizes go for the best entries for each OM and Developer, or go for the best entries between all OM's and Developers?
Silmeria of Emerald.

/e reads:
"Your Experience in Carpentry (went down and) is now Novice!"
[Feb 8, 2007 7:34:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ayenedya

Aww's I was very disappointed along with the rest that Apollo couldn't be the target of my affection on Valentine's Day. However, I couldn't stop Peanut (as previously seen as Octobunny) from showing her love to him....

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p145/ayenedya/apollonut5.jpg
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p145/ayenedya/apollonut4.jpg
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p145/ayenedya/apollonut3.jpg
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p145/ayenedya/apollonut2.jpg
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p145/ayenedya/Apollonut1.jpg

Hope you are feeling better Apollo...

Hope you have a happy VD... err Valentine's day. :)

~ Casi ~

Casiopia on Cobalt
Casiopia
Luckypavo says, "Can you guess which OM I am?"
Casiopia says, "You're not apollo :( or I'd be stalking >.>"
Luckypavo says, "Casiopia."
Luckypavo says, "My heart. You just broke it."
[Feb 8, 2007 10:30:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Apollo
OceanMaster

So, um, is the entry valid if the pirate name and ocean is in the entry's sig? Or should I re-post my entry stating my info in the post itself?

Yes, your pirate name and ocean in your signature is enough. :)
[Feb 8, 2007 11:58:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
Apollo
OceanMaster

Hmmm, just one question:

Do the prizes go for the best entries for each OM and Developer, or go for the best entries between all OM's and Developers?
The main prizes will be awarded across all entries. We hope to stab the others with toasting forks until they persuade the others to take a look at their entries and pick out a favorite or two, though.

Edit: and thank you, Peanut. ;)
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Apollo at Feb 8, 2007 12:03:28 PM]
[Feb 8, 2007 12:01:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
Patetch

Yay! Apollo is back and feeling better, I hope?
Pletoo of Sage
[Feb 8, 2007 12:59:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Apollo
OceanMaster

Yay! Apollo is back and feeling better, I hope?

Not fully better, but better than I was, thank ye. :)

Someone in a PM wrote: 
Can we PM you our entries for the Valentines Competition?Are screenshots allowed?
You can't PM entries - you need to post them in the entry threads linked from the first post. You can use screenshots if you wish.
[Feb 8, 2007 1:10:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
Synful

WE'LL TRY TO TAKE IT EASY ON YE, APOLLO! GLAD YER FEELING BETTER!
The name is Synful.
------------------------
[Feb 8, 2007 1:13:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Apollo
OceanMaster

I've added to the first post that if you post without your pirate name and ocean, updating your signature to clearly display them will be enough to meet that requirement. Obviously, having the information in the post is better, so don't use the signature instead, but it's ok as a fallback.
[Feb 9, 2007 1:45:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
Apollo
OceanMaster

Not long left!

Can you find a bit of time to create something to woo an Oceanmaster or Developer, and maybe win a familiar? I'm not sure the experience has been nearly horrific enough for some of them... *winks*

Good luck with those last-minute entries!
[Feb 11, 2007 12:36:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
Shandra

/me sobs
I be workin as fast as I can!!
Taco - teh one and only

Deer season hell, I'm waiting for stupid season to open.
[Feb 11, 2007 1:20:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
anchovygirl

My graphics tablet doesn't like my computer, but I shall force it to befriend it. >=D Hopefully I can get them all done.
Anchovia
[Feb 11, 2007 5:30:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
NyamhRose

Kk my poem. Note : I do NOT actually love this OM but thought he was quite cute :)

OM : Castor
Pirate Name : Windrose
Ocean: Sage

Your face so gentle and sweet,
This feeling just cant be beat,
This love is not petite,
But is fully complete,

You gaze upon oceans many,
And my face lights up brightly,
In hope of you gazing at me,
My heart beats so heavely,

My heart is here,
With you forever,
And alas yours is with another.
Nyamhrose
[Feb 11, 2007 9:19:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
NyamhRose

1 last question. When will we find out the results?
Nyamhrose
[Feb 11, 2007 9:21:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 235   Pages: 8   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates